PDA

View Full Version : Book burning party...

KTC
01-25-2008, 02:40 AM
Come to my bonfire...I'll supply the marshmellows!

Devil Ledbetter
01-25-2008, 02:47 AM
Marshmellows? Is that some new kind of aphrodisiac? :D

I'm there. And Ray better bring his 50-pound bag of Macadamia nuts.

nerds
01-25-2008, 02:49 AM
Oh noes. Please tell me you're not talking about one of your own projects. If so, I shall not help you burn.

CaroGirl
01-25-2008, 02:51 AM
I don't burn books, but I've been known to scorch a S'more or two in my time. It's awfully nippy outside, though, dontcha think?

Devil Ledbetter
01-25-2008, 02:52 AM
I don't burn books, but I've been known to scorch a S'more or two in my time. It's awfully nippy outside, though, dontcha think?It's 6 degrees here. We could use a bonfire. But why burn Kevin's book when we could burn ... I dunno ... maybe rejection letters?

Project nachonaco
01-25-2008, 02:55 AM
When one person burns a book, a fire is lit in the minds of thousands of other authors.

(Jeez. Can I get some sort of 'cheesiest post' award?)

Devil Ledbetter
01-25-2008, 02:56 AM
I don't burn books, but I've been known to scorch a S'more or two in my time. It's awfully nippy outside, though, dontcha think?I've always found S'mores better in theory than in practice.

Soccer Mom
01-25-2008, 03:33 AM
When one person burns a book, a fire is lit in the minds of thousands of other authors.

(Jeez. Can I get some sort of 'cheesiest post' award?)

Oh hai. U iz welcum.

http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/1/24/imadeduchee128456912589062500.jpg

Project nachonaco
01-25-2008, 03:36 AM
Thxbai.

Shadow_Ferret
01-25-2008, 03:40 AM
What books and why?

Matera the Mad
01-25-2008, 05:59 AM
Any books, if I had something safe to burn them in. It's too fscking cold to move and I can't afford to get the thermostat off rock bottom. Hm...what to start with...lots of books here...

KTC
01-25-2008, 06:00 AM
I don't like mallow, David. I believe I covered that in another thread recently. For a stalker, you're not very good. Marshmellows are my version of the same...without the mallow. I enjoy a good high at a book burning. Get festive, David. Join the nasty party.

brokenfingers
01-25-2008, 06:05 AM
Since you're the one burning the books K, I assume there will be poetry thrown in also? Or will that just be the kindling?

brokenfingers
01-25-2008, 06:07 AM
ETA: I just saw the rejection thread.

I recommend putting a COPY of the manuscript on the fire, placing your face on there and then getting back the fuck up and writing like your face was on fire.

Then re-submit.

KTC
01-25-2008, 06:08 AM
I don't burn poetry. It's too hazy. Poetry fire is too much like the technocolour dreamcoat. I choke on the fumes. It's either marshmellows or poetry. Tonight...I need the marshmellows.

KTC
01-25-2008, 06:09 AM
oh. I'm beginning to like the sounds of that. I should write like my face is on fire more often. That used to pay off for me. No worries...I have tons of ideas. Waiting to use them was killing me. Now, I need not wait.

Devil Ledbetter
01-25-2008, 06:23 AM
For a stalker, you're not very good. :cry:

I'm looking over a five-leaf clover that I've overlooked before. I'll bring my blowtorch. That'll get the fire started right quick.

DL,
Metaphorical crybaby boy stalker

KTC
01-25-2008, 06:30 AM
:cry:

I'm looking over a five-leaf clover that I've overlooked before. I'll bring my blowtorch. That'll get the fire started right quick.

DL,
Metaphorical crybaby boy stalker

Hey...Meta boy. I like that.

That reminds me of the time I answered the door with a blowtorch in my hand...only to find it was the police asking me to turn down the Bowie. They had no taste in my old neighbourhood. I kept the blowtorch behind my back and prayed.

Devil Ledbetter
01-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Hey...Meta boy. I like that.

That reminds me of the time I answered the door with a blowtorch in my hand...only to find it was the police asking me to turn down the Bowie. They had no taste in my old neighbourhood. I kept the blowtorch behind my back and prayed."Turn down" and "Bowie" should never be used in the same sentence. It's sacrilege.

CaroGirl
01-25-2008, 07:12 AM
I've always found S'mores better in theory than in practice.
Theoretical s'mores do NOT have enough chocolate.

KTC
01-25-2008, 07:16 AM
"Turn down" and "Bowie" should never be used in the same sentence. It's sacrilege.

Please. I know that. But blowtorches and police should also not be used in the same language. I was willing to let them win that one confrontation. Besides, the back porch had just fallen into the pool...so it was already turning out to be quite an amusing day.

DamaNegra
01-25-2008, 07:16 AM
I once set a book on a fire. It was fun :)

Devil Ledbetter
01-25-2008, 07:17 AM
Theoretical s'mores do NOT have enough chocolate.No, no. That's just the thing. Theoretical s'mores have enough chocolate, and it's melted with the marshmellows and the graham crackers hold it all together. But in practice, the marshmellows are never hot enough to melt the chocolate, so it stays all cold and hard and when you bit in, the graham crackers disintegrate and you're stuck with cold chocolate and sticky fingers.

KTC
01-25-2008, 07:19 AM
you're stuck with sticky fingers.

That was a really good album.

melaniehoo
01-25-2008, 07:20 AM
I once set a book on a fire. It was fun :)

Me too. I think it was a Chemistry textbook.

CaroGirl
01-25-2008, 07:22 AM
No, no. That's just the thing. Theoretical s'mores have enough chocolate, and it's melted with the marshmellows and the graham crackers hold it all together. But in practice, the marshmellows are never hot enough to melt the chocolate, so it stays all cold and hard and when you bit in, the graham crackers disintegrate and you're stuck with cold chocolate and sticky fingers.
I hate to tell you this, but you're overthinking things. Just a little.

Marshmallows have no redeeming qualities in and of themselves. I just wanted to point that out also.

Haggis
01-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Don't. You. Dare.

Rewrite. Resubmit. You know the routine. Rejection is nothing more than a battle scar of honor.

KTC
01-25-2008, 07:25 AM
I hate to tell you this, but you're overthinking things. Just a little.

Marshmallows have no redeeming qualities in and of themselves. I just wanted to point that out also.

Um. It's marshMELLOWS here.

KTC
01-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Don't. You. Dare.

Rewrite. Resubmit. You know the routine. Rejection is nothing more than a battle scar of honor.

LOL. What does this mean? I must rewrite. I was given a great opportunity...but the piece was way under word limit. Way under.

Magdalen
01-25-2008, 07:26 AM
No, no. That's just the thing. Theoretical s'mores have enough chocolate, and it's melted with the marshmellows and the graham crackers hold it all together. But in practice, the marshmellows are never hot enough to melt the chocolate, so it stays all cold and hard and when you bit in, the graham crackers disintegrate and you're stuck with cold chocolate and sticky fingers.

You're doing it wrong, then. My s'mores always satisfy. You must S-L-O-W-L-Y toast the marshm_llows (note: 2 is better than one - more heat)until they are they color of the graham cracker. The chocolate cannot be thicker than 1/8 of an inch.

But then, you've never struck me as a Happy Camper, so I can see why, in practice, you might be unsuccessful at s'mores making. No insult intended. I wouldn't expect the Devil Ledbetter to master such mundane amusements.

CaroGirl
01-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Um. It's marshMELLOWS here.
I have a belly full of sushi, sapporo beer and Toblerone dark chocolate. Dude, I'm mellow enough right now without taking the marshes down with me.

Magdalen
01-25-2008, 07:28 AM
I burned my diary.

CaroGirl
01-25-2008, 07:29 AM
I burned my diary.
My friend burned her bra.

melaniehoo
01-25-2008, 07:30 AM
My friend burned her bra.

'Friend'? ;)

Devil Ledbetter
01-25-2008, 07:31 AM
You're doing it wrong, then. My s'mores always satisfy. You must S-L-O-W-L-Y toast the marshm_llows (note: 2 is better than one - more heat)until they are they color of the graham cracker. The chocolate cannot be thicker than 1/8 of an inch.

But then, you've never struck me as a Happy Camper, so I can see why, in practice, you might be unsuccessful at s'mores making. No insult intended. I wouldn't expect the Devil Ledbetter to master such mundane amusements.It's an art to be condescending about the making of s'mores, no? I am a happy camper, so long as I am camping in where there is a concierge.

CaroGirl
01-25-2008, 07:32 AM
'Friend'? ;)
Yeah, friend. You calling me a liar?

Frankly, burning my bra wouldn't melt a small snow cone. So, there you go.

Devil Ledbetter
01-25-2008, 07:34 AM

Frankly, burning my bra wouldn't melt a small snow cone. So, there you go.But it might melt the 1/8" thick chocolate on Magdalen's s'more.

melaniehoo
01-25-2008, 07:34 AM

Frankly, burning my bra wouldn't melt a small snow cone. So, there you go.

Me neither. Perhaps we should give them to Kevin for his trip to hell? Or am I crossing threads. Oops, sorry.

KTC
01-25-2008, 07:44 AM
I don't want to subject my nipples to a burning bra, thanks. Who wears a bra on fire? That's just stupid.

JLCwrites
01-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Don't burn the book!
It would be much better to just tear each page and let it float down the river, then forget about the s'mores and have a trifle! After that, go back to the ms that is saved in your computer and face it with a cleansed soul and a full belly.

:Hug2:

KTC
01-25-2008, 03:10 PM
You had me at trifle.

Unique
01-25-2008, 03:41 PM
You sack my libraries again, Alexandder,

I'm coming after you.

--Helen

;)hey, KTC. I have a book for you. paintings. pretty ones.

JoeEkaitis
01-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Throw mine on the fire. The ALA says it's OK if libraries ban it, so you don't have to worry about getting any grief from them.

Stew21
01-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Just make the fire big enough so my face catches fire too. I haven't written like my face is on fire for quite some time.

It's been too long.