It's in my hands...arrived today!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I mentioned earlier that I finished editing a rather large fantasy novel for another writer. UPS just dropped off a copy to me. The novel has been published, through an organization, for the writer. I spent months on this puppy. I put my own novel aside to reach the deadline for this one. Today I have an overwhelming sense of accomplishment for all the hard work I put into this book. 536 pages! (And that's the edited down size.) The reward is knowing that somewhere out there, the author is also holding his copy today! For him, it was a long battle. For me, it was a wonderful experience I am thankful and thrilled to have been a part of.

http://www.thesudburystar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=854428&auth=Laura+Stradiotto

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
You did a great and amazing thing. Congratulations on your success, to both of you.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome, Kevin! I know you worked really hard on editing that book for him!
Great news article about it too!

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Kevin, I think it's a great thing that you did by helping someone else discover their dream. Your kindness will come back to you three fold. I have a best friend who's one of my betas and I sometimes think her excitement is greater than mine when I finish something and pass it on to her to help edit. I cherish her friendship and have always felt, if I every publish anything I will be sure to give her the full credit she deserves. Give yourself a pat on the back and congratulations on you and your friends accomplishment. Way to go!

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Thank you all. You're very kind.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's something about having the physical object, though, that gives a greater sense of accomplishment than you had before, right? The sheer weight and mass of this one especially!

Maryn, shaking your hand vigorously, then going for the hug

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Yes, Maryn, yes! It's real now. The weight is real. I am so proud of Brendan. I could never have accomplished something like this at his age! Never!

I would be remiss if I didn't thank AW and Jenna for giving me the opportunity to do this. Jenna posted Brendan's request for an editor here at AW. Thank you for giving me this gift.

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Kevin, and to Brendan! What a wonderful feeling you must have for helping another writer achieve their goal.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Thank you all for the kind words.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Wonderful, cool as it gets! Very glad for both you and the author.

:Sun:

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Thanks guys...it turns out it was a great day to receive Brendan's book. The right day to receive it. Thank you.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!

Editing someone else is harder than writing yourself. My parner and I translated Hebrew to Eng. and the books we've done we have to laugh at because otherwise we'd do all sorts of non-productive things in frustration.

justme

Well butter my biscuit!
Registered
Reaction score
That is wonderful! Congratulations to both of you.

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score
Tremendous story, Kevin. Shared this story with my whole family. Just awesome.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Kudos to you Kevin..........and it seems to me that....that must be a very demanding job......taking someone else's writing......making it better.........and then they get most all the credit........I for one, don;t know how you do it...........i think it's hard enough changing/editing my own words, much less someone elses vision....and stay true to it..........very impressive I say........