Anyone watching Eli Stone?

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
And enjoying the hell out of it like I am? I left it on because it was after Lost, but it's catching my attention in a big way. Great cast, great combination of humor/seriousness.

I'll be tuning in for this one next week.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Some of it was funny, but once it got sincere with the kid with the autism and everything . . . just couldn't do it. But it was only the first episode. I'll give it another shot next week.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I've been waiting for Jonny Lee Miller to do something else noteworthy since I saw him in Mindhunters. Yum. And Loretta Devine always makes me giggle.

It's not an award winner, but it was funny and different. I'll keep tuning in. :)

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't bother. I watched the teasers for it, and the premise wasn't my cuppa. Add to that this episode's topic, and I was out...

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
It's in a tough spot after LOST: like finishing a high tension scene where the protag is hanging by a thread and the next chapter is about bunnies.

The Sherpa's up front, immediately followed by back story, was a hook that didn't work for me.

NikeeGoddess

Banned
Reaction score
it's some (still growing) weird trend where supernatural powers tell someone what to do: monk, medium, the dead zone, some show where the guy travels back to his past, etc...

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
I liked it but didn't love it.

The Good: Fabulous cast, some very funny dialogue, a slightly different take on the surreal trend.

The Bad: Legal wrangling that was incredibly stupid, a very contrived plot.

I'll keep watching, because Greg Berlanti's shows tend to be good and with a cast like this, it has an excellent chance. I hope that the plotting gets substantially smarter, though.

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
Out of 240 channels, that is the one channel I can't receive. Hopefully, there will be eps available online, because the last time I watched Miller, he was in Hackers. Still love that movie. :)

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I caught the pilot on Tivo. Yes, it's rather contrived but I liked it. I think it has a nice blend of cheese, wit, and heart. And I love the Chinese acupuncturist -- it's so refreshing to see a good Asian character on TV, especially one that breaks stereotypes. At first, I was saying "oh, no, not another Chinese healer with thick accent" so I think the switch near the end was a really nice touch. Gave me a big laugh.

Acupuncturist: That really blows, bro.

:D

Last edited:

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
IMHO, the second episode was MUCH better than the first. Tighter, funnier, better relationships between the characters, and a hilarious musical number for Victor Garber. I am definitely staying on board to see how this develops.

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
And I love the Chinese acupuncturist -- it's so refreshing to see a good Asian character on TV, especially one that breaks stereotypes. At first, I was saying "oh, no, not another Chinese healer with thick accent" so I think the switch near the end was a really nice touch. Gave me a big laugh.

Acupuncturist: That really blows, bro.

:D

He's quickly becomming my favorite character. I loved last night after he's talking to his customer with his 'accent' and Eli interupts, he comes out and tells Eli, "Dude. You can't do that!"

And even though I was one of like four people who enjoyed last weeks ep :tongue, I enjoyed last nights even more. And I agree about Victor's number. Classic! He had to have had so much fun doing that.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Few people know Victor Garber was a Broadway musical star before he became a TV/movie star. I'm happy they're letting him show off his chops.

Last edited: