PDA

View Full Version : A favor to ask from Mac users

nancy sv
01-20-2008, 04:10 AM
We are working on a new section of our website and I'm wondering if I could ask a favor of you Mac users... We are trying to use Comic Sans as the font on that page, but we aren't sure how it comes through on the Mac. Would you mind going to www.familyonbikes.org/educate (http://www.familyonbikes.org/educate) and see how the font looks?

What's the name of the Comic Sans font for Mac?

Thanks for your help!

imagoodgurl4
01-20-2008, 04:19 AM
I'm not really sure how you mean "how it looks" but it looks fine to me. It loaded no problem and the flash of pictures works fine. And the font looks fine, too.

Smiling Ted
01-20-2008, 04:22 AM
the font looks fine, although there is blank space on the left side of the page.

nancy sv
01-20-2008, 04:25 AM
We are going to put a bulletin board on the left side, but don't have that up yet. My husband wasn't sure what the Comic Sans font would look like on the Mac - he didn't know if it would come up normally or if it would end up with some weird something. I'm glad it looks OK - thanks so much for checking it out!!

lpetrich
01-20-2008, 04:32 AM
I'm running OSX Tiger PPC, and the page works fine in the latest versions of Safari, Firefox, and Opera. The slideshow did not work in Internet Explorer 5.2, but the typography was nevertheless correct, Comic Sans and all.

The font file is "Comic Sans MS" and is in directory /Library/Fonts

JoeEkaitis
01-20-2008, 04:36 AM
It's on every Mac running OS X, along with all of the Microsoft Core Web Fonts. Bill and Steve are tighter than they're letting on. :)

nerds
01-20-2008, 04:37 AM
Looks good to me. Everything came up immediately, both photos and text. I have one Mac running on OS Tiger and one on Leopard - it came up perfectly on each, Comic typeface and all. :)

(It's Comic Sans on Macs as well.)

nancy sv
01-20-2008, 04:46 AM
I suspected that it was Comic Sans on Mac, but wasn't absolutely positive. Glad to hear it's coming through OK!!!

Medievalist
01-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Comic Sans is one of the nine "standard" Mac and Windows fonts; any Mac user on OS 9 or OS X will have it.

Chumplet
01-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Looks good to me. How colourful and jolly your website is! I'll check it out in more detail later.

A common font that is similar to Comic Sans in the Mac world is Tekton.

nancy sv
01-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Looks good to me. How colourful and jolly your website is!

Thanks Chump!! We've been working on it ALL day - I can't look at it anymore! I'm glad it looks good.