PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Thirteen

escritora
01-27-2008, 02:23 AM
Next week I will start participating in Thursday Thirteen (http://thursdaythirteen.com/). Does anyone on AW participate? If so, let me know so that we can visit each other's blogs on Thursdays.

Thanks.

Arisa81
01-27-2008, 09:14 AM
I have seen the blog of someone who does participate, but for the life of me I canot recall who and if this person even belongs to AW.
Maybe try googling it and see if you come up with anyone's blog. I am sure you will.
Good luck! The idea seems very interesting actually. I hope you enjoy doing it.

escritora
01-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks, Arisa81. This weekend the forum is slow so I'm hoping that some members will answer my call. :-)

It's a lot easier this way than to go through the hundreds of Thursday Thirteen participants to find related sites. But if I must do that, I will. I'm just looking for the easy way out. :-)

Polenth
01-27-2008, 05:10 PM
That's a lot of interesting things to come up with every week. I'd be on to the colour of my toothbrush in no time. I wonder how long most people keep it up before giving up.

WestofMars
01-27-2008, 05:39 PM
I've been thirteening for over a year now. I love it; it's always fun. It's a HUGE time-suck, though, because it's bad mojo to not go visit folk -- especially those who visit you.

escritora
01-27-2008, 06:49 PM
i'll be sure to visit your blog on thursday. :-)

WestofMars
01-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks! I try my best to return ALL visits, not just on Thursdays.

Be sure to sign Mr. Linky, too. Linkies are the greatest widget since.. well, they were invented. They make it really easy to return visits 'cause your link is right there and handy.

escritora
01-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Polenth,

I can see your point. I'll be keeping my list geared towards writing. Hopefully I can keep it up.

WestofMars, I'll try to install Mr. Linky. For some reason it takes me hours to install widgets. :-)

WestofMars
01-27-2008, 08:38 PM
I made the Tour Manager do it, but I understand Linky can be higher on the difficult side.

If you don't get it installed, don't sweat it; you'll still be a good Thirteener. Just be sure to both sign it AND leave comments on the blogs you visit!

escritora
01-31-2008, 10:02 PM
today is my first Thursday Thirteen post - 13 Facts and Thoughts on Catcher in the Rye (http://www.auriacortes.com).

WestofMars
01-31-2008, 11:18 PM
Cool topic! My book club read it last month -- now, you need to understand that my book club is me and ten women who have kids my age. For many, it was a re-read, to see how age and experience affected the way we view it.

It was a cool discussion.