TV Producer Coming on Friday!!

nancy sv

30 months on a bicycle...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familyonbikes.com
Egads! What in the heck do I do?? What do I say? How do I dress? I'm just a school teacher who decided to take a bike ride - I'm not the stuff TV is made of?!?!

OK - so this guy is coming over Friday morning and we'll just chat for a while and ask questions. Then he wants to actually shoot some footage of something - I'm not sure what. I suspect he'll want to do some preliminary interviews and stuff. From there he'll put it together to make some sort of a demo/promo spot to take to Discovery Channel and see if they are interested in a series about our journey.

I'm not even sure how I should be feeling at this point - what a bizarre turn of events!!

John Paton

carn the mighty hawks !!
Registered
Reaction score
the sporting capital of the world. Oh! That's Melb
you sound exactly what will go down well with audiences.

It sounds fantastic and this guy will not be wasting his time or yours if he doesn't think it will sell.

Be yourself, friendly and knock his socks off !!

Can't wait to see it on NatGeo

All the very best ;)

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
this is very exciting. don't worry about how to act, just make sure your teeth are clean :D

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
You're going to do fine Nancy.

I've read through the stuff you've put out online. You have a lot of material and a lot data from your travels. If I had to guess they might want to shoot footage of you and the family on the bikes, any souvenirs and such that you have from your travels.

They want to see how well the camera "likes" you and the family. It's an amazing thing. People in real life look different on camera. All the old cliches are true, just in different ways for different people. Extreme case: I had a Commanding Officer once that was solid as a rock in person, but on camera he was always out of focus. It was even worse in still shots. He just somehow "vibrated" out of sync with cameras.

But, hey, you've been photographed, interviewed, filmed, and "drive by tourist captured" over and over again.

Just relax. You're going to do great.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry. Try to stay calm. We love you. So will the rest of the nation. :D

oops. did I make you more nervous? You have a great story. Relax and let the story inspire others to do their heart's desire.

It's better living that way.

Sending you serendipitous Zen moments.

I had a Commanding Officer once that was solid as a rock in person, but on camera he was always out of focus. It was even worse in still shots. He just somehow "vibrated" out of sync with cameras.

true, true... not everyone photographs the same. I'd like to meet that guy.

Kadea

Registered
Reaction score
Oh Nancy! But you see they won't be expecting you to be anything besides what you ARE. Be yourself and if it is what they are looking for- then it will be the perfect fit. I've met quite a few people who have been on the reality shows and surprise surprise... they are real people!

Can't wait to hear how it goes...