Who would you meet?

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Here's a thought my husband and I have batted about for years--think about it before you answer.

If you could meet three people (no restrictions here--past, present, future, fictional, nonfictional, living, dead, or undead) who would they be and why?

Every time I think about this, I come up with different answers. At the moment they are:

1: Katharine Hepburn--I'd like to meet her at any age. Seems like a great lady to have a cup of coffee and a conversation with.

2: Me at sixteen--just to say NO! NO! DON'T DO THAT TO ME PLEASE!

3: Jane Austen--I want to write the definitive biography. ("C'mon Jane...what's the real scoop here?")

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Michelle Pfeiffer from "Fabulous Baker Boys"

Kathleen Turner from "Body Heat"

Sharon Stone... I don't need to elaborate here, right, you get the theme? :D

Exiting the realm of adolescent fantasy: Jung, Darwin, Shakespeare.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Paul Revere

James Madison

Lafayette

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Abraham Lincoln - I would love to interview him and ask him about his marriage to Mary Todd, the Civil War and his own battle with depression.

Bob Dylan I love Dylan as a song writer. His songs are so layered in thoughts. They are like looking at paintings Everytime you hear one of them, you notice something different. He also has lead a uniqe life and has some interesting points of view.

Augusta Cooper Bristol Born 1835 in Croydon NH. Wrote her first poem at age 8, taught school, married and then divorced. Published a book of poetry. Remarried, and lectured all over the US and Brussels.and France. She took her daughter with her when she spook Spoke at every Woman's Congress and gave the nomination speech for General Butler the greenback candidate for President of the US in 1885. Way before women regained the right to vote. She's my hero.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Interesting responses so far. The thing about this addiction ...er...question is that every time I see someone else's responses, I think of three totally different people in place of the ones I originally picked.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
William H. Bonney. There is so much written about the legendary "Billy the Kid," I want to know the truth straight from the man himself.

Shawn Spencer (you said we could pick fictional characters!) from the show "Psych." He has such a brilliant, deductive mind. Plus he's funny as hell, and adorable. He'd be a hoot.

Someone I'll call JC. We were classmates Kindergarden - 2nd grade, and again in 4th grade. He was my first crush, my first kiss (as far as kisses go when you're ten years old). He moved away after 4th grade, and I've not seen or heard from him since. I'd just like to say, "Hey, how's it going? Remember me?" I think it'd be cool. :)

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I'd like to meet Goku from DBZ. Maybe he'll teach me how to fly :D

Or maybe... uh... I'd like to meet the aztecs. Or at least live a day in their civilization. I'd be great to observe them.

Also, the vikings.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Right now... at this very moment...
GARY OLDMAN
TRENT REZNOR
ALAN RICKMAN

Ask me tomorrow and it will be someone else.

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
see? it's insidious.

This is a question I ask myself often... only because my husband doesn't talk to me... :)

Abraham Lincoln, Bob Dylan, and Augusta Cooper Bristol are always my top three. However if I could meet 2 more they would be.

4. Lisa Williams From I SEE DEAD PEOPLE. She always seems right on the mark... and I wonder about some things in that realm.

5. Albert Einstein For a million reasons

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
1) Adolf Hitler (That is not a joke. I've always been fascinated that even people totally opposed to him could not deny the strange power he exuded. He would be, by a country mile, the person I'd most want to have a conversation with.)
2) Ernest Hemmingway (my choice as a writer)
3) Nero (just to see what total debauchery looks like in the flesh).

Last edited:

ErylRavenwell

Banned
Reaction score
1. Tolkien
2. Charlotte Bronte
3. Hitler (my fists will be doing all the talking).

And do you read people's minds, Akiwi?

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
1) Adolf Hitler (That is not a joke. I've always been fascinated that even people totally opposed to him could not deny the strange power he exuded. He would be, by a country mile, the person I'd most want to have a conversation with.)
2) Ernest Hemmingway (my choice as a writer)
3) Nero (just to see what total debauchery looks like in the flesh).

I didn't think it was a joke about Hitler.. He was a horrible man, but it would be interesting to interview him.

Mussolini is another one. I found it odd that in Italy, a lot of Italians admire still. One restaraunt we ate in, had pictures of him and even a bronze bust. From what I understand, he gave Italians something they lacked... pride.

ErylRavenwell

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't think it was a joke about Hitler.. He was a horrible man, but it would be interesting to interview him.

Mussolini is another one. I found it odd that in Italy, a lot of Italians admire still. One restaraunt we ate in, had pictures of him and even a bronze bust. From what I understand, he gave Italians something they lacked... pride.

Pride? Misguided pride, perhaps. The entire Italian army couldn't even beat a division of French chasseur alpins, while the bulk of the French army was collapsing north like a set of domino before the NAZI.

Mussolini and Hitler were both scums.

Last edited:

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
Jane Austen - my all time favourite writer in the entire universe.
David Williamson - best Australian playwright ever
Anyone who was on the Titanic - I'm a bit fascinated by old ships, especially that one!

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Pride? Misguided pride, perhaps. The entire Italian army couldn't even beat a division of French chasseur alpins, while the bulk of the French army was collapsing north like a set of domino before the NAZI.

Mussolini and Hitler were both scums.

I think you mis understood what I was saying. I have no love or respect for either Hitler or Mussolini. I was saying that when I went to Italy, I thought it was odd that some of the Italians there still thought him a great man.

As my mind is always curious... I researched it a bit.. and from what I read, that is why some of the Italians still adore Mussolini.

I think they were both horrible men.

ErylRavenwell

Banned
Reaction score
I think you mis understood what I was saying. I have no love or respect for either Hitler or Mussolini. I was saying that when I went to Italy, I thought it was odd that some of the Italians there still thought him a great man.

As my mind is always curious... I researched it a bit.. and from what I read, that is why some of the Italians still adore Mussolini.

My criticism was directed at Mussolini's Italian admirers. You were simply making an observation. That I understand. :)

Mom'sWrite

Service with a smile
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.returnengagement.blogspot.com
One Who Shall Remain Nameless- mostly because I don't know her name, but I know her mother quite well.

Mr. Bennett--Elizabeth Bennett's father. He and I see people the same way. That meeting would most amusing.

The great Richard Feynmann--so brilliant yet comprehensible. I've been a big fan for a long time.

Of course, my list could continue on for pages and most of you would be on it. :)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score

I also missed the significance of that earlier post, Joyce. Thank you for setting us right.