Want to Host a Blog Tour?

AllieB

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.allieboniface.com
Hi everyone...

A blogging friend of mine, a first-time author, is looking to do a blog tour next month to promote the release of her first novel with Samhain Publishing. She's looking for people who are interested in having her on their blog for a day - and she has more info about it here:

www.reading-writing.blogspot.com

In case you're interested...

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
I checked out the blog, but there's no mention on it of a book being released on her main page. If there's a permalink to a specific post about the book or about the blog tour, it would be better to post that here.

AllieB

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.allieboniface.com
Actually, she did blog about it in yesterday's post - you may have missed it. I will post the specific link here later (can't get to it from work...).

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Since you mentioned it, I check out her blog again. It's a picture of her cover.

I'm sorry, but as it stands now, I'm not interested. Other than a picture of a cover, I found nothing about her novel (and don't tell me to search - I shouldn't have to). No mention of the blog tour that she wants, no mention of when it comes out, no blurb about the novel or a mention of the genre or who the publisher is. From where I'm standing, if she wants a blog tour, she's got to do a bit more than post a cover of the novel on her blog amongst posts about where in Asia to visit and pictures of her dog and what her favourite colour says about her. She's got to start doing some publicity herself on her own site or her own blog, and I'm not seeing that. From what I see on her blog, I see no signs that she herself is serious about promoting her own book, so why should I or anyone else be?

AllieB

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.allieboniface.com
LM, your first three sentences certainly would have sufficed.

For anyone else who is interested, this author mentions her upcoming blog tour on this post:

http://reading-writing.blogspot.com/2008/01/lazy-days.html

She says, in part, "I had seven offers of blog tour posts for my tour -- that leaves a lot of openings! Can anyone help? Know anyone who might want to host me? I'll be publicizing it here on this blog, as well as in the interview at LASR that kicks stuff off. And, I plan on having a giveaway that will require blog comments, so it will most likely drive more traffic to your blog, and help you with YOUR exposure as well. :)"

Again, no real need to respond here. If you're interested, you can let her know. If not, then that's fine too.