WonderDog

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Many of you know about and were very kind in your assistance with my problem downstairs neighbor who is abusing his dog.

I now have a fixed date for my leaving this area and going home, which I didn't have before. You'll see why this matters in just a sec.

Because there are real concerns about his retaliation toward me if the dog is taken out of the situation by authorities, I arranged a temporary end-run around things which, amazingly, worked. It bought some time. We don't have a Dog Officer here, only a beleaguered, lovely man who has a million other civic jobs and looks after the abandoned dogs at a not-great shelter area on his own time and his own dime.

I arranged with him that he would come to my home and participate in a loud, pre-planned conversation regarding the abuse, on my upstairs landing at a time when I knew the neighbor (read: maggot) would be at home. We were overheard, as we had hoped, and life has improved dramatically for this dog.

It buys time, and now that I have a set departure date we are working for removal of the animal to a safe, loving home, to take place the day after I have left. I will be 1000 miles away, and WonderDog shall have a new life.

I thought everyone who took the time to express their concern and try to help should know.

:)

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that, however is the dog going to a home, or a shelter. Only because if it's a shelter.. most of the ones in the south euthenize their animals..

Many of you know about and were very kind in your assistance with my problem downstairs neighbor who is abusing his dog.

I now have a fixed date for my leaving this area and going home, which I didn't have before. You'll see why this matters in just a sec.

Because there are real concerns about his retaliation toward me if the dog is taken out of the situation by authorities, I arranged a temporary end-run around things which, amazingly, worked. It bought some time. We don't have a Dog Officer here, only a beleaguered, lovely man who has a million other civic jobs and looks after the abandoned dogs at a not-great shelter area on his own time and his own dime.

I arranged with him that he would come to my home and participate in a loud, pre-planned conversation regarding the abuse, on my upstairs landing at a time when I knew the neighbor (read: maggot) would be at home. We were overheard, as we had hoped, and life has improved dramatically for this dog.

It buys time, and now that I have a set departure date we are working for removal of the animal to a safe, loving home, to take place the day after I have left. I will be 1000 miles away, and WonderDog shall have a new life.

I thought everyone who took the time to express their concern and try to help should know.

:)

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
No, Joyce, when I said a safe, loving home, that's exactly what I meant. There is an enormous amount of time and cooperation being put in right now to place him in a home in such a way that doesn't get me physically injured by his owner. The man has a rage problem. I live alone with a loaded rifle. I'd rather not have to use it. (But hey, I will if need be.)

This dog will not be going to any shelter. Understand, there is no real support network here for animals, so creativity is in order, and it's happening, I'm glad to say. I am well aware of the Life is Cheap attitude toward animals here, in fact that was covered in my original thread. I would never have left this dog to a shelter.

Last edited:

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so thrilled that there's an end in sight for poor WonderDog. He deserves so much better than what he got, and when he's in his new home, he'll be so happy to be loved. I only wish he could be made to understand that it was you who brought it about, but your reward will come in a different way. Thank you and bless you for doing this! You're one of the good ones, for sure.

Love,
Trish

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's the best news I've heard all day. Thanks for the update.