Motorcycle--does this pass the smell test?

brittanimae

making a fresh start.
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I've been working on this one bit. I love the suggestions about paint and rubberized grips, and I'm going to add those later, but in this scene Max is at the wrecking yard where he's showing the owner the stuff he found that he wants to buy. Since it's fiction it can stretch reality, but I don't want to be blatantly ridiculous about something obvious. If you motorcycle buffs could let me know if it seems believable?

[FONT=&quot]“A turbo-charger Corvair spider engine with stainless steel crank-case and titanium pistons, chrome-plated Brig R-3 exhaust pipes, jet stems, keyless fingerprint-activated ignition, and” Max reached down and strained to lift his final item, before dropping it in resignation, smiling over the counter and adding “YTX platinum-elite spoiler wings.”[/FONT]

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
That sounds pretty cool. I'm assuming your story is in the near future / alternate reality? In which case that would do lovely. Post me one please.

Just one note - if the Corvair is an invented name for the bike - Chevvy built Corvairs in the 1960's. Although there's nothing to say you can't put a car engine in bike - I've seen it done.... But you might not want any car fanatics saying 'But! But!' and muttering to themselves. :)

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Although there's nothing to say you can't put a car engine in bike - I've seen it done.... :)

I'm not a motorcycle buff but I'd like to see a photo of that monster. I'd also like to not be the father of the kid who drives it.

wee

just a little
Registered
Reaction score
He found all that in good shape at a wrecking yard? Jeez, we spent 9 months looking for a bumper for an '03 Dodge Ram that wasn't rusted or overpriced. That would be my only question. He must have a really great wrecking yard!

But not everyone lives in the boonies...

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I'm not a motorcycle buff but I'd like to see a photo of that monster. I'd also like to not be the father of the kid who drives it.

V8 - I almost died going into the roundabout - and he wouldn't take anyone under 18, except for that rally virgin we had to break in....

Mlshanks

"Turbo-charged" not "Turbo-charger"

Try substituting "Hayabusa," "Evo," or "BMW KT1600" for "Corvair spider"....

If you're looking for crotch-rocket credibility, you need to talk about how many frame/body parts are "carbon fiber" (for light weight)

....and spoilers are more automotive than motorcycle. If you really want the power/weight ratio boys drooling, have that last item be, " a mini-tank nitrous set-up"