Who wants to see Youtube footage of me as a monstrous freak? (Jack & Celia update)

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
So here's a little something about what we've been doing since I moved to Minneap to be with Celia Cyanide for ever and forever.

Okay, so JP Wenner, the dude who commissioned a screenplay from me (The Spooner Sisters), just put test footage up on Youtube of me as Mr. Grimm, the de facto villain of the film.

Now, this stuff is not for the squeamish. Not only am I a 3rd-degree burn victim (in the film), but I'm also in total Goth make-up with Emo hair.

We got the absolutely bitching tag team combo of Crowe and Jayde (who actually is a real witch-and, no! I'm not talking Wiccan) to do the props and FX for us and she created this really great burn make-up from me (dredged from her own experiences as a 3rd-degree burn victim after a deep fryer exploded right next to her).

That's Jayde hovering around me in the kitchen, in the "Only Good Girls Go to Heaven...I wasn't invited" tee.

She and Crowe (he's a Lakota Indian, she changed her name, hence the odd handles) are going to design custom talismans for the Spooner sisters to wear on their right hands and they're contributing all kinds of great props, like John Barleycorns and corn husk dolls, as well as some wicked props and FX.

KUDOS TO THEM!!!

The make-up is a combination of latex, gelation, tissue paper and thickened honey for blood. It's slightly off-color (like I could tell, being canine color blind) because JP's shooting in high-def.

My character is basically an incubus, a demon who rapes women in their sleep. It's moot whether I'm a genuine incubus, a guilty imagining of Mona Spooner (my victim) or her undead boyfriend, Jimmy Hurley (Twin Peaks ref) returned from the fiery depths to torment her.

You see, we were actually Goth darlings in college (Mr. and Mrs. Grimm) and we were in an auto wreck. She lived (mostly 'cause of her witching powers). I died. And I am very, very resentful.

So I kill off anyone Mona has sex with.

So her sister, Jacklyn (played by the incandescent CELIA CYANIDE) keeps her housebound, so she can't screw-slaughter anyone.

The only awkward part of the movie is that Mona and I have to be kind of intimate, but seeing how I have total creative control there (being the screenwriter), it's not too, too terribly bad.

The only bad part of the test screening was when the latex/gelatin superheated and bonded with my arm and chest hair and we had to tear it off (oh, the epithets issuing from my mouth would make a Tarantino character's ears gush blood!)

It took an hour, in the end, to get that shit off, and I still have raccoon eyes from the KISS make-up.

Anyhoo, this film is going to be brilliant. Celia's the producer and she is a huge name in Minneapolis Indy film and Minneapolis is a big name in Indy film, period! I mean, for Christ's sake, they just put her on a poker chip as scream queen extraordinaire.

Anyhoo, below is a link to the footage, which I know you're dying to see, as well as the Spooner Sister Myspace page. It's got some really great posters JP and I made. They're done Suspiria-style, like the film itself, with all of the characters color coded (I'm blue). And if you do a little digging in the pictures section, you'll unearth some tasteful nudes I took of myself as Mr. Grimm.

I can't wait to hear what you guys think-and hey, drop a comment on our Youtube and Myspace pages, too, if you want. I know Celia and JP would love to hear what you think...

THE GRUESOME, VILE AND WHOLLY STOMACH-CHURNING TEST FOOTAGE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL1P5RIbbEQ

THE SPOONER SISTERS MYSPACE PAGE...

http://www.myspace.com/spoonersisters

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Josh, you are so sweet! I don't know if I would say I am a big name in indie film in general, but thanks for mentioning my poker chip! I am excited to work on this movie. It should be awesome.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
That burn make-up is really good, guys! Very oozy and painful-looking. And the premise is fun. I'll be following along.

Break a leg and all that. Keep us posted.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
OH MY GOD! IT LIVES! IT BREATHES!

Hello, Jackie Poo!

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Good to see you LJ and Celia! It's very cool that you guys are able to actually see your creation come together! Hopefully this will be the start of something big for you two. The burn make-up is quite realistic looking, and trust me, I should know! (look at my myspace pictures for some real ones, though in the pictures mine had already been clean and are now covered in dead skin.). Good luck, and be sure to keep us abreast of the progress of the production!

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
The makeup crew is FANTASTIC!

Congrats, you two.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, the makeup is amazing. It's so odd to hear people talking normally who look like that, even making jokes...

Maryn, redefining "normal"

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I just spent the past two hours shaving myself from top to toe to avoid any more latex horrors.

Oh, and it's great to see all y'all, as well. I mean, this is where I met my bride-to-be. This will always and evermore be a very special place to me, even after it vanishes into the cyber-ether.