Can you get....

Nicole_Gestalt

Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolegestalt.blogspot.com
mentholated throat sweets in America? Here in the UK. we have various makers including Strepsals and Lockets. I'm writing a story involving some but I need to know what's available in America.

Hoping somone can help :)

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
We call them sore throat lozenges or cough drops. There's a list of popular brands here.

Edit: some of the bands on the list are from the U.K. Popular U.S. brands include Cepacol, Chloraseptic, Halls, Ricola, Luden's, Sucrets, Smith Brothers.

Last edited:

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
Luden's cherry cough drops! They were 10 cents a box when I was a kid, which was cheaper than the other candy so we bought them instead.

Speaking of which, a coworker who's married to a man from Mexico and spends a lot of time there said that in Mexico, a lot of people eat Halls cough drops like candy. She said her son had a cold recently and when she gave him a Halls cough drop, he said, "How's that candy going to help me?"

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Luden's cherry cough drops! They were 10 cents a box when I was a kid, which was cheaper than the other candy so we bought them instead.

Same here! I loved Luden's cherry cough drops and I remember when they were cheaper than candy. I still love them. I'm not sure they do a darn thing for the sore throat, other than lube it up with sweetness, but they are good.