PDA

View Full Version : Singleton Wants Woody Harrelson in 'The A-Team' Movie

jst5150
01-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Perhaps Ted Danson as Hannibal. It can be a pseudo "Cheers" reunion! ;)

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/01/13/singleton-wants-woody-harrelson-in-the-a-team-movie/

Bmwhtly
01-15-2008, 05:53 PM
I could see Harrelson as Murdoch.
Ad I'm glad they're not to farcify it like they did with Starsky & Hutch.

But, we'll wait and see.

Shadow_Ferret
01-15-2008, 06:48 PM
But, but, the original A-Team was a farce to begin with.

Why wouldn't they make this one a farce? They do everything backasswards in Hollywood!

And I can't stand Woody.

ChaosTitan
01-16-2008, 05:42 AM
Ice Cube was one of my top picks to play B.A. I think he could play the role. Woody as Murdock? Hmmm...

Honestly? Hannibal is the trickiest role to cast and get right. I can't imagine who I'd like to see in the role.

I'm glad Singleton seems to *get* the show and is doing a serious take. Starsky and Hutch made me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a fork.

Shadow_Ferret
01-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Hmm. Maybe I didn't get A-Team. It wasn't serious, it was an action spoof, no? That's why no matter how many bullets were flying through the air, nobody got hit.

Whereas Starsky and Hutch was an honest to goodness buddy cop show.

Seems to me if you do a serious A-Team, you're doing it as much a disservice as making Starsky and Hutch a farce.

ChaosTitan
01-17-2008, 04:26 AM
I think you can do a "serious" film without making it completely serious. Lethal Weapon, for example, is an action film, but it's hilarious. I think I'd like to see a similar take for The A-Team film.

I don't know that I'd call the series a spoof of the action genre. IIRC, the network declared that no one get seriously injured, because it aired at 8pm (family hour). Also, because the team was the good guys, the writers didn't want to portray them as killers. They weren't. They didn't aim to kill, just to stop.

seun
01-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Whoever plays Hannibal won't come close to Peppard's disguises...

"Where's Hannibal hiding?"
"He's that guy over there in the hat."

ALLWritety
01-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Are you guys serious a "A-Team" movie!
Stands back in amazement!

Hey since they are doing all the 70's & 80's TV shows maybe i could write a movie about one of them.
Now what shall it be????

MrWrite
01-19-2008, 06:07 AM
Are you guys serious a "A-Team" movie!
Stands back in amazement!

Hey since they are doing all the 70's & 80's TV shows maybe i could write a movie about one of them.
Now what shall it be????

How about Buck Rogers? or Six Million Dollar Man? Or Wonderwoman lol. There are loads of candidates out there. Anyone know if the Six Million Dollar Man with Jim Carrey is ever going to be released? I am worried that with him in the starring role they'll ruin the movie. I've always loved that show!

ChaosTitan
01-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Anyone know if the Six Million Dollar Man with Jim Carrey is ever going to be released?

:Jaw:

Dear Lord.

In other (less horrifying) news, Joss Whedon is supposed to be attached to a Wonder Woman feature film. Although I have a feeling it'll be based more on the comics than the TV show. :)

John Paton
01-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Col Hannibal Smith played originally by George Peppard

What about George Clooney ??

Sgt BA Baracus originally played by Mr T

Yes to Ice Cube - he would be ideal

Lt Peck originally played by Dirk Benedict

What about Edward Norton or Jake Gyllenhaal ??

Captain Murdock originally played by Dwight Schultz

What about Hugh Jackman ??

If Stephen J Cannell is involved then the script will not be a farce. He is a towering genius amongst scriptwriters.

MattW
01-20-2008, 04:20 AM
I like Ice Cube, but my childhood memory puts Mr T in roles like BA and Clubber Lang because he's big and intimidating, and he would never have had trouble with D-Bow.

Bmwhtly
01-21-2008, 05:32 PM
In other (less horrifying) news, Joss Whedon is supposed to be attached to a Wonder Woman feature film.Yeah, isn't he getting Moreena Bacharin (Inara off of Firefly) to play Ms Wonder Woman?

ChaosTitan
01-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Her name's been mentioned, along with several others. I know Morena looks the part, but I don't know if she's got that kick-ass-titude needed to really portray WW.

Serenity
01-21-2008, 08:51 PM
They would need to cross Morena with Summer Glau, I think. I love both of them, but really couldn't imagine either one on their own playing Wonder Woman.

I will go see the A-Team movie whenever it comes out regardless of the cast, simply because it was a childhood favorite of mine. I may gripe about it after, but I'll still go. :D