PDA

View Full Version : The Three Things Thread

Little Red Barn
01-20-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm always trying, like most, to find tips, advice, remedies and or products which work, make my life easier, more fun so I can be more productive, have more time for AW writing. :D

I'll start, with three of mine.

I can't do w/o Gorilla Glue. It is without a doubt a staple of my life. The other day, the metal fly of my jeans flipped of. I would have tossed the jeans, but I glued the metal button back on my jeans with the Gorilla stuff. It'll be there long after the threads are gone. WARNING, it will bind concrete and a little will go a longgggg way! They should build skyscrapers with this stuff.

Teabags; not only do I love tea, it's a great, quick fix for dark circles, baggy writer eyes. Wet teabag, place in fridge till cold, then place on eyes. Voila, instant, course potato slices work just as well. ;)

Radica's 20? Artificial Intelligence Game.
For 7.00 you're in for a treat, an amazing little game that destresses, amuses, it'll blow you away. I love giving these as gifts.

Next?

Maryn
01-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Three things that have changed the way we eat.

Minced garlic in olive oil. We go through this stuff fast, whereas "real" garlic cloves usually sprouted untouched.

Pan searing flour. It's not just flour but some sea salt and spices I can't ID. Even boring stuff (god, chicken again?) gets better with this involved in the preparation.

Diet ranch dressing. It's a salad dressing. It's a dip. It's an underlayer for breading chicken, pork, or seafood before baking.

Next up with three things that make life better?

Maryn, ready to go again

maestrowork
01-20-2008, 11:04 PM
iPod

Roadster

Toaster Oven. I love my toaster oven!

KTC
01-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Three things, eh? hmmm?

Pocket sized notepads: The writer in me needs these.

Bac-Chek Athletic Equipment Disinfectant and Deodorizer: The hockey dad in me is relieved to have finally found something to make that hockey bag a little less demonic. It works, folks. Take it from a Canadian who has had his fair share of stinky hockey bags.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31s1kNmzNhL._AA280_.jpgPataks Vindaloo Curry Paste: Finally a busy family can have excellent Indian on a work night!

Devil Ledbetter
01-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Sea salt.

My Morning Jacket's The Tennessee Fire.

Stalking KTC.

Bravo
01-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Teabags; not only do I love tea, it's a great, quick fix for dark circles, baggy writer eyes. Wet teabag, place in fridge till cold, then place on eyes. Voila, instant, course potato slices work just as well. ;)

thank you.

i've been planning and outlining a thread asking how to get rid of dark circles for the past couple weeks now.

it's a major concern.

winter + studying is wrecking me.

now i need some good tips on keeping my face moisturized.

things are just falling apart in this -10 weather.

:(

Bravo
01-20-2008, 11:38 PM
yes i did just write that.

akiwiguy
01-21-2008, 12:02 AM
now i need some good tips on keeping my face moisturized.

things are just falling apart in this -10 weather.

Swap. New Zealand is not a hot country but this is a good summer, and our house is hot. Day and night. When I woke up this morning, I was moisturised! Drenched. It is getting to me a bit.

Susie
01-21-2008, 12:12 AM
My bed
My television
My computer

(Thought I was going to say chocolate, huh:))

Kerr
01-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Chocolate! Ha! Hershey's M&M's. Got a bucketful beside me as I speak that I must get up and put away.

Bathrobes Soft and cuddly.

Notebooks Any size, as long as I can cram them into my jumbo-sized purse.

Akuma
01-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Laptop.
Headphones.
Scarf.

With these, I can do anything. Or at least feel as if I could.

Williebee
01-21-2008, 12:59 AM
Three things --

Jump Drives: (call them a flash drive, thumb drive, removable disk, whatever) They are tool box, back up file storage, briefcase and work desk, all stuck in the pocket of my jeans. Their only natural enemy is the washing machine and a forgetful user.

A warm coat

A good pair of sneakers.

The last two go together, in more ways than one. First because, with them, I can go looking for ideas anywhere, most anytime. And because they are a reminder to pay heed to lessons as they present themselves. I had been told repeatedly to spend the money on good tools and clothes the first time, but never was patient enough to save up for them. I was over 40 before I spent more than my age on either shoes or a coat. The money isn't what made them great. But, like the man said "You get what you pay for."

I've had the same coat ever since, and "my feets don't fail me now." :)

Little Red Barn
01-21-2008, 01:13 AM
yes i did just write that.
Bravo, buy a jar of vaseline, cheap good fix for hands and face during winter, put on at night, no fancy 100.00 mall wrapped store creams needed. :)

Maryn, I'm with you on the olive oil and yeah it makes a good hot-oil hair conditioner when heated.

Mom'sWrite
01-21-2008, 01:16 AM
Three fabo items that make me feel better...

HOT water

HOT water coming right out of the taps

HOT water that never ends because we stepped up and installed instant hot water heaters in the house.

Devil Ledbetter
01-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Three things --

Jump Drives: (call them a flash drive, thumb drive, removable disk, whatever) They are tool box, back up file storage, briefcase and work desk, all stuck in the pocket of my jeans. Their only natural enemy is the washing machine and a forgetful user.
AKA my husband.

I washed his entire wallet the other day.

Maryn
01-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Woolite Dark Wash, or whatever its real name is, for keeping blacks black. (Turn them inside out first.) Cold water, nothing light in color in the load. Goths and metal heads, salute me!

Zout stain remover, not to be confused with the vastly inferior Shout. Leaves the various Oxy-whatevers in the dust.

Color transfer inhibitor sheets. I haven't turned anything that got into the wrong load a new pastel color since I started using these.

Maryn, whose laundry is piling up, come to think of it

III
01-21-2008, 08:06 PM
*pokes head in*

Sorry, I thought you guys were talking about my things.

*leaves quitely*

NeuroFizz
01-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Swiss Army Knife (for just about anything)

The Kids' bedtime (for writing productivity)

A Little Fizzette hug (can defeat any kind of frustration)

Jersey Chick
01-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Purex Mountain Scented detergent with color-safe bleach (I have two kids who inherited my messy gene) - this stuff gets everything out - whether you pretreat or not. And it leaves everything smelling sooooo good. :)

Penzey's Shallot salt - makes everything taste yummy.

Anything fleece - because our house is a little drafty and I like to be comfy, cozy without having to turn the heat up to 85 :)

imagoodgurl4
01-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Notebooks of any size so I can write down ideas when they strike me.

Coffee. I don't know what I would do without coffee. Curl up in a ball and die most likely. ;)

And the GPS system my dad and stepmom got me for Christmas for my new car. I no longer suck at directions.

jst5150
01-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Sirus Satellite Radio. I'm probably the company's biggest shill spokesman.

Day-planner calendar. I've used Palm, iPaq and other digital organizers. Didn't work. So, just a nice 6 x9 or so paper flip calendar. But just the calendar. I can keep contacts organized in Outlook.

Google. There. I said it.

Angelinity
01-21-2008, 09:26 PM
coffee first thing in da morning.

cigarettes, yup!

red :D

Angelinity
01-21-2008, 09:32 PM
red wine, wine!!!

sheesh.

Devil Ledbetter
01-21-2008, 10:35 PM
*pokes head in*

*leaves quitely*Toldja it was pronounced "three." :D

Finni
01-22-2008, 03:42 AM
The 'Off' button to my cellphone

Darts and a dartboard to help me think when I am stuck with my story

Voice recorder in case my brain is working faster than my fingers can write

WendyNYC
01-22-2008, 03:48 AM
My CrackBerry

Herbes de Provence - my kids will eat any vegetable sprinkled with it

Malibu 2000 shampoo - I swim a lot and my hair is straw without it.

Jersey Chick
01-22-2008, 03:54 AM
*pokes head in*

*leaves quitely*

Yanno - I just got this... yikes...

time to dye my hair dark... :D

Little Red Barn
01-22-2008, 05:54 AM
Lip Fusion XL
Old Friends bootie slippers,ohhhhhhhhhhh, heaven
Anything fleece

DWSTXS
01-22-2008, 07:00 AM
Pizza
Cheeseburgers
Dr. Peppers

wait.........now that makes me sound like a fat slob...........

okay................alternate list

Laptop
Headphones (for listening to my tunes)
wikipedia (for research)

TrainofThought
01-22-2008, 07:05 AM
Crest paste for zits.
Bounce sheets = wipe them along your patio furniture and leave them under your outdoor tables and chairs to keep away the bees.
Aluminum foil, baking soda and vinegar to clean jewelry.

Little Red Barn
01-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Crest paste for zits.
Bounce sheets = wipe them along your patio furniture and leave them under your outdoor tables and chairs to keep away the bees.
Aluminum foil, baking soda and vinegar to clean jewelry.
Good ones!
Chalk. Draw a straight line across an entry where those tiny ants are coming in and they won't cross it! Good if you're out of Ant spray.

Jersey Chick
01-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Oh - toothpaste (any kind, as long as it's paste and not gel) also takes scratches out of glass (I've used it on my glass topped coffee table) and you can use it to clean diamond jewelry (engagement/wedding rings especially). And it fights the Cavity Creeps - can't get any more useful than that, eh? :D

choppersmom
01-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Pantene shampoo and conditioner. I would never show my face if it was surrounded by hair treated with anything else.

Schick Intuition razors. The darn thing has the shaving cream right there in it, and you just zzzzippp, and the hair is gone. The first time I used it, I thought, hey, I can't even feel it touching me, this thing sucks. Then, I looked at my armpit - no easy feat - and OMG ponies, there was zero stubble! Smooth as a baby's hinderparts. Amazing. Plus, the shaving cream part moisturizes, so there's almost no razor burn after, and your legs will be touchable soft.

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. You just wet the thing, and rub it on anything dirty. Then it's not dirty anymore, and you're pretty much done!

I love a product that lives up to its advertising. It happens so infrequently that it's nice to have a place to praise the things that make a positive impression. Thanks!

JLCwrites
01-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Le Creuset sauce pan - (Cooks anything, anywhere)
Yoga pants - (Mmmm cozy)
Baby wipes - (cleans just about anything.)

Mom'sWrite
01-22-2008, 09:48 AM
1. Built in DVD player in my car.

2. Naps-not that I get any, I've just heard the stories.

3. The one and a half glasses wine buzz.