PDA

View Full Version : Sonnet Contest Update

LimeyDawg
01-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Folks,

Great response to this, thank you. So far, 21 poems in, so we're going to need that 14 days to read through them all when we go into the voting stage (February 1-February 13th, winners announced on Valentines Day (US Eastern Standard Time...when I get off work that day probably...).

A few things:

I would recommend that some of you run a spell checker over the poem you submitted, make corrections to the spelling, and resubmit to me. This is a basic commandment of submitting anything via the web: RUN SPELL CHECK. If you are comfortable that your submission is fine, then of course, no response is needed.

It would be nice for everyone who submitted a poem to also submit votes. Of course, I can't force anyone to do this, and I won't hold it against you if you don't, but I've purposely allowed two weeks voting time so that everyone gets the opportunity to vote.

If anyone wants to add to the prize pool, that is always welcome.

There are still a great many people out there who haven't entered. You've got til midnight, January 31st to get your entry in. Like I said, great response so far, but I know there are more sonneteers out there, so get writing.

Thanks to everyone for making this a success already,

LD

LimeyDawg
01-22-2008, 08:14 PM
oh, and one more thing. Some of you submitted poems without titles. Not that this is a big deal, but for the sake of giving them an identity, I've assigned the inglorious and ignoble "Untitled #_" to these. If you would like yours to have a title, please let me know.

Magdalen
02-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Somewhere in the universe it must be February first??