Column Writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rattus

Registered
Reaction score
As I'm completely new to this forum (and any forum for that matter), I hope I have posted this question under the correct heading.

I currently write a column for an online magazine, which I have done for over a year now. My question is: when applying for freelance work, is it best to say that I am currently writing a column, rather than I used to write one, or it just doesn't make the slightest difference? The only reason why I ask is that I am wondering if I should continue writing this column :Shrug:(and yes, it is non paying and I wonder at times if anybody reads it).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
Hi Debbie

I'm no freelancer, but I would think it would sound better if you said you were currently writing the column. I wouldn't give it up at this stage. Maybe people read it. You don't know. I'd say keep writing it until you get lots of freelance work, then drop it if you still want to.

Hope this helps.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
This seems a small thing to be worried about and not likely something that would make the difference between getting a job and not getting a job. The more important question is, "What works best for you?" Your first responsibility is to look after your own needs. Psychologically, physically, spiritually are you better off keeping the column or letting it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.