• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

MidAmerica Publishing Co. / Scott Dee Media

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
http://www.mapubco.com/mapubco/index.php

"The National Leader in Self-Publishing Children's Books, Picture Books, and Chapter Books.

-----------

I had a chance today to look at one of their books (local author; book on display at the local office supply store).

The front matter was completely screwed up. There's a standard place for the copyright page to be, and they missed. Typography was simple, and poor. It had the unmistakable look of POD to it. The covers on the display copy were already starting to curl.

Their webpage is rife with 404 errors, and their certificate hasn't been updated.

They have spelling errors right on their webpage. For example:

spacer.gif

We work with the best professional illustrartors in the country.

That doesn't fill me with hope.

Please, folks, have some pride.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Just a note for the search engines: MidAmerica Publishing Company, Scott Dee Media, and The Picturebook Fine Art Company are divisions of Scott Dee Company, LLC, aka Scott Dee Industries, LLC.

paulenehinds

Mid America Publishing

Hello,

This company are scam artists. Scott Damshroder the sole propreitor stole my money and my dreams. Last October 2007 I sent him 4,290.00 US to complete my children's book. After months of being strung along I emailed him and he told me that he was closed and along with that he would...if I wanted him to, personally complete my book. I would however lose the money for the 100 pre-ordered books and would be linked up with baker and taylor after to have them printed....of course I would have to pay for that on top of the rest of them noney I lost. He is still stringing me and many others along in the hopes that we will tell him to forget it. It is written in our contracts that if WE stop the process at any time after the book has been started on we will not get any money back!

He claims to be an LLC, but he is a sole proprietor and my family has decided to go after the rotten scoundrel and nail him to the wall if he doesn't give us our money back.

He has been charged two times for internet fraud and we will be the third. He is a very uncaring cruel man that has stolen our dreams of having a children's book published.

He was once known as Scott Dee Book Packaging and then changed the name to Mid America Publishing! His wife Tammy and his daughter Nicole are also in on the internet fraud. They are part of this company too, so If you see a rise in the future of a publishing company with their names on it...steer clear!

He will try and go back into the fruad business we are sure of it and if anyone else has been screwed by him please feel free to contact me...we may have a class action suit against him if we all band together!

The authorities have been contacted and we are now gathering information. He will have one week to pay us or else we will fly to 7711 O'Connor Drive in Round Rock Texas to deal with him on his own grounds!

Steer clear of anything that is in relation to Mid America Publishing or the name Scott Damschroder Georgetown Texas!

paulenehinds

http://www.mapubco.com/mapubco/index.php

"The National Leader in Self-Publishing Children's Books, Picture Books, and Chapter Books.

-----------

I had a chance today to look at one of their books (local author; book on display at the local office supply store).

The front matter was completely screwed up. There's a standard place for the copyright page to be, and they missed. Typography was simple, and poor. It had the unmistakable look of POD to it. The covers on the display copy were already starting to curl.

Their webpage is rife with 404 errors, and their certificate hasn't been updated.

They have spelling errors right on their webpage. For example:

spacer.gif

That doesn't fill me with hope.

Please, folks, have some pride.

This company is apparently closed...with mine and many others money! SCAM ARTISTS!

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Aaaand that one's gone too. Yay.