Stop papering your walls with refection letters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blnwilson

Banned
Reaction score
As a first time writer it is almost impossible to find an agent or a publisher in today's economic climate. In 2004 175,00 books were published and only 340 editors purchased works from first time Authors. Let me repeat that ONLY 340 FIRST TIME AUTHORS WERE TRADITIONALLY PUBLISHED IN 2004.

Why do most of the members of this board keep bashing the idea of paying to get published???

Why should we let the "Publishers" and "Agents" inability to see the value in our work keep us from taking steps to become a published author???

If we like what we have written, don't we owe it to OURSELVES to see if we can make something of it???

There is nothing quite like holding your own beautiful book in your own hot little hands.

These days, Publishers only want Authors who have proven they can sell books and they are unwilling to take a chance with someone who can't or doesn't know how to promote. Whether an Author is published traditionally or pays to publish their own book, the Author is required to do most of the work in promoting their book. This is a cold, hard fact.

If you pay to publish your own book and then can prove with actual sales figures that you know how to promote and sell books, you have a big foot in the door. Agents also love to see and hold a polished and finished book with a track record of sales.

Why whittle your life away sending query letters and manuscripts and then worry if you have enough wall space to hang all the rejection letters. If you really believe in yourself and have the ability to promote the sales of your own book, then get off your duff, have your book professionally edited, make sure you have a cover that sells, find the right company and PAY TO GET PUBLISHED. You will never look back.

Blane

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
I have posters on my walls. Right now, Puss in Boots from Shrek 2, Futurama, Paranoia XP and The Incredibles. They're more colourful than rejection letters, as well as more cheerful. And if I ever need to, I can recycle the Blu-Tack.

Status
Not open for further replies.