Just wanted to share aka My Big Fat Lie

Medallion

After years of rejection I've finally been accepted. It makes all the hard work worthwhile. Needless to say I'm tickled pink. :)

Medallion

Congrats on the acceptance! But who was it from? An agent or a publisher?

Oh I wouldn't be celebrating if it was merely an agent. They're just the half-way mark that may never get you all the way. You're tied up in a contract with them for a year or two as well. I decided to pitch publishers directly. Now I don't have to fork out their percentage from my royalty cheques.

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Paprika. In fact, I actually did celebrate.

Getting an agent is a huge accomplishment for a writer. Don't undermine it just because you've decided to go a different route.

Anyway, congratulations Medallion!

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Folks, the bad news is that Medallion is none other than Kendra, who has been banned for persistent childish and insulting behavior, the latest of which may be viewed in this thread.

This person, for reasons only her psychoanalyst might know, seems to find joy in wasting everyone's time with deception and engaging in personal attacks upon members who have done her no harm and in most cases don't even know her.

New member Canamora's rant in The Flaming Banana Pit thread is another fine example of bitterness and twisted love. She hates the site -- hates the people -- but just can't stop coming back.

This glimpse of the exciting stuff that happens behind the scenes is brought to you by your ever-vigilant moderators, who quite frankly would rather spend the time getting some writing done instead of dealing with this crap.

-Derek

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
Glad you pointed that out, caromora! I'm one of those lazy readers who just sees the first letter and the basic shape of the word and thinks she knows what she's read. I very likely would have mistaken you for Canamora.

This particular thread must have been somewhat of a let-down for Medallion/Kendra/Cansomething....the thinly veiled mocking hostility of its tone didn't even get a rise out of us. I guess we're just too cool to fool!