http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2008/01/24/attention-to-word-meaning

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
How do you find these things? That's fantastic. Pretzyling my brain around that lunacy is almost physically painful. I won't do it. You can't make me.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Guess it was T. rex's apple. Made him a nasty carnivore. It was nice of A and E to step aside for about 70 million years to let all that meanness play its way through to modern humans. Suppose they argued the whole time? Did not. Did too. Did not. Did too. Did not. Did, too. Guess who's sleeping out in the bog tonight?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
you shouldn't be ashamed of your faith because of others' interpretation of it.

in my view, if one does believe in god (i'm not one of them), faith and science aren't incompatible.

no one can prove that god set the universe and even evolution in motion, but then no one can prove that he didn't. so as long as one is comfortable with a belief system that weaves together the measurable and the immeasurable, no harm is done.

anyone who believes what is presented is the cartoon, however, is just plain silly.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
religion is one of the two things I shouldn't speak opening about. it gets me into trouble.

Last edited:

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, so if I get this right, dinosaurs became mean because of man's sinful ways.

Uh, didn't they precede us by 100 plus million years or so?

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
With envangelical zeal, he immediately put to use his artistic skills in embracing his new faith. Unfortunately the bum acid trip that had inspired his conversion had not yet ended.

I actually have my own kind of faith, but not one that extends to this crap.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
You can't argue with real history, it's documented fact.

...Does anyone else find the sensual-lipped young lady in the cartoon oddly attractive, or is it just me?

-Derek

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so if I get this right, dinosaurs became mean because of man's sinful ways.

Uh, didn't they precede us by 100 plus million years or so?

no.

they were here 5,000 years ago side by side the sumerians.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. That comic raises more questions than it answers. (Great link, though.)

-Is being a carnivore morally wrong? (Is the author of this comic saying that T Rex was originally an herbivore? or maybe just a 'nice' carnivore?)

I suspect what the comic was trying to say was that after the Fall, some of the animal kingdom became a personal threat to man, whereas earlier it was not. That, I think, is supportable in scripture (eg. the serpent in the Garden).

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. That comic raises more questions than it answers. (Great link, though.)

-Is being a carnivore morally wrong? (Is the author of this comic saying that T Rex was originally an herbivore? or maybe just a 'nice' carnivore?)

I suspect what the comic was trying to say was that after the Fall, some of the animal kingdom became a personal threat to man, whereas earlier it was not. That, I think, is supportable in scripture (eg. the serpent in the Garden).
Sorry, but this is so anthropocentric, it is laughable. Carnivory is a way of life for the species that top just about every food chain or food web. Humans are omnivorous, which means carnivory is part of the way we obtain nourishment. Morally wrong? Please. The comic is a classic example of people who can find their butts with both hands when it comes to science, trying to scientificize* scriptures. It just doesn't work. Science and religion are two different creatures. They do not belong in the same room. Each is of value to humans, but in totally different ways, and there is no logical reason to try to blend them into one. It just reflects insecurity on the part of those who are trying to do the blending. Why can't people realize that?

*Their attempts are just as laughable as this made-up word.

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, but this is so anthropocentric, it is laughable. Carnivory is a way of life for the species that top just about every food chain or food web. Humans are omnivorous, which means carnivory is part of the way we obtain nourishment. Morally wrong? Please. The comic is a classic example of people who can find their butts with both hands when it comes to science, trying to scientificize* scriptures. It just doesn't work. Science and religion are two different creatures. They do not belong in the same room. Each is of value to humans, but in totally different ways, and there is no logical reason to try to blend them into one. It just reflects insecurity on the part of those who are trying to do the blending. Why can't people realize that?

*Their attempts are just as laughable as this made-up word.

NF, you missed my point. I'm agreeing that there's nothing morally wrong about being carnivorous. It seems that in the Garden, man and beast* were originally herbivores (Gen. 1:29):

29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

The first account in Genesis of death is when God clothed Adam and Eve in animal skins. Obviously that doesn't prove that they became instant carnivores, but by the account of Noah, it's obvious they were. But the eating of animals wasn't morally wrong. It was just a result of the advent of death into the world. If it were morally wrong, God would not have instructed man to eat them. The account in Genesis 9:1-3:

1 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

(*But was T-Rex in the garden? ;))

Last edited:

davids

Banned
Reaction score
NF, you missed my point. I'm agreeing that there's nothing morally wrong about being carnivorous. It seems that in the Garden, man and beast were originally herbivores (Gen. 1:29):

29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

The first account in Genesis of death is when God clothed Adam and Eve in animal skins. Obviously that doesn't prove that they became instant carnivores, but by the account of Noah, it's obvious they were. But the eating of animals wasn't morally wrong. It was just a result of the advent of death into the world. If it were morally wrong, God would not have instructed man to eat them. The account in Genesis 9:1-3:

1 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

YAH BUT IF HE CLOTHED THEM IN ANIMAL SKINS WHO KILLED THE ANIMALS? OR DID ADAM OR EVE CAUSE NOW THEY WERE FILLED WITH SIN? I SUPPOSE IT IS RIGHT AND JUST TO SLAUGHTER THE INNOCENT ANIMALS CAUSE A WHAT ADAM AND EVE KINDA MESSED UP RIGHT? I MEAN I AM THIS COW JUST WANDERIN AROUND AND MINDIN MY OWN BUSINESS AND GOD OR ADAM OR EVE COMES UP TO ME-I AM ALL INNOCENT SO I JUST STAND THERE AND SAY HI WHAT'S UP KIDDO? THEN THEY CLUB ME OVER THE HAYD AND RIP OFF MY SKIN AND SAY THERE COW WE NEED YOUR SKIN CAUSE ADAM AND EVE MESSED UP-OR SORRY COW EVE MESSED ME UP-OR SORRY COW THAT ADAM MESSED THINGS UP CAUSE HE ACTUALLY LISTENED TO ME-SO AS USUAL IN THESE RATHER STRESSFUL SITUATIONS THE INNOCENT JUST GET THEIR SKINS RIPPED OFF.

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
YAH BUT IF HE CLOTHED THEM IN ANIMAL SKINS WHO KILLED THE ANIMALS? OR DID ADAM OR EVE CAUSE NOW THEY WERE FILLED WITH SIN? I SUPPOSE IT IS RIGHT AND JUST TO SLAUGHTER THE INNOCENT ANIMALS CAUSE A WHAT ADAM AND EVE KINDA MESSED UP RIGHT? I MEAN I AM THIS COW JUST WANDERIN AROUND AND MINDIN MY OWN BUSINESS AND GOD OR ADAM OR EVE COMES UP TO ME-I AM ALL INNOCENT SO I JUST STAND THERE AND SAY HI WHAT'S UP KIDDO? THEN THEY CLUB ME OVER THE HAYD AND RIP OFF MY SKIN AND SAY THERE COW WE NEED YOUR SKIN CAUSE ADAM AND EVE MESSED UP-OR SORRY COW EVE MESSED ME UP-OR SORRY COW THAT ADAM MESSED THINGS UP CAUSE HE ACTUALLY LISTENED TO ME-SO AS USUAL IN THESE RATHER STRESSFUL SITUATIONS THE INNOCENT JUST GET THEIR SKINS RIPPED OFF.

I couldn't tell you for sure who killed them. We're not really told, though it might be surmised that God did. Adam and Eve had immediately felt the need for some 'covering' from the eyes of God--they'd made clothing for themselves out of fig leaves.

And yes, this was the first evidence of an 'innocent' being slaughtered to cover the sin of man. I wonder if this was also when animal sacrifice began.

Last edited: