In honor of my return (again), let's get in a group and do it!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:e2grouphu *squeeze* *pinch* Oops! Can't help it. :D You guys are so cute and dorky.

I've been banqueting and cleaning rooms (week before). I hate cleaning rooms! I just did the annual Safari Club International doo-hicky, thing-a-ma'bob. I put in 56 hours, yes I said 56 hours in 4 days, that's right, 4 days. I needed two days to be able to learn to walk and talk again. But I couldn't wait to get into here and say hi.

:hi: I miss you guys terribly! I'm lost without you's.

For those of you who don't know what SCI is, it's a club of hunters. To each his or her own. IMHO, I was tired of seeing open magazines with dead, beautiful animals pasted all over the pages and women adorned in fur from large cats. I brushed by dead animal furs all night trying to get to tables. I turned some of the coats in side out and rehung them on chairs telling women that I didn't want to spill on the coats. When I accidentally touched a fur I would cringe. But still, to each his own. If they have no problem killing an animal and hanging their head on the wall and sporting their fur on a floor for status, then whatever.

Dana Carvey was there the first night, then The Oakridge Boys, then The Beach Boys (all of them sporting Depends) and another blue collar comedian that I can't recall his name. The end of the night held expensive auctions. A pair of rifles sold for 71,000, another gun sold for 221,000 and a number of hunting vacations around the world ranging from 15,000 to 200,000 sold those nights.

Most of the people were nice and grateful, but some thought they had too much clout to wait for their dinner to be served in a room of 3,000 people. I happen to have both of them in my section. Oh, well, I still treated them as best as possible and tried to make them as welcome as possible.

I had a great time. The moment I got to walk... limp out of the ball room after 56 hours of service, I was glad it was over.

Now you guys are stuck with me for the rest of the week! Aren't you glad?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, she's BACK!

I wondered where you were, while I was sitting here wrapped up all nice and warm in my blankie... mmm. (Everyone should have one of these things, you know.)

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
what.
a.
dork.
:D

eta: hello werri - work hard, play hard. good to see you

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Soak those toesies!

Congrats on surviving it.

Dana Carvey at a Hunter's Convention... weird.

I could tell he could have been really offensive to them but held back. He sort of made fun of them with the white tailed deers but not enough if you ask me.

I got to see Dana back stage. Not so funny when he's "off." :D

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, she's BACK!

I wondered where you were, while I was sitting here wrapped up all nice and warm in my blankie... mmm. (Everyone should have one of these things, you know.)

Hey! I was all wrapped up in mine too.

I'm dieing to make another blanket. I love making those.

Good to talk to you!

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Better you than me, girlfriend!

I loathe the every-day hunting types, big game rich-boys and me would have it out.

"Hey, I'm so bored and rich, I'm going to amuse myself by hunting nearly extinct animals!"

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Better you than me, girlfriend!

I loathe the every-day hunting types, big game rich-boys and me would have it out.

"Hey, I'm so bored and rich, I'm going to amuse myself by hunting nearly extinct animals!"

I don't know how a "big man" shoots an elephant and feels like a man anymore.

Yannow?

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, yes Werri... 56 hours sounds very tough and so forth. Now dash off and get us all cups of coffee etc, there's a darling. Standard stuff when returning to group you know. :D

I can feel a very painful dorking coming my way.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to see you kid. :)

You know you should be writing about this stuff, right?

I have a hard time picturing Dana Carvey with a moose/buck/large animal slung over his neck. But then again . . .

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, yes Werri... 56 hours sounds very tough and so forth. Now dash off and get us all cups of coffee etc, there's a darling. Standard stuff when returning to group you know. :D

I can feel a very painful dorking coming my way.

Welcome back, Terri. Glad you survived. Now where's my dinner?

Elk brain sandwiches! Eat it or die a painful death!

Dorks.