jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Hey all:

I'm looking to try and get a few folks together who might live in the greater Atlanta and middle Georgia areas. However, for those who want to make the drive, the greater southeast, too. This thread is about gauging interest. I can work the logistics once I have an idea of interest.

If you're in that geographical area, poke me here and we'll get the ball rolling. Poke others who might fall into this category, too.

jt

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Are you gonna throw a party? After seeing your vid of the Nerds show, I wanna come! I can poke Ben Bradley, too. He's in my local group, way, way up here by Lake Lanier.

Oh, and RumpleTumbler! If he's still talking to me...:D

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I just got poked...

I know just where you live (having seen that big Road Trip map) - I lived in the area about four or five years ago when all the local signs said "Go Diana!" There was supposedly some girl from Shiloh singing on TV??? <g>

I'm now a good 80 miles north (that's even north of Siddow!), but I'm up for an Atlanta-area or north Georgia get-together. I'll even go to Chattanooga (it's about as close as Atlanta is for me!), if there's any AW'ers left in Tennessee...

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
where are you ben??
I'm the same, 60 miles from atlanta, 60 from chattanooga.
I'm up in Rome, so count me in whereever and whatever

tina

AncientEagle

Old kid, no need to be gentle.
Registered
Reaction score
Other responsibilities prevent my attending, but I'm glad to see I have so many fellow Georgians on AW who're ready for a party.

I live in Columbus.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
where are you ben??
I'm the same, 60 miles from atlanta, 60 from chattanooga.
I'm up in Rome, so count me in whereever and whatever

tina
I'm 40 miles away, on the other side of I75 from you, in Jasper ("First Mountain City"). I went to Darlington School 30+ years ago...

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Most cool Susan and Ben, I am in Jasper from time to time actually.

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
This is starting to shape up into a little shindig. :) And of course, even if you're not from these parts, you're certainly invited. :)

How's everybody schedule look for, say, October? Kids in school. Maybe a Saturday meet somewhere. We could do a couple of writing classes and just talk southern authors and some AW stuff. That might fill eight hours. Then, the evening.

As to location, Atlanta seems most central to everyone. I can start drawing up some tetnative plans if I can get some buy in here.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
This is starting to shape up into a little shindig. :) And of course, even if you're not from these parts, you're certainly invited. :)

How's everybody schedule look for, say, October? Kids in school. Maybe a Saturday meet somewhere. We could do a couple of writing classes and just talk southern authors and some AW stuff. That might fill eight hours. Then, the evening.

As to location, Atlanta seems most central to everyone. I can start drawing up some tetnative plans if I can get some buy in here.

I was thinking more of an Animal House type toga party.

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Good point. I almost went last year. I am, however still scheming. ;)

Siddow

Registered
Reaction score
Good point. I almost went last year. I am, however still scheming. ;)

Ooh...you should come this year. I walked away with, I swear, 50lbs of swag. Free books? I'll take 'em!

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
"Never turn down a free meal." -- Dad ;)

GhostAuthor

She who should be writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinabarber.net
Hey folks, fellow GA author chiming in here!

October is BAD for me, lots of book signings and conventions that time of year for me (I write dark fantasy and ghost books).

However, there are two conventions going on in the Georgia area (one in Marietta in June and one in Newnan in April). Both are small and author friendly! (and don't charge an arm or a leg - or both). Meeting at one of those would give us the opportunity to mingle and spend time doing what we love - talking about writing and books!

Seriously though both conventions are seeking published authors for their guest roster - you can PM me for contact information.

I'm up for meeting, though my schedule is very tight - I'm booked with events since I have two books coming out this year.

Lemme know!

Last edited:

GhostAuthor

She who should be writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinabarber.net

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
That's why I was torn between the DBF and DragonCon -- and I ended up hitting neither due to some technical difficulties. :)

I will attend one or the other this year, probably DC.

But I'm still scheming our meeting.

Would you guys prefer just meet and greet, mix in some seminars or a balance of both or what?

Siddow

Registered
Reaction score
I went to Dragon*Con once and realized that I totally don't fit in that world. The Furries really freaked me out, along with the painted naked ladies (although, admittedly, not as much as the Furries). Jason, DBF is free and just a short train ride from the Con...do both!

I like the idea of having 'stuff to do', but perhaps that's because I'm socially awkward. :) Or maybe I'm thinking that if there's more of a draw than just our lovely selves, more folks from the outlying areas will be inclined to visit.

But I'm in for A, B, or C. Anything to get out of the house meet you fabulous people (other than the ones I already know, and that is no diss on their fabulosity).

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I went to Dragon*Con once and realized that I totally don't fit in that world. The Furries really freaked me out, along with the painted naked ladies (although, admittedly, not as much as the Furries). Jason, DBF is free and just a short train ride from the Con...do both!
Holy crap. I don't want to do that. As much as I'd like to strut around in nothing but some body glitter and a Mardi Gras mask, it's gonna have to be anonymously. Wouldn't, you know, be able to hang out with you guys too...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.