PDA

View Full Version : Need a new desk chair...

jessicaorr
01-31-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm currently using a straight back wooden chair for my writing and it's pretty uncomfortable. Actually it's really terrible. It's so bad that If I spend much time at my desk I get backaches. I could suck it up... but when there is such a dazzling array of desk chairs available, why bother?

I had a kneeling chair in college and it seemed to straddle the line between comfort and irritation perfectly. I spent hours in it and never suffered from backaches or knee pain but it wasn't so comfortable that I found myself wanting to nap in it (that would be a trick). Do any of you use kneeling chairs or do you have a particular office chair you'd like to recommend?

I should browse Staples next time I'm in town... as if I need an excuse :D

kalel32
01-31-2008, 06:44 PM
I like the chairs that I can nap in.

quickWit
01-31-2008, 06:49 PM
I always test chairs by how many full rotations I can get without my feet touching the floor after the initial push-off. My record is 5.

Aside from that, what kalel said. :D

jessicaorr
01-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Comfy chairs are nice for napping- but I can't write in one. I'm just to sleep deprived lately . I could easily fall asleep standing up, put me in a nice comfortable chair and I'm done for :/

sunna
01-31-2008, 06:58 PM
I test them by whether I can comfortably sit cross-legged in them while still using the armrests. Since I don't have a laptop, I want to at least have the illusion that I'm writing on a big fluffy couch.

I recommend something with cup holders and an eject button, in a nice burgundy polyester. :D