How would you react if you suddenly were there?

HourglassMemory

Registered
Reaction score
Imagine you went to sleep one day and suddenly woke up in the middle of the world you created. Or inside the house of your MC.

What would you do?

TrishD

Registered
Reaction score
Website
trishdoller.com
I would try on all my MCs shoes.

(Oh... wait... they wouldn't fit me.)

Hm. I'd find the keys to her BMW (because I'd know where she keeps them) and go for a drive around Boston.

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
I would try to go back to sleep. Usually that triggers waking up. Right?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
If I woke up inside the house of one of my contemporary fiction protags, I'd probably be happy as a clam. One is in my home town and the other is a sprawling mansion. And I'd like to sit down for a nice chat with either of them.

If I wound up in the middle of my medieval fantasy, I would immediately dress myself as a man, steal a horse, and head... AGH! Where would I go? The entire world is a nightmare of war and theivery! No way would I want to be a woman in that world.

If I ended up in either of my sci fi epics, I would head for a spaceport ASAP. I would be in heaven among the stars. Although I would probably go pretty heavily armed.

Gray Rose

Beware of the Thorns!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
roselemberg.net
Admire the art collection while I am waiting to talk to my MC.

I guess I could be frantically trying to figure out whether I have magical abilities and therefore social status, but it would not be polite.

Last edited:

donut

fame-seeking floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
telepathicparanoia.com
Well, my characters live in my hometown, which is where I am right now, so I don't know if I'd notice right away. Unless... am I their age, too? Ack! I don't want to go back to high school.

I've already had that dream and it sucked royally.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Try to bargain with one of my MCs by trading information on future plot points for sanctuary. Of course, first I'd have to convince him (and others) not to lynch me based on what's occured in the story so far.

:D

Finni

discipula vitae
Registered
Reaction score
I had this dream when I first started working on this novel. I was observing things and just watching people until an angry mob came to me demanding to know why I was telling the story. They accused me of breaking a law of some sorts....that I can't write about history because its a spiritual crime (or something wierd like that). I was freaking out then my MC started to defend me. When I couldn't get away from the angry people he just took my hand and led me to a different dream. It was pretty distressing, I woke up having a panic attack.

So, if I were to fall alseep and find myself inside the story again I am pretty sure my body would have a violent reaction and I'd wake up. Hopefully :e2cry:

amber_grosjean

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amberrigbygrosjean.blogspot.com
let's see. If it were Cursed Blood, I would make sure it wasn't Donna's birthday first of all. If it was, I would run. If not, I would hang out and enjoy.

For Stolen Identity, I'm not sure what I would do lol. There would be a lot to explore. First of all, the home is really nice so I would explore it and raide the fridge lol. If I heard some moaning, I would quietly check it out lol. That one is more real so I may be lost in that one.

As for some of my newest stories, it would really depend on the scene I found myself in, I mean really depend. Mother of the Dragons would freak me out and entice my imagination at the same time. I would hope I had magical powers if I were in the scene from Peterson Estate. So really it would depend where I was lol but I would be so fascinated at the same time regardless.

Amber

geardrops

Good thing I like my day job
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geardrops.net
I'd probably smile, say "Sweet," and then pray I was telekinetic.

If I wasn't... I'd probably off myself. No sense in goin on at that point.

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
Life as usual.

I'm not all that observant.

This is me, too. lol

I'd notice something was off, but it'd probably take me a little to realize what, exactly.

After that it wouldn't matter much...unless I was taking the place of one of my MCs. Then it'd be an issue...

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Oh, I know what I'd do. If I woke up in the mansion from Ghosts, I'd run upstairs and open the locked doors. I never did let any of my characters investigate, so I'm pretty curious to see what's up there.

Varthikes

Dragon Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Draconia, Orion's Arm, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way G
I would certainly have a time of my life. Of course, that would depend which world I woke up on. I would not enjoy it if I woke up on the primary antagonist's homeworld and have them plant a little machine in my brain...

But, if I woke up on the world that is my primary setting... And, meeting my main characters... I wouldn't want to leave.

Hmm... This gives me an idea... ;)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I would probably start cleaning up after him. I have a husband and two sons, I'm used to it in the real world.

What I'd like to do there, though, is go for a beer with MC and his best friend. They'd be fun.

Paichka

The BIC-Believer
Registered
Reaction score
Pray I had magical abilities. If I was markless, life wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

Likely I wouldn't be able to speak the language, though. I don't speak High Cairdic. :)

JustGo

Digging through graves of giants
Registered
Reaction score
Panic. Then get myself under control and find out if I'm still in Chapter One. If I am, I try to talk my MC into moving a little faster and join him in fleeing, because wearing these clothes in a medieval setting (jeez, I might not even speak the language!) I'm probably going to be thought of as a spy, and, man, the inquisitors are not nice people!

At other points... I'd try to save whatever character I'm with the agony they're getting involved in and flee east, where people aren't so excited about disembowling each other, then try to figure out how I was going to get back to this world. I do not want to live there. Like they say in Timeline - "The only thing worse than dying here is living here."

Man, that'd be terror incarnate, even with the advantage of knowing what happens. I don't even want to dream about that.

Tedium

Le sigh.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Panic. Then I would do my damnedest to avoid being lynched. I'm sure my characters could find some reason or another to be angry at me. I imagine it would be a lot like what would happen to Jesus if he came back tomorrow.

"Why didn't you make life happy and perfect?"

I'm getting a headache already. :p