Best Agent for My Project

DevilsDaughter

I'm new to this board, this is my first post. :crazy:
I'm looking for an agent that knows something about the motorcycle industry... any suggestions? I think it's neccessary for my project.
I have a proposal w/ an aquisitions editor, who is interested in my book, but it seems as though other projects are taking prescidence (sp??)... I keep getting bumped. I know the process takes a while, but I'm thinking that an agent may be the way to go.
I appriciate any suggestions. THANKS!
P.S. My book is primarily photos + commentary from motorcycle industry innovators...:)

Last edited:

Eussie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.unendinglove.com
I couldn't find any agents specifically stating an interest in motorcycles.

As this is a niche market, you might be better off submitting directly to book publishers (as long as your current editor is ok with this).

Cheers,
Eussie

SFEley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.invisiblejames.com
DevilsDaughter said:
I'm new to this board, this is my first post. :crazy:
I'm looking for an agent that knows something about the motorcycle industry... any suggestions? I think it's neccessary for my project.
I don't think you need an agent with knowledge of the motorcycle industry. You need an agent with knowledge of the publishing industry. Obviously you'll want an agent who's interested in your writing, but the agent doesn't need to know your subject in detail to know who's looking to buy books on that subject, or even to help you with basic editing and career advice.

DevilsDaughter

Thanks for your suggestions

After sending queries to 5 different agents, 2 responded favorably. Plus I got a call from an attorney of a biker legend who's also offered his services. Now I just gotta figure out the best way to go :Clap: ...

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
DevilsDaughter said:
After sending queries to 5 different agents, 2 responded favorably. Plus I got a call from an attorney of a biker legend who's also offered his services. Now I just gotta figure out the best way to go :Clap: ...

Unless that lawyer actually knows about publishing, I wouldn't recommend doing that. Publishing contracts/law is kind of a specialty field.

Susan G.

DevilsDaughter

Thanks

He has successfully represented a few authors, with the publisher that is reviewing my proposal, as a matter of fact. I'll talk to him next week and see if we're a match for each other...