PDA

View Full Version : Don't you love/hate it when...

Poppy
03-11-2005, 07:47 AM
you hear a song and it becomes embedded into your brain. Maybe you love the song, maybe you hate it. Maybe you start out loving or hating it, but after hearing it in your head for a while (or playing it over and over again in an attempt to remove its cancerous growth from your brain), you end up thinking the opposite.

Since hearing it on the radio yesterday, I can't get "Let My Love Open the Door" by Pete Townshend out of my head. I like the song so I listened to it, and sang along, never knowing it would stick. I tried to ignore the overwhelming urge to keep singing it after it went off. I tried to listen to other songs to 'cover it up.' Tonight, I finally gave in and I'm listening to it (for the fourth time) on Windows Media Player. I'm hoping the repetitiveness will purge the poison from my system.

But it's such a cute little song...and it gives me a good excuse to do the Snoopy Dance. :snoopy: Let my love open the door...to your heart.

Help meeeeeee... (Has this happened to anyone else? Surely it has.)

Renee
03-11-2005, 08:18 AM
I can't count the number of times this has happened to me! And it's always the sing-song super cheesy songs that seem to really stick. It's terrible..lol..

Like that song "Can't Get You Out of My Head," by Kylie Minogue (spelling?). It's not that bad a song but kinda dull and monotinous but it sticks in my mind.

lucyishome
03-11-2005, 08:35 AM
I can't count the number of times this has happened to me! And it's always the sing-song super cheesy songs that seem to really stick. It's terrible..lol..

Like that song "Can't Get You Out of My Head," by Kylie Minogue (spelling?). It's not that bad a song but kinda dull and monotinous but it sticks in my mind.

Renee,

That is so funny becuase I heard that song earlier today and its still freaking stuck in my head.. Most of the time the songs stuck in my head are from watching Seasame Street or the Evil Barney. You know I love you. You love me. Were a happy family. My youngest daughter loves those and so we sing them many times throughout the day. Oy the insanity of it all.

Anne

katiemac
03-11-2005, 08:50 AM
All I need say is this....

Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl. With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there...

maestrowork
03-11-2005, 08:57 AM
We represent, the lollipop guild
the lollipop guild
the lollipop guild
we represent, the LOLLIPOP GUIIIIILLLDDDD

Optimus
03-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Ugh...I had that stupid, "Rock Your Body" by Justin Timberlake stuck in my head after I saw a rerun of SNL the other night.

It finally left my head after about two days.

Good thing, too. I was just about to pull the trigger.

Optimus
03-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Great, just posting that got it stuck in my head again.

Arrrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poppy
03-11-2005, 09:16 AM
Okay the "Let My Love Open the Door" disease has been cured.

Now the symptoms of "Witch Doctor" by David Seville syndrome are beginning...

Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang
Walla walla, bing bang...
Walla walla, bing bang
Walla walla, bing bang

TemlynWriting
03-11-2005, 09:16 AM
I've been hooked on songs from the Broadway musical "Wicked" the last few months, and I tend to wake up with virtually any song from the show, playing in my head.

"You're gonna be Pop-U-LER! Lar. La, la, la, la. We're gonna make you popular."

(The "LER" is not a typo. Listen to the song and you'll see what I mean.) ;)

Poppy
03-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Most of the time the songs stuck in my head are from watching Seasame Street or the Evil Barney.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. Sesame Street helped me learn the ABC's.

Aardvark song: "I'm an aardvark and I'm proud."

"B is for bubble and bubblegum
And B is for brother who brought you some
And B is better than any letter for bubblegum"

"C is for cookie, that's good enough for me."

:thankyou:

Renee
03-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Great, just posting that got it stuck in my head again.

Arrrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee thanks, Optimus, now it's stuck in my head too. I know what you mean that song sticks. LOL..

Renee
03-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Renee,

That is so funny becuase I heard that song earlier today and its still freaking stuck in my head.. Most of the time the songs stuck in my head are from watching Seasame Street or the Evil Barney. You know I love you. You love me. Were a happy family. My youngest daughter loves those and so we sing them many times throughout the day. Oy the insanity of it all.

Anne

Hi Anne,

Oh, please no! Not Evil Barney! My niece sings that song - and has - for years! Lord help me!

sthrnwriter
03-11-2005, 09:47 AM
I have definitely had this problem before. For like two weeks straight I had "Lucky" by Britney Spears stuck in my head, playing over and over and over. God it was pure torture. I thought I would never get it out of my mind but then I heard "Its my life" by Bon Jovi and it replaced Britney, thank goodness.

Optimus
03-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Hey, Renee....

Don't be so quick to walk away
(Dance with me)
I wanna rock your body
Please stay
(come on dance with me)
You don't have to admit you
wanna play
(Dance with me)
Just let me rock you
Till the break of day
(come on and dance with me)

:Guitar:

:Headbang:

Galoot
03-11-2005, 11:06 AM
This happens all the time to my wife. She'll get something terrible in her head like, oh... Up, Up And Away by The 5th Dimension (my beautiful, my beautiful balloon). She'll start humming, then groan and complain to me about it.

I always say, "It could be worse. At least it's not I've Got You, Babe." I think up terrible ones in advance just to torture her; Sweet Georgia Brown, On the Sunny Side Of the Street, The theme from Hawaii-5-0, You're the One that I Love from Grease. http://absolutewrite.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

Judging by how few bruises I have, she's an amazingly patient woman.

rich
03-11-2005, 01:22 PM
I tend to get stuck on passages from "Madame Butterfly," especially when done by Renata Tibaldi. Also, I find myself humming "Ave Maria," but only when I hear Leontine Price do it.

Not really--things like "Louie Louie," yeah, but don't those first two sound more worldly?

Wasn't or isn't there this same topic around someplace?

Nivvie
03-11-2005, 02:46 PM
I tend to get stuck on passages from "Madame Butterfly," especially when done by Renata Tibaldi. Also, I find myself humming "Ave Maria," but only when I hear Leontine Price do it.

Not really--things like "Louie Louie," yeah, but don't those first two sound more worldly?

Wasn't or isn't there this same topic around someplace?

The problem with songs like 'Louie Louie' is that those are the only two words I know. So round and round they go.
And often I get these things so wrong....
Dancing queen, fear the beat from the tangerine,
Ooohhh yeahhhh,

Maryn
03-11-2005, 06:50 PM
This happens to both my younger kid and me constantly, and we've found that the trick is to have one powerful, huge piece of music you reserve solely for the purpose of driving these lesser works and their insidious hooks out of your mind.

You are not allowed to think about your Power Song and should rarely play it. Humming or hearing it only weakens it, and the mental playlist is hard-pressed to find a replacement.

Finding the Power Song that works for you might take some experimentation, but it should have its own hook, be loud, not too slow (other melodies slip in during long notes or pauses!), and be of such high quality that you would be content to use your mind's turntable to play it repeatedly for days, if it comes to that.

Lately, Pink Floyd's "The Wall" seems to be working for me.

Maryn, who don't need no education... (guitar riff) [she] don't need no thought control...

Shiny_Penguin
03-11-2005, 07:29 PM
I had Bach's Brandeburg Concerto stuck in my head the last few weeks, well that and Green Day's American Idiot. The worst is going to the grocery store because now the muzak is songs I liked in my youth. Nothing worse than getting the muzak version of Erasure stuck in your head!

Oh, and Barney was banned from my house for a very good reason....I hate him.

Dawno
03-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Anyone ever get conned into opening the link to "BananaPhone (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/badgerphone.php)"? That song pops into my head at the strangest times.

TemlynWriting
03-11-2005, 10:41 PM
And often I get these things so wrong....
Dancing queen, fear the beat from the tangerine,
Ooohhh yeahhhh,

*falls of her chair laughing*

TemlynWriting
03-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Anyone ever get conned into opening the link to "BananaPhone"? That song pops into my head at the strangest times.

That one's not as bad as "Badger Badger Badger," which it is related to. At least the "BananaPhone" has that ending, and the cute little "boo bee doo bee doo" going for it. ;)

rhymegirl
03-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Well, as far as getting the lyrics wrong, years ago when Jose Feliciano was singing his Spanish Christmas song, I thought he was singing "Her knees knocky knock" instead of Feliz Navidad.

ChunkyC
03-11-2005, 11:16 PM
I had Bach's Brandeburg Concerto stuck in my head the last few weeks, well that and Green Day's American Idiot.
Now there's a double-bill you won't see every day.

Well, as far as getting the lyrics wrong, years ago when Jose Feliciano was singing his Spanish Christmas song, I thought he was singing "Her knees knocky knock" instead of Feliz Navidad.
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/EmoteROFL.gif

There's a song called Black Black Heart by David Usher, where the last line of the chorus is "all your sex and your diamonds", but it always sounds to me like he's singing:

"Having sex with McGyver."

TemlynWriting
03-11-2005, 11:24 PM
There's a song called Black Black Heart by David Usher, where the last line of the chorus is "all your sex and your diamonds", but it always sounds to me like he's singing:

"Having sex with McGyver."

*falls off her chair again, laughing hysterically.*

Make it stop! *giggles*

Maryn
03-11-2005, 11:42 PM
I wish I could take credit for my favorite mis-heard lyrics, but this one belongs to Dave Barry, who, when he first heard the Beach Boys' "Help Me, Rhonda," thought they were saying...

Ever since you put me down
There's been owls pukin' in my bed!

Maryn, whose roommate used to think the Moody Blues' "Dear Diary" was "Dead Irene"

Wandering Sensei
03-12-2005, 01:16 AM
Will you guys stop it? If I start laughing out loud here in my cube, they'll KNOW that I'm not working!

Wandering Sensei
03-12-2005, 01:17 AM
When I first heard "Nights in White Satin," by the Moody Blues, I thought they were singing "KNIGHTS in White Satin." Since I was in the SCA at the time, it sounded perfectly sensible to me.

Renee
03-12-2005, 03:13 AM
Hey, Renee....

Don't be so quick to walk away
(Dance with me)
I wanna rock your body
Please stay
(come on dance with me)
You don't have to admit you
wanna play
(Dance with me)
Just let me rock you
Till the break of day
(come on and dance with me)

:Guitar:

:Headbang:

Optimus,

Oh, that was pure evil..lol.

(pulls out tha big guns..LOL)

:guns:

La la la
La la la la la
La la la
La la la la la

I just can't get you out of my head
I just can't get you out of my head
I just can't get you out of my head...

<<One more time folks:faint: you in the back sing..LOL)>>

La la la
La la la la la
La la la
La la la la la

Renee
03-12-2005, 03:17 AM
Will you guys stop it? If I start laughing out loud here in my cube, they'll KNOW that I'm not working!

LOL...:D

Nights in White Satin
never reaching the end..

Gee thanks!

ChunkyC
03-12-2005, 03:43 AM
'kay -- some of you know I used to be a musician in bar bands. Well, one group I was in played rockabilly tunes around the time of the Stray Cats craze. Anyhoo, at one point we hired a new singer who loved Elvis, and this cat could sing like nobody's business. So we were learning a bunch of older Elvis tunes, including Don't be Cruel. There's a line in the song that goes "Well, I walked up to the Preach-er." I couldn't believe my ears when the first time we ran through it in rehearsal, this new guy sings:

"Well a-one a two a three-chuh."

Optimus
03-12-2005, 03:49 AM
Nothing worse than getting the muzak version of Erasure stuck in your head!

Depends on if it's "Respect" or "Chains of Love."

;)

tfdswift
03-12-2005, 04:10 AM
My problem is even worse...

The songs that go through my head constantly are the ones on my exercise tape. And so instead of them just running through my head, I also tend to subconciously do the exercises - even in public. :o My son whacks me in the head and tells me to stop.:Smack:

Also two of the songs from my exercise tape are also featured in commercials on t.v. right now. And when they start to play I start to exercise.:Headbang: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_125v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYY91US) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_126.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYY91US) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_120.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYY91US) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_1_106v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYY91US)

~~Tammy

WVWriterGirl
03-12-2005, 07:55 AM
My favorite misheard lyric of all time came from an ex-boyfriend of mine many, many moons ago. It's from the INXS song "Need You Tonight", and the actual lyric says:

So slide over here
And give me a moment
Your moves are so raw
I've got to let you know
I've got to let you know
You're one of my kind

but, he heard it as:

So slide over here
And give me a moment
Your knees are so raw
I've got to let you know
I've got to let you know
You're one of my kind

We still laugh at him for it...or I would if I ever got to see him.

WVWG

Optimus
03-12-2005, 08:16 AM
Heh.

I always laugh at this misunderstood Jimi Hendrix line.

Excuse me while I kiss this guy...

Instead of "kiss the sky."

TemlynWriting
03-12-2005, 08:30 AM
My problem is even worse...

The songs that go through my head constantly are the ones on my exercise tape. And so instead of them just running through my head, I also tend to subconciously do the exercises - even in public. :o My son whacks me in the head and tells me to stop.:Smack:

Also two of the songs from my exercise tape are also featured in commercials on t.v. right now. And when they start to play I start to exercise.:Headbang: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_125v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYY91US) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_126.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYY91US) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_120.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYY91US) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_1_106v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYY91US)

~~Tammy

Tammy - I do the *same* thing!!!

Poppy
03-12-2005, 09:00 AM
What about this one from Creedence Clearwater Revival?

"There's a bathroom on the right."

Instead of "There's a bad moon on the rise."

And sometimes I purposely change lyrics just for kicks.

Like in the Foreigner song "Urgent" I sing "your underwear, it is so hard to find" instead of "You're everywhere but you're so hard to find."

And my brother likes to embed this part of a Weird Al song in my head. It's from "Bedrock Anthem."

Where's Wilma? Anybody seen her?
Got a baby elephant vacuum cleaner.

Okay, I'll stop now.

awatkins
03-12-2005, 06:30 PM
My husband used to be in a band with a guy who always sang, "Another one rides the bus" instead of "another one bites the dust." hehe.

Cabria
03-12-2005, 07:50 PM
My old girl guide song: And a rowdy bunch of girl guides that we were!!

"Swingin' on the outhouse door, without her nightie!
Waitin' for the garbage man, he was a lover........."

Debbie :rolleyes:

rhymegirl
03-12-2005, 08:28 PM
I like to revise Christmas song lyrics.

From The Christmas Song:

"Jack Frost ripping off your nose."

(instead of Jack Frost nipping at your nose."

I wrote an article last year about the mistakes people make with Christmas song lyrics.

From Away In a Manger:

"The cattle are blowing the poor baby away."

(the cattle are lowing, the poor baby wakes.)

From We Wish You a Merry Christmas:

"We'll bring you some frigging pudding"

And my brother-in-law used to sing:

"Hark the HAROLD Angels Sing"

SRHowen
03-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Band on the run--sheesh can't remember who sang it.

But back in HS a couple of my friends used to sing MAN on the run and even when I showed them the title on the record, they still screamed out MAn when they sang along and glarred at me.

Shawn

Cabria
03-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Band on the Run - "Paul McCartney and Wings"

Debbie :Sun:

SRHowen
03-12-2005, 11:22 PM
That's it--thanks.

Shawn

Cabria
03-12-2005, 11:25 PM
You're welcome!

Debbie :)

JennaGlatzer
03-13-2005, 12:02 AM
That's two!

"Knights in White Satin" and "Man on the Run."

Two that I never knew until now...

I swear I always thought it was "knights" and "man."

Then again, I also had no idea why people called Irish people "micks" until a few months ago, when I finally asked my husband. He looked at me like he had just lost a lot of respect for my brainpower.

Then there's that song where it sounds like douche, but it's really deuce... know what I'm talking about?

SRHowen
03-13-2005, 12:27 AM
I don't know why people call Irish people "micks" or for that matter some of the other racial names handed out.

Shawn

Optimus
03-13-2005, 12:44 AM
My husband used to be in a band with a guy who always sang, "Another one rides the bus" instead of "another one bites the dust." hehe.

That's actually a song by Weird Al Yankovich, "Another One Rides the Bus." It was on one of his very first albums in the early 80s. Around 1982, I think?

I remember it playing on the radio when I was in second grade.

Jenna, the "douche" song you're thinking of is the remake of "Blinded by the Light." I forget the name of the guy who remade it (and sounds like he's saying "douche"), but it was originally sung by Bruce Springsteen.

aka eraser
03-13-2005, 01:02 AM
Jenna, the "douche" song you're thinking of is the remake of "Blinded by the Light." I forget the name of the guy who remade it (and sounds like he's saying "douche"), but it was originally sung by Bruce Springsteen.

Manfred Mann. But I thought Mann did it first and Springsteen covered it. Then again, that was the 80s and I wasn't paying attention.

Galoot
03-13-2005, 01:08 AM
Sarah McLaughlin has a song called I Will Remember You with the lines:
Don't let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

Every time it comes on I hear:
Galoot, you sexy stud
Let's get naked and oil each other up

I swear it sounds just like that.

TemlynWriting
03-13-2005, 01:19 AM
I like to revise Christmas song lyrics.

From The Christmas Song:

"Jack Frost ripping off your nose."

(instead of Jack Frost nipping at your nose."

From We Wish You a Merry Christmas:

"We'll bring you some frigging pudding"

These two had me laughing out loud - again!

TemlynWriting
03-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Sarah McLaughlin has a song called I Will Remember You with the lines:
Don't let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

Galoot, you sexy stud

Someone recently misquoted those lines on a blog I read:

Will you remember me, I will remember you.
Don't let your life pass you by,
we're not fond of the memories.

First off, it's "I will remember you, will you remember me."
And why would we not be fond of the memories?

*shrug* :)

Renee
03-13-2005, 01:25 AM
Thank you Jenna, to this day I have wondered about that song

Blinded by the Light. Wrapped up like a douche..hehe...

It always sounded like that to me..LOL..so it's duece huh. That makes alot more sense..hehe..

three seven
03-13-2005, 01:58 AM
The problem with songs like 'Louie Louie' is that those are the only two words I know. So round and round they go.

Oh man, doesn't listening to someone recite the same two lines of a song over and over again because they don't know any more of the words just make you want to KILL THEM?

And is anyone familiar with that horrendous dance version of Hey! Baby? The one that goes "Heyyyyyyyy-eyyyyyyy Baby... OOH! AAH! I wanna kno-ooow-ooow..." They just started using it again here on an ad. Every time I hear it I want to destroy my television and stick forks in my ears. And the worst thing is, people actually insert the "OOH! AAH!" when they're singing along to the original. Way to take an irritating song and turn into an instrument of torture.

And as for those kids who come out with sh*t like "Wow, I really love that new song Teenage Kicks by Busted" and think that Robbie Williams wrote the theme to You Only Live Twice...
http://www.geocities.com/thingumybobwotsit/rifle.gif

Thanks, I feel better now.

rhymegirl
03-13-2005, 03:51 AM
Glad someone mentioned Sarah McLaughlin.

First, for a long time I could not get that she was saying: Weep not for the memories. She doesn't sing it very clearly. I kept saying, "WHAT is she saying?"

Second, there's that Angel song. For a long time I thought she was saying,
"From this star-crossed hotel room" which of course makes no sense.

It's actually "From this dark, cold hotel room" but she strings the word dark and cold together instead of ARTICULATING!!!

ChunkyC
03-13-2005, 04:33 AM
I love Weird Al Yankovich.

Like a surgeon ... cuttin' for the very first time.
Like a sur-ur-ur-ur-geon ... Feel your heart beat, for the very last time.

or his first hit:

I lost on Jeopardy ... baby
Ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo

and the classic:

Just eat it (eat it) eat it (eat it)
Get yourself an egg and beat it (oh lord)

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/Emoterofl5.gif

Frank: Manfred Mann's Earth Band did make Blinded By the Light a hit, unlike Springsteen's original recording.

Renee
03-13-2005, 04:52 AM
LOL...Weird Al..lord haven't heard that name...in awhile! Wonder what ever happened to him, god knows there are plenty of awful songs for him to poke fun at these days.

I love Weird Al Yankovich.

Like a surgeon ... cuttin' for the very first time.
Like a sur-ur-ur-ur-geon ... Feel your heart beat, for the very last time.

or his first hit:

I lost on Jeopardy ... baby
Ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo

and the classic:

Just eat it (eat it) eat it (eat it)
Get yourself an egg and beat it (oh lord)

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/Emoterofl5.gif

Frank: Manfred Mann's Earth Band did make Blinded By the Light a hit, unlike Springsteen's original recording.

allion
03-13-2005, 05:05 AM
And don't forget these other Weird Al classics:

Like a Surgeon

Smells Like Nirvana

My Bologna

I could go on, but I won't...

Karen

Galoot
03-13-2005, 05:10 AM
LOL...Weird Al..lord haven't heard that name...in awhile! Wonder what ever happened to him...

I asked some friends at Worth1000.com (http://www.w1k.com). They told me he's got a new job working with the carnival.

http://img169.exs.cx/img169/1608/carnivalal6by.th.jpg (http://img169.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img169&image=carnivalal6by.jpg)

Renee
03-13-2005, 06:21 AM
I asked some friends at Worth1000.com (http://www.w1k.com/). They told me he's got a new job working with the carnival.

http://img169.exs.cx/img169/1608/carnivalal6by.th.jpg (http://img169.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img169&image=carnivalal6by.jpg)

HAHAHAAAAAAA..those pictures were too funny! *wipes away tears*

Poppy
03-14-2005, 03:55 AM
I have always been a fan of Weird Al. Have all of his albums on cassette, but since they're almost obsolete now (and since my cassette player quit working), I'm trying to collect them on CDs. Bought a DVD with lots of his videos on it so that helps sustain me. I like him because he makes me laugh and reminds me not to take things so seriously all the time. :)

His parents died recently if I remember correctly. I think it was carbon monoxide poisoning.

Galoot, you sexy stud

Ya know, I think you're right. ;)

Optimus
03-14-2005, 07:54 AM
"My Bologna" was actually his first song. Funny stuff. I don't remember if it was on the same album as "Another One Rides the Bus" or not. I remember they were released close to each other...at least...I think.

Funny stuff.

Shiny_Penguin
03-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Depends on if it's "Respect" or "Chains of Love."

;)

I've heard both :eek:

I thought Bush's "got a machinehead" was "got a mushy head"
And Pearl Jam's "Can't find a beter man" was "Can't find the butter, man"
And my boys insist that in Blitzkreig Bop the Ramones say "they're swimming in the back seat"

Melina
03-14-2005, 07:25 PM
I LOVE this thread! I was laughing so hard, I literally wet my pants! TMI, I know, but my gawd! You guys are killin' me!

Weird Al is still spoofing songs, but it's Britney Spears and such these days. My 9-year-old asked me if I ever heard of Weird Al...that was too funny!

Here's a post by Gia from a similar thread in Humor. This one about killed me...

back to songs:
wondering if there actual words to "benny and the jets"?
maybe someone posted this already but i haven't seen it.

she's got electric prunes
ya mole han runes ya know
yaevealaagedda yedda yaee yo yoa
bbbbenny and the jets

Anyone got any more? I'm lovin' this...

Melina

Vipersniper
03-15-2005, 07:41 AM
:kiss: Looking back on the memory of.
The dance we shared neath the stars above.

Image all the people living in the world.

Give me a ticket for an aeroplane.
She wrote me a letter. Plus others that I love.

I hate this for reasons explained by an ex boyfriend.

And when she gets behind closed doors.
And she lets her hair hang down

Baby, baby don't get hooked on me.

Judy T. Lloyd The Country Cousin. I make it a habit to learn something new each day by George Washington Carver.

Maryn
03-15-2005, 08:35 PM
I always hear the "Benny and the Jets" lyrics in question as

She's got electric boots,
She's wearin' mohair suits,
You know I read it in a magazine.

Of course, that's probably iffy at best. Everybody knows that you just don't wear a mohair suit with electric boots!

Maryn, terribly fashion-savvy (yeah, right)

Renee
03-16-2005, 08:48 AM
LOL

sthrnwriter
03-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Weird Al is still spoofing songs, but it's Britney Spears and such these days.

How am I not surprised that he would be spoofing Britney Spears. She is just a prime candidate for it. Did anyone hear her new song? I think its called "Do Something." I watched the video for it once on MTV. I hope I never see it again. I think she is starting to get a little desperate being a married woman now and all.

Dawno
03-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Manfred Mann. But I thought Mann did it first and Springsteen covered it. Then again, that was the 80s and I wasn't paying attention.

Nope, it was written by Bruce and was the first track in his Greetings From Asbury Park album in 1973. It didn't do so well. When Manfred Mann released it in 1976 it was a #1 hit. Got the info on that from here. (http://www.songfacts.com/detail.lasso?id=964)

In Aretha Franklin's Respect I hear the line "R E S P E C T, take out TCP" which in my mind didn't make any sense because then you'd have the word RESE and what's that supposed to mean?? :confused:...anyway I read that the line actually goes "Take care, TCB" (takin care of business) and is often misheard. So now I feel all :Smack:

Renee
03-17-2005, 09:15 AM
How am I not surprised that he would be spoofing Britney Spears. She is just a prime candidate for it. Did anyone hear her new song? I think its called "Do Something." I watched the video for it once on MTV. I hope I never see it again. I think she is starting to get a little desperate being a married woman now and all.

I agree! Is it just me or is she copying the style of Gwen Stefani? Particularly on that song Do Something.

Optimus
03-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Well, in all fairness, Gwen Stefani's style isn't really her style, since she didn't write any of the songs on her album either.

But, Britney is such a social dilettante. She tries to copy Madonna, so she got all raunchy and joined the Kabbalah Club. She tries to be like Paris Hilton, and goes everywhere with her new teacup poodle. She used to be hot, now she's just the nasty white trash I always knew she could be.