PDA

View Full Version : If You Found Out Your Spouse Was...

astonwest
01-17-2008, 07:38 AM
cheating on you...

Preferably not with your sibling...

SpookyWriter
01-17-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm not married. So what?

astonwest
01-17-2008, 07:42 AM
Then, don't vote...silly!

SpookyWriter
01-17-2008, 07:43 AM
But what about a future wife? I might get lucky someday and meet up with a woman. What if she's already cheating on me? This is too complicated. I'm going to bed.

Haggis
01-17-2008, 07:44 AM
I think my gf's been cheating on me with Spooky.

SpookyWriter
01-17-2008, 07:47 AM
I don't do Poodles.

astonwest
01-17-2008, 07:47 AM
But what about a future wife? I might get lucky someday and meet up with a woman. What if she's already cheating on me? This is too complicated. I'm going to bed.Then I suggest a prenup.

Don Allen
01-17-2008, 07:49 AM
I have never understood the I'll kill you atitude of people who's spouses have cheated. My theory is very simple, Either you want to be faithful or you don't, if you don't we move on. You can't make someone love you. Same for me, if I feel the need to cheat, its time to say goodbye....

SpookyWriter
01-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Then I suggest a prenup.How do you get a prehump from a woman you haven't met yet? I'm not much on spatial realities. Please explain.

Haggis
01-17-2008, 07:51 AM
I don't do Poodles.

I wasn't talking about my mistress, I was talking about my girlfriend.

astonwest
How do you get a prehump from a woman you haven't met yet? I'm not much on spatial realities. Please explain.Before you go out looking for women, I highly recommend an eye exam.
;)

Silver King
If I found out she was my long lost twin sister, I'd suggest we renew our vows every month or so.

SpookyWriter
01-17-2008, 07:53 AM
I wasn't talking about my mistress, I was talking about my girlfriend.Sniveling rivalry. Same difference.

SpookyWriter
01-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Before you go out looking for women, I highly recommend an eye exam.
;)That is advice my attorney gave. He's just as thrifty with logic. Thanks

maestrowork
01-17-2008, 07:55 AM
I think my future wife is cheating on me with her now-husband. I still may love her though.

PattiTheWicked
01-17-2008, 07:57 AM
I honestly think that happy people don't cheat. If your spouse is cheating, it's a symptom of a much bigger problem.

SpookyWriter
01-17-2008, 07:57 AM
I think my future wife is cheating on me with her now-husband. I still may love her though.The paradox here is that you're future wife is my future wife and I already said she was a tramp. She's all yours, Ray.

SpookyWriter
01-17-2008, 07:59 AM
I honestly think that happy people don't cheat. If your spouse is cheating, it's a symptom of a much bigger problem.Happy people have the most reason to cheat. Why sad if you can be had by many. Sad people only made bad sandwiches and lousey whine.

KTC
01-17-2008, 08:02 AM
I would never cheat on my wife. Tit for tat sounds outrageous to me. I know my wife would never cheat on me. She was 15 and I was 17 when we first went out. I'm 41 now...this question is a non-question to me. It's not going to happen. And yes, I can confidently say Never in this instance.

melaniehoo
01-17-2008, 08:05 AM
I have never understood the I'll kill you atitude of people who's spouses have cheated. My theory is very simple, Either you want to be faithful or you don't, if you don't we move on. You can't make someone love you. Same for me, if I feel the need to cheat, its time to say goodbye....

My husband and I are the same way. We've both said if it's something you must do, say goodbye first.

SpookyWriter
01-17-2008, 08:08 AM
I agree. Goodbye.

maestrowork
01-17-2008, 08:08 AM
The paradox here is that you're future wife is my future wife and I already said she was a tramp. She's all yours, Ray.

What if your future wife's now-husband is my ex-wife's future husband's future wife's ex-husband. Then what do you have to say?

KTC
01-17-2008, 08:11 AM
What if your future wife's now-husband is my ex-wife's future husband's future wife's ex-husband. Then what do you have to say?

I know what I'd say...leave my Goddamned dessert alone. I will not order two forks, you rude gauche ninny!

Silver King
01-17-2008, 08:14 AM
I honestly think that happy people don't cheat. If your spouse is cheating, it's a symptom of a much bigger problem.
That's what I believe also. But I've been tempted before, and I mean really tempted, yet never followed through and was glad I didn't.

It doesn't mean it's a sign of a bigger problem. It just means we have weak moments, like others do I'm sure, and we can talk ourselves out of making truly horrific decisions.

The only one I really regret not following through with happened in Key West...;)

SpookyWriter
01-17-2008, 08:15 AM
What if your future wife's now-husband is my ex-wife's future husband's future wife's ex-husband. Then what do you have to say?I don't do sloppy temporal seconds.

KTC
01-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Love is living. Living love. Mrs. KTC calls me John. I call her Yoko. She calls me Frankie. I call her Annette.

Oddly, we both like peanut butter, beach blanket bingo and lying in bed naked protesting war.

maestrowork
01-17-2008, 08:20 AM
People cheat for various reasons. Humans are not "built" to be monogamous. We're genetically polygamous. It's culture, social mores, etc. that keep us monogamous. Given the right circumstances, people may give in to their instincts (and then regret doing it). Like SK said: "weak moments" but is it really "weak"? According to whom? In what culture? Monogamy only works when both parties agree to it.

Now "cheating," by definition, is not whether you have sex with someone else other than your spouse, but whether you break a promise. Most people promise monogamy to each other, and promise total honesty. "Cheating" becomes cheating when that promise is broken.

Again, human sexuality is complex. There are all types of relationships. Some don't require monogamy. To them, there's no cheating. It's all agreed-upon sexual conducts.

maestrowork
01-17-2008, 08:21 AM
I don't do sloppy temporal seconds.

Virgins are very hard to find these days. You may need to go overseas.

SpookyWriter
01-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Virgins are very hard to find these days. You may need to go overseas.Just wait until I get reincarnated.

Bravo
01-17-2008, 08:36 AM
chances are, 70% of married men at AW have cheated on their wives and about 30% of married women have cheated on their husbands.

so let's just wait and see what happened w/ them...

;)

SpookyWriter
01-17-2008, 08:37 AM
chances are, 70% of married men at AW have cheated on their wives and about 30% of married women have cheated on their husbands.

so let's just wait and see what happened w/ them...

;)How can you be sure. Do you have photos?

JoNightshade
01-17-2008, 08:39 AM
If my husband ever cheated on me (which he won't, like SilverKing, I think I can say this without a doubt - weakness or not, it's a choice), it would only be a moment of supreme weakness and he would probably be begging my forgiveness with tears running down his cheeks. So I think I would probably be able to forgive him for that.

Once.

SpookyWriter
01-17-2008, 08:43 AM
But what if they were twins?

ZannaPerry
01-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Am I the only one who voted to get back at your spouse and cheat right back? A bit immature, but that's where my mind was heading to when I read it the original post.

Umm, in all good sense, I would get a lawyer.

Mom'sWrite
01-17-2008, 08:55 AM

"Happy men don't go to war." Boris Pasternak

I agree with Patti, but "happy" is a relative term. My ex was completely contented with bedding every available waitress who would grant him access and then coming home to me. Apparently, I was the only one who was unhappy about the arrangement.

paprikapink
01-17-2008, 09:04 AM
This is one of those answers that can morph over the life of a marriage.

If my husband cheated on me and I wasn't affected by it -- like a drunk encounter on a business trip, an isolated, one-time freak (and freaky!) occurrence, life would go on. I'd be pissed and he'd pay, but we'd stay married.

HOWEVER, if he were stealing time from me and our kids to be with someone else and was lying about where he was and what he was doing...I'd have a harder time with that. Being lied to would hurt me more than the infidelity to tellya the truth. Even so, I'd have a hard time splitting up without at least trying get over it. If you've got kids and you've been married a long time and your finances are entertwined for life, divorce is not a cure for anything. It's a new disease. It may be the disease you'd prefer to live with, but it's hell to go through and to live with afterwards too IMHO.

maestrowork
01-17-2008, 09:06 AM
"Happy people don't cheat."

and

"People truly in love won't just run to the lawyers, or cheat back" either.

So if you pick either #1 or #3, I think you have something to think about your relationship.

kristie911
01-17-2008, 09:07 AM
I think my future wife is cheating on me with her now-husband. I still may love her though.

I'm not married, silly! :D

maestrowork
01-17-2008, 09:09 AM
OK, my future wife WAS cheating on me with her then-husband. :D

kristie911
01-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Oh yeah, I was.

Silver King
01-17-2008, 09:11 AM
If there are any single men out there who want to know what it's like to have women fawn over you, get married. No kidding. They'll suddenly come out of the woodwork, wondering where you've been all this time.

I'm only being slightly sarcastic when I say that I really never had more chances at flings until after I was married. That's one of the great ironies of life, I suppose.

Another irony I outgrew was believing that getting laid was the beginning and end all of everything that held truth in this life. It's still important, but it doesn't consume my thoughts anymore.

maestrowork
01-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Another irony I outgrew was believing that getting laid was the beginning and end all of everything that held truth in this life. It's still important, but it doesn't consume my thoughts anymore.

Being elderly helps. ;)

/ running /

Mom'sWrite
01-17-2008, 09:23 AM
I suppose I would have to divorce him, but only because he cheated and he didn't have to. We may carry on with whoever we choose, the only caveat is that we give the other the heads-up first. The deal is that I'd rather know if someone else rings his bell then find out later that he's been deceitful. I've had it up to my eyeballs with deceit already, thank you very much.

Silver King
01-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Being elderly helps. ;)

/ running /
Yeah, maybe I'm worn out. But I still try like hell!

Bravo
01-17-2008, 09:26 AM
If there are any single men out there who want to know what it's like to have women fawn over you, get married. No kidding. They'll suddenly come out of the woodwork, wondering where you've been all this time.

I'm only being slightly sarcastic when I say that I really never had more chances at flings until after I was married. That's one of the great ironies of life, I suppose.

i've heard other guys say this, but a part of me wonders if they either:

a) exude more confidence because they're now in a stable relationship or

b) they were always hit on by girls, but now they notice it more because there's no longer of even the chance of it going anywhere.

Bravo
01-17-2008, 09:27 AM
and doesnt anyone have open marriages anymore?

Silver King
01-17-2008, 09:35 AM
i've heard other guys say this, but a part of me wonders if they either:

a) exude more confidence because they're now in a stable relationship or

b) they were always hit on by girls, but now they notice it more because there's no longer of even the chance of it going anywhere.

a) I have no confidence, so if I say women are hitting on me, it's the truth.

b) There's always a chance, always, to cheat on your spouse. But would you? Could you? I can't, but that's just me. Besides, she's the best lover I've ever known, so it's easy to stay home...

Bravo
01-17-2008, 09:44 AM
i have to say though, that married people should be required by law to be easily identifiable.

it's annoying when they dont wear their rings.

wear it before someone tattoos you.

kristie911
01-17-2008, 10:05 AM
and doesnt anyone have open marriages anymore?

If they do, they don't talk about it.

rugcat
01-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Being elderly helps. ;)Actually, it does. In my youth, much of my life was consumed and controlled by relationships and sex. When you get older, it's not so much that you get wiser than it is your testosterone level drops. The difference between wanting sex and needing sex is night and day, and I wouldn't go back to the angst and drama of my twenties for anything.

Well, maybe for a week.

Unique
01-17-2008, 01:08 PM
You need more choices, aston.

Yeah - maybe yes, maybe no.

I was dating a man once ( long ago and far away ). The relationship went on for quite some time. Then he told me he was living with someone else and planned to marry her. I saw her engagement ring before she did.

hmm.... I still say he picked the wrong one. They're divorced now. She cared, I didn't.

I told him, 'As long as I hear about your affairs from you and not someone else - what. ever.'

Would this be true for any other man I've had in my life? - not hardly. I still can't figure out why I'd have let him and not others. Clues, guesses, and theories welcome.

Mr Flibble
01-17-2008, 03:03 PM
I couldn't pick any of those. If my hubby cheats, he's getting the frying pan, right round the back of the head. :) When he wakes up he'll be on an oil tanker on the way to God Knows Where.

Luckily for him, he's not the cheating sort, neither am I.

Joycecwilliams
01-17-2008, 04:28 PM
I think you should have "Other" for a choice. I neccesarily wouldn't call a lawyer 1st thing. However I wouldn't take them back 2 or 3 times. I also wouldn't cheat because that would just be dragging more people into an already dismal relationship.

You also have to look at entirety of the relationship. Are children involved? How long the relationship? Have they been there for you? Cheating is usually a sign that something else is wrong in the marriage...

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-17-2008, 04:53 PM
I always promised Ol' Boy he wouldn't have to look anywhere else for something he wanted 'cause I'd provide it right here at home. So... if he's got anything else left to share with another woman after I get through with him, it'd be a miracle.

And why do women hit on married men? One reason, I believe, is it's a challenge.

KTC
01-17-2008, 04:58 PM
I always promised Ol' Boy he wouldn't have to look anywhere else for something he wanted 'cause I'd provide it right here at home. So... if he's got anything else left to share with another woman after I get through with him, it'd be a miracle.

And why do women hit on married men? One reason, I believe, is it's a challenge.

I have never once been hit on...not once. I must be ugly enough to be lucky to have snagged somebody early.

maestrowork
01-17-2008, 06:09 PM
III must be ugly

Do I really have to answer that?

Joycecwilliams
01-17-2008, 06:39 PM
You need more choices, aston.

Yeah - maybe yes, maybe no.

I was dating a man once ( long ago and far away ). The relationship went on for quite some time. Then he told me he was living with someone else and planned to marry her. I saw her engagement ring before she did.

hmm.... I still say he picked the wrong one. They're divorced now. She cared, I didn't.

I told him, 'As long as I hear about your affairs from you and not someone else - what. ever.'

Would this be true for any other man I've had in my life? - not hardly. I still can't figure out why I'd have let him and not others. Clues, guesses, and theories welcome.

My guess is that you truly loved him, unconditionaly. Having been married for way too long, I think there is a time in a relationship where love is the most important thing. Sex is Very Important don't get me wrong. However if you man meets your needs emotionally, sexually etc.. a screw with another woman isn't going to take you to court. It is something that as a couple you work on. I am not approving of cheating... just trying to be realistic.

maestrowork
01-17-2008, 06:59 PM
To me, it's not just black and white. Intellectually and emotionally, it's also a different matter. And every relation is different. Sometimes a marriage is more about security and companionship than love and sex, too. A friend of mine: she told me she didn't care if her husband had sex with other women. She really didn't -- in fact, she preferred it that way. She's just not very sexually motivated and she knew her husband had needs. But when her husband fell in love with a younger woman, she went ballistic. Sex was fine, but love wasn't. It also threatened her position as the wife and her security in the marriage (financially and socially). I am not convinced she actually loves her husband.

She's actually quite typical -- many Chinese woman would tolerate their husband's infidelity as long as their position as #1 wife is not threatened. They would even tolerate their husband taking a mistress. Culturally speaking, "cheating" is not much of a taboo -- it's more of an inconvenience.

Now, women who cheat -- that's an entirely different matter. Chinese men don't tolerate that, at all. In the past, women who cheat (and their lovers) were punished by death. Now? Mostly social shunning. Yeah, a whole lot of double standard, you say. Damn right.

paprikapink
01-17-2008, 07:08 PM
I've often heard that about women "coming on" to married men. I'm sure there's some truth to it for some women. Maybe they don't have the confidence to know who's worth going after till he's got the "Good Housekeeping" seal of approval.

But I also know that it's often easier to relax and be comfortable and let your guard down around someone when the issue of "are we going to mate?" is off the table.

And I've had plenty of conversations with boyfriends who told me they knew I was into them when... [insert casual remark or gesture that had NOTHING TO DO with being "into" anyone here]. For some men, the mere sense that a woman has let her guard down is presumed to be a come on (but not you, Silver King).

Conversely, I know getting married improved my relationship with men in general tremendously. I had never learned to just relax and relate to men as people while I was single. If I could go back and live my life over again, that's experience I'd try really hard to bring to my younger self: relax! you don't have to fuck everybody!

Mr Flibble
01-17-2008, 07:11 PM

Probably, but the man doesn't have to say yes, does he?

quickWit
01-17-2008, 07:11 PM
I'll answer if you all swear...SWEAR...not to tell my wife. OK? Alright, if I found out Ms. Wit was cheating on me I think I'd forgive her. We've been together for 20+ years and I couldn't just throw that away. We have children, and being a child of divorced parents I wouldn't want them to go through that trauma.

Would our marriage be what it is today? Absolutely not. But I can't imagine not having her with me.

maestrowork
01-17-2008, 07:17 PM
I've often heard that about women "coming on" to married men. I'm sure there's some truth to it for some women. Maybe they don't have the confidence to know who's worth going after till he's got the "Good Housekeeping" seal of approval.

I also know married women who "come on" to single men. Nothing wrong with a bit of flirting... but going through with it is an entirely different matter. I have to say I've gotten close a few times -- not a very good place to be, actually. Now I try to avoid such situations. Alas, I'm for some reason attracted to married women. LOL. Woe be me.

maestrowork
01-17-2008, 07:24 PM
If they do, they don't talk about it.

Yes they do. ;)

And ditto what Bravo said. If you're married, wear the ring! It's confusing enough for the singletons. Don't make it more difficult and embarrassing.

tjwriter
If I found my husband was cheating, I'd pack up and leave. No revenge, no draining his bank account. When the court saw us, I'd try to divide things as sensibly as possible and without the petty arguments over who gets the old ugly chair.

I've told him before that should he ever feel the need to cheat, I'd rather us end the relationship first. There's no point in it.

However, I still think we could be civil and near possibly friends. For the sake of our daughter, I'd rather not drag things out and make it painful. It would bad enough to begin with.

I've seen too many divorced people who target each other with glee at destroying the other person, and I'm just not that person.

Williebee
Cheat? I can't afford the women in my life now.

:)

Lyra Jean
01-17-2008, 07:39 PM
I'd give my spouse one chance and only if he wanted it. Otherwise, goodbye, where's the lawyer.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Probably, but the man doesn't have to say yes, does he?

Absolutely not.

But.

I firmly believe, given the right set of circumstances and a determined woman, ANY man will (eventually) say 'yes'.

Even Ol' Boy.

Silver King
01-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Absolutely not.

But.

I firmly believe, given the right set of circumstances and a determined woman, ANY man will (eventually) say 'yes'.

Even Ol' Boy.
Add enough alcohol, and you can include me with Ol' Boy. That's why I never drink away from home. It also cancels out driving while intoxicated.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-17-2008, 08:15 PM
That would be one - but only one - of the 'right set of circumstances' required. Having been that 'determined woman' before I met Ol' Boy... I know whereof I speak.

Jongfan
01-17-2008, 08:16 PM
This thread is perhaps one of the most interesting I've seen yet.
I think according to where you are in your relationship, be it new, several years or eternity, the responses will reflect. When I was first married, my answer would have been to kill him , drain his bank account and put a curse on his afterlife. After 20 something years.. you learn a few things. You can admit that both have been tempted. I know I personally have not given in. Can I say the same for him? I will never know. As SK says, there is always opportunity. I can honestly say, if he were to stray, I'd wish him well. No drama, no threats. I would move on and begin my next phase of life.

mscelina
01-17-2008, 08:22 PM
It's not really an issue for me and mrcelina. Quite honestly, since I've tended bar for two decades I've seen more marital infidelity than I care to remember. I think that if he cheated on me I'd beat him senseless, but I sort of have to assume that if he cheated he'd already be senseless...because he knows I'd do it. If that makes sense...

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-17-2008, 08:25 PM
I have never once been hit on...not once. I must be ugly enough to be lucky to have snagged somebody early.

I had to come back to this one, Sebby. I bet you have been hit on and you missed it! Ol' Boy had one after him several years ago (may she rest in peace), and he missed ALL the signals. He could see them when they were pointed out to him, but I guess I had him so worn out, he was blind. ;)

KTC
01-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Well...I think I would have noticed. People have hit me over the years...but I don't think anybody's been hitting on me. BTW...when I read circumstances in your post upstream I thought it said circumcision...I thought, "Oh boy! OFG is an extremist after all!"

ETA: Of course it is possible I missed it like you said. My wife says I'm sometimes dumber than the hole the treestump comes out of. Head in the clouds and what not.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Ultimately, I suppose 'circumcision' could, actually, be involved... consequences, y'know? There are always consequences.

maestrowork
01-17-2008, 10:59 PM

Even Ol' Boy.

Men are pigs.

I'm very proud of my sex.

(And no, I won't tell you my stories. Buzz off. Wait for my biography when I'm dead.)

Red-Green
01-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Add enough alcohol, and you can include me with Ol' Boy. That's why I never drink away from home. It also cancels out driving while intoxicated.

ding ding! That's my policy as well. I only drink at home or in the company of Mr. 'Zilla. I am a bad and dangerous woman when drunk.

maestrowork
01-17-2008, 11:36 PM
I am a huge flirt and wild man when I'm drinking. I haven't really drunk in public since 2003.

Unique
01-18-2008, 01:33 AM

Gee. I always thought it was because the woman didn't find out til .. what's that word ? Fragrant Delectico? ;)

My guess is that you truly loved him, unconditionaly. Having been married for way too long, I think there is a time in a relationship where love is the most important thing. Sex is Very Important don't get me wrong. However if you man meets your needs emotionally, sexually etc.. a screw with another woman isn't going to take you to court. It is something that as a couple you work on. I am not approving of cheating... just trying to be realistic.

Smartest theory I've heard so far. Believe me - I've pondered it. For a Long, long time.

She's just not very sexually motivated and she knew her husband had needs. But when her husband fell in love with a younger woman, she went ballistic. Sex was fine, but love wasn't.

She's actually quite typical -- many Chinese woman would tolerate their husband's infidelity as long as their position as #1 wife is not threatened. They would even tolerate their husband taking a mistress. Culturally speaking, "cheating" is not much of a taboo -- it's more of an inconvenience.

Now, women who cheat -- that's an entirely different matter. Chinese men don't tolerate that, at all. In the past, women who cheat (and their lovers) were punished by death. Now? Mostly social shunning. Yeah, a whole lot of double standard, you say. Damn right.

huh. i agree. guess i should have been born a chinese guy. who knew?

Conversely, I know getting married improved my relationship with men in general tremendously. I had never learned to just relax and relate to men as people while I was single. If I could go back and live my life over again, that's experience I'd try really hard to bring to my younger self: relax! you don't have to fuck everybody!

but it's still okay if you want to, right?

:roll:

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-18-2008, 01:43 AM
Men are pigs.

I'm very proud of my sex.

(And no, I won't tell you my stories. Buzz off. Wait for my biography when I'm dead.)

Cheat! Bait and switch! Unfair! I want the stories NOW. There could be blackmail opportunities available. :D

davids
01-18-2008, 01:52 AM
Hang em from the highest tree-baby don't cha weep for me!!!!

Lyra Jean
01-18-2008, 01:54 AM
I had a boyfriend cheat on me with my "best friend" then he broke up with me. Then he spread around college that I was a slut and a whore. He spread around my church that I was possessed by a demon. I was in South Carolina when this happened. He had standing in the church ( I don't know why). So it's possible that people believed him.

At least until I told him that a demon cannot be in the presence of Jesus so either I wasn't possessed or Jesus was not present in our church. That shut him up real quick. After a few people at college asked me if the rumors were true. ( I didn't know these people) and a quick trip to campus security ended the whole whore/slut drama.

The_Grand_Duchess
01-18-2008, 03:23 AM
IF you have to cheat then you need to end the relationship. And no trying to go back when you see the greener pastures aren't that green.

And when you leave, be honest and upfront with your reasonings. Don't make things harder with lies, that other person has feelings, whatever they may be and yes, they do need to know why you're doing what you're doing.

I don't abide by that sort of thing. Cheating, lying, none of it. I would get a divorce becuase I know that I would never get over it. I could never get past it. When he was late home from work, when he wanted to go out with his friends I would ALWAYS think he was with that other woman. Always. No matter how much I loved him, I could never forgive him. I could never trust him.

That's just me.

Kerr
01-18-2008, 04:40 AM
I say all of the above. People who discover they're being cheated on are not rational.

Unique
01-18-2008, 04:43 AM
I say all of the above. People who discover they're being cheated on are not rational.

Why do you think i told him, 'Just tell me first, okay?' No need to come unhinged. :D