Funny thing happened today...

Backward Masking

Why so serious?
Registered
Reaction score
I had an interesting discussion about death in my philosophy class today. Discussing how one could look at the subject of death in terms of being able to talk one moment and then the next, losing that function. Anyways, about 10:00 am today, I came within a breath of losing my life in a serious car accident. My car was hit as I was making a left turn and I ended up going over a median and being a spun around. Fortunately, both the other driver and I did not sustain any serious injuries (as of yet). Point is, live and enjoy your life. Get every ounce of fulfillment you can because it can be taken away very quickly and very suddenly. I hate to beat that mode of thinking into the ground, but after today, I feel it necessary.

~Cheers

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Good to see you are not injured BM.

I think one of the oddest concepts to reflect on, I mean really think about deeply until one comprehends the reality, is that there will be an exact instant where it ends. I don't mean in a broader abstract way, such as wondering whether there is anything beyond that, rather the fact that there will be one precise moment of our death.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Can happen at any time, anywhere, from outside circumstance or from within our own bods.

Very glad you're alright and here to talk about it.

:Hug2:

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I'm glad you're okay, BM!!! I've definitely had moments like that. Car accidents, and choking incidents. The ones where you realize, if I had not been able to calm down enough to get that out of my throat, my husband would have come home to find me dead on the floor. Makes you really live "in the moment."

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Discussing how one could look at the subject of death in terms of being able to talk one moment and then the next, losing that function.

First, glad you are ok.

That is an interesting thought. I have a character who wakes up after an 'accident' not knowing her name or her brother's name. They are in the wilderness. She knows he is her brother, but can't remember what happened or anything. She also can't speak. Her brother tells her he thinks she could speak before. She and her brother grow up and over time have total recall, but she doesn't speak until much later. I hadn't thought about it in those terms. Were they equating the ability to communicate with life? Or just drawing a parallel? I's curious now...:D

ETA: I put accident in '' because it turns out later they were transported there by an evil dude who tried to wipe their memories.

Finni

discipula vitae
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing can make us live life to the fullest like looking at death in the eyes and living to tell about it!!!

Its an awakening. Don't waste it! Its a gift!

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
B'Masking, glad you're okay! I just saw a near-miss on the tollway coming home an hour ago from lunch...speeding car changing lanes without looking came inches within sideswiping another car--ran it into the easement, and it almost fishtailed. It's a jungle out there...