jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Hunter S Thompson said:
"My concept of death for a long time was to come down that mountain road at 120 and just keep going straight right there, burst out through the barrier and hang out above all that . . . and there I'd be, sitting in the front seat, stark naked, with a case of whiskey next to me and a case of dynamite in the trunk . . . honking the horn, and the lights on, and just sit there in space for an instant, a human bomb, and fall down into that mess of steel mills. It'd be a tremendous goddam explosion. No pain. No one would get hurt. I'm pretty sure, unless they've changed the highway, that launching place is still there. As soon as I get home, I ought to take the drive just to check it out." --Quoted in St. Petersburg Times, February 22, 2005

http://www.alternativereel.com/includes/top-ten/display_review.php?id=00076

Gooch

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cinemafromage.com
I love HST! I'd consider him a bit of an idol.

Matter of fact, I'm using my all time favorite quote of his as a mantra as I try and launch a writing career:

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Sums it up nicely I think :D

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
"The 1972 presidential campaign is beginning to feel more and more like the second day of a Hell's Angels Labor Day picnic. . . -- but not for me: I have to come back out to California and ride that goddamn fiendish Vincent Black Shadow again, for the road tests"

Fear and Loathing: On The Campaign Trail '72