• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Critical feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z. W. Van Kleeck

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
EDIT: the genre is Fantasy

I am writing a series of short stories about a traveler and the contents of his Bindlestiff. The audience is perhaps too broad, but I consider it something cute and interesting to read as an adult, and something adventurous for a youngster (ages 8-20 something round about. Key audience being the younger, of course.)

Each story I am trying to keep around 1500 or so pages. Some stories are of course more interesting than others.

I have 3 of the short stories in enough semblence for critisism on structure and such. if ANYONE would read these and let me know honest opinions I would appreciate it, however, I dont want someone to read it and plainly tell me "Oh, it's cute." I'm looking for someone to bust out the "Why the hell would you say that? it doesnt even make sense because..." I take that better than nice little pokes at thought error.

If someone is willing to look into my stories and offer advice and insite PM me with your e-mail and I will send you however many of the short stories you are willing to critic.

(i am trusting that you will not steal my work. From what I understand this is a psuedo-professional forum, so I expect a level of that professionalism to be shown here.)

Thank you,
Z. W. Van Kleeck

Last edited:

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
No problem. You might want to read a few threads there before you post, just to get a feel of the type of responses people give. It's also good to read a few other stories people have posted and give your own feedback. It's the circle of life :D

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
I am writing a series of short stories about a traveler and the contents of his Bindlestiff.

Each story I am trying to keep around 1500 or so pages.
I assume you mean 1500 or so words? That many pages would be a bit much for a short story.
As mentioned, the Share Your Work forum is a wonderful place to get all sorts of feedback on stories.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
ZW, I'm porting this thread up to the Beta Readers, Writing Partners, and Advisors forum. It's a good place to post when you're searching for people to crit on a more one-on-one basis.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think you'll get a far better response by using SYW. If nothing else -that Forum tends to keep folk in 'check'.

Status
Not open for further replies.