PDA

View Full Version : So roaches

The_Grand_Duchess
01-22-2008, 06:16 AM
I have them. I treated my house with Borax in my cabinets and roach baits in the places they hide. I also sprinkled borax on my pipes and what not. They went away for like two weeks.

And then returned.

I keep my house clean. I don't leave food out. I clean my dishes everynight and wipe everything down with bleach at the end of the day. I don't let my kids eat anywhere in the house except the kitchen.

I've come to the conclusion that the problem is not with me. It's the other apartments.

I live in a duplex. Its the second house in a row of four. I think the one on my left is the culprit. They just scream roach infestation. I mean come one, I'm one person and two babies and I produce like four bags of trash a week. They have a whole gaggle of people living there and they produce one. And no, they are not living green.

So anywho, here's the issue. Something needs to be done here but it states in my lease that extermination is my problem. Like I have to pay for that. I want to call the landlord and tell him to do something since I only just moved here and the problem obviously isn't me or my living conditions. But do I have any sort of leg to stand on with this thing since my lease states that I'm supposed to pay for it?

DeleyanLee
01-22-2008, 06:25 AM
I'd say contact the landlord and explain what you explained here and what you suspect is the real problem.

Let the landlord deal with the neighbors. Likely they'll have to pay for the extermination, not you.

TrainofThought
01-22-2008, 06:26 AM
Hi Duchess,

Is there a city department you can call to have them come out? If they find a roach infestation they might order the landlord to clean it up. It’s a thought.

Jersey Chick
01-22-2008, 06:29 AM
If there's a Board of Health (or equivalent) that might be the best place to start.

The_Grand_Duchess
01-22-2008, 06:39 AM
Well I'm going to call the landlord first and explain the situation to him and see what he says. They've been pretty good about other stuff (covering my windows with plastic, repairing little odds and ends, etc) but I really don't think I should have to pay for this. I mean it's really not my fault and until its taken care of on the other peoples end I'll keep having a problem.

I'm also going to buy some Roach Prufe. I know it's really just boric acid but my mom says its the best stuff ever.

I f#@*ing hate roaches.

The_Grand_Duchess
01-23-2008, 06:31 AM
So follow up!

I called my landlord, explained the sitution and he's going to send out an extermintaor. They're paying for the intial visit but I have to pay the 25 a month subscription fee so that if they have to do again all it costs if the 25 a month. So yeah, soon I will not have a problem hopefully.

tjwriter
01-24-2008, 06:33 AM
The only bad thing with this solution is that it may not clear up completely unless the neighbors do something. Since you are only getting the overflow, they would have to start at the source.

For some self treatment, I recommend this product: Combat Roach Gel (http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?id=prod3951&CATID=100530&skuid=sku303951&V=G&ec=frgl_wic&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=sku303951)

We lived in a place with a roach problem once. Tried all sorts of things. This gel did the trick in no time.