American Idol tryouts? Now that's scary!

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
I've been watching this show for years, but yes, those with or those without. They're both terrifying!

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I love the beginning shows, where they have all the terrible tryouts. It's just good humor. After that, I don't watch very much. The only season I managed to watch the whole thing was when Chris Daughtry was in it. Was that last season? Or two seasons ago?

There are some seriously scary people on there though. *shudders* And they gather them all in one place.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
*Attached to winged creature of the night and deposited in Office Party*

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I've been watching this show for years, but yes, those with or those without. They're both terrifying!
Those with or without what? A moustache, body piercing, mini-skirt, talent? What?

As usual, I'm missing something. But I do like to watch the early rounds of AI. It's just good clean fun.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Man, this thread is so scary I almost think it belongs in the horror forum.

:D

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Those with or without what? A moustache, body piercing, mini-skirt, talent? What?

As usual, I'm missing something. But I do like to watch the early rounds of AI. It's just good clean fun.

I meant talent, of course. lol My daughter is a nut over music. Since the beginning of the show, it's been one we could enjoy together, or on the phone afterward. In my opinion, it got a lot more interesting when they decided to give space to the piercings, mustaches and mini-skirts. Those are scary, yes, but not as much as the anger/hysteria of some of the contestants. You can tell with most of the stranger ones that it's just their ploy to get a moment on the screen. But then there are all those talentless wonders with all their tone-deaf relatives standing in the wings. And they pick on Simon for his honesty. Sometimes I find myself wondering if they frisk the contestants before letting them in. I mean, we have metal detectors at all the schools now, don't we? Yep, it's scary.

Hobbes

Sneaky. In a good way.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you Nancy. I've never watched it, never will. Never seen Survivor, Big Brother or any other so-called "reality" show. Bleh.

Give me a book!

myscribe

Who's the ninja now?!?
Registered
Reaction score
Corner of my mind (in a nice padded room)
While I love books, I also love me some reality TV!

As for idol, some people will do anything to be on TV - and sometimes they are SCARY (so scary that they are kinda funny as long as I never have to meet them and judge their singing abilities).