I got a request for a full!!

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a partial out to Jacky Sach of Bookends agency a few months ago and pretty much wrote her off, when I got an email apologizing for the delay and requesting the full Manuscript! Yipee!!

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: She read a partial for me, sent me a note apologizing for the length of time it took to get back to me, BUT :cry: unlike you, I received full rejection! Congrats! May the writing gods smile on you and send you a contract and at least a two book deal! Keeping my fingers crossed. Let me know how it goes!

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks AW I know she could still reject me- but this is my first request for a full so I am a little excited! I know it could be months until she gets back to me- I am trying to forget that part (yeah, right!):tongue

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks caro- Boy do I hope that as well!:e2tongue:( I'm playing with the smileys LOL)

SadieCass

Queen of Trauma Drama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorsarahcass.com
Congrats!! I would have loved to have had the opportunity for Bookends...but I shot myself in the foot there (already queried them with my too-high word count...now I must wait to query again :()!! Best of luck!!

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
She's awful nice to be apologizing over a two-month wait. Sounds professional and damned polite to boot. Congrats!

Pike
Well, actually it was 16 weeks. Their website says a 10-12 week return on partials and fulls, the last half of that time period for me was over the holidays- hence the apology. But I agree, it was not needed and she was very polite.

Thanks! I am only 3 weeks out on the full, so I have a ways to go yet before I start to get antsy! Trying to keep a postive attitude here!

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thank you all so much!! This place is sooo encouraging - you guys are the best!:Sun:

sheadakota

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the full! I would kill to have any agent at BookEnds.
I Know! I was amazed when she replied to my query in less then 24 hours asking for a partial- then the looonngggg wait for a reply- now here I am waiting once more- sigh- but an excited sigh!

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations and will keep fingers crossed for you!

juneafternoon

Return of the Jedi
Registered
Reaction score
Lemme just say congratulations as well!! Do keep us all posted!