Pages : [1] 2

William Haskins
01-21-2008, 04:29 AM
"My God, I've agreed with you twice this week...I have to stop drinking"
"... I am astounded by your eruptive disdain for me."
"sod off..."
"Thank you for this post. (i think i love you!)"
"Um, so actually you need to read the book of Ezekiel."
"Perfect. I was gonna say exactly that. Thanks for taking the coming heat, though..."
"That was dirty, really dirty... That was awful. Just fix it please."
"Thought-provoking yet disgusting"
"You really think you're going to shut me up by leading the *** band of stupid comments? That's quite a wolf pack you've got there, Will. Bunch of yappy, toothless terriers."
"politeness becomes you. who did you borrow it from?"
"Fuck off."
"I think I love you."
"that last line is in direct contravention of our respect rule. You can edit it out or I will."
"Disappointment and outrage are different animals. I've lost a lot of respect for you."
"Ever think of working for Hallmark?"
"When you put it that way, you actually sound pretty cool. Did one of the older kids write that for you?"
"You know what? Go fuck yourself, darlin."
"How dare you..."
"Stop trying to seduce me"
"You're a dead man."

Rolling Thunder
01-21-2008, 04:34 AM
Nine looks like something Greg would have said. Maybe you should have a match-up contest?

Bravo
01-21-2008, 04:36 AM
my top 10:

1. lol

2. lol!

3. LMAO!

4. ROFL!

5. LOL! LOL!

6. HAHAHHA

7. :ROFL:

8. :roll:

9: lol.

10. heh.

William Haskins
01-21-2008, 04:36 AM
all of greg's are gone due to the pruning that occurs periodically. unfortunately, i only had RPs from october 07 to choose from.

the previous 2 and a half years are lost to the ether. and there were some doozies...

clockwork
01-21-2008, 04:37 AM
I think one #20 is worth all 19 others combined.

Devil Ledbetter
01-21-2008, 04:43 AM
Those are priceless. A testament to the power of your writing. You really get to people.

Rolling Thunder
01-21-2008, 04:44 AM
Some people are hoping to get to him. Someday...

Devil Ledbetter
01-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Some people are hoping to get to him. Someday...That's probably part of what frustrates some people. He's impervious. He doesn't lose his cool. Ever.

SpookyWriter
01-21-2008, 04:50 AM
I'm curious to know who would be stupid enough to stop drinking. Doesn't sound like a rational person to me.

William Haskins
01-21-2008, 04:51 AM
i think that was just drunk-talk.

Unique
01-21-2008, 04:59 AM
none of mine made the top 10 ?

I'm running away now. AND

giving you one of these:

:cry:

jst5150
01-21-2008, 05:02 AM
How'd your daughter do in the play?

William Haskins
01-21-2008, 05:05 AM
she did great. it was a packed house.

thanks for asking.

Rolling Thunder
01-21-2008, 05:06 AM
How'd your daughter do in the play?

William probably critiqued her performance and that's where rep #3 came from. ;)

Unique
01-21-2008, 05:12 AM
William probably critiqued her performance and that's where rep #3 came from. ;)

she learned it from Scarlett.
(via ... )

SpookyWriter
01-21-2008, 05:21 AM
i think that was just drunk-talk.Nothing like pillow talk? I wouldn't know the difference unless I could smell it.

JoNightshade
01-21-2008, 05:27 AM
I'm #5! And I still agree with myself.

Surprised you didn't put any of my more complimentary reps up, William, as I distinctly remember giving you some nice ones. :tongue

William Haskins
01-21-2008, 05:29 AM
"you'd be a more tolerable person if you had a brain transplant with any more evolved than a jackal's" is not really complimentary...

Rolling Thunder
01-21-2008, 05:31 AM
Unless you add a smiley face to it. Which tends to heighten the sarcasm.

SpookyWriter
01-21-2008, 05:45 AM
I suspect #17 through #20 are just one dialogue. Interesting.

Caller: "You know what? Go fuck yourself, darlin."
William: "How dare you..."
Caller: "Stop trying to seduce me"
Silence:
Caller: "You're a dead man."

SpookyWriter
01-21-2008, 05:46 AM
Where's the rest of the transcript?

Haggis
01-21-2008, 06:04 AM
People send you rep points?

kristie911
01-21-2008, 06:28 AM
One of them is mine! But I'm not telling which one. ;)

akiwiguy
01-21-2008, 06:38 AM
"You know what? Go fuck yourself, darlin." Something quite sexy about that.

So Bill, these are the ones from your forays into the Humour Writing forum. What are the others like?

JoNightshade
01-21-2008, 06:46 AM
"you'd be a more tolerable person if you had a brain transplant with any more evolved than a jackal's" is not really complimentary...

You said it, not me. :)

JoNightshade
01-21-2008, 06:50 AM
I just had a curious thought. In spite of giving him quite a few positive reps which he will never admit to, I've only ever had one rep from Haskins: "I have read it."

What sort of reps, if any, has Haskins given all of you? Does he even give them at all? :)

rhymegirl
01-21-2008, 06:53 AM
I don't think any of those are from me.

I guess I'm waiting for William to say something really special.

kristie911
01-21-2008, 07:30 AM
What sort of reps, if any, has Haskins given all of you? Does he even give them at all? :)

I don't know but I did get a PM from him once on a rep I gave him. I saved it because it's not likely to happen again. :D

robeiae
01-21-2008, 07:34 AM
I'd list my top twenty rep comments, 'cept all my rep comments are pretty much the same--except for four, and those four were all ROFL smilies from Haggis with regards to my vasectomy. The rest all look this:

You're a ******* **********, you ******* *******.

And William, wtf?

12. "I think I love you."
You said you'd never share these words with another, since they touched you so deeply....

Now, I'm gonna go cry.

Mom'sWrite
01-21-2008, 07:35 AM

I got one from William once. I treasure it but if things get financially difficult for us, I'm going to auction it on Ebay.

kristie911
01-21-2008, 07:55 AM
I got one from William once. I treasure it but if things get financially difficult for us, I'm going to auction it on Ebay.

Wow! Good idea. Just think of what I would get for a PM from William.

I do have property taxes due next month...

III
01-21-2008, 07:58 AM
I get reps from Haskins daily, but they're mostly relationship questions about Rob.

mscelina
01-21-2008, 08:00 AM
what's a rep?

Medievalist
01-21-2008, 09:21 AM
all of greg's are gone due to the pruning that occurs periodically. unfortunately, i only had RPs from october 07 to choose from.

the previous 2 and a half years are lost to the ether. and there were some doozies...

They're not lost, but to display 'em all is a huge burden on the database, and for some folks, the browser just locks up. So you can see the last 5 hundred or so (can't remember the number), but the rest are in the database.

And you never did give me a Yes or No to my Rep comment ... ;)

rugcat
01-21-2008, 09:44 AM
What sort of reps, if any, has Haskins given all of you? Does he even give them at all? :)You need to amuse him or impress him. It's easier to amuse him.

Susie
01-21-2008, 09:47 AM
I don't think I've ever gotten a rp from William... *sigh.*

Unique
01-21-2008, 01:37 PM
I get reps from Haskins daily, but they're mostly relationship questions about Rob.

They're not lost, but to display 'em all is a huge burden on the database, and for some folks, the browser just locks up. So you can see the last 5 hundred or so (can't remember the number), but the rest are in the database.

And you never did give me a Yes or No to my Rep comment ... ;)

You need to amuse him or impress him. It's easier to amuse him.

re: your rp... yes, i find it exceedingly funny.

hey!

It's been too long, William. All those tasty comments locked up in archive. Mine only go back to: 10-01-2007

Stew21
01-21-2008, 06:38 PM
I didn't make it into your top 20? Damn it!

I'll have to work on my rep point content.

robeiae
01-21-2008, 06:39 PM
I'll have to work on my rep point content.
Please don't. I'll end up having a heart attack.

robeiae
01-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Trish has demanded that I list my top twenty comments. I won't go that far, but here are the top ten:

1. Your face is a parasite

2. if you didn't listen in bed wouldn't you miss all the cool stuff like "right there" and "like that"? :D I can't believe I just said that. but here I go, hitting the add to rep button anyway.

3. you need help. cripes...can't stop laughing..it started off as a quiet giggle...but the longer I sat here...the funnier it became...now I'm laughing in a throaty, swilled Scotch kinda way...

4. it really is impeccable logic. :) sexy too. ;)

5. it's like sometimes we share a brain...

6. Are you propositioning everyone? I'm highly offended... I'll let you guess why.

7. I'm gonna exploit you, you know. Just sayin'

8. Wow. A calm, rational and judicious post. Are you feeling OK?

9. Hey, stop making fun of me. I kind of liked working construction. You're lucky you're too cute for me to get upset with you. :D

10. You're not going anywhere farther away than the toilet and the percoset bottle

Angelinity
01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
this thread goes to prove my theory, Mr. Haskins -- you are human.

(i always knew you were. just thankful for the proof.)

NeuroFizz
01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
this thread goes to prove my theory, Mr. Haskins -- you are human.

I agree. You are a real hymen, Buster.

eldragon
01-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I gave number 15.

Angelinity
01-21-2008, 07:47 PM
I just had a curious thought. In spite of giving him quite a few positive reps which he will never admit to, I've only ever had one rep from Haskins: "I have read it."

Haskins reps? irrelevant.

Haskins replies to your post... hey, you moved him! (in which direction does it really matter...)

Stew21
01-21-2008, 08:04 PM
My #1 best rep comment:

"thank you for the most touching moment i've ever experienced in my time on AW. you're a beautiful person."

and the funniest:

"But first, I'd like to butter your muffin... :P (Chet in Weird Science)"

the most complimentary:

"You've got a comic gift!"

most inspiring:

"just a note from an innocent bystander...i've really enjoyed and appreciated the way you've focused on your writing recently. it's an inspiration. thanks for "airing" it here at aw"

"you make me smile"

threats:

"oh, you'll pay dearly for that."

something serious that made me giggle for about an hour:

"You're not a mod, Trish, It was being handled by the mods"

insults:
"That was witty, but not exceptionally so."

and:

"damn straight, your ugly."

Stew21
01-21-2008, 08:06 PM

haskins gives reps.
what kind: honest ones. just like his posts.

III
01-21-2008, 08:08 PM
I think I made all the lists so far but I don't remember for sure. I need to start repping again.

Stew21
01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
I think I made all the lists so far but I don't remember for sure. I need to start repping again.

Were you the one who said "damn straight you're ugly" to me?

robeiae
01-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Please don't.

Shadow_Ferret
01-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Dangnabit. I don't think any of mine were in the top 20. I have to work harder.

III
01-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Please don't.

Nice reverse psychology Col. Flag.

robeiae
01-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Nice reverse psychology Col. Flag.
You think you're real smart. But you're not smart; you're dumb. Very dumb. But you've met your match in me.

Stew21
01-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Jay, it's "muffin" and you aren't the one who said it. :roll:

III
01-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Jay, it's "muffin" and you aren't the one who said it. :roll:

No butter for you!

robeiae
01-21-2008, 08:29 PM
"But first, I'd like to butter your muffin... :P (Chet in Weird Science)"

Actually, that's pretty inappropriate. I'd report the person that sent that, poste haste.

Stew21
01-21-2008, 08:36 PM
I think it was "appropriate" at the time.

robeiae
01-21-2008, 08:39 PM
I think it was "appropriate" at the time.
Then you should report yourself, as well.

Stew21
01-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Here you go Jay, now you're on my list:

"Ten foot pole" is a very sexist term. No man can live up to that.

robeiae
01-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Jay's on my list, too. Several of them, actually...

robeiae
01-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Btw, III just sent me rep comment in which he offered to wipe me.

Yuck.

cray
01-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Btw, III just sent me rep comment in which he offered to wipe me.

Yuck.

consider yourself lucky -- i hesitate to post the reppies III has sent to me. :D
they're horrible. yucky.
...and yet, sometimes they make me all tingly inside.

Angelinity
01-21-2008, 09:11 PM
consider yourself lucky -- i hesitate to post the reppies III has sent to me. :D
they're horrible. yucky.
...and yet, sometimes they make me all tingly inside.

that's it. you've compromised yourself.

cray
01-21-2008, 09:27 PM
that's it. you've compromised yourself.

:D

eldragon
01-21-2008, 09:56 PM
On May 4, 2006, William Haskins gave me this rep comment:

your best post ever.

I can't help to notice that, in the rare event he agrees with my post, he tells me private. But when he thinks I'm a idiot, or can't type, or can't read or look things up in dictionary, or know the definition of those big impressive words he likes to throw around.............he posts it so the world can see!

Hey, I'm supposed to be studying for my nursing boards, and it's my husbands birthday, and the house is a mess and I have a whole cooler of shrimp to clean, but I'm devoting at least part of my day to GETTING WILLIAM BACK!

I declare that January 21st be made the official "I won't be scared when Haskins posts after me," day.

C'mon people! Let's stop his intimidation! Who's with me?

Stew21
01-21-2008, 10:01 PM
People are intimidated by William?

robeiae
01-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Sshhh! Don't ruin it for him!

eldragon
01-21-2008, 10:51 PM
William is a wildcard. You never know if he'll agree with your views, or bash you like a pinata at a birthday party.

So when I see his name after my post, I get little butterflies in my stomach..,"will he agree with me? Maybe he's just ignoring me all together and commenting on what Infinity Goddess said!"

Anyway, you know I'm just kidding.

Haggis
01-21-2008, 11:19 PM
You have a whole cooler of shrimp and you're not sharing?

rhymegirl
01-21-2008, 11:42 PM
1.No, Louis. <3 means LOVE!!! Not ass.
2. I like being on top better!
3. I told you I like being on top better! <wink, wink>
4. Blessed be those with dirty minds. *snicker*
5. Fear not the CakeBoy
6. dangit, Jeff, I wanted to see her wasted!
7. Is it wrong to think that KoRn and Hole should do a double-bill? (except that Courtney Love is a human plague)
8. What on earth is that in your avatar Louis???
9. Step 1: Get nail. Step 2: pick up hammer. Step 3: Oh, wait -- you got this one down already.
10. look, I told you the chicken story.....

Those are very interesting rep comments, Jeff.

Are you sure they're not all from the same person?

eldragon
01-21-2008, 11:55 PM
You have a whole cooler of shrimp and you're not sharing?

At $5 per pound for the jumbos...it's much less than a cooler.

But then again, there's only two of us, and we have to leave room for the ice cream cake!

Jcomp
01-22-2008, 12:00 AM
William is a wildcard. You never know if he'll agree with your views, or bash you like a pinata at a birthday party.

True that. But when William bashes you and you fire back, you know you've got a good, brutal battle on your hands. With some cats it's like fighting the knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail and they don't give up even after being slaughtered, or they're like the mule from that Family Guy episode insisting that Kevin Bacon wasn't in Footloose.

But you can battle Haskins and show the scars off later at a bar and stuff.

akiwiguy
01-22-2008, 12:07 AM
But you can battle Haskins and show the scars off later at a bar and stuff.

Get honest comp. Everyone wants to be the one to toss his foreskin on the table, pocket the bounty, and cooly walk out into the sunset.

eldragon
01-22-2008, 02:14 AM
Get honest comp. Everyone wants to be the one to toss his foreskin on the table, pocket the bounty, and cooly walk out into the sunset.

Yuck?

William Haskins
01-22-2008, 03:54 AM
i just want people to like me.

Silver King
01-22-2008, 04:01 AM
Some are, I suppose. I always thought he was similar to an oyster, rough and crusty on the outside, yet with plenty of meat and firm taste on the inside. And there's the occasional pearl you'll find that will blind you with its essence, stopping you dead in your tracks as you ponder its significance.

SpookyWriter
01-22-2008, 04:06 AM
Some are, I suppose. I always thought he was similar to an oyster, rough and crusty on the outside, yet with plenty of meat and firm taste on the inside. And there's the occasional pearl you'll find that will blind you with its essence, stopping you dead in your tracks as you ponder its significance.You just described the boil on my butt. :D Do you work for Hallmark?

Inky
01-22-2008, 04:22 AM
What we need is a smiley that gives the finger...er...not colon check kind of finger...but a..you know...a HASKINS SPECIAL...

just sayin'...

Inky
01-22-2008, 04:23 AM
This is one of those posts that has probably resulted in your rep points now being clogged with many 'f' words...I know...I tried repping you, and it told me to wait 10 seconds. Apparently, there were many like minds. :)

Inky
01-22-2008, 04:24 AM
Some are, I suppose. I always thought he was similar to an oyster, rough and crusty on the outside, yet with plenty of meat and firm taste on the inside. And there's the occasional pearl you'll find that will blind you with its essence, stopping you dead in your tracks as you ponder its significance.
You've forgotten how many people die from raw oysters?

Silver King
01-22-2008, 04:28 AM
That's all part of the imagery. Spooky's boil, however, is another matter; but I guess we can throw that one into the mix as well.

Inky
01-22-2008, 04:32 AM
*shudder* YOU mix his boil...I'd rather crawl up on Haskins' lap--which, for me, is the equivelent of offering my jugular to a pitbull :)
Haskins has a knack for chewing me up & spitting me out...er...don't take that outa context...cripes...I think I just turned myself on...eeewwwww!

*runs off to drop more percocet...and gargle bleach...*

poetinahat
01-22-2008, 04:34 AM
True, it's said that raw oysters often lead to la petite morte. Ideally several times a night.

robeiae
01-22-2008, 04:36 AM
True, it's said that raw oysters often lead to la petite morte. Ideally several times a night.
Wrong thread, Swiftus Maximus.

Haggis
01-22-2008, 06:05 AM

He doesn't have the password to the erotica forum.

Stew21
01-22-2008, 06:10 AM
the main character in my most recent novel attempt had an overwhelming urge to eat raw oysters.

coincidence?

:)

poetinahat
01-22-2008, 06:12 AM

Enough of your Houniynhms, sirrah.

He doesn't have the password to the erotica forum.

Every time I approach, the drawbridge comes down so fast it conks me on the head. When I regain consciousness, I find myself in the middle of a dead-language poetry slam.

Stew21
01-22-2008, 06:16 AM
truly - I hate to be the downer, but this BUGS me.

The character - mythological legend proportion caricature - I see some people make Haskins; the inference used - the comments that play on this "giant bad guy" really sort of piss me off. There is comic persona some people have created and others have perpetuated - its a punchline, a joke, a metaphor all by itself - of this "William".

does he give rep points? you want to be the one to throw the foreskin on the table? the evil, the giant? the intimidator?

Come on - the man has an impeccable control of language and an educated opinion with which he backs it. He has amazing poetry that is accessible and real (see this for example: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70270&highlight=Alea)
If daily I was at once reduced to the caricature others made of me and spent the day proving otherwise I'd be pissed.

The personas are not here for our use. I find it disrespectful. if the same was done to me I would have left by now.

there is a level of integrity in his consistency that few can boast. I know if he tells me he likes something or hates it, it is truly how he feels. It's an opinion that I value. (and...I probably dug my own grave here, because he will hate that I posted this. *sigh* Sorry William.)

eldragon
01-22-2008, 06:24 AM

It's a joke.

Stew21
01-22-2008, 06:25 AM
side note: does anyone else find it funny that SK used an oyster/*pearl* metaphor for William, or is it just me? :D

Stew21
01-22-2008, 06:26 AM
It's a joke.

Yes. I know. A play on the persona. I know.

I just think if anyone else would have started a thread about their top 20 reps, it wouldn't have ended up in "scars you can show people the next time you go to the bar."

SpookyWriter
01-22-2008, 06:29 AM
side note: does anyone else find it funny that SK used an oyster/*pearl* metaphor for William, or is it just me? :DIt's just you. Flirt.

Stew21
01-22-2008, 06:31 AM
not just me - I think Unique and Perks might find it funny too.

SpookyWriter
01-22-2008, 06:35 AM
not just me - I think Unique and Perks might find it funny too.You're fishing. Any reference to Haskin as a aphrodisiac is pure coincidence.

robeiae
01-22-2008, 06:36 AM
I don't find it funny. I find it inappropriate.

poetinahat
01-22-2008, 06:37 AM
truly - I hate to be the downer, but this BUGS me.

<clipped>

there is a level of integrity in his consistency that few can boast. I know if he tells me he likes something or hates it, it is truly how he feels. It's an opinion that I value. (and...I probably dug my own grave here, because he will hate that I posted this. *sigh* Sorry William.)

Well said, Trish. Then again:

1) He started it.

2) William is probably the only one here who could start a thread like this and not be accused of acute narcissism.

3) Jeez. I'd forgotten about that pearl episode.

Stew21
01-22-2008, 06:38 AM
You're fishing. Any reference to Haskin as a aphrodisiac is pure coincidence.

It wasn't about haskins being an aphrodisiac. trust me. it wasn't.

robeiae
01-22-2008, 06:39 AM
You know, I think William started this thread in the hopes that others would do as he did and post their favorite comments.

He's very misunderstood, I think.

Magdalen
Oh, so the threads back on? Good. Now, the law of averages would suggest at least one of my rep comments would've made the list, but I don't recall having been so terse.

Stew21
Well said, Trish. Then again:

1) He started it.

2) William is probably the only one here who could start a thread like this and not be accused of acute narcissism.

points all taken well. I just had to get it off my chest.
there. done. :)

back to your regularly scheduled caricature drawing fest. :)

eldragon
01-22-2008, 06:42 AM
I couldn't resist. Here's some of the funniest rep points I have:

1. Interesting, we both picked Woody...:)

2. You own this topic. You own this thread.

3. WHEN? Oh, God help us, WHEN?!

4. Were your parents' names 'Sid' and 'Mabel'? Is so, we're related!

5. That's an obnoxious, manipulative assumption on your part.

6. Yeah, you can just tell it's going to reek. Classic, my butt.

7. I'm not setting foot into this thread, but I love the title!

8. I'll second that. My head's spinning from trying to decipher exactly what it was she was trying to say.

9. *LOL* Yes, WAY! I love her, but the smell alone makes my eyes water.

10. You really need to learn what it means to debate...anger and agression do not make for a viable argument.

And so many LOL's! Also, lots of comments related to Napoleon Dynamite. "Whatever I feel like, gosh!" is on there about five times!

It's a laugh reading old comments.

Stew21
01-22-2008, 06:48 AM
:o

didn't mean to stomp in the frosting, never intended to call anyone out. didn't mean to deflate the balloons.

I'll just go about my grouchy way now.

Rolling Thunder
01-22-2008, 06:50 AM
points all taken well. I just had to get it off my chest.
there. done. :)

back to your regularly scheduled caricature drawing fest. :)

*looks at Trish's chest*

How do you know which is the left and which is the right, when you put them back on?

robeiae
01-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Wait...there's frosting?!?

SpookyWriter
01-22-2008, 06:51 AM
It wasn't about haskins being an aphrodisiac. trust me. it wasn't.I remember the pearl now. Short term memory loss, sorry.

Stew21
01-22-2008, 06:53 AM
*looks at Trish's chest*

How do you know which is the left and which is the right, when you put them back on?

uh RT - :

1. there's an armpit side.
2. there's a cleavage side.

I wouldn't want to get them confused, would you?

Rolling Thunder
01-22-2008, 06:55 AM
I don't have cleavage so I think I'll leave mine on, thank you very much.

robeiae
01-22-2008, 06:55 AM
*nods head*

The cleavage sides have rug burns...

poetinahat
01-22-2008, 06:57 AM
*nods head*

The cleavage sides have rug burns...
Wrong thread, Little Wampum.

robeiae
01-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Oh. This isn't the "post your best prom night memories" thread?

Stew21
01-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Oh. This isn't the "post your best prom night memories" thread?

I had a horrible prom date. Put it this way. I left the prom with my brother and his date. They drove me home. my date wasn't even worth getting a ride home with.

Silver King
01-22-2008, 07:40 AM
My favorite rep comments (from memory), and they all have to do with alcohol, for some reason:

Shut up, asshole!

Are you drunk again? Seriously, you need to stop drinking.

No one ever, in the history of mankind, would say something as stupid as you did.

I'm telling Mac what you said.

You must think you're funny. Fuck head.

SpookyWriter
01-22-2008, 07:41 AM
My favorite rep comments (from memory), and they all have to do with alcohol, for some reason:

Shut up, asshole!

No one ever, in the history of mankind, would say something as stupid as you did.

You must think you're funny. Fuck head.Are you sure those weren't last nights pillow talk? :roll:

Inky
01-22-2008, 07:42 AM

Shut up, asshole!

You must think you're funny. Fuck head.
Think they made the pun intentionally?

Rolling Thunder
01-22-2008, 07:44 AM
My last two reps were for:

1.) Something that I have no idea what he is talking about.
2.) An apology for sending the rep to me, since it was for someone else.

:rolleyes: Yeah. I get some real winners.

Inky
01-22-2008, 07:45 AM

Every time I approach, the drawbridge comes down so fast it conks me on the head. When I regain consciousness, I find myself in the middle of a dead-language poetry slam.
Translation: He's good for 3 minutes, passes out, revives easily with viagra for pillow talk.

Stew21
01-22-2008, 07:48 AM
sometimes saying nothing at all says it best (isn't that a country song?)
today for instance: I've sent 5 reps to robeiae, he hasn't sent me any. I think i hear his opinion loud and clear.

Inky
01-22-2008, 07:49 AM
My last two reps were for:

1.) Something that I have no idea what he is talking about.
2.) An apology for sending the rep to me, since it was for someone else.

:rolleyes: Yeah. I get some real winners.
You get the winners, I get the wieners.
They ask my bra size
Would I be interested in a photo shoot--candy panties only
Do I know Heffner?
What's my preferred shoe size (took me awhile to figure out the reason behind THAT question)
And I've quite a few from a certain battery that enjoys diving down mi' shirt, doing a few rotations before settling for a nap between my cleavage. Dumb ass doesn't realize I've suffocated lesser men there.
I do miss my reps from Huggis.

SpookyWriter
01-22-2008, 07:55 AM
sometimes saying nothing at all says it best (isn't that a country song?)
today for instance: I've sent 5 reps to robeiae, he hasn't sent me any. I think i hear his opinion loud and clear.

:cry:Hello, wake up Trish. Robeies doesn't rep. I can't ever recall getting a rep from him. He don't like people. Get over it.

Cranky
01-22-2008, 08:02 AM
I must be doing something wrong. All I get are LOL's and smilies and "Great!"s.

I am not living up to the screenname. I have to go and cultivate some angst or something, cuz no one ever tells me to go "eff" myself or to lay off the sauce.

Unique
01-22-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm devoting at least part of my day to GETTING WILLIAM BACK!

I declare that January 21st be made the official "I won't be scared when Haskins posts after me," day.

C'mon people! Let's stop his intimidation! Who's with me?

He left again? No wonder my muse is acting up again.

So we love you. What's a little overkill among friends?

When I regain consciousness, I find myself in the middle of a dead-language poetry slam.

Hey! I must have missed that one. Are we having another?

side note: does anyone else find it funny that SK used an oyster/*pearl* metaphor for William, or is it just me? :D

Bloody hysterical! And we can't dig up the body because the thread is locked. That was priceless!

I don't find it funny. I find it inappropriate.

You would.

How could you forget that? The sand - The surf - The body surfing Pearls ?

Stew21
01-22-2008, 08:07 AM
hooray - my back up has arrived.

Angelinity
01-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by William Haskins:

where's the fun in that... anyone can get people to like them.

SpookyWriter
01-22-2008, 08:20 AM
I must be doing something wrong. All I get are LOL's and smilies and "Great!"s.

I am not living up to the screenname. I have to go and cultivate some angst or something, cuz no one ever tells me to go "eff" myself or to lay off the sauce.

:cry:Probably because your just another device of the man.

SpookyWriter
01-22-2008, 08:21 AM
where's the fun in that... anyone can get people to like them.Tell that to robieyiesours or whatever initials he's using tonight.

Cranky
01-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Probably because your just another device of the man.

How dare you! You...you...you poopie head! Oh, wait, that should've gone into a rep point.

Dammit.

akiwiguy
01-22-2008, 09:56 AM
A random selection...

-The wedding was called off when you refused to be my submissive.
-Poor guy. The only way he'll get into her panties is by wearing them.
-What's your bra size?
-The Christian Forum is Neo Nazi in name only!
-You replaced your RHCP avatar with THAT???
-That's so sweet! Except the killing part... x
-Ruh-roh, here comes Scarlet. Grovel, Kiwi, grovel!
-Just kidding. I'm not that slutty. Really, I'm not.
-Way cool--a face vs breast...wooohooo...oh, hellloooooo, mayte!
-Just like my hubby. He prefers teeth marks to call it memorable. The pair of you are sick. Sort of. In a good way.
-Nice one. He was begging for it.
-Nothing says I love you like a little bum.
-Uh-oh...have we dated?
-you're SUCH a flirt
-Oh akiwiguy, you’re fun to play with. There’s a picture of me next to the definition of deprivation, so I’m ready for my reward.

paprikapink
01-22-2008, 11:23 AM
I got one from William, almost exactly a year ago: "ouch" it says. I'm afraid I'll feel guilty if I go back and see what I posted to merit it. Or at least to provoke it.

Someone said rob+vowels doesn't give reps -- not to gloat but I've gotten at least 5 from him, one of which is extremely secret :e2brows:; maybe he's quit since then. (Five in three years...guess I don't need to worry about gloating.)

My faves in no particular order:
--You made me snort iced tea out my nose. And ruined my mad; now I'm giggling instead of fuming. I hope you're happy!!!
--I like the part about expectations being torn asunder...
--That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!! I new there were some writers around here somewhere!!
--Yankees won
--Seems my fiestyness took quite a few people by surprise--my rep box is bulging with people who are enabling my hormonal rage :-)
--You are the Empress of Anecdotes.
--An amazing intuitive leap--and you landed on your feet!
--Colloquialism. And it wasn't in reference to the goat's olfactory abilities, but about the odor they emit.
--You know, if you were a werewolf, you'd heal a LOT faster I bet.
--Oh, good, because someone had to say it
--geez, Pink, stuff came out my nose on the rep point, a little spit warning, please
--he started it with the pee in the snow. it was a natural progression.
--You wicked, wicked woman.
+Anything from Susie

And this last one which is possibly the most gratifying thing anyone's EVER said to me:
--I wish to place an advance order for your memoirs. Please accept a blank cheque. You write brilliantly - honest and eloquent. I am a big fan of yours.

kristie911
01-22-2008, 02:07 PM
I've had so many good ones but here are some favorites:

-Tramp!
-You should do it on her kitchen table.
-6 inches is nothing to sneer at...
-jealous? but the handcuffs are reserved for you and you only!
-what about my pleasure?
-Happy New Year to you, too. Hope you got your year-end rear-end spanking!
-let's be naughty in 2008 (oh, like we aren't already)
-awww...grouchy bitch?? have a smile :D
-Crack abuser! :D
-I am so taking you to a strip club next time we meet...
-Do you like tongue?
-To make out with Billy Thrilly, I would have to contract a tropical river disease that sunk me into an unfathomable, frenzied fever.

Except for that last one, I think I'm noticing a pattern! :tongue

Voyager
01-22-2008, 02:46 PM
William reps me constantly, and frankly, it's beginning to get a little frightening. I try not to answer him when I'm sure he's off the meds, but let me take this opportunity to reply now for the public record.

1. No, I don't want to see.
2. Yes, I do own Burning Man, and I still stand firm in my belief that those people stand way too close to the fumes from the effigy.
3. No, I don't want a picture.
4. All right, fine. Yes, your poems make me weep, but I just translate them into Spanish and pretend they're by Neruda, so don't expect me to say this out loud ever again.
5. No, my cat doesn't want to see either.

Voyager
01-22-2008, 03:26 PM
And now my top ten:

Very nice. I especially like the 'look at me while I jerk myself across the floor by my penis' moment. Just like the Romans used to do.

You and your thingies. I'll give you thingies. No, seriously, c'mere, I have thingies for you!

This is really not the thread for you to be living out your fantasies, kitten.

Well, well, well. Aren't we a little full of ourselves this morning? Don't we feel like quite the tool now?

Here, just put on this beanie and help me jumpstart my car...

how many ludes did you have before that picture?

It's not, of course, but what if? I think you're absolutely right by the way, and your strong use of expletives is really hot!

Asshole

God you're an ass.

LOL! You, my friend, are an asshole.

KTC
01-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Random:

-lol - you mad man.
-8 is blue what are you saying???
-I'm sorry, but I thought I was the only one who talked to my books as if people....this made me laugh! ROFL
-Dude, Liberace's way before my time. How old do you think I am?
-do bulbs blow out in your nightmares? That's why I don't like switches.
-Holy crap! I'm screen-capturing that!
-Ah, that explains the kid on the album cover putting his fingers in his mouth. Wow, I'm getting a free education on Canada!
-Larry, the wooden spatula got stuck. What next?
-Bite my fat one you cheap dime store hood.
-We kept petitioning for a beer gnome at my old office but it wasn't approved.
-That was the closest I'll come to calling someone I don't know I dingbat.

Devil Ledbetter
01-22-2008, 04:15 PM
A few favorites:

Oh, for criminy sakes! I have to do everything around here!

Maybe she has the breast of a very old woman

Oh man! I can't wait to hear his answer to that one!

Game of Loaf, Purecheesy...

NOOOO I love your similes. You should follow my example and NEVER LET THE MOTHER SEE THE WORK

Just evil, I say, evil.

Yes, but it's *safer* that way. Except for the breeding program. Ick.

Good golly I like you quite a bit

Great one. btw is your av scratching its nose, coz I hope it's not really giving everyone the finger

Unique
01-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Dumb ass doesn't realize I've suffocated lesser men there.
I do miss my reps from Haggis.

Guess that's why 'No Fear' bumper stickers are so popular.
(NoBrainz-NoFear)

Hello, wake up Trish. Robeies doesn't rep. I can't ever recall getting a rep from him. He don't like people. Get over it.
He used to. Then he got all inflated and stuff - maybe his ears will grow back later on ...:rolleyes:

hooray - my back up has arrived.

That, dear woman, was not a pearl of great price - it was PRICELESS. Way better than American Express or Mastercard.

Can a Holy Super Mod roll that one to the top so the newer folks can see it? It was a thing of beauty that I'll treasure forever. Especially when I break out the comments from Perks and Trish. Ah, good times, good times....

William reps me constantly, and frankly, it's beginning to get a little frightening. I try not to answer him when I'm sure he's off the meds, but let me take this opportunity to reply now for the public record.

1. No, I don't want to see.
2. Yes, I do own Burning Man, and I still stand firm in my belief that those people stand way too close to the fumes from the effigy.
3. No, I don't want a picture.
4. All right, fine. Yes, your poems make me weep, but I just translate them into Spanish and pretend they're by Neruda, so don't expect me to say this out loud ever again.
5. No, my cat doesn't want to see either.

You live my dream. I'd be angry but I've gotten another one. :wag:

Random pull:

It's always unintentional!
YEAH!!!!
*love* how supportive you are!

I was too shy to say that. He is brilliant, isn't he. {Haskins reference}

I missed you more. We need a lobster dinner now. Welcome to Texas and fresh lobsters. Yummy.
Dang, it didn’t work. I was attempting a crazy rep regarding the Oh hell thread.
Morning Rep
Don’t pull it out too fast or it will get all over.
Hey, Unique, aww, we love you too. Many thx for brightening my day. Happy week. L&H
Now, how come I never saw that? And what the hell is that under her dress? The mind boggles.
Larry, the wooden spatula got stuck. What next?
Thank you. Excellent post.
Thanks, Unique. Have a good day.
Thanks! I know what you mean about the south. Article done!
Thank you for your kindness!
Lol! That's hilarious.
almost what?
Hey lady! Don't be bummed anymore. I received it today in a package you sent me with other things on Dec 5.
LOL. Actually he has three brothers, but they're all taken. I think I got the best looking one!

Stew21
01-22-2008, 05:18 PM
spooky - Rob used to give reps.

one of my favorite Robeiae reps says, "vicous and unprovoked. I like it." :)

Rolling Thunder
01-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Proof that Rob has a heart. Or, at least, momentary lapses in good judgment.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1593807&postcount=1

nerds
01-22-2008, 05:35 PM
I love all 808 of my reps, every single one, they're all favorites.

I'll just put a few up -

Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrds!

God bless you.

Tears in eyes. Breathtaking.

Finger jacks! My favorite!

brilliant!

You mess with one Biscuiteer, you mess with 'em all. All for one, and one for all. With a side of slaw.

What does redbush mean there?

He can't come in here in the barn with us, I hope you know.

Benpanced is going to hunt you down :D .

Devil Ledbetter
01-22-2008, 05:39 PM
spooky - Rob used to give reps.

one of my favorite Robeiae reps says, "vicous and unprovoked. I like it." :)Robeiae still gives reps. You just have to post hot pictures of Penelope Cruz.

Haggis
01-22-2008, 05:40 PM
A few recent favorites:

You filthy, rodent-like scavenger! Oh wait, that was a mirror.....THERE you are, Haggis. Hmmmmm......resemblance uncanny, no?

20900!

Oh sure. Make me look like a weenie. ;)

Death was too good for you.

that's fair. it's worth killing over.

Wow, what a tough break, buddy. To discover in an online forum that your girlfriend is really a guy!

Thanks. Pretty disgusting, but in total darkness...

haven't been to Detroit but I've seen the city in a documentary called Robocop. :)

Now I've heard it all...Rob's obsessed with your snack cake.

can i still pet your belly?

no maple syrple on a purple nurple!

She's going to tear you a new one when she sees this post.

Perks
01-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Some of the best ones I've gotten are long gone. Mostly because I used to be cleverer.

But going through the ones I have now, these are my favorites:

1)Ditto the porn! Other people's sex is hysterically funny.

2)Sometimes it's like ____ spreads his cheeks and bullshit falls out. He then smooshes it into his computer screen.

3)A writer you may be, but you've got an editors soul

4)wash the bile out of a jackass's mouth?

5)Ewwww! That was a horrible image! Make it stop!

6)Morning, bitch!

7)Awesome post, Jaime. Damn, when you're pissed, you're positively brilliant...okay, you're always brilliant. Really

8)I tried putting the candy bar through my computer's disk drive... but it got a little messy. *Licking the computer*

9)here's to drunken maturity and a firm grasp on whose getting goosed

10)There's nothing quite like a herd of zombies getting mowed down by helicopter blades.

11)But...your eyebrows do look fantastic.

12)I like your style, chickadee. Pass me the baby aspirin.

13)Try not to keep your data on the same drive as the operating system.......bitch.

14)You're such a writer

15)Gawd! Damien's sister!

16)Fuck them all, Darling. Take a shower and forget it.

17)please don't eat the newbies. most of them aren't ready yet.

18)I see nothing here that suggests you're a child beater. . . . What a shame.

19)did you cook the corn first?

20)damn. you're interacting with our resident troll.

Inky
01-22-2008, 07:48 PM
A random selection...

-The wedding was called off when you refused to be my submissive.
-Poor guy. The only way he'll get into her panties is by wearing them.
-What's your bra size?
-The Christian Forum is Neo Nazi in name only!
-You replaced your RHCP avatar with THAT???
-That's so sweet! Except the killing part... x
-Ruh-roh, here comes Scarlet. Grovel, Kiwi, grovel!
-Just kidding. I'm not that slutty. Really, I'm not.
-Way cool--a face vs breast...wooohooo...oh, hellloooooo, mayte!
-Just like my hubby. He prefers teeth marks to call it memorable. The pair of you are sick. Sort of. In a good way.
-Nice one. He was begging for it.
-Nothing says I love you like a little bum.
-Uh-oh...have we dated?
-you're SUCH a flirt
-Oh akiwiguy, you’re fun to play with. There’s a picture of me next to the definition of deprivation, so I’m ready for my reward.
*blushes profusely*
Ye' listed one o' mine tha' I sent ye'....hehehehe

robeiae
01-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Proof that Rob has a heart. Or, at least, momentary lapses in good judgment.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1593807&postcount=1
That wasn't me.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-22-2008, 07:54 PM
I couldn't resist. Here's some of the funniest rep points I have:

4. Were your parents' names 'Sid' and 'Mabel'? Is so, we're related!

OMG! Sis?

Jcomp
01-22-2008, 08:11 PM
I just think if anyone else would have started a thread about their top 20 reps, it wouldn't have ended up in "scars you can show people the next time you go to the bar."

Christ's sake. Seriously, I think William knows how much I respect him, and I'm sure he took it for the jest that it was.

C.bronco
01-22-2008, 08:24 PM
This thread has given me many well-needed laughs. Thank you guys! I'll add few to the kitty:

3 is my limit on scnitzengruuben, baby.

Why must you torment me?? LOL

I own pink slippers and a 'Hello Kitty' beach towel. HAH!!!

So noted! No Chippendales... prefers orang-utans...

Good thing my son loves Jimmy. Cause he's in mah TV, steelin' Jeff's trophy.

why is everything in 3's? boogity, boogity, boogity, heh, heh, heh, work, work, work

Heeeeee. Who's the little monkey? YOU'RE the little monkey! ::tickles you::

Heh. Wiseacre.

Stew21
01-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Christ's sake. Seriously, I think William knows how much I respect him, and I'm sure he took it for the jest that it was.

I'm sure he does, J.
Look, I already said I didn't mean to stomp in the frosting. I already said that I didn't mean to call anyone out.

I'm the asshole here, and I think I made it clear that I was aware of it.

Can we let this go now?

Jcomp
01-22-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm sure he does, J.
Look, I already said I didn't mean to stomp in the frosting. I already said that I didn't mean to call anyone out.

I'm the asshole here, and I think I made it clear that I was aware of it.

Can we let this go now?

Yes. My apologies Stew. I didn't read the rest of the thread. I'm working on less than 2 hours of sleep because two of my neighbors were apparently in some sort of impromptu "Battle of the Bands via Stereo" until 4am, I can't keep any food down, my throat hurts and I think I'm getting some sort of ear infection. On top of which I'm naturally prone to being a jerk and reacting too quickly to things anyway.

You could never be an asshole Stew. Sorry.

KTC
01-22-2008, 08:51 PM
robieiaieiaieaieiaieiaieiaieiaieiaieiaieiaeiaie repped me just the other day. I was insulted, of course. But rep me, he did. The comment suggested that, BY GOD...that was actually funny...coming from you, someone who isn't normally funny. Wow, GO FIGURE!? That's not what he said, that's the stinky vibe I got from what he said. Still, backhanded or not, robieaieiaieiaeiaieiaeiaieiaieiae loves me.

cray
01-22-2008, 08:52 PM
there is a lot of love in this thread.

KTC
01-22-2008, 08:54 PM

That's what she said.

Stew21
01-22-2008, 09:01 PM
III is working really hard to get onto my top 10 list.
"I'll to stomp in your frosting, honey"

Ok, Jay, you made the list.

Stew21
01-22-2008, 09:01 PM

Let me guess, because you beloved Ink-a-dink mentioned your battery-ness?

III
01-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Most of the reps I receive simply say Up You're's. Each one makes me cry a little harder than the last.

Angelinity
01-22-2008, 09:04 PM
i can't reveal my top-rated reps. it's confidential. torture me all ya want. no. no way. nope.

some of me reps have backfired though. funny, that.

WerenCole
01-22-2008, 09:05 PM
I can't remember last time I repped you Haskins. . .

You don't really bother me nor do I want to kill you. So. . . well. Hi! How are things. Good? Doesn't seem to look that way, with all those angry people wanting your head on a platter.

III
01-22-2008, 09:10 PM
some of me reps have backfired though. funny, that.

I recently sent someone a joke rep that backfired. I think the post was about someone taking his rep as an insult and I repped something like "You send negative reps? What an ass." We had to clear up the whole thing via PM, but I know I totally ruined his morning before the PM'ing.

Angelinity
01-22-2008, 09:12 PM
oh i don't mind repping Haskins. most of his posts are level-headed -- most of them, anyway. just haven't been around much lately (me, that is).

what, people are afraid of Haskins?? huh. why?

robeiae
01-22-2008, 09:19 PM
That's not love. It's frosting.

And Trish's footprints are all over it...hands, too.

Stew21
01-22-2008, 09:25 PM
It is frosting. I popped the balloons too, but I bought some new and I'm blowing them up right now.

Trish, mops up the stomped-in frosting with III's shirt.

mscelina
01-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Since the majority of my rep comments are some variant of "Oooooooh, good one--he's such a *fill in the blank*!" they aren't very funny. (If you want the evil, vicious, catty rep comments about other people PM me) However, I do have some that are quite funny that you might enjoy. I am also listing the party to blame beside each comment.

"You haven't read far enough. Here, have a glass file for your fangs. They'll keep the edge nice and smooth."--Meow Girl

"Youngstown---prison---same thing."--Haggis

"aww thanks. but it is funny about my name. I type it wrong all the time."--melaniehoo

"Why does everyone look like haskins? It's seriously f-ing with my head! "--kristie911

"Hot tea = hot water. And hot water washes away all turds."--Soccer Mom

"Wait! Shouldn't you have sheep driving that bus?!?"--Midnight Muse

"You'll never publish The Reckoning of AssYodle with that attitude."--RumpleTumbler

"I believe you just illustrated why I don't read Faulkner." --JoNightshade

"nice post. bad thread." --erinmiller77

"The original title was: Refelections. And Ferret asked when we would be electing the Refs."--Midnight Muse

Bravo
01-22-2008, 10:21 PM
I am also listing the party to blame beside each comment.

yea...i'm not sure that's the best idea.

but should be fun to watch the storm that unleashes. :D

mscelina
01-22-2008, 10:23 PM
;)

That's why the good rep comments aren't there. *grin*

Voyager
01-22-2008, 10:28 PM
"Why does everyone look like haskins? It's seriously f-ing with my head! "--kristie911

:roll: I got that same rep about 20 times that day...most of them were all in caps and demanding that the responsible party pay for the therapy.

mscelina
01-22-2008, 10:31 PM
:roll: I got that same rep about 20 times that day...most of them were all in caps and demanding that the responsible party pay for the therapy.

*grins reminiscently*

Ah yes...allow me to state for the record that I was NOT the responsible party. I think I was the last one in costume for Halloween, actually. The only person who wasn't scared was...well....Haskins.

I think Soccer Mom was responsible. She's a lawyer; let her pay.

Inky
01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Got Trojan?

writerterri
01-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Guess which one's mine in the top 20.

Here's the only one William sent me.

"Why do you hate me?"

Cry baby.

William Haskins
01-23-2008, 12:34 AM
it was a matter of being a cry baby.

i wanted the recipe so i could bottle it.

writerterri
01-23-2008, 12:50 AM
it was a matter of being a cry baby.

Coagulated blood balls require a wide mouth bottle and a big mouth. Remember that.

:tongue

Unique
01-23-2008, 02:16 AM
good lord. get a room.

that's almost as bad as having phone sex with our favorite rep captain.

ew.

Mai brainz U must wash em.

nerds
01-23-2008, 02:51 AM
I had a V.I.P. one just recently that was such a surprise, so nice, and mattered so much to me that I saved it, since I don't know if after a certain number the rep page fills to the point where it just explodes or what.

It was only five words and it was da bestest. But I wouldn't put it here, with or without attribution. I'm mentioning it just in case they read this thread, just wanted to acknowledge it.

:)

William Haskins
01-23-2008, 04:03 AM
good lord. get a room.

that's almost as bad as having phone sex with our favorite rep captain.

ew.

Mai brainz U must wash em.

what did i miss?

Hillary
01-23-2008, 04:10 AM
Not because anyone but me cares... But here are ten recent (visible) rep points that make me smile. I sadly can’t include my favorites, due to cursing, bashing of other AW members, and certain contractual obligations.

I'll keep them anonymous because you're writers, and writers have good imaginations. Apparently.

"That is just disgusting. Really. You should be ashamed of yourself."
"$75 & a six-pack and I'll consider."
"What - is today 'Rated G Thursday' or something? I feel ill."
"It makes you look slutty. Just sayin'."
"Um... who are you again? Aren't you the 'Chicken Girl'?"
"Only the hollowing out of supermodels, does that count?"
"…you may as well really stab someone"
"Just which drugs are you using??"
"for like almost a full day i thought you weren't a dork,..and then this post....ugh."
"Yeah, I'm guessing "semen" might be a ban-able reply..."

I've left off the ones that just read things like "shut up" "LAME!!!" and "Wanker" but those make me smile too.

mscelina
01-23-2008, 04:15 AM
Isn't it great, though, when you go back and read your rep comments and find a few that make you scratch your head? Then you have to go back and read the thread again and THEN it can be really funny.

Or at least it was for me...particularly some of the more spectacular...er....self-implosions. Then again, I'm known to be just a little mean. ;)

Unique
01-23-2008, 05:11 AM
what did i miss?

that's bad, will.
you're younger than i am.

Magdalen
01-23-2008, 05:53 AM
One time, William answered my rep point question with a PM. I was so excited!!! I clicked and cancelled and waited breathlessly. It said, "no". I re-read every now and then.

William Haskins
01-23-2008, 05:54 AM
you melt me.

all of you.

mscelina
01-23-2008, 05:58 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i293/isabelle_spurrier/haskins.jpg

*flees*

Stew21
01-23-2008, 05:59 AM
you melt me.

all of you.

now imagine Terri Garr - "it's mooch-all"

and then if you really want to you can imagine Madeline Kahn singing the Saints Go Marchin In just because it was the same movie.

jst5150
01-23-2008, 06:22 AM
this is starting to feel like we're saying goodbye or we're roasting to him. which is it?

Magdalen
01-23-2008, 06:23 AM
(snip)and then if you really want to you can imagine Madeline Kahn singing the Saints Go Marchin In just because it was the same movie.

But to me she will always be Miss Trixie De-Lite.

Who threw water on Haskins? He's melting, he's melting!!

William Haskins
01-23-2008, 06:26 AM
But to me she will always be Miss Trixie De-Lite.

http://www.michaelkarmstudio.com/imagesWEB/MadlinPaperT.jpg
"Just this once let Miss Trixie sit up
front with her big tits..."

Stew21
Madeline - "I'm not a wabbit. I need some west."

William Haskins
this is starting to feel like we're saying goodbye or we're roasting to him. which is it?

everything after hello is just a long goodbye.

Stew21
01-23-2008, 06:27 AM
Am I remembering right? Paper Moon?

http://www.michaelkarmstudio.com/imagesWEB/MadlinPaperT.jpg
"Just this once let Miss Trixie sit up
front with her big tits..."

William Haskins
01-23-2008, 06:30 AM
absolutely. great film.

Stew21
01-23-2008, 06:33 AM
you have a cosmic love for Madeline nearly as fierce as that for Dorothy Parker, don't you?

William Haskins
01-23-2008, 06:40 AM
i do.

and it is always you who seems to stir up their spirits...

it's evil and beautiful.

robeiae
01-23-2008, 06:41 AM
you have a cosmic love for Madeline nearly as fierce as that for Dorothy Parker, don't you?
I think he lusts after Madeline. Love is an after-dinner mint...like on most of my dates.

Stew21
01-23-2008, 06:44 AM
Rob - just so long as you are as memorable as the dinner mint, I think you've got a good thing going.

;)

William - do I need to change my avatar again? I have a Madeline or two stored in my "alternate avs" file along with dorothy, and kate hepburn.

William Haskins
01-23-2008, 06:45 AM
yes. be madeline.

it will comfort me in my dark hour.

robeiae
01-23-2008, 06:47 AM
good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going good thing going

Unique
01-23-2008, 06:54 AM
talent.

that's what we have here. pure dee talent.

Stew21
01-23-2008, 06:56 AM
i need a better madeline av. (it's twu)

going to search.

Stew21
01-23-2008, 07:02 AM
yes. be madeline.

it will comfort me in my dark hour.

taffeta darling.

taffeta sweetheart.

no. the dress. it's taffeta. it wrinkles so easily.

William Haskins
01-23-2008, 07:02 AM
that's the one. thank you.

Stew21
01-23-2008, 07:10 AM
no tongues.

KTC
01-23-2008, 07:16 AM

put your lips together and blow.

Stew21
01-23-2008, 07:26 AM
mmm....To have and have not.

Steve and Slim.

Stew21
01-23-2008, 07:28 AM
"you've got it mister." thanks quickWit. What a great rep for sweet Madeline. :roll:

Rolling Thunder
01-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Cleanup on aisle #176.

Melted Haskins, bring a mop...

Eskimo1990
01-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Most of my reps are smileys from Mel...and hi's and lol....but here are a few of my favorites :)

I always listen to the voices in my head. The most intelligent conversation I hear all day. :)

hey, Skisy, :) I miss you too when you're not on. Yeah, I was around. :) Hope you had a super day. I got an acceptance for a greeting finally, so it made me happy. L&H

There's probably some sort of 12 step plan for this, but you have more than 12 smileys, so I'm just stumped. How's about I give you a little kiss and then run away because I'm like that?

Eskie is the most awesomest repper ever!! :)

I can rep you though! :D:D:D That so doesn't sound right though... Dang it!

More rep until you catch me? Nah, I'm ancient. Afraid you need another groupie before you catch me. Hee hee.

sorry I didn't reply quicker. I was caught up in something. I do hope you feel better. But just think...he's just some guy, and the real prince charming is only a few kisses away. :) NIGHT!

There are more, but like I said, most of mine are just silly smileys :)

Susie
01-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Think I don't get sexy rp's. This is one I will treasure, but I'll keep my platonic bf a secret. :D OOOOOOOlala.

Oddly enough, my darling, I love you platonically as well. Even though I know you're sexy. I'd just brush your hair aside, kiss the nape of your neck, and ride off into the sunset. On my bicycle, of course. You will always be in my heart.

KTC
01-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Cleanup on aisle #176.

Melted Haskins, bring a mop...

We were never in aisle #176!

brokenfingers
01-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Cleanup on aisle #176.

Melted Haskins, bring a mop...Bring a scraper.

Stew21
01-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Are you sure that's melted Haskins. I thought it was the left over frosting.

KTC
01-23-2008, 04:20 PM
sweet.

Haggis
01-23-2008, 04:38 PM
One time, William answered my rep point question with a PM. I was so excited!!! I clicked and cancelled and waited breathlessly. It said, "no". I re-read every now and then.

That's classic.

Unique
01-23-2008, 05:07 PM
i need a better madeline av. (it's twu)

going to search.

ahem. JMO - she doesn't look right as a blonde. who is that?

no tongues.

take the fun out, Stew. Sheesh.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Who's up this week?

William Haskins
01-23-2008, 05:08 PM
i'm a minimalist. it's my curse.

Unique
01-23-2008, 05:11 PM
i'm a minimalist. it's my curse.

but we love you for it.

it is that to which we all aspire. especially the wordiest among us.

we other minimalists strive for your economy - it's priceless.

Stew21
01-23-2008, 06:42 PM
ahem. JMO - she doesn't look right as a blonde. who is that?

take the fun out, Stew. Sheesh.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Who's up this week?

I'm used to seeing her with shorter hair (Young Frankenstein).

(which is where the "no tongues" came from.)

Maybe I just should have said "Woof".

quickWit
01-23-2008, 06:45 PM
There's a hamper in the closet just for socks and poo-poo undies.

Just had to say that.

Carry on.

William Haskins
01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Maybe I just should have said "Woof".

or:

Oh. Where you going?... Oh, you men are all alike. Seven or eight quick ones and then you're out with the boys to boast and brag. YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! Oh... I think I love him.

William Haskins
01-23-2008, 07:25 PM
why is this ad above my CP / rep points?

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CJuVmJm-prbUiQEQ2AUYTzII_h4S1AgWqUk

Stew21
01-23-2008, 07:27 PM
it's above my cp/rep points too.

C.bronco
01-23-2008, 07:30 PM
There's also
"Say Bob, do I have any openings that this man might fit?"
and
"Ah, but the servant waits, while the master baits."

Angelinity
01-23-2008, 07:47 PM

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CJuVmJm-prbUiQEQ2AUYTzII_h4S1AgWqUk

wow, how many per page, 12? that means... at least 264 cute faces to look at when you get... well, lonely.

Haggis
01-23-2008, 08:01 PM
I've got a date with # 13 tomorrow night.

jst5150
01-23-2008, 08:02 PM
The AW Cult of Haskins is in full swing with this thread. Fun to watch.

Angelinity
01-23-2008, 08:19 PM
I've got a date with # 13 tomorrow night.

lucky 13?

Stew21
01-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Mrs White: Yes, I did it. I killed Yvette. I hated her so... much... it... it... the... it... the... fee... flames... flames... on the side of my face... heaving... breathless... heaving breaths...

Angelinity
01-23-2008, 08:50 PM
i really miss Madeline.... a true original.

Stew21
01-23-2008, 08:53 PM
me too. I always loved her because my dad always loved her. for a good many years I considered her the most beautiful woman in the world - and she was funny besides.

quickWit
01-23-2008, 08:55 PM
i really miss Madeline.... a true original.

She played a great Cocker's daughter in High Anxiety. She brought dignity to the role.

Angelinity
01-23-2008, 09:08 PM
can't remember when i first saw her perform.... but i remember how i reacted: simply stopped in the middle of whatever i was doing and gawked like a 2-year-old. i think i was in awe.

William Haskins
01-24-2008, 05:07 AM
She played a great Cocker's daughter in High Anxiety. She brought dignity to the role.

beautifully stated and quite true.

rugcat
01-24-2008, 05:47 AM
i'm a minimalist. it's my curse.Could you expand on that?

SpookyWriter
01-24-2008, 06:23 AM
Oh pleaseeessseee....no...

Rolling Thunder
01-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Could you expand on that?

:ROFL:

Unique
01-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Think I don't get sexy rp's.

me neither. <snif>
but I got this one:

"Hey, U, you must get hit on like crazy, but it's fun, I think, right? Yeah, I luv the comments, but that's it.. "

all I can say is: 'Once upon a time, in a land not so very far away ... there lived a ....

Because they're Hawt; they're being repressed, and they need your help. Please make a note of it.
Thank You.

Stew21
01-25-2008, 05:02 PM
I've got a new rep point I'd like to add to the list:

(on the event of 9000 posts):

"whoa. 9000. It might be time to get back to . . . writing?"

juneafternoon
01-25-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm afraid to ask, but how many rep points does everyone here have?

Don Allen
01-25-2008, 05:28 PM
HOLY SHIT! I think Haskins made me #1.... Back to the BOOZE IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!

Unique
01-25-2008, 05:59 PM

i can't count that high

HOLY SHIT! I think Haskins made me #1.... Back to the BOOZE IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!

uh oh oi
let me join you.
got scotch?

paprikapink
01-25-2008, 08:51 PM

There's a little magic you can do to get a general idea ... rest your cursor directly under the word "Post" in the post count under the person's avatar. You have to really park the cursor and not move it for a second or two. A little text box pops up with a message. The message changes as rep points accumulate. I think it starts with "well respected" and ends with "so great we've run out of compliments." Somewhere around here is a "scale" of how many rep points equal which message.....

And a cool thing that I recently accidentally discovered is that when I googled "paprikapink" my rep point message came up. Considering all the dumb-ass posts I've made, I'm glad that that's what shows up on the search page.

juneafternoon
01-26-2008, 12:26 AM
^ That's cool. I was trying it with several people but I can't seem to see mine or Don Allen's. How weird :(

paprikapink
01-26-2008, 12:28 AM
"juneafternoon is well-respected"

Ya gotta play with it sometimes. I think the newer the person, the farther left you need to put your cursor. But let's not talk about blobs.

cray
01-26-2008, 12:28 AM
it says "juneafternoon is well respected."

eta: i'm too slow

Unique
01-26-2008, 03:40 AM
"juneafternoon is well-respected"

Ya gotta play with it sometimes. I think the newer the person, the farther left you need to put your cursor. But let's not talk about blobs.

yes. let's not. i told zack we wouldn't without him.
where is he anyway?

Monkey
01-26-2008, 03:40 AM
Try to rep yourself and you'll find out exactly how many reps you have. Also, if you double-click under the word posts, a little spot shows up. Put your curser there and a message will pop up.

Monkey
01-26-2008, 04:01 AM
My top ten in no particular order...

~Some people arrive here and just BELONG. You're a keeper.
~I'm impressed. I didn't have this much patience. Shame I don't think she's going to come back.
~WOOT WOOT!
~Oh dear, dear, Monkey... Thanks for baiting while I was asleep
~An utterly beautiful post. Thank you.
~OMG you win it all!!!!!!!!!! ::dies laughing::
~That's an instant classic!
~U kan haz Cheezeburger!
~...Wanna be my magic monkey?
~thanks! your critique was tremendous!

Sarita
01-30-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't have my all time favorites, they're in the database.

Here are some of my current faves:

1. I'm sure you're a heretic...

2. You are so lovely. Thank you.

3. Can you be less attractive? You're very distracting.

4. Isn't that where you're supposed to do it?

5. Sara, if Finn gets any cuter I'm going to have to eat him.

6. Hi Sara,my dream mod.. We still have ARod. Whew!

7. I feel gypped!

8. What drugs are you on?

9. Who's Jude Law?

10. Hey Sara, no feelin' like a bug. Have a super day. Luvya, hugs

C.bronco
01-30-2008, 11:34 PM
I have to try this....
Wow! I'm double platinum! Just like Kiss!

Little Red Barn
01-30-2008, 11:52 PM
Congrats William and you too Trish on your 9,000

Mine top here, although like Sara, I lost many.

Who?

Nuh-uh, kimmi. I demand that you enter! (Wait... I can't do that? *bummed* )

I love you.

:roll: You are evil.

Save it, Kimmi! Save it!

Kimmi, this is really good work you have done here--the picture you paint is so poignant that I feel as if I've just seen an entire movie conveyed with your few words.

rep fer yer hearts :D

bitch

For loving the Dixie Chicks. I'm from Lubbock and I never stopped liking them.

boo hiss

Well, explain it to me, willya?

best. story. ever.

just because.

Damn it, kimmi! I knew you quoted that on purpose. You wait, I'll get you back! :D

I purchased the thrill for you. :D

I will have you--your barn someday.

praying for you and your sis

I made it up :D

I disagree, but loves ya. :D

nitey night!

robeiae
06-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Had to share this doozy:

Rob, you ignorant slut!

I am NOT ignorant!

Liam Jackson
06-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Mind if I post my top ten, Will?

StoryG27
06-03-2008, 10:44 PM
For Haskins, and this ONLY works for Haskins, number 15 was the best, IMO.

"Ever think of working for Hallmark?"

Hallmark w/ Haskins, oh yeah, that'd be grand.

James81
06-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Top 20:

In no particular order:

1. We are lone voices in a sea of femininity (militant sometimes)

2. Ah. Now I understand. That's called homophobia.

3. LOL. You've started a damn war !

4. You like those skinny little blondes, don't cha? :P

5. Laughing so hard I'm crying... You've just convinced me to put off having kids for another couple of years...

6. Bunnies indeed! James, you are absolutely one of my favourite posters at AW. I always enjoy what you have to say (even when it's controversial). So thanks!

(^ That one made me smile REAL hard)

7. Good! You're down to one "lol" and it was fake!

8. Now you're being willfully dense.

9. You just can't stop offending people, can you? :P

10. alright *sigh* this suggestion makes up for the fork joke. you're back on the good boy list

11. Seriously, dude, don't rep me again.

12. good thing I like ya, else I would be forced to take a wet kitchen towel and snap it across your backside for this post

13. Haha!!! I love the "Pretty Nuns!"

14. Don't waste your time. Soon, she'll plug her ears and say, "wah-wah-wah-wah-wah...."

15. never underestimate a good fart :P

16. yeah, yeah. James, it's not *what* you say, it's *how* you're saying it. capice?

17. You creepy dork! :P

18. AWWWWW. Isn't that CUTE. James is a sweet little bunny rabbit. LOL

19. Teaches you to never ask for Dare again, now doesn't it?

20. Sounds like I'd fit right in your club!

SpookyWriter
06-03-2008, 11:12 PM
For Haskins, and this ONLY works for Haskins, number 15 was the best, IMO.

Hallmark w/ Haskins, oh yeah, that'd be grand.Hey, he said the same thing to me once. :rant:

Mr Flibble
06-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Top some number.

I think we should bottle you, IRS, and sale you as literary guru ( NO!!! DON’T LISTEN TO ME, I’M AN IDIOT FFS!!)

There's something very... Norse... about thinking that brutalization is fun

Is there a Drunken Wizards Anonymous?

exploding turnip rep!

Some nice, right-wing redneckery there.

steaming... out... boobs... *head explodey!*

I got to zero and you know what??? I was Alexander the Great! My favourite Eunuch!!!! Come back to me!!!

A big huggle? Cheating on me already I see.

Wow. That says a lot about you that you would even care if people were offended. I'm really impressed. (<---that one makes me feel all gooey)

They use marmite to make mummies? That does explain alot... :}

yeah... I figured you were lyin about the innocent part

Seriously, are you in my head?!? LoL, I am glad you are making my points so logically!

I think the world would be a better place if we all spoke like Captain Kirk.

For single handedly destroying my bad day.

I am stunned, STUNNED, at your ignorance. Or were you being provocative?? ( I was being subtle k? Maybe too subtle….)

Wireless hamsters!

And people keep mixing me up with NerdsRUs too, which makes for some odd comments :)

Sarita
06-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Had to share this doozy:

Rob, you ignorant slut!
I am NOT ignorant!
:) But I get points for the slut side of it, yes?

I have a few new faves:

-5'-10" barefoot? You ARE an amazon. And a beet lovah. Marry me? :D

-I luv you too, Sara, but in a purely platonic way.

-Feel the magic, hear the roar, Thundercats are loose! :D

-♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

-How very fucking dare you!! Fuck me, how rude! Fuck!

-That is absolutely unbelievable! What the hell was he saying? Did he give you any indication before he started to take his pants off? WTF?

-Wow. Sara. This is humbling, striking, moving poetry. Wow.

-Starring Kathy Bates as Sara Spock & James Caan as Derek Jeter?

-And another thing - get your hand off Jeter's ass! This is a public forum. Children are watching.