If You Found Out Your Spouse Was...

Cheating Spouse? What to do?

• Call your lawyer! (ka-ching)

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Give them another chance (or two or three).

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tit for tat (cheat right back)

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
But what about a future wife? I might get lucky someday and meet up with a woman. What if she's already cheating on me? This is too complicated. I'm going to bed.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
I have never understood the I'll kill you atitude of people who's spouses have cheated. My theory is very simple, Either you want to be faithful or you don't, if you don't we move on. You can't make someone love you. Same for me, if I feel the need to cheat, its time to say goodbye....

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I honestly think that happy people don't cheat. If your spouse is cheating, it's a symptom of a much bigger problem.
Happy people have the most reason to cheat. Why sad if you can be had by many. Sad people only made bad sandwiches and lousey whine.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I would never cheat on my wife. Tit for tat sounds outrageous to me. I know my wife would never cheat on me. She was 15 and I was 17 when we first went out. I'm 41 now...this question is a non-question to me. It's not going to happen. And yes, I can confidently say Never in this instance.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I have never understood the I'll kill you atitude of people who's spouses have cheated. My theory is very simple, Either you want to be faithful or you don't, if you don't we move on. You can't make someone love you. Same for me, if I feel the need to cheat, its time to say goodbye....

My husband and I are the same way. We've both said if it's something you must do, say goodbye first.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
What if your future wife's now-husband is my ex-wife's future husband's future wife's ex-husband. Then what do you have to say?

I know what I'd say...leave my Goddamned dessert alone. I will not order two forks, you rude gauche ninny!

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I honestly think that happy people don't cheat. If your spouse is cheating, it's a symptom of a much bigger problem.
That's what I believe also. But I've been tempted before, and I mean really tempted, yet never followed through and was glad I didn't.

It doesn't mean it's a sign of a bigger problem. It just means we have weak moments, like others do I'm sure, and we can talk ourselves out of making truly horrific decisions.

The only one I really regret not following through with happened in Key West...;)