PDA

View Full Version : The official Night Owls thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

mdin
03-11-2005, 01:47 PM
1) Why are you up this late?

2) Why are you looking in this thread when you should be writing?

1 - I'm at work.

2 - I'm lazy and unmotivated right now. I've also spent the last 1/2 hour watching the new Star Wars trailer over and over again.

rich
03-11-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm not up this late, I'm up this early.

Anatole Ghio
03-11-2005, 02:32 PM
The question isn't why I am up so late, but why does every one else go to bed so early?

- Anatole

Nivvie
03-11-2005, 02:32 PM
It's 10.30am. If I wasn't up I'd be a slob.

And probably lose my job....

CindyBidar
03-11-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm not up this late, I'm up this early.

Thank you Rich. I was beginning to think I was the only morning person here!

Alphabeter
03-19-2005, 02:04 PM
When I'm hot on a bender, time become irrelevent.

And I'm a natural night-owl (even stayed up all night being born and then slept 'till noon after) for whom daylight tends to be gremlin-like (very bad for me mogwai).

Also, every sleep through a cat heaving by your head?

triceretops
03-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Well how do you like that! I come here expecting to creepy-crawl the night with someone and what do I see? Ain't no green here, not a soul.

Triceratops

Anatole Ghio
03-19-2005, 05:35 PM
The first hint of purple is begining to appear in the sky, the rain is over, and I have just finished my writing for the night.

Ahh, the life of the writer...

- Anatole

Renee
03-20-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm up working on my website! I have the weekend off from work and I am usually awake until 3 am. Of course tonight I'm sick (two days), so I can't sleep - not restfully.

:welcome: *Waves to all the night owls*

Birol
03-20-2005, 12:03 PM
1. Define 'late'.

2. I can't write until I finish some other stuff. Besides, I'm full of self-doubt tonight.

Linoge
03-20-2005, 12:34 PM
01. Why are you up this late?

Honestly? Because I'm planning furtively the assassinations of Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, and John Lennon. But don't tell anyone, because the last bunch of people I need riding my back is the governmental type.

02. Why are you looking in this thread when you should be writing?

Why? Why? You're asking me this? Why? Pfft. Well, I don't know why. But if I did know why, I'm almost certain it'd be a clever answer.

mdin
03-20-2005, 01:57 PM
I haven't gotten any decent late-night writing done lately. Why? Because I recently bought a new computer and have spent the last month catching up on two years' worth of video games my last computer was too slow to play.

I just finished Halo. :guns:

MacAllister
03-20-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm almost always up this late. What a fine idea this thread is. Yet another cat-waxing technique...THAT'S what we all need...

Melina
03-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Yet another cat-waxing technique...

Far better to wax the cat, than to screw the pooch.

MacAllister
03-20-2005, 03:04 PM
:roll:

ritinrider
03-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Melina :ROFL:

Why am I up this late/early? Woke up at 5, was supposed to sleep in this morning. But nooooo, I have to go and wake up. So, like any good writer, I'm here at AW stalling. Actually, I came to read the "idol" entries, just haven't made it there yet.

Nita

Anatole Ghio
03-20-2005, 04:07 PM
I only had minor editing to do tonight (Saturday doesn't count as a writing day for me)... so I'm just about to go to bed. I've been surfing for a little. Who else in on right now, and why are you here instead of in the club with yo peeps!

MacAllister
03-27-2005, 11:37 AM
And here we are again...

Renee
03-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Hey are you people awake? LOL...

Fractured_Chaos
03-27-2005, 11:47 AM
I'm always awake this time of night. I'm naturally a night owl.

Besides, I'm a redhead. Sunlight is a terribly cruel thing to do to someone like me. I'm always afraid I'll burst into flame, and be reduced to nothing but a pile of ashes.

MacAllister
03-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Ahh! Drgn--how's that cutting and pruning job going, on your nice short story? <eg>

JennaGlatzer
03-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Me too (always up this late, I mean, not a natural redhead).

Why I'm not writing: I don't know. Something's wrong with me. I can't get away from these boards. I swear I will, then something compells me to hit "reload." I am very disappointed with my willpower tonight. I did get some work done, but spent most of the last 16-or-so hours right here. I think it's because I want to make sure I'm right here when someone posts about PA's demise. It could take at least 3 minutes for someone to inform me by e-mail. I'd feel so behind.

MacAllister
03-27-2005, 12:29 PM
aHA! Jenna, I thought I hadn't seen you log off at all, today...over the course of my OWN 16+ hours here....:o

JennaGlatzer
03-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Someday, I will unearth the post from waaaay back in the archives where Mac was a newbie and talking about how she could never imagine getting all the way to 100 posts (or was it only 50 posts?). I mocked her inwardly then, too. I knew we had a good'un on our hands, and we never let the good'uns get away.

Galoot
03-27-2005, 12:44 PM
It's either this or spend time with the kids. All that "Daddy, please spend time with us. Daddy, we love you. Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" crap gets on my nerves.

I am writing. I'm just taking another break. I schedule them every 30 seconds.

Birol
03-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Dang! You mean when people talk about going to bed "early", they're not talking about waiting until sunrise?

Fractured_Chaos
03-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Ahh! Drgn--how's that cutting and pruning job going, on your nice short story? <eg>

:gone:

I just took a break! Honest!

Renee
03-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Oh no, this thread is not to going to die so quickly!

**Back to tha top**

And Jenna you are truly an inspiration, (to those that bother to see why, because you are) so you hang in there and fight the good fight! I'm cheerin' for ya!~

Renee

:)

MacAllister
03-28-2005, 12:25 PM
heheh--and here we are again. How is everyone this fine post-Easter morning?

Birol
03-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Finished the homework that is due tomorrow and sitting here watching Guys & Dolls.

Anatole Ghio
03-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Interesting article in the NYT today about night owls. It dispells the notion that morning people are more likely to have success than night owls, claims the prediliction for one over the other is genetic, and says night owls tend toward the arts for professions -- presumably because it is more suited to their schedules.

Check it out if you get the chance.

- Anatole "Really should be writing instead of on AW"

JennaGlatzer
03-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Neat! So what you're saying is...

We're real artistes! Insomnia makes you more creative! And it's all our parents' fault!

BTW: Y'all have cheered me up more than I can say.

It does not hurt that Anthony bought me about 400 pounds of dark chocolate today, which I am eating by the handful, but mostly, it's your support that's making me happy. :Sun:

We started a new Easter tradition this year: The whole family went bowling. What geeks we are! And what lousy bowlers, too!

Birol
03-28-2005, 01:02 PM
LOL. If it wasn't for AW, I wouldn't have even realized it was Easter weekend.

Fractured_Chaos
03-28-2005, 01:07 PM
It was Easter?! :Smack:

mdin
03-28-2005, 07:08 PM
last night I went to bed at about 10 pm. It was earliest I went to sleep in probably six months. It was also the first time I've been awake during the 7-8 AM block in forever. My head is still swimming.

CACTUSWENDY
03-28-2005, 08:17 PM
PERK!.....Chocolate? (Have to find out where Jenna lives so i can 'share' with her)
I average about 4-5 hours sleep a day. Would love to sleep the 7-8 hours some folks get to do. I think folks that create tend to have a 'different' style of life then the average people. For me, the mind stays on 'overdrive' for really long periods of time.
This AW site is really putting a crimp in my awake time now. Seems like I am coming here allllll the time. Heaven forbid I miss out on the latest news. :snoopy:

Galoot
03-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Anthony bought me about 400 pounds of dark chocolate todayYou know that tip in your Author Photo thread about shrinky-butt-cream? Buy two tubes. :D

Happy post Easter, everyone.

Anatole Ghio
03-29-2005, 03:58 PM
It is 4 AM my time and I am still up. Why, you ask, when any rational and sane person would be in bed if they had only got 3 hours sleep the night before from staying up late, writing on a story for their blog?

Why... because I am working on yet another story!

I've been at it for 2 hours already and I am just now trying to put together the end... I just need to figure out what that will be!

Will somone remind me again why we do this?

Alphabeter
03-29-2005, 06:16 PM
I've tried sleeping 'normal' and then I end up staying 'up' to my hours. Then I ended up being awake 40 hours at a crack and then crashing for 10 before starting all over again.

Then I tried to rise and sleep with the sun. When the sun set, I got up. When the sun rose, I went to sleep. But the pesky calendar kept moving and now the sun is up more than down and unless I'm doped up on cold pills, I can't sleep that long.

So now I'm trying this plan:
I get up when its time to go over to my grandfather's. (I do this Sundays through Thursdays) I have supper [my breakfast] with him.
After I leave his house, I run the soft errands I can do at the 24-hour places.
I return home and "work" [surf the 'net] and "research" [AW forums]. I eat lunch during this time.
By this time my gym is open and I go swim before all the creme-rinsed people cloud it up. I drink one of my canned fruit homemade smoothies (this is important as this food regimen seems to be helping me shed 14 lbs so far this year) and lots of water (all 'day').
Back home, I watch Judge Judy, Judge Joe and Judge Milian (People's Court) while getting the regular house crap done. I eat a lot of veggies since they're easy handfood and I can keep them on me should I have to go some place thats only open during "normal" hours.
By now its 11 am and I go to sleep until 5:30 pm.

Now if I were to 'flip' this, I would literally need to be asleep by 9:30 pm in order to be up by 6:30 am-which doesn't work since I don't leave Grandpa's until 10. Also, I seem to need more sleep during "normal" sleep cycles.

Anyone else notice this?

Or should I just edit this under the TMI reason?

Anatole Ghio
03-29-2005, 06:59 PM
It is 4 AM my time and I am still up. Why, you ask, when any rational and sane person would be in bed if they had only got 3 hours sleep the night before from staying up late, writing on a story for their blog?

Why... because I am working on yet another story!

I've been at it for 2 hours already and I am just now trying to put together the end... I just need to figure out what that will be!

Will somone remind me again why we do this?

It is now 7 AM my time, and I just finished downloading the last revision of the piece onto my blog. This was one of those crazy nights where everything shifted around once I began the process of revision.

For anyone keeping track at home, if you click on the link to my blog under my sig down below, the only parts of the story to survive the first draft are the first paragraph, and the second paranthetical aside. There used to be a whole page of text... all gone, once I started to edit.

Everything else got written and re-written from about 12 AM to 7 AM.

I also had to cut the story into two parts for length. I don't like posting anything longer than a page on my blog, and I would still be working on the piece to finish it if I didn't decide to post it in seperate parts.

Hopefully, it should only be one more part to be put up in the next couple of days (finger crossed).

Okay, I'm off to bed to get some much needed sleep. Wheeew!

- Anatole

Anatole Ghio
03-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Yes, I know... go to bed already!

I was doing some checking of my e-mail and it occured to me to add one more thing about my piece before finally crashing out. Sometimes little behind the scenes stuff about process is as interesting as the writing itself.

I finished the first draft and it was only an impression of a fashion show. When I started re-writing it last night, I fleshed it out to be about a fashion designer. This led me to web surf to find an appropiate model to base the character on. I googeled "Strangest Fashion Shows in History" and after poking around, came upon the designer "Hussein Chalayan".

A fashion prodigy who won Designer of the year fresh out of Art school, he is as liable to take inspiration from architecture or critical theory, as from fashion history. He is quite bold yet simple in his designs and is willing to take risks. He once held a show where the clothing was designed as furniture! The models came on stage, climbed into the furniture and walked off the stage wearing the chairs and tables as dresses and skirts.

As crazy as this sounds, the reviews of the show were astounding and he won Designer of the Year as a result.

He then went on to do a show where the clothing came from him drawing sketches while blindfolded! I combined these last two bits into the little detail of him winning an award for having a show with the critics blindfolded.

So as absurd as these little details may read in my story (the character's name of Saddam Charlatan sounds purely fantastical, for instance... but is based upon Hussein Chalayan), they were actual fictionalized from a real source.

So there ya go... in case you were wondering!

Now to finish this piece once I've actually got the well needed sleep I keep moaning about!

- Anatole

Galoot
03-29-2005, 10:38 PM
I can easily sleep 12 hours and stay awake for 20, over and over again. If it weren't for the fact I have kids and a wife who all have human circadian rhythms I'd throw out all the clocks in the house.

This whole business of sleeping for eight hours and being awake for 16 never works for me. I've been trying my whole life. I think I was born on a planet with a 32-hour day.

MacAllister
03-29-2005, 10:42 PM
heh--I thought they shut this thing down every morning when the sun comes up. Guess not. :D

Kudra
03-30-2005, 12:03 AM

I'm on a break-out-of-insomnia-and-act-like-a-normal-person mission. So today is officially my last day as an insomniac. Okay, I said that yesterday, but really, I'm trying to change. No, seriously!

What is this-- 20 questions? Geez, I'm going alright? :poke:

And did you guys have to mention chocolate AGAIN? I've SO been trying to cut back, and you just made me get another piece. Darn you people! {takes another bite}

:scared:

Renee
03-30-2005, 08:00 AM
heh--I thought they shut this thing down every morning when the sun comes up. Guess not. :D

Hehe..Mac, I thought that was the case myself.
:poke:

SRHowen
03-30-2005, 08:27 AM
hmm, well, I stay up till 2 am banging away at my WIP, and try to stay away from here or I never get anything done.

Shawn

Alphabeter
03-30-2005, 09:39 AM
Work? Sleep? Food?

I knew I was forgetting something all the hours I'm here.

Good thing that fat hairy thing keeps jumping into my lap or I'd have a real stinky mess!

Poppy
03-30-2005, 09:40 AM

1 - Not sleepy yet...but gradually getting there.

2 - Curiosity. :D

maestrowork
03-30-2005, 09:43 AM
So here's where everyone hang out after dark, eh?

MacAllister
03-30-2005, 09:48 AM
yepper. :)

maestrowork
03-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Good thing that fat hairy thing keeps jumping into my lap or I'd have a real stinky mess!

Heh don't talk about me like that!

Fractured_Chaos
03-30-2005, 10:35 AM
So here's where everyone hang out after dark, eh?

I "hang out" all over the place.

Which might explain all the citations I keep getting for indescent exposure.

Galoot
03-30-2005, 10:39 AM
I love this thread.

Liam Jackson
03-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Rayster, why am I not at all surprised to find you here? ;)

mdin
03-30-2005, 11:02 AM
I "hang out" all over the place.

Which might explain all the citations I keep getting for indescent exposure.

Wow, I don't even need my coffee now! That woke me right up.

MacAllister
03-30-2005, 11:03 AM
I think you're attracting a collection of fans, drgn. :)

Fractured_Chaos
03-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Cool! Guaranteed book sales! :ROFL:

*Wow, what they say -is- true!*

CACTUSWENDY
03-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi night owls.....what's up?....:)

Fractured_Chaos
03-30-2005, 11:27 AM
I am! :D

MacAllister
03-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Hiya Wendy--just hanging out and stalling instead of productively writing away like disciplined and dedicated souls...actually, I did my thousand words tonight...so I get to play, now. :)

paprikapink
03-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Can you hear my husband snoring?
:Wha:
-pkpk

MacAllister
03-30-2005, 11:36 AM
Oh my gosh, pkpk--is THAT what that noise is? I THOUGHT it was a really weird time of year to be hearing thunder...

Galoot
03-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh my gosh, pkpk--is THAT what that noise is? I THOUGHT it was a really weird time of year to be hearing thunder...Speaking of which, do you get thunderstorms in Seattle(ish)?

We don't get them up here a couple hours north of you. Lots of wet without the noise. I moved here five years ago from the plains, and that's what I miss the most. :(

mdin
03-30-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm actually at work right now. Just waiting for it to calm down some, and I'll spend the last hours writing.

MacAllister
03-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Hardly any, Galoot. But we really did have little thundershowers this afternoon. Once in a while we get a thunderstorm in the summer if it's very hot. Typically, though, we just get rain.

Galoot
03-30-2005, 11:48 AM
We got two rumbles last autumn. That's it. I hopped around and clapped my hands like a little girl to hear it.

It's neat living nestled between mountains, because one peal can echo around the hilltops for a good three minutes.

MacAllister
03-30-2005, 11:51 AM
I moved out here from Montana three or four years ago. My gawd we had some spectacular thunderstorms there. And hail. heh. And lightning storms without any rain or hail...intense.

CACTUSWENDY
03-30-2005, 11:55 AM
XX...where do you work....in Tucson...(so i can call your boss and rat on ya....):snoopy:

Fractured_Chaos
03-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Speaking of which, do you get thunderstorms in Seattle(ish)?

We don't get them up here a couple hours north of you. Lots of wet without the noise. I moved here five years ago from the plains, and that's what I miss the most. :(

What part of the plains?* I'm still out here in OKlahoma, and it's getting that time of year! I'm so happy when spring comes for the thunderstorms. I'm weird...I love them!

*And no, I'm not stalking you! :wag:

mdin
03-30-2005, 12:07 PM
XX...where do you work....in Tucson...(so i can call your boss and rat on ya....):snoopy:

lol. I'm not tellin'!

They know what I do, and they don't mind as long my work is Mary Poppins... practically perfect in every way.

Galoot
03-30-2005, 12:07 PM
What part of the plains?*
Alberta. It's nice, if you like flat. I spent 20 some-odd years there and was itching to get me some ocean, so we moved west. That's the great thing about writing, huh? Just up and leave. As long as there's a post office where you're going, you're set.

*And no, I'm not stalking you! :wag:
You just lost a book sale.

Fractured_Chaos
03-30-2005, 01:12 PM
You just lost a book sale.

Well, dang!

But hey, I'm flexable~

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/evil/teu01.gif

Patricia
03-30-2005, 01:32 PM
. . . I'm single.

Why am I reading these post instead of writing -- still grieving for my book tied up with PA and my work in progress is grieving for me to finish it! Trying to wake my muse up! I think muse keeps regular hours. ;)

Fractured_Chaos
03-30-2005, 02:14 PM
. . . I'm single.

Why am I reading these post instead of writing -- still grieving for my book tied up with PA and my work in progress is grieving for me to finish it! Trying to wake my muse up! I think muse keeps regular hours. ;)

Bribe your muse with chocolate! Hey, it works for me!

Well, sorta. My muse has developed expensive tastes, and I can't afford to keep her in Godiva's

Anatole Ghio
03-30-2005, 03:51 PM
It is now 7 AM my time, and I just finished downloading the last revision of the piece onto my blog. This was one of those crazy nights where everything shifted around once I began the process of revision.

For anyone keeping track at home, if you click on the link to my blog under my sig down below, the only parts of the story to survive the first draft are the first paragraph, and the second paranthetical aside. There used to be a whole page of text... all gone, once I started to edit.

Everything else got written and re-written from about 12 AM to 7 AM.

I also had to cut the story into two parts for length. I don't like posting anything longer than a page on my blog, and I would still be working on the piece to finish it if I didn't decide to post it in seperate parts.

Hopefully, it should only be one more part to be put up in the next couple of days (finger crossed).

Okay, I'm off to bed to get some much needed sleep. Wheeew!

- Anatole

For anyone interested, just finished the second part of the story and put it onto my blog. The third and final part should be going up tomorrow.

Now to do some chores and then head off to bed. Pheew, this one took a lot of energy to plow through... hopefully it will turn out ok.

- Anatole

Alphabeter
03-31-2005, 05:09 PM
Who turned on the :Sun:?

Bright Light Bad /mogwai

Anatole Ghio
04-01-2005, 03:21 PM
For anyone interested, just finished the second part of the story and put it onto my blog. The third and final part should be going up tomorrow.

Now to do some chores and then head off to bed. Pheew, this one took a lot of energy to plow through... hopefully it will turn out ok.

- Anatole

Just finished the last part of my short story about fashion. This one took a lot out of me.

I'm going to post "The Short Story of the Making of the Short Story" in the short story section, as I think it may interest some people.

SJB
04-01-2005, 07:00 PM
I wish I'd thought of this thread! It's 2:52am here in New Zealand and I'm not the least little bit sleepy. (2.25 litres of diet Coke in < 2 hours may have something to do with that.)

I guess, since it's now mid-morning in America, most of you night owls will be crawling into bed, or sleepily firing missiles at the offensive morning people in your life.

For me, it's either write a page of my masterpiece, or aimlessly wander around AW for another hour or so before curling up with a novel.

Hmmm.....
The latter. :sleepy:

Fractured_Chaos
04-02-2005, 11:05 AM
What's this?! The "Night Owls" got bored with this thread? Am I the only night owl remaining? I actually had to do a search on this to find it, it got so buried!

Oh! The Humanity! :cry:

Yeah, yeah...I know...I'm :crazy:

But you know you :heart: me anyway!

:D:D:D:D:D

MacAllister
04-02-2005, 11:06 AM
of course we do. :)

And it's just that we're so outnumbered by those dratted day-lighters...

Galoot
04-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Just set this thread as your home page so you don't lose it. That's what I did.

CACTUSWENDY
04-02-2005, 11:20 AM
hi gang.....:Thumbs: ....boy do I need a life....here it is Friday night...and I on this darn site.......alllll night.....lmao....:Smack:

MacAllister
04-02-2005, 11:23 AM
ahhh--but you aren't alone!

It's Friday night?

I have some fuzzy recollection that I was supposed to do something or be somewhere tonight...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

JennaGlatzer
04-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Boy, I remember when weekends meant something. I have such trouble keeping track of days of the week ever since I started working from home. It just seems so inconsequential!

OK... going to shower now. Don't look at me funny. Yes, I do shower at 2:30 a.m. when I feel like it.

Galoot
04-02-2005, 11:38 AM
That's not "funny" you see on my face, Jenna. That's just me admiring your tiny towel.

MacAllister
04-02-2005, 11:39 AM
:roll: Opti will likely shoot himself over the disappointment of having missed Jenna taking a shower...

Fractured_Chaos
04-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Don't look at me funny.

Too late.

http://members.cox.net/drgnlvr/larry_king.jpg

Galoot
04-02-2005, 11:46 AM
:roll: Opti will likely shoot himself over the disappointment of having missed Jenna taking a shower...Not to worry. I've got it all on fi--CRAP! Lens cap!

Fractured_Chaos
04-02-2005, 11:47 AM
:ROFL:

mdin
04-02-2005, 12:33 PM
I'm here at work till 4:30 am, and it's 1:30 now. I'm on "Pope Death Watch."

CACTUSWENDY
04-02-2005, 01:21 PM
:poke: hey hey hey:D

maestrowork
04-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Can't sleep.

Alphabeter
04-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Try a nap, they're less consuming and half the calories!

MacAllister
04-02-2005, 10:18 PM
paging Joy to the Ed and Joy (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9330) challenge thread...You're losing points with your continued avoidance...

maestrowork
04-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Can't sleep again (been up since 3 a.m.)

I guess I should have written something...

Alphabeter
04-03-2005, 05:08 PM
paging Joy to the Ed and Joy (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9330) challenge thread...You're losing points with your continued avoidance...

Oh crikey! I am in hot water. How did I forget that thread?

However Mac, for you to take away points for absence goes against the rules. Don't make me fire you as scorekeeper!

Renee
04-04-2005, 06:54 AM
So, what are you night owls doing?

Renee
04-04-2005, 06:55 AM
*Yawns*

:sleepy:

Fractured_Chaos
04-04-2005, 06:59 AM
So, what are you night owls doing?

Things I shouldn't be doing *EG*

ritinrider
04-04-2005, 07:02 AM
Was gonna go to bed, but thought I'd check on you night owls first.

CACTUSWENDY
04-04-2005, 07:03 AM
:tongue ...Picking lint out of belly button...oooppppsssss.........I said that out loud?.....sorry....:Wha: ....is only 8:04 P M here ....so the night is young......;)

Renee
04-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Things I shouldn't be doing *EG*

Must be a full-moon tonight!

:wag:

Fractured_Chaos
04-04-2005, 07:26 AM
Must be a full-moon tonight!

:wag:

Nah, I'm doing things I shouldn't be doing all the time. :D

Right now, it's plotting world domination. :wag:

Galoot
04-04-2005, 08:10 AM
I'm doing cool cat artiste type things. (Laundry, but I'm wearing a beret.)

Renee
04-04-2005, 08:11 AM
Nah, I'm doing things I shouldn't be doing all the time. :D

Right now, it's plotting world domination. :wag:

You and me both!

Oh cool - world domination~ that's my goal too.

Fractured_Chaos
04-04-2005, 08:19 AM
You and me both!

Oh cool - world domination~ that's my goal too.

WooHoo! Then we can dominate the world together!

Waitaminit! Is that against the "wold domination" rules?

CACTUSWENDY
04-04-2005, 09:03 AM
:Sun: .....is 10:04 PM...and the night is still young....what's up?:Guitar:

Fractured_Chaos
04-04-2005, 09:06 AM
:Sun: .....is 10:04 PM...and the night is still young....what's up?:Guitar:

ME! :D

But at least the laundry pile is down, now.

Renee
04-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Cool! Yeah I do believe that would be against world domination rules. Though hell who wants to follow rules? Uh not me..lol..

WooHoo! Then we can dominate the world together!

Waitaminit! Is that against the "wold domination" rules?

Birol
04-04-2005, 09:17 AM
What's this?! The "Night Owls" got bored with this thread? Am I the only night owl remaining? I actually had to do a search on this to find it, it got so buried!

Oh! The Humanity! :cry:

Yeah, yeah...I know...I'm :crazy:

But you know you :heart: me anyway!

:D:D:D:D:D

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave you all alone. I thought the others would keep you company. I was on the road and didn't have access to a computer after the daylighters went to bed.

Birol
04-04-2005, 09:21 AM
Currently I'm doing laundry and trying to convince myself that I really should fix something for dinner. Or would that be breakfast since it's now after midnight?

jdkiggins
04-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Now here's a thread I can relate to. Am I allowed in here?

:Shrug:

Fractured_Chaos
04-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Cool! Yeah I do believe that would be against world domination rules. Though hell who wants to follow rules? Uh not me..lol..

Hmmmm. Well, considering most of the "rules" don't allow world domination, anyway....Let's do it! :D

Fractured_Chaos
04-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Now here's a thread I can relate to. Am I allowed in here?

Of course! Help yourself to a brownie! :D

KellyS.
04-04-2005, 09:46 AM
I've been a nightowl for as long as I can remember. Now, I'm up because my kids aren't. This is the only time it seems that I can have "quiet time". No one is yelling Mooooommmmmmmmmmm for whatever reason. They are asleep and content and so am I. They are going back to school tomorrow (or today lol) after being home for Spring Break.

All that aside, I seem to do everything better later in the day and in the wee hours. :0)

jdkiggins
04-04-2005, 09:49 AM

I remember those days, Kelly. The only peace was after bedtime.

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sleep/1.gif

KellyS.
04-04-2005, 09:53 AM

I remember those days, Kelly. The only peace was after bedtime.

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sleep/1.gif

Yeah, and my husband still doesn't get it. He thinks I'd be better off practically going to bed and getting up when they do. I do not agree. lol I do get up when they do, just not with as much sleep accomplished. I love my kids more than life itself, but I have to have quiet time. If I don't, well.....I simply don't function well.

Anatole Ghio
04-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Anyone still up?

I just finished posting on my blog. Now I'll try to get another couple of practice pages in before calling it a night.

I'll be back once more before the cock crows...

Chacounne
04-04-2005, 02:02 PM
I stay up until 6am, to get my husband off to dialysis, then I sleep until an hour before he gets home at 1pm. It's a weird schedule but it's the only way I get time to work without interruption, and it means I can help him when he has difficulties during the night. Well, time to get back to writing.

Take good care,
Chacounne

Fractured_Chaos
04-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Yup, I'm still here. Sorta.

I've gotten into the habit of staying up until my fiance's alarm goes off, because we're working opposite shifts. It's the only time I get to see him during the week.

Anatole Ghio
04-04-2005, 03:10 PM
I once lived with a girl who was the opening manager at a coffee shop.

Haa! She would get up to go to work as I was going to bed, and when I got up, she would be coming home.

It actually worked out, schedule wise. Wouldn't advise anyone else to try it though.

OK - all done with writing, a little more internet and then off to bed.

KellyS.
04-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Allright, who gave me a cold on this thread? I managed to go to bed at 4 am and couldn't sleep because of it. So, I'm gonna try it again I think. lol Well for two hours at the most.

T42
04-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Hi Kelly and all, does anyone know what happened to the brownies party? I go away for the weekend and the whole room is deleted. I knew I couldn't trust everyone to keep it down. They must have been disturbing the neighbors:partyguy: I should of got on the puter last night. I was up until two in the morn. I didn't know you all stayed up so late:Huh:

Birol
04-04-2005, 07:09 PM
The Brownie Party (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9846) is still here. It just drifted down a bit is all.

jdkiggins
04-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Is it evening yet? I work much better when I'm exhausted.

MacAllister
04-04-2005, 07:39 PM
it's whatever time you want it to be, Joanne. :) At least until we all adjust to the damn time change...

jdkiggins
04-04-2005, 07:43 PM
LOL, Mac. I didn't seem to have a problem with the time change. :D

I haven't slept. I think it was because I woke up Sunday realizing someone took an hour and I tried relentlessly to steal it back.

Alphabeter
04-05-2005, 06:49 PM
These "normal" hours are killing me.

All this daylight is muting the voices in my head. No wonder I can't concentrate!

Darkness is good. Darkness is safe. No watches in the dark like they do in the light.

And I drink more caffeine in the light. Light is bad for my health.

Birol
04-05-2005, 07:47 PM
it's whatever time you want it to be, Joanne. :) At least until we all adjust to the damn time change...

Yeah, I probably should finish resetting the clocks.

maestrowork
04-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Rule #1: It's not a good idea to eat chocolate before you go to bed

:Jump:

Galoot
04-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Rule #2: maestrowork is nuts. :D

maestrowork
04-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Rule #3: Don't state the obvious. :hat:

CACTUSWENDY
04-07-2005, 10:24 AM
:Wha: Hey hey hey...what's up gang?

paprikapink
04-07-2005, 10:29 AM
:Wha: Hey hey hey...what's up gang?

I'm so sleepy my eyes are burning. But I've been out all day and haven't done any of the writing I intended to do. But first I want to get all caught up on AW, then I'll do some writing. But there keeps being a couple more new posts. And thank cod, cuz otherwise I'd have to get to bizniz, and I'm too sleepy for that.

Technically, this state is known as an "infinite loop."

-pkpk

CACTUSWENDY
04-07-2005, 10:38 AM
:Jump: ...well...you get a good night's sleep.....and then work on the BIC tomorrow....right?

CACTUSWENDY
04-07-2005, 10:41 AM
by the way....what name is that thread that Uncle jim ...ed...and joy were doing?...I lost it....They changed the room name.....anyone know what it is?:idea:

firehorse
04-07-2005, 12:02 PM
I got all revved up :hooray: :Jump: :hooray: :Jump: to work on my "crossroads" piece, but apparently I overestimated my need for caffeine. So now I'm wide awake, with an overlong draft that I need to let sit for a few hours.

Hello? Anybody out there? :Wha:

JennaGlatzer
04-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Aha! Wendy, that's "Weird Writer's Trivia" on the Take It Outside board now... took me a while to find it, too!

Firehorse, I have a book you can work on while you're all revved up with nothing to write. :)

Hey, if you watch those bouncy smileys of yours long enough, they all line up sometimes... not that I'd do such a ridiculous thing...

Anatole Ghio
04-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Just checking in before going to bed. 6:11 AM my time.

I rented the first DVD for season 3 of 24. I remember reading that some critics felt the show really jumped the shark in the third season. Right from the start, a couple of characters were doing some info dumps and a lot of the dialogue through out the episode involved stating overtly what was already being expressed by the actors through subtext.

Say what you will about the first two seasons (and there are flaws), I felt the writing was superb when it was at it's best, and as contrived as some of the plot points may have been, I don't ever remember the writing being obvious or poor.

I've heard season four is supposed to be better, so I may tough it out if the third season proves to not be as enjoyable to me as the first two were.

As far as the writing goes, I fell behind schedule and forced myself to write even though I was tired and ready to sleep, so I think the work suffered as a result.

Okay, first to brush my teeth, and then off to bed.

CACTUSWENDY
04-07-2005, 06:17 PM
:D Thank you Jenna, I never would have found it with that title....:partyguy:

Renee
04-08-2005, 06:27 AM
Hey Night Owls anyone lurking in the shadows? Then again.. it is still early.

CACTUSWENDY
04-08-2005, 06:30 AM
:poke:

Fractured_Chaos
04-08-2005, 07:09 AM
Hey Night Owls anyone lurking in the shadows? Then again.. it is still early.

Nope. I'm hiding under the couch, until later. :D

Galoot
04-08-2005, 07:13 AM
Lurking? Shadows? Umm, I just found these binoculars here in the dirt behind the bushes when I was, er, chasing a squirrel--a bird!--chasing a bird. Yeah. Why would I be lurking?

Liam Jackson
04-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Checking in for the graveyard shift

Renee
04-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Nope. I'm hiding under the couch, until later. :D

LOL..now you really don't have to do that.

MacAllister
04-08-2005, 07:48 AM
heh--everyone showed up early tonight...

CACTUSWENDY
04-08-2005, 07:54 AM
:Jump:

Birol
04-08-2005, 07:56 AM
Well, sure, we're all busy. Need to put in some overtime. ;)

CACTUSWENDY
04-08-2005, 08:00 AM
ANYONE excited about the new Star Wars Movie that is coming out soon?:)

Birol
04-08-2005, 08:10 AM
ANYONE excited about the new Star Wars Movie that is coming out soon?:)

George Lucas
Wal-Mart
Hasbro
The fans waiting in line at the wrong theater (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/06/starwars.fanatics.ap/index.html)

No one else that I know of.

Fractured_Chaos
04-08-2005, 08:43 AM
LOL..now you really don't have to do that.

Heehee! :D

I know I don't have to! But under the couch is my domain, normally. It's just so friendly here, that I don't hide there as much as I used to.

maestrowork
04-08-2005, 10:28 AM
Star what?

CACTUSWENDY
04-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Star wars,,,3

Anatole Ghio
04-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Just here to vent. I am stuck on a story and I want to finish it by tonight to put up on my blog.

I have the begining. I have the end.

I have no middle.

Arrrrgh!!!

CACTUSWENDY
04-08-2005, 01:19 PM
AWWWWWW....poor baby. must be driving you...:crazy: maybe a walk outside in the fresh night air would help...ya think?:snoopy:

MacAllister
04-08-2005, 01:20 PM
oh dear...perhaps you could write the middle backwards from the end?

Anatole Ghio
04-08-2005, 01:25 PM
oh dear...perhaps you could write the middle backwards from the end?

Do you mean start from the point at the end I already have written, and work back?

That's actually kind of what I'm doing... it seems to be helping more than going forward.

I think I'll hop off line and try to free-associate for a bit, see if that will help.

Check back in later.

CACTUSWENDY
04-08-2005, 01:29 PM
nite nite all....see ya tomorrow....:hi:

Anatole Ghio
04-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Finished for the night... off to bed for another night of little sleep before going to work.

I had to cut the piece into parts in order to finish it. I didn't like doing it, but it had to be done.

Night night.

Renee
04-09-2005, 04:42 AM
Heehee! :D

I know I don't have to! But under the couch is my domain, normally. It's just so friendly here, that I don't hide there as much as I used to.

Oh dear, drgnlvr, isn't still under that couch, is she?

*Gets slightly worried*

Galoot
04-09-2005, 05:59 AM
Oh dear, drgnlvr, isn't still under that couch, is she?

*Gets slightly worried*

:)Oh my god! I'm so sorry. I didn't know. :(

At least now I know what it is that's plugging up my rug-beater attachment.

Renee
04-09-2005, 06:49 AM
Hollers down the vacuum, are ya there?

Anatole Ghio
04-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Anyone up? I'm just trying to finish a piece for my blog. Should be done in an hour. Give me a holla if you are out there... I'll be back to check up and see who the other vampires are tonight.

JennaGlatzer
04-11-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm up! I'm up! Hey... where'd you go?

Fractured_Chaos
04-11-2005, 02:52 PM
*hackhackcoughchokewheeeeeeeze*

Dang! Who in their right mind vacuums in the middle of the night? :Wha:

Somebody let me outta here!!!!!

Liam Jackson
04-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Up...down...up...down...up...down...up...

Here. (I think.)

Anatole Ghio
04-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Hurk... I'm back. Took longer to finish my piece than I expected.

Hellloooo... anyone there?

Man, I need to keep regular hours... (going off to see if anyone's around).

paprikapink
04-15-2005, 11:23 AM
What? Isn't anyone snoring loudly at your house? Then I'm comin' over. I've gotta get some sleep!

-pkpk

Galoot
04-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Yeah, someone is snoring loudly at my house. But if I say who, she'll get embarassed that I told strangers she snores and divorce me.

Galoot
04-15-2005, 01:17 PM
OMG OMG OMG! I didn't say that!

OMG!!

soloset
04-15-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm technically a night owl, but it's just because I sleep all day.

If I partied all night, drank blood, and never grew old, I could be a vampire. But, sadly, I'm not.

mudflat_marsh_hawk
04-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Surfing the boards --- anybody watching CREATURE on USA? For that matter I was up late the other night and missed the last 30 mins of Raintree County. What are the chances that IT will be rebroadcast anytime soon?

Fractured_Chaos
04-16-2005, 03:02 PM
OMG OMG OMG! I didn't say that!

OMG!!

You are soooooooooooooo busted! :ROFL:

CACTUSWENDY
04-18-2005, 07:49 AM
:Wha: You whoooo....where is everyone? :gone: ....I have missed a few days here. :cry: I do hope everyone is doing well. Talk to ya later.....:poke:

JAlpha
04-18-2005, 07:52 AM
Hi there Cactuswendy,

I tried to rep you for your lame comments about my lame screen name, but I have to spread the love, first.

Anyway, I meant to say my screenname was lame' like gold lame', only I forgot to add the accent mark.

So there :wag:

JAlpha

CACTUSWENDY
04-18-2005, 08:08 AM
You're off the hook this time...lol:D So...what you doing up tonight?

JAlpha
04-18-2005, 08:12 AM
I'm up because if I go to bed that means, the next thing I'll have to do is get up and drag my butt to a novel workshop I'm enrolled in--the instructor HATES my novel, the whole deal, style, topic, story premise etc. etc. So I figure if I stay up all night either tomorrow will never come, or else I'll be so overtired in the morning I'll over sleep and miss the workshop!

It's lame I tell ya lame!

JAlpha

CACTUSWENDY
04-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Strange...why would a teacher hate your topic ...etc...It's your book...and I would think he/she would be more concerned with the structure ...etc..than the topic etc...If they want you to write what they want...that makes the book theirs...right?.:guns: just what is this 'class'?

Renee
04-21-2005, 07:39 AM
This place has gotten too quiet~ I think we need alittle music.

Ah, that's more like it!

Renee
04-21-2005, 07:41 AM
*hackhackcoughchokewheeeeeeeze*

Dang! Who in their right mind vacuums in the middle of the night? :Wha:

Somebody let me outta here!!!!!

OMG, did we leave you in there all this time!

Ok, my excuse is: it's Stoner Day!

Anatole Ghio
04-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey -

Just checking to see who's up right now. Anyone have the problem of being an extreme night owl? I'm normally a night person, but now that I'm posting new pieces 3-4 times a week on my blog, I find myself staying up till 6 or 7 AM. I'll finish writing before then, usually around 5 AM... but the adreniline will keep me up later. I'm going to work pretty tired and sleeping in really late on my days off.

Anyone else gone through periods of staying up later than they normally would?

Galoot
04-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Anyone else gone through periods of staying up later than they normally would?
It's not really a "period" if it's my whole life, is it?

Dear Earth,

Stop rotating so damned fast! Once every thirty hours would be just fine. Remember, I pay your salary.

Thanks.

Anatole Ghio
04-22-2005, 12:57 PM
At one point when I was a full time student and not working, I put myself onto a 25 hour clock to see what the effect would be like.

It actually left me more tired... my body didn't react well to having it's rhythm changed every day.

It was the opposite of what I expected. I thought getting more sleep would leave me more aware.

Maybe I needed more than one day before readjusting my body clock.

Would like to try it once more at some point to see if I would respond differently.

Liam Jackson
04-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Checking in before passing out. :)

mudflat_marsh_hawk
04-22-2005, 01:59 PM
it's too late to be this early. :popcorn:

Fractured_Chaos
04-22-2005, 02:16 PM
OMG, did we leave you in there all this time!

Ok, my excuse is: it's Stoner Day!

*drgn weakly taps on the canister of the vacuum*

Mew? :o

Renee
04-23-2005, 04:57 AM
Oh my god, she's turned purple! Glad you're ok..lol..

CACTUSWENDY
04-23-2005, 07:50 AM
:Jump: and how is everyone tonight?....I can't believe it's Friday night again. (sigh)

Anyone going on vacation this summer?...if so....where to?:Jump: ...(got room for an extra person?...takes little space):Jump:

Galoot
04-23-2005, 08:17 AM
We might manage a weekend camping with the kids or a week of hiking, but unless we win the lottery I don't think we'll be travelling to any place more exotic than the Co-op to buy bread.

What's that sound from the vacuum cleaner?

CACTUSWENDY
04-23-2005, 08:46 AM
:popcorn: I hear that. :popcorn:

MacAllister
04-29-2005, 01:31 PM
ah HA! I knew this thread was down here, somewhere. <g>

maestrowork
04-29-2005, 02:10 PM
I see night people.

Well, technically it's morning. But most people are not awake yet...

MacAllister
04-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Ah, but the UK contingent should be showing up soon...

Celeste
04-29-2005, 02:21 PM
I see night people.

Well, technically it's morning. But most people are not awake yet...

I usually go to sleep when most are waking up. Been like this for years. I've even tried to sleep during 'normal' hours, but just couldn't do it. Sometimes, I'll sit up for 24 - 26 hours straight. I dunno...Insomnia? :Shrug:

Always have been a night owl. My friends call me a vampire. Or a witch. Lol...

celeste http://bestsmileys.com/halloween2/21.gif

triceretops
04-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Well, Maestro, you might see night people, but I'm sure seeing ghostly stuff again. I see that rep points all over the place are turning black and I can't figure out what's happening here. Also, I'm positive that some of you are on this board right now, but your green (indicator light) is off, so y'all are purposely sneaking around, wanting to avoid detection.

Wait a minute! You're all over at the old haunt board, where ghosts are allowed to roam free! I'm up, up and away!

Wait a minute--somebody just ripped off my dragon logo under my signiture. It's gone, and I never removed it. It now has a red X in it's place. Further proof that ghosts are alive and well. I knew it!

Tri..scared...a...lot

maestrowork
04-29-2005, 02:34 PM
I think somone needs to cut down on his 3 AM coffee....

:D

Meanwhile, the sun is just coming out here... my back yard looks gorgeous in the dawn light.

arrowqueen
04-30-2005, 05:14 AM
Morning all. It's the early hours of Saturday here - but it's not really, since next day doesn't start properly till I go to bed, so it's still Friday night.

I have vodka! Did you notice?

CACTUSWENDY
04-30-2005, 05:43 AM
So Arrow, is Saturday going to be a good day? If not, I'm staying in bed.:snoopy:

Celeste
04-30-2005, 06:22 AM
Ahh..*yawn*...Just woke up.

Went 25 hours before sleeping.... again. :faint:

So, now that it's 10:20 pm and my day is just starting, how is everyone tonight? :Sun:
Hope we're all in better moods than this morning....? ;)

Marisa Louise
04-30-2005, 09:38 AM
Wendy, the smiley in your sig. never fails to make me wince! LOL. It's so terrible. YOUCH!

Anyway it's 10:25 here and I'm thinking to myself "it's not really late yet... 1 AM, that's late." So, the thread opens pretty early then, eh?

Renee
04-30-2005, 10:01 AM
Anyway it's 10:25 here and I'm thinking to myself "it's not really late yet... 1 AM, that's late." So, the thread opens pretty early then, eh?

Yeah, this thread is always open. I catch myself wondering that same thing - then waiting until it's late enough to be deemed late...

Uh, it obviously been a long week for me. :faint: At least now the weekend is upon us!

Marisa Louise
04-30-2005, 11:56 AM
It's a slow night!

I can't figure out what I want to draw, but it's something.... it's just one of those nights.

Celeste
04-30-2005, 12:03 PM
It's a slow night!

I can't figure out what I want to draw, but it's something.... it's just one of those nights.

Yeah, it is! I'm bored outta' mt friggin' skull! Not a damn thing to do. I don't feel like writing. I guess, I could clean my house, but.... Nah.

I'm feelin' pretty lazy both physically and mentally...

I'm bored....*sigh*

CACTUSWENDY
05-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Marisa, what kind or style of drawing do you do? How long have you been at it? Making any money with it? (inquiring minds want to know) :Jump:

aboyd
05-01-2005, 11:04 AM
It's midnight. Does that count as late? It's odd to see this board at 1 AM or so. After the flurry of posts during the day, it's nearly deserted at night. I guess we're mostly in the USA? I figured if we had a more international audience, there would be more activity round-the-clock.

Anyway, to all you late-nighters: "Hi!" And "Good night!" :)

Renee
05-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah, it is! I'm bored outta' mt friggin' skull! Not a damn thing to do. I don't feel like writing. I guess, I could clean my house, but.... Nah.

I'm feelin' pretty lazy both physically and mentally...

I'm bored....*sigh*

I know what you mean, Celeste..I that way right now.. :faint::sleepy:Fighting the small yet constant urge -- to sleep.

Nice to see ya owling around. :hat:

Maryn
05-01-2005, 11:09 AM
What a waste! Our daughter has a late-night radio show at college and we decided to get up and hear part of it. So we get up a few minutes before her 2:00 a.m. start and hear her say her name, the name of her show, the station's call letters and location, and the name of the first track we're going to hear. Not another word for the next 45 minutes, although she plays some excellent music.

We go back to bed, but guess who can't sleep. Finally I get up and tune in again, to catch the end of her show. No talking at all. I guess we've come full circle, back to the late 60s when the best DJs hardly said a word, because it was about the music, man...

So now I'm wide awake but buzzy-brained (meaning any attempt to write is futile). Anybody wanna play cards?

Maryn, showing off her new bathrobe

Galoot
05-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Anybody wanna play cards?

Maryn, showing off her new bathrobeSure.

++ flips the jokers to the floor ++

Whups! Mind getting that?

Maryn
05-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Aces high, or low?

Maryn, wearing a green visor and sleeve garters, dealing with speed and flair

Marisa Louise
05-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Marisa, what kind or style of drawing do you do? How long have you been at it? Making any money with it? (inquiring minds want to know) :Jump:

I mostly do people's faces right now. I LOVE people's faces, especially eyes. If I see someone's face in a magazine or a picture of someone in my family I'll try to draw it.

I've been drawing since I was small, and I've always been told I am good. I did a sort of VanGogh-ish piece when I was in the 7th grade and it won an award or two at a state competition for kids my age. But I haven't really taken any formal classes until last Fall, in a college course where I got to draw some 40 year old manequins wearing a piece of fabric draping and jeans and shapes and bottles the entire semester. I did a drawing of CÚline Dion in my free time, though, and that got me some extra points in the course. People seem to tell me I'm a natural, but of course, I'm my own worst critic! And it's never good enough! :Shrug:

Nope, no money. Just a free-time activity for now :)

Marisa Louise
05-01-2005, 01:05 PM
...I never did end up drawing last night! Well, I did but it ended up being a massive ball of scribbles; and that even after about 4 hours.

I keep wanting to paint. I don't know "how" to paint, but I've had this urge. I want to get a big, big canvas and paint the background a glowing white color, and then do a medium-sized red round circle/dot, with a little nick in its outer edge in the bottom right hand corner, up and close to the edge of the paper.

I guess I feel that's me right now. LOL.

By the time I returned home form the drug store with pencils to draw (regular ones--blawh), my mom wanted me to help her figure out the paint palate for our new condo we're buying, so I got caught up in that and felt like my creative energy had been drained out.

Probably a combination of that and the fact that a lot of business things are going on around me right now. One in the CÚline Dion fan community in response, and having direct connection to the convention I am trying to arrange; and the others all in "real" life having to do with taking care of children in different families in my area, and keeping an older woman company as she fights a disease. LOTS going on.

It's no wonder why, at only 1:53 AM I am barely seated at this computer, with my eyes dry and aching to rejuvenate with some shut-eye!

G'night everyone!

Galoot
05-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Poker and art. We've got two conversations going, and I can respond to both by saying "draw!" How cool is that?

Aces high, or low?

Maryn, wearing a green visor and sleeve garters, dealing with speed and flairWait. A bathrobe, green visor and sleeve garters? You wouldn't be wearing gumboots, too, would you? I think I have a new fetish.

Oh, Sorry. High.

Marisa Louise
05-01-2005, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=Galoot]Poker and art. We've got two conversations going, and I can respond to both by saying "draw!" How cool is that?QUOTE]

Hah!

That is pretty dern cool!

Maryn
05-02-2005, 01:37 AM
And pretty awake, considering the hour, to see the connection, don'tcha think? I was firing on two pistons, tops.

Maryn, who did make it out of the bathrobe and into clothes

Marisa Louise
05-02-2005, 09:12 AM
I am opening the thread because I am lame and it's 9:54 PM and I've nothing better to do than to walk on down to the "Night Owls" lounge to check out some of the artistes writing in for the night.

Cheers to Jenna! Today, I channeled you! I did not get out of my jammies, was typing all day, ate lots nummy junk food, and--to top it all off--I imagine that I'll be taking a shower sometime about 4 AM, too, since that seems to be my new bed time since joining here! :D

Renee
05-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey everyone.

I am dreading going to bed, because then the work day starts..lol..

brokenfingers
05-02-2005, 09:23 AM
I did not get out of my jammies, was typing all day, ate lots nummy junk food, and--to top it all off--I imagine that I'll be taking a shower sometime about 4 AM, too, since that seems to be my new bed time since joining here! :D

Wow!! I wanna be like you when I grow up!!!

Marisa Louise
05-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Mr. B! You're online!

I know, (flings slightly greasy hair over shoulder) It's hard not to want to be like me. LOL.

:roll:

Renee
05-02-2005, 09:49 AM
LOL.. :)

MacAllister
05-02-2005, 09:54 AM
w00t! Isn't THIS just the happenin' party, tonight! :D

Hiya, all. What's shakin'?

Marisa Louise
05-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Yeah-- I know what you mean about weekdays. (sigh).

(sings) Back to liiiife/back to real-ity.

WOW that's an old song!

Marisa Louise
05-02-2005, 09:56 AM

Apparently with the super cool 80s song I just started singing to myself--- my bootay!

Renee
05-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Ooo cool it's MAC!

:snoopy:

MacAllister
05-02-2005, 09:59 AM
heh--gosh, thanks Renee, for such a warm welcome. :D

Renee
05-02-2005, 10:01 AM
heh--gosh, thanks Renee, for such a warm welcome. :D

It's always nice to see ya around, MAC!:partyguy:

Now..where did Brokenfingers go? lol...

Renee
05-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Yeah-- I know what you mean about weekdays. (sigh).

(sings) Back to liiiife/back to real-ity.

WOW that's an old song!

Thanks, now I'll be singin' that song for two days..hehe..hey thank God I actually like it! :snoopy:

Marisa Louise
05-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Yeah! LOL.

That snoopy smiley always makes me think of THAT song so I look at it and (hums) doo-doo-doot-doo-doo-doot-doooom-doom....doo-doo-doot- doooooooo. LOL:snoopy:

Renee
05-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah! LOL.

That snoopy smiley always makes me think of THAT song so I look at it and (hums) doo-doo-doot-doo-doo-doot-doooom-doom....doo-doo-doot- doooooooo. LOL:snoopy:

doo-doo-doot-doo-doo-doot-doooom-doom....doo-doo-doot- doooooooo.

Sings to self..

..oh that's evil..LOL...

MacAllister
05-02-2005, 10:22 AM
*fingers in ears* LALALALALALA I can't HEAR you....

Renee
05-02-2005, 10:24 AM
Ooo you can't? hehe..

hollers loudly..back to life..doo-doo-doot-doooom-doom....doo-doo-doot- doooooooo

Everybody now...lol

Marisa Louise
05-02-2005, 10:24 AM
mwaaa ha ha ha haaaaaa!

(nibbles pinky finger, squints eyes and looks to the side).:wag:

MacAllister
05-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Don't you go and get that song stuck in my head, you wicked woman! I have to go soon and edit pages, for chrissakes...you'll mess up my rhythm!

Renee
05-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Don't you go and get that song stuck in my head, you wicked woman! I have to go soon and edit pages, for chrissakes...you'll mess up my rhythm!

Oo wicked woman? Cool I like that! Maybe that should be my new title? lmfao..

MAC: I see you there and know you can hear me!

doo-doo-doot-doo-doo-doot-doooom-doom....doo-doo-doot- doooooooo

Marisa Louise
05-02-2005, 10:30 AM
(sings) Rhythym is a dancer/ it's a soul's companion /you can feel it everywhere/ Lift your hands and voices /free your mind and join us/ you can feel it in the air/Ooh, it's a passion/ Ooh, you can feel it in the air/ Ooh, it's a passion/Ooh, ooh, ooh, oh !

MacAllister
05-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Marisa, just don't start doing a Wham revival, or I'm outta here! :D

Renee, you don't have to put it in your title--we all KNOW, already!

Marisa Louise
05-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Oh, you mean like....

I don't want to go to bed because I don't want anyone to have to......(sings obnoxiously and loudly) wake me up/before you go-go/ don't leave me hangin' on like a yo-yo.......

Okay-- I'm sorry.

Celeste
05-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Well, it 2:37 am. Another night of boredom. *sigh*

My lazy azz did just finish some writing, though. :Clap:

Hello...hello... Is anybody out there?

Oooh! typing that just gave the sudden urge to listen to some Pink Floyd. Better yet, I'm goona' go pop in "The Wall" dvd. Yep. Kewl! :banana:

So, what's goin' on, Renee!

wurdwise
05-02-2005, 10:41 AM
You guys are nuts. I have somehow turned into a night owl, and I am working my ass off on my edit, had to have a break.

How about, ooh, I never want to dance again, guilty feet have got no rhythm.

MacAllister
05-02-2005, 10:44 AM
*banging head on desk* I just hadda bring it up...

Marisa Louise
05-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Well, it 2:37 am. Another night of boredom. *sigh*

My lazy azz did just finish some writing, though. :Clap:

Hello...hello... Is anybody out there?

Oooh! typing that just gave the sudden urge to listen to some Pink Floyd. Better yet, I'm goona' go pop in "The Wall" dvd. Yep. Kewl! :banana:

So, what's goin' on, Renee!

Hey!

Maybe you'll make some (sings Pink Floyd's) MONA-A-A-AY!

maestrowork
05-02-2005, 10:47 AM
I say love is a magical thing/I say love will keep us from pain/No, I don't dare/No, I don't dare

MacAllister
05-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Awww--I think we lost Renee. *sigh* And I have pages to go over with the red pen. *double sigh*

Ray, you behave yourself with the ladies, now, y'hear?

Marisa Louise
05-02-2005, 10:53 AM
The party's fading so soon!?

Psht... it's the crappy d.js I tell ya' :hat:

MacAllister
05-02-2005, 10:55 AM
heh--dollars to doughnuts I'll be back later. I gotta go pretend to get a little work done, though. :)

Celeste
05-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Hey!

Maybe you'll make some (sings Pink Floyd's) MONA-A-A-AY!

I was goin' through the cds and changed my mind. Now I'm....

Stone Free, do what I please...Stone Free, ride the breeze...

Okay, now I'm feelin' hyper! :hooray:

Hyper and nowhere to go, nothing to do...*sigh* :(

wurdwise
05-02-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm going back and forth between editing and seeing what mischief I can get into here.

Marisa Louise
05-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Awww, poor mom!

She walks into the room and I feel her pretty near me. I hear her mumble something in the back of my mind as I stare at the screen and type, and I feel the sensation of some sort of voice come from my throat.

A minute goes by and the crisp sound of moving boxes being closed are heard in the living room when it occurs to me that somewhere between a minute and a half ago and now I heard 'goodnight'.

"Did I say goodnight?"

"Yeah (sigh)... I gave a kiss and everything."

I feel the wet lips on the top of my forehead.

"Oh yea... on my forehead!"

Poooor mom!

Marisa Louise
05-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Okay--- time for me to be headin' out.

(picks up her party trash). NIGHT!

Celeste
05-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Whoa! If you'd never heard Jimi Hendrix sing "Hound Dog", you've got to listen to it. Wow! It's excellent!

You ain't nothing but a hound dog,
Scratching all the time..
You ain't nothing but a hound dog, baby...

I'd never heard it 'til just now. It's way cool! :Guitar:

Ooooh! Now I'm hearin'...

Hey, Joe
Where you goin' with that gun in your hand?
Hey, Joe....

Yeah, so I'm kickin' back listening to some Hendrix having a good ole' time....