Erotic Poetry

Rainy Day Woman

I'm new to the water cooler, so I'm still milling through the threads, but I was wondering if anyone out there is writing erotic poetry? I've been writing poetry for a while, but lately it just seems to be getting sexier and kinkier all the time. I write prose too, but it's never been particularly sexual. And if you do write erotic poetry, is there an outlet? :Huh:

Or does one just put it in the sex-drawer with all the other interesting gadgets? ;)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
There are erotic markets that taake poetry and it would probably be worth putting together a set of 4-6 and submitting. They aren't an easy sell, in my experience and only a few places are paying markets.

nolabohemian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cbcalsing.blogspot.com
One place...

As I think I mentioned on a previous post, I have a erotic poem coming out in the May edition of Cuthulu Sex, but that is a total niche (has to be based on HP Lovecraft AND be erotic). They only pay in copies, but its still a sweet venue, since they have national distribution now.

hapsburg

Registered
Reaction score
Yep

My poetry has become increasingly saucy as well. I find it an easier sell, personally, it's just that you have limited markets. Cthulhu doesn't have to be lovecraft based, it just has to be dark. I've had work accepted and never read lovecraft myself. Justus Roux pays ten bucks a poem for her site, and occassionally has anthologies that accept erotic poetry for 10$ plus a copy. Abby's realm (masc productions) doesn't state guidlines on their site but for those in the know you can send poems by email. they pay 10$ a piece to use in their members only section. Blue food doesn't pay but can get you some exposure on their website. For other venues this site is a must bookmark http://www.erotica-readers.com/ERA/G/G-Main.htm Hope that helps...