PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural (Warning: Spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

AnnaC
01-15-2008, 02:20 AM
Hey, everyone!

Supernatural, on the CW, Thursdays at 9pm. Anybody else watch this show?

I remember back in 2005 when this was being launched but for some reason never really caught an episode. Over the last couple of months I've been able to watch it--and now I'm hooked! I love this show. I love the brother's banter, but most especially that they'd do anything for each other. I love the way the writer's revisit urban legends--Winchester style, and tease us with snippets of info on Sam and Dean's past, slowly unlocking the mystery surrounding them. Plus, the cool 67 Impala with a trunk that's a weapons stash, and classic rock in the background. Now I'm hearing that the CW will remove it from their line-up by the end of February, but not cancel it. What?! *cries*

http://cwtv.com/shows/supernatural/about

HeronW
01-15-2008, 02:23 AM
Maybe it has something to do with the writers' strike or there's only so many legends they can do before repeating themselves.

katiemac
01-15-2008, 02:30 AM
Now I'm hearing that the CW will remove it from their line-up by the end of February, but not cancel it. What?! *cries*

It's most likely due to the writer's strike. If it aired in the fall, then it's almost out of episodes, if not out already. And many shows that were supposed to premiere in January and February are getting delayed openings, since they don't have enough episodes to run.

Fox The Cave
01-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Supernatural is an excellent show - you really have to watch it from the beginning to appreciate it though. One of the most unsung shows on TV right now - Supernatural thrives on this brillian atmosphere that its created. And the fact that Sam and Dean Winchester are extremely enjoyable to watch - great characters.

AnnaC
01-16-2008, 03:23 AM
Thanks for the replies!

Supernatural has 3-4 new episodes left that will be aired starting the last week of January. I kind of figured that due to the writer's strike, there wouldn't be any new ones for a while, just like you guys said. What irks me is that after those episodes, the CW is completely removing the show from their schedule--no reruns at all! Instead, they're sliding a second week showing of 'Reaper' in that time slot. I'd love to see repeats of Supernatural until the writer's strike ends and not a double dose of a show I don't even watch.

Ah, well. I guess there's always youtube.

Allynegirl
01-16-2008, 07:12 PM
I would also say it has to do with the writer's strike.

I own Seasons 1 & 2 of Supernatural (never saw it on TV, heard great reviews of it though) and am hooked. I will be really depressed if it gets cancelled anywhere in the near future!

Shadow_Ferret
01-16-2008, 07:18 PM
I used to watch Supernatural when it first started. I loved that show, but I've lost track of it when it went from UPN to whatever its called now. Plus I was DVRing it, but our DVR died and I forgot to reset it up for that show. What nights is it on now?

jedimaster107
01-17-2008, 05:13 PM
From what i was told, there were only like maybe 8-10 (it was a low number) of episodes filmed and the rest of the season in production. I loved stuff like this. i got hooked when i watched the first episode online the day before it started. The only thing i don't like is the whole "wanted by the FBI" crap. sounds like the conspiracy thing from the Xfiles.

Speaking of the CW, anyone watches Smallville? I don't have TV and relay on DVD's to catch my shows.

Shadow_Ferret
01-17-2008, 07:18 PM
But aren't they wanted because of things they have done, like false identities, impersonating officers, and such?

Fox The Cave
01-17-2008, 08:22 PM
"But aren't they wanted because of things they have done, like false identities, impersonating officers, and such?"

Yep, and it really helps show you just how unappreciated Sam and Dean are. Despite the fact that they're constantly putting their own lives on the line, Sam and Dean are absolutely alone in the world. As of the end of Season Two, their entire family is dead, they're at war with the Demons, they're being hunted by the FBI, and to top it all of they're actually mistrusted and hunted by their fellow hunters (after they started to become suspicious of Sam).

Its an ironic twist of fate - the shows hunters are being hunted by just about everyone.

Supernatural is loaded with great, subtle little ironies and such.

AnnaC
03-04-2008, 06:55 PM
YES!!

CW announces early pickups

Early pickups are always happy news -- especially if your favorite TV shows are among those getting the renewal. So, today's announcement that Smallville, Supernatural (http://www.tvsquad.com/category/supernatural/), Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, America's Next Top Model and the sitcom Everybody Hates Chris are all returning to the CW next season is a reason to smile.

Supernatural will be back for a fourth season on Thursday nights, continuing to run alongside Smallville.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/03/03/cw-announces-early-pickups/

Allynegirl
03-04-2008, 08:22 PM
WooHoo! :hooray:

AnnaC
09-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Tonight's the night! Yes!

Season 4 starts tonight (9/8c) with the episode "Lazarus Rising". I can't wait and my whole family will be glued in front of the TV to watch! :)

For those interested, below the spoiler space I'm adding a teaser about tonight's episode. It's already been revealed, but for those that don't want to know, don't read any further!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

!

From the CW Episode Guide:

It's four months later and Dean (Jensen Ackles) wakes in a pine box. He's been freed from Hell. He has a joyful reunion with Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Bobby (Jim Beaver), but it isn't long before the three wonder what exactly pulled Dean from Hell and what it will want in return.

http://cwtv.com/shows/supernatural

rugcat
09-19-2008, 08:29 AM
It's a fine show.

Disclaimer -- I know one of the producers and his wife, who wrote a couple of episodes -- an old friend of mine. They haven't asked me to write an episode though, despite some not so subtle hints.

Idahobo
09-19-2008, 08:40 AM
I'll admit Supernatural is a bit a guilty pleasure of mine, or at least was. I'll have to catch up, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

On a humorous side note, I have a friend who is looking to get rid of his box set of season one because it scares his wife. Not the show, just the box for some reason.

Fox The Cave
09-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Just watched the first episode of Season 4...

...so fucking good. Can't wait to see more, they'v really set the tone for the rest of the season. I'm interested with they do with Ruby now - though i'm gonna miss Katie Cassidy, the new actress is gonna have to grow on me. The ending left me gagging for more.

Satori1977
09-25-2008, 12:10 AM
I love this show, definitely one of my "must see". I first started watching it because I thought it would be like Buffy, which is my all-time favorite show. But they were very different. Supernatural is much darker, and I love the relationship between Sam and Dean. Very talented actors, and beautifully woven characters. I was a fan of Jenson Ackles when he was on Days of Our Lives when I was in high school. In this show, he proves he is more than just a cheesy, cookie-cutter soap hunk. Dan Winchester is one of the most interesting and complex characters I have seen in a long time.

Satori1977
09-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Just watched the first episode of Season 4...

...so fucking good. Can't wait to see more, they'v really set the tone for the rest of the season. I'm interested with they do with Ruby now - though i'm gonna miss Katie Cassidy, the new actress is gonna have to grow on me. The ending left me gagging for more.

Great first ep...I was sitting on the edge of my seat, and every question answered just created 5 more questions. Love this show. And I was so excited to see a new Ruby! Not just because I enjoy the character, but she was replaced by Genevieve Cortese, of a recently cancelled show I watched (I think she was unknown before that show, Wildfire on ABC Family). She is a great actress and I think she will bring much to the character of Ruby.

Fox The Cave
09-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Anyone else think that a Ruby and Sam relationship would make sense? While Sam stated he isn't sure if he could trust her, they're shown talking fairly casually and Ruby's dialogue was a lot softer than usual around Sam in the first episode. Plus, with Sam's demon blood she's probably one of the only chicks in the world he could relate to and identify with these days. Plus, she was in her panties when Dean barged in on Sam. What were Sam and Ruby doing with Ruby in her panties...?;)

But Dean would most certainly not be too happy with that...

Over in Egypt, I can't see the second episode 'till Sunday, if i'm lucky. God damn you Yankee's for not immediately uploading it to Limewire!

Rolling Thunder
11-15-2008, 06:18 AM
Apparently, Sam and Ruby had the tryst.

I started watching it last season and have kept up with it. I wondered when they'd get around to adding the 'good guys' and the writers did.

Angels.

Not the fluffy type either. Some of them refer to humans as 'mud-monkeys' and they aren't always pleased about having to help the Winchesters out. Makes me wonder if I should be rooting for the demons.

Fox The Cave
11-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Now we've seen some of Sam's time while Dean was gone, i'd like to see what Dean was up to in hell...

Seriously, this show just goes from strength to strength.

I'm also extremely interested to see how the Ruby/Sam relationship continues, if it does. While it may just be sexual, and plain old non existant since Dean's been back, its obviously gonna effect things in episodes to come.

MrWrite
11-20-2008, 08:18 AM
I watched the first ever episode when it first came out but for some reason the show didn't grab me and I never watched another one...until last week. I started planning to watch a few minutes just to see how it was now and am now hooked. So this weekend I'm buying season 1 so I can start the long process of catching up.
If last weeks episode is typical then I'll be watching from now on.

dirtsider
11-20-2008, 06:03 PM
I bought the box sets of the first two seasons but haven't gotten the third season yet. I generally buy DVD of most shows since I don't bother getting cable, seeing as it would go to waste for the most part. Besides, it interferes with my book budget....

Needless to say, I love this show for the way the brothers are portrayed, their relationship and the way the show does the urban legends.

MrWrite
11-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Okay so I finally got season 1. I've watched the first 3 episodes already. Why do I always take so long to catch on to good shows? :Shrug:

Anyway great show!

nevada
11-23-2008, 09:39 PM
OKay I dont want to spoil it for those of you still catching up, but I have to share this. Dean and the angel?!?!?!?!?! If I were a writer (hahaha) I totally know what direction I'd take that plot line. It's possible. She wasn't an angel at the time and susceptible to all human stuff right? Colds,....other things. Oh yeah, I would be fearless and totally write it in that direction.

MrWrite
11-23-2008, 09:41 PM
I've seen the last 2 episodes of season 4 nev. I love the direction the show is goin in and I agree that what you're suggesting would be a mind blowing storyline!

Fox The Cave
11-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Sam screwed a Demon, Dean screwed an Angel.

Apparently kinky runs in this family...

heatgirl
12-03-2008, 04:24 AM

haha I just finished watching this episode! I thought it was the best episode they have ever done...cant wait to see more!

Beautiful_Liar
02-20-2009, 03:19 AM
I freaking love that show!

Dean Winchester is my hubby.

MrWrite
02-20-2009, 04:45 AM

I bet they're related to Buffy! :ROFL:

Goodchild
02-20-2009, 06:56 PM
I love Supernatural. Love it. I reckon it's the best genre show on tv at the mo (in England, I mean). I'm particularly fond of (and influenced by) the way humour is used in the how, in that it always fits the situation, even if it gets a bit goofy. I'm also impressed by the amount of gore they can get away with sometimes. I only wish ITV hadn't faffed about with it over here in the UK - I missed the last two series on tv so had to go out and buy the dvds. What a shame! haha

katatonic
03-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Wow, i'm surprised there isn't much love on here for this show.

Just watched the latest episode....WOW, the best episode of the season.

This is one of very few shows that is continually good week in week out, and especially now when the episodes aren't as stand alone-ish.

Unlike Heroes, this show hasn't shot itself in the head, and unlike Prison Break (which is a good show) the relationships are believable and not forced. I grew tired of Lost's bullshit, and have been getting annoyed at how the terminator series fluctuates week to week.

The only other show I can think of that was good week in, week out was Dexter.

K. Taylor
03-20-2009, 04:06 PM
It's can't miss TV in our house. I got into it partly into season 1, and stuck with it since. We have all 3 DVD sets.

Calla Lily
03-20-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm totally hooked on it.

Allynegirl
04-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I never have time to find it on regular TV and don't have DVR, so I wait for the Seasons to come out on DVD (just got Season 3 at Christmas). Absolutely love this show, but have no idea what is going on during Season 4. When does it come out on DVD? Not soon enough I'm sure.

K. Taylor
04-01-2009, 11:49 PM
September, if it's like the rest of the releases.

nahalwi
04-02-2009, 02:09 AM
I really like the fact that most of the major stations have it so you can watch them online now too. Can watch whenever you feel like. Or Hulu.

Definitely saved my butt when I missed an episode here and there of Supernatural :P

Mondays and Thursdays are the only times I really try and schedule any t.v. watchin times. The rest could be cut out and I don't care.

mamaesme
04-05-2009, 06:13 AM
Supernatural, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
1. Jensen, 2. Jared, 3. Misha....

When I was still at home this was the only show my parents let me watch after 6. It didn't have sex or too much violence (or so my parents thought). Tells you how many eppies they watched with me.

Parametric
04-05-2009, 06:19 AM
I think I actually hurt myself laughing at this week's episode. Sam explaining Wincest to Dean ... it ... it just ... *dies*

Awesome show. Now that Burn Notice and Battlestar Galactica are off air Supernatural is my #1 ongoing TV show.

nevada
04-05-2009, 09:14 AM
"I am the prophet....Chuck"

mamaesme
04-05-2009, 10:48 AM
"I am the prophet....Chuck"

"I mean writing yourself into the story is one thing, but as a prophet? That is like M. Night-level doucheness."

"You should have seen Luke."

Calla Lily
04-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Great lines, mamaesme.

:( The next ep isn't till the 23rd! :cry:

anne_marie
04-05-2009, 08:38 PM
"I mean writing yourself into the story is one thing, but as a prophet? That is like M. Night-level doucheness."

"You should have seen Luke."

That line about Luke made me die laughing!!!!

mamaesme
04-05-2009, 11:15 PM
What I loved was twitchy!Cas. Misha Collins has to work to show that level of emotion without it being on his face. (and thus, I love him. =])

Jensen and Misha play so well off each other. I adore their scenes because it gives a new emotional depth to the show. The struggle between the two is so heartfelt, because Dean is trying to figure out his place in the world and Castiel is trying to figure out emotions (thus setting us up for what look like a fall).

And this scene was classic. It was suppose to be terrifying but Castiel/Misha's face! Let me explain.

"If anything threatens a prophet, anything at all, an archangel will appear to destroy that threat. Archangels are fierce. They are absolute. They are heaven's most terrifying weapon."
"These archangels...they're tied to prophets?"
"Yes."
"So. If a prophet was in the same room as a demon -"
"Then the most fearsome wrath of heaven would rain down on that demon. Just so you understand, why I can't help."
"Thanks Cas."
"Good Luck."

Subtext (or at least as I read it)

"I'm not doing anything wrong! But these dudes would totally take out anything IF Chuck is in the same room with Lilith *hint hint nudge nudge*!"
"Why are you doing this Cas?"
"Because I'm not as big of an unfeeling ass as you think I am. That's Zachariah."
"So, get the drunk writer in the room with the bitch -!"
"I didn't help you come up with it, but yeah, she'll buuurrrrnnnn! And don't tell anyone I helped you. And no one better have been listening to us!"
"Dude, if this wouldn't constitute as a chick flick moment, I would KISS YOU!"
"Please don't."

nahalwi
04-06-2009, 05:40 AM
ROFL mam! That was one of my favorite moments of that episode. That and the 'long flowing' hair on the cover of the first book. They are always finding new ways to make me laugh and I love it.

"Oh! you're still there."
"Yup."
"You're not a hallucination."
"Nope."
"Well, there's only one explanation...obviously, I'm a god."
"You're not a god."
"How else do you explain it? I write things and then they come to life. Yeah, no, I'm definitely a god. A cruel, cruel, capricious god..."

"...I toyed with your lives, your emotions, for entertainment..."

mamaesme
04-06-2009, 08:08 AM
"Well, there's only one explanation...obviously, I'm a god."
"You're not a god."
"How else do you explain it? I write things and then they come to life. Yeah, no, I'm definitely a god. A cruel, cruel, capricious god..."

= Kripke

(OH! SPN was on sale at Target today! I got Seasons 1 and 3 for $19 dollars each. Season 3 was sold out. =[)

Oh God, the HAIR! First thoughts were: "Oh dear lord, SPN got turned into a romance novel."

Quotes:
"I'm sitting in a laundromat reading about myself sitting in a laundromat reading about myself. My head hurts."

"Guess what you do next? 'Sam turned his back on Dean, his face brooding and pensive.' I mean, I don't know how he's doing it, but the guy is doing it. I can't see your face, but those are definitely your brooding and pensive shoulders."

midknighthaze
04-18-2009, 05:46 AM
:roll:*wipes tear* Gawd, I loved that episode. Thanks for posting the lines, especially ones in the laundry scene. Crud. Now I want to watch it again... SUPERNATURAL FAN 4EVA, hehe!

Grrarrgh
04-18-2009, 06:53 AM
I definitely need to rewatch that episode. SPN is one of the very few shows I actually watch the night it's on. Put down the book, the Neo, notebook, everything and just focus on the show. I love this show! That scene in the laundry had me laughing so hard I had tears flowing.

katatonic
04-18-2009, 07:37 AM
I'm missing this show.... does it come back next week?

Fox The Cave
04-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Yep it does - and the summary for next weeks episode definitely raises a few eyebrows.

...a long lost brother that John secretly fathered gets in contact with Sam and Dean.

The episode's called "Jump the Shark".
At least the writers have a sense of humour about it.

I actually trust the Supernatural writers not to fuck this up - Season four has been absolutely brilliant, despite a few odd decisions (I thought "On the Head of a Pin" had too much plot crammed into one episode and should have been spread out across the four filler eps before it).

And Castiel is awesome, favourite new character on any tv show by far.

Ever notice how much he says, "Dean..."?

I'm actually writing a Castiel parody for my videoblog right now.

katatonic
04-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Couldn't agree more Fox, Supernatural is probably the only show on right now where I actually trust the writers. My trust runs deep because despite the subject itself (demons vs angels/demon hunters) which is cliche/overdone, the writers manage to make it original, fun, memorable and worth watching week in week out. Some of the best dialogue I've heard since Firefly and Deadwood too.

I think some shows could really learn from Supernatural....heroes

Satori1977
04-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Definitely one of my favorite shows right now. One of the best written shows on tv period. Great dialogue...Jenson and Jared are so much fun together, very believable and honest. And I agree that Castiel is an awesome addition. It is smart, funny, sexy, scary. Has a little bit of everything. Haven't seen the latest ep yet, but now I definitely want to!!

MrWrite
04-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I just saw the latest episode with the writer who seems to be writing their life story. What a great episode. Coolest show on tv at the moment without a doubt!

mamaesme
04-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Since this 'brother' doesn't ever show up again, I'm suspecting he isn't a brother, merely a demon trick.

I trust Kripke and co. They know what they are doing, making fun episodes tie into the mythos of the show (MatEotB is the best example)

AnnaC
04-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Wow, it is awesome to see so many others here at AW that not just love the show, but admire the writing and acting as well. It is my favorite show on TV by far.

I can't wait to see what Kripke and company have in store for the brothers in these last few episodes this season. I have a feeling he may give us another summer of suffering like he did last year! They've been given the go ahead for season five, but after that Kripke claims it is the end of the show for him, Jensen and Jared. I am going to ball like a baby when this series ends! Until that time, I'm going to enjoy each and every episode!

Thank goodness we get a new one this week!

Calla Lily
04-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Does anyone have any clue how they're going to end the season? I confess I don't. I liked last night's ep a lot, but it seemed like "filler" while they gear up to rip our hearts out at the end of the season. Speaking of which, does anyone know when the season actually ends?

nahalwi
04-24-2009, 06:35 PM
The Rapture - April 30th
When the Levee Breaks- May 7th
Lucifer Rising- May 14th - Finale

So only 3 more episodes left :(

And I agree that last one was a filler episode. I enjoyed it, as usual, but I think it was just there to set up something bigger. Specifically I think they are going to confront the situation with Sam's blood very soon.

Calla Lily
04-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks, nahalwi. I agree about them hitting us over the head with Sam's blood. I get the feeling that Sam will "go darkside" in some way in the last ep--but perhaps in a split-way somehow involving Ruby. Who will show her true colors, as foreshadowed in that truly evil look she gave the top of Sam's head in the Prophet ep when Sam drank her blood. And somehow still hunting with Dean as he desperately tries not to stay darkside.

mamaesme
04-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Personal opinion on how the show should end this season - Lilith dying ( b/c every big bad gets 2 seasons) and Lucifer walking free with Sam as his vessel.

BUT have you heard? Jensen said in some Australian interview that he is willing to stay another seaon to end the show if that's what it takes. Seems CW is already trying to extend the life of the show. Wooo!

Calla Lily
04-25-2009, 06:56 PM
I thought it was going to be 5 seasons and out? That they wanted to go on a high note rather than actually jumping the shark and getting axed.

I like your idea, mamaesme. Last night I found a couple spoiler sites on the web for the next 2 eps (not the last): -->HIGHLIGHT THE COPY BELOW IF YOU WANT SPOILERS<--

Next week, Castiel disappears from his host and the host wants his life back, but...

The following week (part 1 of the ending 2-parter) Dean and Bobby lock Sam in Bobby's Safe Room to force Sam to detox from all the demon blood. Dean finds Castiel and asks for his help (thus I assume Cas gets back into his host). Lots of seals get broken and Bobby contemplates letting demon-blood Sam out to help.

You know a show is good when you start wanting to bend space-time to make Tursday happen NOW. :D

mamaesme
04-25-2009, 08:59 PM
I thought it was going to be 5 seasons and out? That they wanted to go on a high note rather than actually jumping the shark and getting axed.

Jensen said something about all of that being taken out of context. The contracts are for 5 yrs but he is willing (and Jared looked like he agreed) to stay longer.

Personally, I think they love the show and crew and just didn't think it would really end so quickly. Also, steady source of income in our economy. AND it keeps them current. As current actors they are in a good place financially and project wise.

Misha is also contracted for 17 episodes next season, so more time off for the boys...maybe.

Let me find the link.

As for next week's eppie,I have predictions and opinions of that as well. All are very positive bc I love Castiel and Misha.

mamaesme
04-25-2009, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoZYuKkjWGY

at 3:40 they start talking abt the season 5 controversy. Very sweet/cute video of the boys. Laughter abounds and Jensen is very comfortable.

Calla Lily
04-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Cool. Thanks for the link.

mamaesme
04-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Cool. Thanks for the link.

You are more than welcome. J2+M are too cute for me not to post this.

But I hate how the interviewer makes all the fandom seems like they hate girls in the show. I LOVED Bela. She was a badass who kept the boys on their toes and had an interetsing backstory. Katie!Ruby was great too. She was an awesome badass.

new!Ruby and I have problems. Where she is going isn't my favorite line. It's not the character but the actress. Her style isn't something I perfer. (and I can't seem to understand wth she is doing sometimes)

nevada
04-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Great interview but man, what's with the hat? He looks like he's about to be shot out of a cannon. I wonder what they'll do next season. It's hard to top angels and lucifer.

mamaesme
04-26-2009, 01:19 AM
Great interview but man, what's with the hat? He looks like he's about to be shot out of a cannon. I wonder what they'll do next season. It's hard to top angels and lucifer.

Jared's always wearing a hat in interviews/at conventions. He can't seem to know what to do with his hair. (and I have the urge to start a headband/hat campaign for the poor boy)

As for topping lucifer and angels, season 5 will probably be all the fall out. Kripke could probably make it last until the end of season 6, but beyond that I really don't know. It's sad that it's this way because ratings didn't get great until now. I kinda wish we had spent more time on the seals arc.

But then, season 4 - while awesome - has been a bit rushed. Like Kripke was trying to stuff it full with all the things he wanted to do before the show ended. Now he's kinda screwed.

*shrugs* I think we're looking at six season and then done.

K. Taylor
04-26-2009, 06:59 AM
Yeah, when EW was talking to the boys and Kripke, it was right at the end of filming and after Kim Manners passed away, so they would definitely sound haggard - done at 5. I am glad they want to serve the story best, so it's nice to hear the boys refer to s6 as a possibility.

Australia is going into winter as we head into summer, so that's another reason for hats. It actually does get chilly down there. ;)

mamaesme
04-26-2009, 09:32 AM
I am glad they want to serve the story best, so it's nice to hear the boys refer to s6 as a possibility.

Okay, rumor patrol may kill me for this one, but after patroling the CW lounge, I've found out some AWESOME info.

One member works for an advertising agency (I think) and they placed in a bid for season 5 (who asked her to work on concept art for the chance of more seasons). Her client is also reporting that WB (who owns SPN) is trying to negotiate for two more seasons already.

Major score for SPN fans. MAJOR!

Ciera_
04-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Yay! I can't bear the thought of it ending, I'd honestly rather it get slowly crappier and crappier until I don't feel like watching it. It's a less forced end, that way. But I'm just weird like that.
The last episode was a disappointment. But I heard somewhere that
The actor who played Adam Milligan in the last episode was going to come back for several eppies next season and I really hope that's true
Now spoilers just for the last episode:

Adam was pretty cool, though we never really met real!adam (what does the exclamation mark in certain terms even mean? I always see it, and it seems right here...anyway) 'cause it was a nasty ghouly.

He had cute rabbitty teeth ^.^
Sort of a gruesome episode, don'tcha guys think? I liked it, but it was definitely filler.
It's off to bed for me!

mamaesme
04-27-2009, 12:50 AM
the exclamation mark between words is to emphasize an attribute of a character (sick!Dean, questioning!Castiel, evil!Sam, child!Lillith, wee!winchesters). It's fairly fandom oriented. And it just looks cool.

Wait, Adam is coming back? WHAT?! I ish happy now. But he needs better hair. I SERIOUSLY have a problem with the hair.

I did like him though. He could bring out cuter sides of Sam and Dean. Weee.

Parametric
04-27-2009, 01:01 AM
My understanding is that in computing "!A" means "not A", so fandom started describing characters acting out of character as "!charactername", meaning "not charactername". Then it started getting complicated, like angry!charactername and evil!charactername and sappy!charactername and etc.

This is a geeky!discussion. :tongue

mamaesme
04-27-2009, 01:33 AM
My understanding is that in computing "!A" means "not A", so fandom started describing characters acting out of character as "!charactername", meaning "not charactername". Then it started getting complicated, like angry!charactername and evil!charactername and sappy!charactername and etc.

This is a geeky!discussion. :tongue

Someone programs!

Yeah. The -!charactername things originates from fanfiction. We'll blame them. (It's so much easier to just do that)

Parametric
04-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Someone programs!

Someone reads wikipedia. :tongue

mamaesme
04-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Someone reads wikipedia. :tongue

I took programing classes in high school. *shrugs* My first thought.

Calla Lily
05-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Too many frickin' commercials! Especially before the non-ending, meh.

If I interpreted the clip for next week correctly, Dean's going to get possessed by an angel and battle with Sam. :D

AnnaC
05-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Those commercials drive me nuts too, Callalily!

Enjoyed this weeks episode pretty well, and getting a look at the Cas/Jimmy combo. At the end, when they showed up at Bobby's, I DID NOT want the episode to end! Now I'll have to chew my nails until next week. I can't help it, I'm just too emotionally invested in these characters!

K. Taylor
05-01-2009, 06:32 PM
The promo was a mix of clips from the next 2 episodes. SPN always links the last 2 together. We have "When the Levee Breaks" and "Lucifer Rising" left.
HOWEVER, last I know, the CW is not showing the season finale until the 21st. I don't know, yet, if Smallville has a 2 hour season finale on the 14th, or what.

If they still hold to that scheduling, it's going to really suck to wait 2 weeks between eps!!

Calla Lily
05-01-2009, 06:35 PM
The promo was a mix of clips from the next 2 episodes. SPN always links the last 2 together. We have "When the Levee Breaks" and "Lucifer Rising" left.
HOWEVER, last I know, the CW is not showing the season finale until the 21st. I don't know, yet, if Smallville has a 2 hour season finale on the 14th, or what.

If they still hold to that scheduling, it's going to really suck to wait 2 weeks between eps!!

:rant: :Soapbox::Headbang:

nevada
05-01-2009, 10:04 PM
The episode was only 38 minutes long, that's why there were so many commercials. had to drag it out to an hour. usually an episode is about 44 to 46 minutes long.

mamaesme
05-02-2009, 02:59 AM
Really short episode that was kinda choppy. Makes me wonder if the scheduling shooting time for this episode went bad or they simply couldn't think of more to write.

Because I have a few ideas I'd have been willing to volunteer.

katatonic
05-03-2009, 10:30 AM
The episode was only 38 minutes long, that's why there were so many commercials. had to drag it out to an hour. usually an episode is about 44 to 46 minutes long.

Actually, most of the episodes are between 41 - 42 minutes (without the ending credits).

The latest episodes was short, but hell good.

In supernatural we trust!

Calla Lily
05-08-2009, 07:33 PM
*mutter* I missed many snippets of dialogue b/c younger kiddo was swamped with homework and kept coming into the room to ask for help. (Hush. I know kiddo is more important than a TV show. :D)

Anyone as obsessed as I am and happen to remember what Dean asked Sam after Dean was on the floor? Sam's response was "Fine" or something similar, and I thought Dean was asking if Sam had gone darkside.

I really really hope I can grab this on one of the Japanese Net feeds by the weekend. Small video window but I can overlook that and the translation at the bottom.

nevada
05-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Anyone as obsessed as I am and happen to remember what Dean asked Sam after Dean was on the floor? Sam's response was "Fine" or something similar, and I thought Dean was asking if Sam had gone darkside.

Do you mean right at the end? Dean says, "If you walk out that door, don't you ever come back." Sam is all brooding and leaves.

K. Taylor
05-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Yeah, he said the same thing John once said to Sam.

Calla Lily
05-08-2009, 10:44 PM
No, that wasn't it. (Thank you, gang!) It was before that. I got an impression that Dean asked Sam what the heck he thought he was becoming with the demon blood thing, Sam answered, and Dean labeled Sam, who then did a "fine; whatever."

But it's all mixed up in my head with macrobiotics and osmosis experiments. :tongue I'll live. Thanks again.

nevada
05-08-2009, 11:03 PM
oh oh you're talking in the wedding suite. Dean says that it's not what Sam's doing, it's what he is. Which means he's a... and then he pauses, and sam gets tears in his eyes (he's such a cryer) and says, "say it, dean" and dean says "Monster. You're becoming a monster." and then they fight.

Calla Lily
05-08-2009, 11:46 PM
*hugs nevada* That was it! Thank you.

Calla Lily
05-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Tomorrow, kiddo is going to Montreal and Quebec for 4 days (school trip). I informed him that he *will* be 100% packed and ready before 9 pm tonight because the finale is on.

He grimaced at me, because he's only on the first DVD of Season 3 and I told him he needs to see everything in order. I am so mean. :tongue

lute
05-15-2009, 04:15 AM
Oh man, I adore Supernatural. I'm still catching up on Season 4 (didn't start watching it until late last year, actually, so I've had a lot of catching up to do) but I have to say that I'm loving Castiel. That being said, I haven't seen the most recent episodes, but... Castiel and Dean are the only reasons I'm enjoying Season 4. I miss the original Ruby (well, her human host) and her attitude. This new Ruby is obnoxious, and she's dragging Sam down with her, it seems. I'm having a hard time enjoying spots in the show with just Sam, which is a shame. I loved him in seasons 1-3. :\

nahalwi
05-15-2009, 06:10 AM
Aaaaah! Noooo.....bad cliffhanger. Bad!

But completely expected, in that it was going to be a cliffhanger, because they are EVIL!

Castiel rocks SO much!

Calla Lily
05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Meh. What, they spent so much filler time watching Dean pace in Heaven-jail that they had to cut off the end with a whack? I am Not. Pleased.

Best moment, however (and yeah these guys can act): Sam's face when he realized Dean was on the other side of the door, calling him. Chills.

Parametric
05-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Loved the reveal in this episode. Awesome.

YAwriter72
05-15-2009, 06:51 PM
I shouted at my TV. My husband laughed and said, "Not what you wanted to happen?"

Errrrr..NO! I can't wait all summer!!

jfreedan
05-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Supernatural is my favorite TV series right now. I admit though, I'm a little disappointed with the direction it has been heading since Season 3. I think it might be because I realize when the "Armageddon" storyline concludes, the series will be over, so I haven't been too thrilled about it.

The "Jump the Shark" episode was the first episode that disappointed me (I have a hard time believing their dad wouldn't have realized any child of his would be in danger)-- this finale also did. They did spend too much of the episode with Dean locked in a room, and while it was funny most of the time, I didn't think it was appropriate for a "season finale" where I was expecting to see more of a dramatic battle happen. They ended the episode right when it was starting to get good.

Not to brag, but I knew Ruby was there to corrupt Sam from the moment she was introduced as a demon. It was pretty obvious because Yellow Eyes went through so much trouble to make an antichrist with super demon powers. I felt there was going to be a bigger reason for it than just asking him to walk over some railroad tracks and unlock a gate. If I had to guess, they are trying to make the perfect body for Lucifer to possess.

I'm fairly sure Supernatural will only last one, maybe two more seasons at most. I mean, after your heroes defeat the ultimate bad guy (the devil), where do you go from there? It's depressing, because this is a really great series.

On a side note, I would really like to see The Trickster become a more central character. In "Mystery Spot", it seemed to me The Trickster took some interest in what was going to happen to Sam Winchester and was trying to warn him to not go dark side. I was hoping that plot point would have been developed more because I think The Trickster is a pretty interesting character. I still have my fingers crossed!

katatonic
05-16-2009, 07:39 PM
That was a low blow from Kripke, the biggest let down of the season!

Grrarrgh
05-18-2009, 03:52 AM
I just want to say that I wait all year for the season finale of Supernatural, because every single year, I love the montage they do in the beginning with Carry on Wayward Son. It's the highlight of my TV watching year. Such a perfect song to end their year with every season.

K. Taylor
05-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Pre-orders for the US: http://www.amazon.com/Supernatural-Complete-Fourth-Jared-Padalecki/dp/B001FB4W0C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1242686991&sr=8-1

Parametric
05-19-2009, 02:25 PM
I just want to say that I wait all year for the season finale of Supernatural, because every single year, I love the montage they do in the beginning with Carry on Wayward Son. It's the highlight of my TV watching year. Such a perfect song to end their year with every season.

Absolutely, it's gorgeous.

Fox The Cave
05-22-2009, 10:49 PM
I always look forward to the opening montage too.

I always wanted Ruby to end up being one of the good guys, but I guess it wasn't meant to be...

Parametric
05-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Not for a second did I believe that Sinister McEvil was on the side of Team Righteousness. It was the angel reveal that really rocked, imo.

Fox The Cave
05-23-2009, 08:53 AM
To be honest, I don't think they always banked on having Ruby on the side of the demons. The way she was portrayed in season three and the beginning of season four...a bitch, yes, but she did things which just don't logically fit into the whole "She was working towards freeing Lucifer" thing.

Also, did Castiel know about Zacharia and Angel Management's plans along or did he just find out recently? I don't think he knew the whole time, he was very gung-ho about stopping the seals from breaking.

rugcat
05-23-2009, 09:01 AM
The writing, plotting and pacing of the series is amazingly good. Any writer, not just a screenwriter, can learn a lot by watching it.

Not to mention how much fun it is.

K. Taylor
06-03-2009, 03:22 AM
Great news for fans worried that the upcoming season would the last. While at a European convention, Jensen confirmed that he and Jared have six-year contracts for the show, so if the CW does pick Supernatural up, the two will definitely return.
In addition, Jared told a reporter that his “best guess” is that Supernatural WILL return for season 6. Good news, great news, or horrible news, given the addition that while the boys have a six-year contract, Eric Kripke is only signed on for five seasons, leaving the possibility of a Kripke-less sixth season.

@supernatural.tv

MrWrite
06-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Ok so I finally watched the season 3 finale. I knew it wouldn't end well from what I've seen of season 4. Now I have to go watch something funny. Something really funny.

Fox The Cave
06-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Not sure how I feel about a sixth season if Kripke is leaving...after all, they've got the plot arc mapped out. I'm feeling that a sixth season would just be like one big epilogue, which is not a good thing.

Anyone else think that Bobby is gonna die towards the end of season five? He's been so increasingly developed over the last 4 seasons that I think it's the logical conclusion to his story...plus it'd spur the Winchesters on to some Lucifer ass kicking.

Calla Lily
06-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Not sure how I feel about a sixth season if Kripke is leaving...after all, they've got the plot arc mapped out. I'm feeling that a sixth season would just be like one big epilogue, which is not a good thing.

Anyone else think that Bobby is gonna die towards the end of season five? He's been so increasingly developed over the last 4 seasons that I think it's the logical conclusion to his story...plus it'd spur the Winchesters on to some Lucifer ass kicking.

I'd throw something if they killed off Bobby. He's such a great character. Someone upthread thought that the 4th season would end with Lucifer riding Sam, and Dean et al trying to stop Lucifer without killing Sam. I'd like to see Season 5 start with that and continue for a few eps.

I'm interested in seeing who they'll come up with for the new recurring character to replace Bela/Ruby/the blind psychic etc. More scenes with Chuck would be good. He's annoying and funny.

Thank the TV gods for Burn Notice. Leverage, Torchwood, and Doctor Who. Prevents me from ticking off the days till Sept!

CheshireCat
06-21-2009, 01:00 AM
I definitely don't want to see Bobby die. He's cool.

Same actor played a role on Harper's Island this season.

I much prefer him as Bobby.

I'm also hoping Kripke stays with the show for the full run, that they sign him up again.

brainstorm77
06-24-2009, 12:44 AM
I just started watching this show:) I love it!

MrWrite
06-24-2009, 01:08 AM
You'd better get yourself all three seasons then to catch up with everything :D

brainstorm77
06-24-2009, 04:12 AM

Hahaha I am only in season one yet and am thinking I want to buy the dvd's.

Fox The Cave
06-24-2009, 12:17 PM

All four seasons, that is.

Calla Lily
06-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Season 4 shipping from Amazon early Sept. (Yes, I am a geek and pre-ordered it 2 months ago. :tongue)

K. Taylor
08-22-2009, 01:59 AM
Season 5.1 promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuZshF9XDcA&feature=player_embedded

And season 5 general promo: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b140594_video_supernatural_season_five.html

Fox The Cave
08-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Season 5.1 promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuZshF9XDcA&feature=player_embedded

And season 5 general promo: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b140594_video_supernatural_season_five.html

Oh hell yeah, Jo's back!

K. Taylor
09-11-2009, 02:55 AM
PREMIERE NIGHT!!!

I finally have TV again, so I'm full of squee. :D

MrWrite
09-11-2009, 02:57 AM
PREMIERE NIGHT!!!

I finally have TV again, so I'm full of squee. :D

THANK YOU for posting that! I didn't even realise it was back on yet!

Grrarrgh
09-11-2009, 05:31 AM
GO TIME!!!!!!!

MrWrite
09-11-2009, 05:36 AM
I won't look at this thread until at least the weekend. I dvr'd the episode probably won't get to see it for a day or two. I don't want to read any spoilers.

Calla Lily
09-11-2009, 06:06 AM
My heartfelt wish for the entire season: That the writers/directors/producers will stop s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g 30 minutes of material into a 42-minute show.

I wanted to scream at the 7th, 8th, 9th commercials! And the extende3d angsty looks.

That being said: too much angsting on Sam's part, Dean had some of the best line ever, Cass was terrific, and I like the new Meg. I"m not a big Cass fan, but he was the best part of the show.

The fanficcer was funny, but the fanfic=EW!

/descends soapbox :)

Caramia
09-11-2009, 06:15 AM
-happy sigh- The hour passes way too fast.

Think my neighbors heard me squeal happily at one point. Heheh I have a lil crush on a certain angel.

Parametric
09-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Most awesome SPOILER moments of this awesome episode SPOILER:

Dean kicking Zachariah out of Chuck's house with the symbol Cas used.
Demon!Bobby telling Sam to lose his number.
The Zachariah showdown in the castle on the hill of forty-two dogs.
Cas kicking ass, saving the day and looking good doing it.
The Galaxy Quest homage! I watched Galaxy Quest for the first time a few weeks ago, and Chuck's conversation with the Wincest fan is almost word for word from the film.
Poor Nick. :( (And yet what an appropriate name, given that Old Nick is a name for the Devil.)

nahalwi
09-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Oh thank god, the angels are here.

Calla Lily
09-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Oh thank god, the angels are here.

Like I said, Dean had the best lines. :)

nahalwi
09-11-2009, 06:13 PM
That whole scene won the episode for me. Loved it. I kept thinking, wow...that is so...evil.

Calla Lily
09-18-2009, 06:26 AM
The show totally redeemed itself tonight. I nearly jumped through the screen when the credits started. "No! Don't go away! I want the story to continue NOW!"

K. Taylor
09-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Unit sales and revenue were both way up for Supernatural : its fourth season DVD set sold 238,081 units and earned an estimated $8.7 million. Last year in its first week of release the season three DVD set sold 104,979units with estimated revenue of $4.1 million.

Awesome!

Little spoiler clip from ep 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MPwENxyaog&feature=player_embedded

MrWrite
09-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Unit sales and revenue were both way up for Supernatural : its fourth season DVD set sold 238,081 units and earned an estimated $8.7 million. Last year in its first week of release the season three DVD set sold 104,979units with estimated revenue of $4.1 million.

Awesome!

Little spoiler clip from ep 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MPwENxyaog&feature=player_embedded

I'm one of them that bought the dvd yesterday! :D

I'm just going to watch the first episode. I never saw it when it aired. I missed the first 2 or 3 weeks so I'm finally getting to see them!

Calla Lily
09-20-2009, 05:35 PM
I pre-ordered season 4 last April.

Me? fangirl? Perish the thought. :roll:

Aquarius
09-22-2009, 05:40 AM
I'm SO stuck in between the two biggest, yet opposing slasher camps.

As a Wincester, last week's breakup between Sam/Dean crushed my soul into little angsty bits but the thought of this week's Destiel hilarity makes me want to squee like the demented Supernatural fangirl that I am at heart. :)

I really want to order all of the seasons on DVD but at the moment, I don't have the 20 to 40 dollars I would need to buy each one...which totally sucks. I'm jealous of everyone who has them, just because of the gag reels, alone....

K. Taylor
09-25-2009, 05:49 AM
Tonight's ep:

Not sure he trusts himself anymore, Sam (Jared Padalecki) decides to give up hunting, but a late-night visitor (guest star Adrianne Palicki) won't let him off the hook that easily. Dean (Jensen Ackles), intent on stopping the Apocalypse, continues hunting on his own and teams up with Castiel (Misha Collins) to find the Archangel Raphael, as Castiel believes Raphael knows God's location. Miller Tobin directed the episode written by Jeremy Carver.

Calla Lily
09-25-2009, 06:36 AM
AAAaGGGGHHHH!!! Someone invent a time-travel device to take me to next Thursday at 9 pm! Please!

Although I'm not quite comfortable with the new Castiel. He's much less the angel and much more human-like. It's a tick jarring.

Loved the humor in this ep. Loved the preview for next week, too.

Sam= *swoon*

K. Taylor
09-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Preview vid from next ep. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzA6AVDxqtE&feature=player_embedded
Don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled for the scene, but it IS hilarious.

Parametric
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
I nearly hurt myself laughing at a certain Dean/Castiel scene in this week's episode.

Calla Lily
10-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Well done. So very, very well done on every level. So incredibly well done on every conceivable level.

Although I'm looking forward to next week's ep--it looks like they're returning to the comedy. A little lightheartedness will be useful.

Parametric
10-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Rather underwhelmed by the antagonist in this episode.

Calla Lily
10-02-2009, 10:38 PM
SPOILERS!

The Croatoans or the Archangel (can never remember his name)? Or Dean himself?

I also really liked the way Sam was definitely not "Sam" when Lucifer was riding him.

Parametric
10-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Lucifer!Sam is the first bad guy so far who hasn't been scary. All the others have/had a major fear factor going on: Yellow-Eyes, Lilith, Zachariah. When they pop up, they provoke an "Oh sh** we're all going to die!" reaction. Lucifer!Sam just pops in for a nice chat to show off his flashy white suit. That's not the badass awesomeness I was expecting. Kind of disappointed.

edit: Castiel was awesome this episode. Again with the hurting myself laughing.

Calla Lily
10-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Oh, I see now.

SPOILERS: Actually, Zachariah creeped me out more, because I keep thinking one day Dean's not going to be able to escape him, and he is seriously evil. But I liked Sam/Lucifer's understated certainty. That gave me a bit of a shiver.

Only disappointment: I wanted to see Sam cry just this once, when he thanked Dean at the very end. There are times to be stoic, and times to let the cracks widen just a smidge.

And I agree: Castiel has been top-notch in every ep so far.

K. Taylor
10-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Ah, now that's the excellence the show is capable of. Well done, guys!

K. Taylor
10-10-2009, 02:59 AM
Kudos to Paris Hilton for being willing to parody herself. And nice to see the bros talking about stuff again. LOVED the "Soon" preview for the coming eps.

K. Taylor
10-16-2009, 01:59 AM
Tonight's ep description: I Believe the Children Are Our Future

Sam and Dean investigate a series of odd murders that strangely resemble fairytales and urban legends. The brother’s track down an 11-year-old boy named Jesse and realize that whatever Jesse believes is coming true. Castiel tells Sam and Dean that Jesse is a serious threat and needs to be eliminated.

Calla Lily
10-16-2009, 02:10 AM
Argh, I'm going to miss most of it. College son has a jazz concert.

I'm already in Sam-withdrawal. *shakes*

MrWrite
10-16-2009, 02:19 AM
Tonight's ep description: I Believe the Children Are Our Future

Sounds like it's going to be another good episode. So far this season has been awesome!

Calla Lily
10-19-2009, 05:12 AM
I'm actually glad it's a rerun this Thursday. Wait! Don't stone me yet! This way I get to watch the premiere of the Jeff Dunham Show on Comedy Central with the hubs. We love Dunham, and if his show bites, I won't have to feel guilty leaving hubs downstairs on Thursdays while I go upstairs for my Supernatural fix.

K. Taylor
10-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Is he doing a series, or just a special? He was a guest on Leno last week, but I didn't catch that it was a series.

Calla Lily
10-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Series, AFAIK.

K. Taylor
11-06-2009, 06:27 AM
"Changing Channels"

The Trickster throws Sam and Dean into an alternate universe where they are characters in different television series, including a sexy medical show, a Japanese game show, a forensics show and a sitcom. The brothers realize the only way to get out of this world is to play along and become the characters in the shows. However, Castiel appears and warns them this universe is dangerous and they must get out before they become trapped.

I can't wait to watch this! I LOVE Trickster episodes!

Calla Lily
11-06-2009, 06:36 AM
It's a riot so far.

ETA: Nice plot twist. It just ended, klunk, tho.

K. Taylor
11-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Definitely hilarious. Glad they didn't kill off the Trickster.

Parametric
11-06-2009, 06:31 PM
The Trickster is so good - I love his malicious, slightly manic sense of humour. I could stand to see a lot more of him. :LilLove:

Calla Lily
11-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Me, too. I'm hoping that now they established who he is and after Dean's calling him out, they'll write him in more.

Fox The Cave
11-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Great ep, for a while I really thought the Trickster was going to turn out to be God. That would've been awesome I think.

Calla Lily
11-13-2009, 07:07 AM
:ROFL: :roll: :ROFL: :roll: :ROFL: :roll: :ROFL:

K. Taylor
11-13-2009, 07:55 AM
So I take it "The Real Ghostbusters" ep worked? :D

Super fan Becky uses Chuck's phone to trick Sam and Dean into attending a Supernatural fan convention, complete with fans dressed up as Sam and Dean. One of the activities is a live action role-playing game, but things quickly turn sour after a real ghost appears on the scene.

ETA: that was fun. :)

MrWrite
11-13-2009, 03:00 PM
I haven't seen last nights episode yet but last weeks ep with the Trickster was one of the best episodes yet! Hysterical. The Knight Rider skit was the best though! :ROFL:

Calla Lily
11-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Best lines (among a lot of good lines):

Sam: Chuck, it's okay with us if you publish more books.
Chuck: Really?
Sam: No. We have guns. We'll find you.

The outtakes at the end were hysterical, too. The whole ep was great.

K. Taylor
11-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, we had a nice break with these 2 eps before it gets angsty again.

K. Taylor
11-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Next week's ep is "Abandon All Hope", and I'm hearing it's the last until January.

Ep clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY6QkepmRLk&feature=player_embedded
Spoiler, obviously.

MrWrite
11-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Next week's ep is "Abandon All Hope", and I'm hearing it's the last until January.

Ep clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY6QkepmRLk&feature=player_embedded
Spoiler, obviously.

Say it ain't so! :( At least I still have season 4 to finish working my way through.

K. Taylor
11-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Dang show made me cry twice tonight. :(

Parametric
11-20-2009, 10:49 PM
IT'S MARK SHEPPARD! :D :D :D

Calla Lily
11-20-2009, 11:01 PM
IT'S MARK SHEPPARD! :D :D :D
*confused*

Parametric
11-20-2009, 11:07 PM
The actor! He plays Crowley. He's also in Leverage, Burn Notice, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Dollhouse, White Collar, etc. I have a mad crush on him. :D

(I'm only about fifteen minutes in, so no spoilers yet.)

Pterofan
11-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Even de-powered, Castiel is a badass.

Calla Lily
11-20-2009, 11:41 PM
I think I remember him from Burn Notice. Love that show.

Fox The Cave
11-21-2009, 02:49 PM
What an ep, loved it!

Crowley in particular was just awesome. Naturally, so were Castiel and Lucifer.

Can't believe we have to wait till January.

Grrarrgh
11-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Dang show made me cry twice tonight. :(

Me, too!!! And I don't think I've ever cried at TV. I'm pretty bummed about having to wait until January for a new ep, but I just got Season 1 from Amazon, so I'm going to start watching that. I haven't seen it since it originally aired, so I'm excited to go back to the beginning. I'm going to try to get Mr. Grr to watch it, too, but I don't know if he'll like it or not.

Parametric
11-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Is Crowley named after the demon from Good Omens, who is in turn named after Aleister Crowley?

Calla Lily
11-24-2009, 07:46 PM
That's what I figured.

YAwriter72
11-24-2009, 08:09 PM
I bawled at this last one. OMG. Blubbering.Idiot.

Calla Lily
11-24-2009, 08:15 PM
I must really be evil, because I sailed through this one. My only reaction was anger and annoyance that they killed off characters I liked. Again.

Kweei
01-14-2010, 05:11 AM
Oh there is a thread for my fave show here!

I'm still bummed about Ellen and Jo *sigh*

But the show returns next week. Can't wait :)

K. Taylor
01-22-2010, 12:42 AM
"Sam, Interrupted"

SAM AND DEAN CHECK INTO A MENTAL HOSPITAL - A former hunter named Martin (guest star), who is currently institutionalized, calls Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) for help investigating a case in the mental hospital. The brothers get themselves admitted as patients to check out the mysterious monster that is attacking the patients, but their incarceration pushes both to the breaking point as they unleash their inner demons against each other.

Calla Lily
01-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Dear Supernatural Writers:

A little less angst and a little more humor, pls? kthxbai.

(signed) A total fangirl

K. Taylor
01-22-2010, 05:44 PM
PUDDING!!

:D

Deni
01-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Supernatural is easily my favorite show currently on TV. I just love it. :)

And to Dean... Yeah baby, I'll get you some pudding. ;)

K. Taylor
01-29-2010, 10:38 AM
"Swap Meat"

Nice mix of comedy and danger tonight. Sam's lucky Gary didn't say "okay" to meeting Lucifer...his body would be a vessel for the apocalypse right now.

Calla Lily
01-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Yeah, nice foreshadowing there. for a minute I thought that would happen. The rest of the season would've been very interesting then!

Fox The Cave
01-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Liked the episode, thought the ending was off. This idiot dabbling in witchcraft got his friend killed - I know that kid made his own bed and sure as hell ended up sleeping in it, but the way Sam and Dean just kinda let it go like there was no real harm done was very out of character, methinks.

Calla Lily
01-29-2010, 11:44 PM
I thought it was a little odd, too. Fox, even with Dean's disclaimer that if the kid had been 18, they would've "ganked" him. And I did expect a little angsting from Sam about how he was thiscloseOMG to becoming Satan's meat puppet.

Parametric
01-30-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm feeling decidedly unsatisfied. The kid cold-bloodedly planned to murder Dean for a reward, and all he gets is a little homily on how his life's not so bad, a slap on the back and tips on his love life? What?

nahalwi
01-30-2010, 03:15 AM
I guess I didn't mind it as much. A little annoying, but then again, they really do have other things on their mind than 'disciplining' some kid, and...he is just that, a stupid, ignorant, nerdy kid. He's not evil, he just started getting involved in stuff way over his head that he didn't fully understand. Yeah, it could have gone really badly if Lucifer showed up. But, considering the drama and bad decisions both Sam and Dean have made, again...stupid kid, don't ever want to see him again, but what are they going to do?

And the kid is probably walking into being grounded for life...what with Sam's responses to the family, the 'type of family', the whole 'plan' issue, and now a second night of not showing up until who knows what time. He'll be punished in his own way.

Parametric
01-30-2010, 03:27 AM
I guess I didn't mind it as much. A little annoying, but then again, they really do have other things on their mind than 'disciplining' some kid, and...he is just that, a stupid, ignorant, nerdy kid. He's not evil, he just started getting involved in stuff way over his head that he didn't fully understand. Yeah, it could have gone really badly if Lucifer showed up. But, considering the drama and bad decisions both Sam and Dean have made, again...stupid kid, don't ever want to see him again, but what are they going to do?

It's not the Lucifer stuff that bothers me. The kid couldn't know about the Apocalypse and the Big Yes. But he carefully planned out the cold-blooded, premeditated, unprovoked murder of a complete stranger for money. He came within a fraction of shooting Dean - twice! And on both occasions only third parties stopped him. That's more than just stupid kid stuff.

I'm also grumpy because (a) this is a comedy filler episode that wasn't funny to me and (b) I kept thinking how much better this would be if the actors had swapped characters, like in Dollhouse.

Fox The Cave
01-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Plus, they didn't seem bothered at all that their friend was dead...

Deni
01-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Plus, they didn't seem bothered at all that their friend was dead...

Well, he was a jerkface. I can understand why they didn't exactly cry over him.

K. Taylor
02-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Well done ep. Michael and Dean finally got to talk. Glad Anna's gone.

Calla Lily
02-05-2010, 05:09 PM
I loved Jared P's parodying Sam's soulful, angsty look. LOL! Good twist--I didn't see it coming. Great black humor in this ep.

My 14yo, of course, loved the stripper dream at the beginning. :rolleyes:

Parametric
02-05-2010, 06:10 PM
My 14yo, of course, loved the stripper dream at the beginning. :rolleyes:

I may have to rewatch that a few times. Just for research purposes. :tongue

Calla Lily
02-05-2010, 06:19 PM
I may have to rewatch that a few times. Just for research purposes. :tongue

:roll:

sthrnwriter
02-07-2010, 10:57 AM
totally love this show. I predict Dean is going to give Michael the big YES before the season is over (that is if they don't come up with some miracle). They are running out of options.

Calla Lily
02-07-2010, 08:35 PM
I agree about them running out of options, and have the feeling that they're gearing up for non-renewal. :( Better than jumping the shark, though.

nevada
02-07-2010, 09:57 PM
the producer has said that this is the end of the dean and sam cycle. i think in the end both will say yes, i think it's inevitable and they will fight against each other. i also think their dad is coming back from wherever he is. Don't forget when Lucifer raised Death, we never got to see what Death looks like. Dear old dad maybe?

Calla Lily
02-07-2010, 10:33 PM
That's interesting, but at the end of season 2 they strongly hinted that dad made it to heaven. Then again, heaven in this series isn't exactly a dream vacation spot, so who knows?

K. Taylor
02-08-2010, 01:40 AM
Supernatural.tv got invited to the 100th ep party:

Over the weekend, we were lucky enough to be invited to a special party thrown for Supernatural’s 100th episode in Vancouver. While Eric Kripke had a last minute personal issue to keep him away, everyone else was there, from Jared, Jensen, Jim and Misha to Robert Singer and Sera Gamble to McG and CW president Dawn Ostroff.

During next few months leading up to the 100th episode (currently slated to air April 15), we’ll bring you our exclusive interviews with all the big names, but for now, here’s a brief taste of some of the goodness.

-If I were a betting man, I’d put money on the show coming back for a sixth season. There was nothing confirmed, but the writers and producers seem very eager and excited about the possibility of continuing the show, and they’re already coming up with possible ideas and storylines for season 6.

-Sera Gamble talked about what’s in the 100th episode, her current project (writing the two final episodes of the season with Kripke) and what season 6 might look like.

sthrnwriter
02-08-2010, 10:08 AM
What if death turns out to be either Jo or Ellen since they died the same day it was resurrected?

I certainly hope it comes back for a sixth season.

Calla Lily
02-08-2010, 04:37 PM
What if death turns out to be either Jo or Ellen since they died the same day it was resurrected?

I certainly hope it comes back for a sixth season.

Ooh, I like that! I miss Jo and Ellen. Come to think of it, I miss Bobby. I really want to see more of him--he's an excellent foil for the Stud-and-Angst Boys.

K. Taylor
02-09-2010, 10:38 AM
More season 6 spec and scheduling news.

SpoilerTV have an exclusive that’s sure to make your Monday.

According to the spoiler super-site the CW is deep in negotiations and contract finalizing to renew: Gossip Girl, 90210, Smallville, The Vampire Diaries, and most importantly, Supernatural. SpoilerTV says we can expect official renewal announcements later this month.

After the February 11th episode (so um, this week) Supernatural (as well as the Vampire Diaries) will be going on a six week hiatus. After this Thursday, the next new Supernatural episode will be March 25th. You can blame the Winter Olympics for this hiatus.

On the bright side, come March 25th, there will be no interruptions until the season 5 finale on May 13th.

Thanks again to Spoiler TV for breaking the bad news.

Calla Lily
02-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Yay on renewal but what the heck? Three eps and ANOTHER 6-week break? :rant:

rhondawrites
02-09-2010, 11:08 PM
I'm glad they're being renewed by this hiatus thing is driving me nuts. We already went without for 2 months over the holidays. Now another 6 weeks?! I am not a happy camper. :(

quickreaver
02-09-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm a closet Supernatural fan (well, not so closeted anymore!) and the hiatus is a bummer. I do hope, however, the story ends when it's SUPPOSED to end, with a suitably dramatic and heart-wrenching finale, and not linger on in dismal, jumping-the-shark TVLand just to keep the show going.

sthrnwriter
02-10-2010, 04:32 AM
Totally love that its coming back but I get so tired of all these breaks between new episodes. Its such a tease. If I didn't have reruns on TNT, I wouldn't know what to do.

Grrarrgh
02-10-2010, 04:47 AM
Totally love that its coming back but I get so tired of all these breaks between new episodes. Its such a tease. If I didn't have reruns on TNT, I wouldn't know what to do.

You have reruns on TNT????? I would love that! I look for them all the time, but I never see them.

I'm conflicted on a season 6. I love love love this show - it's easily my favorite on TV right now - but after fighting Lucifer, where else can the show go? They can't go back to the weekly random vamp/were/Wendigo/shifter story line that they were doing in the beginning. As much as I'm going to hate to lose them when they do go off the air, I would rather have them go out in a place that makes sense while the show is still good. I guess they could leave the Lucifer/Michael-Sam/Dean showdown in a cliffhanger, but I don't know how that would play out.

However, I am joining everyone in their extreme displeasure at yet another 6 week break.

K. Taylor
02-10-2010, 05:19 AM
The Olympics is always a ratings juggernaut. No one wants to compete with it, especially when they'd normally be airing important sweeps eps. We'd normally have a hiatus in March, anyway, after Feb. sweeps.

Renewal isn't 100% confirmed. Negotiations could not work out. The CW does want to keep the show because its ratings are consistent for them, but it might not like the storyline proposed for season 6 and the writers would have to come up with new ideas. Cautious optimism is where I'm at.

sthrnwriter
02-11-2010, 03:28 AM
You have reruns on TNT????? I would love that! I look for them all the time, but I never see them.

I'm conflicted on a season 6. I love love love this show - it's easily my favorite on TV right now - but after fighting Lucifer, where else can the show go? They can't go back to the weekly random vamp/were/Wendigo/shifter story line that they were doing in the beginning. As much as I'm going to hate to lose them when they do go off the air, I would rather have them go out in a place that makes sense while the show is still good. I guess they could leave the Lucifer/Michael-Sam/Dean showdown in a cliffhanger, but I don't know how that would play out.

However, I am joining everyone in their extreme displeasure at yet another 6 week break.

Yeah reruns started up a few weeks ago, Mon thru Fri at 9am.

I'm with you on season 6. I felt the same way after dean died. They killed off a major character where else could they go from there. but of course why not bring angels in to the loop. Maybe there isn't a showdown at all and end up with the same future dean saw a few episodes back. I'm still kind of curious as to why Sam would say "yes" to lucifer in the first place.

Grrarrgh
02-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Yeah reruns started up a few weeks ago, Mon thru Fri at 9am.

I'm with you on season 6. I felt the same way after dean died. They killed off a major character where else could they go from there. but of course why not bring angels in to the loop. Maybe there isn't a showdown at all and end up with the same future dean saw a few episodes back. I'm still kind of curious as to why Sam would say "yes" to lucifer in the first place.

Wow!!! I just checked my guide and there it is!! TNT at 10:00! I'm going to have to start DVRing these. Season 1 is the only one I have on DVD right now. I'm so glad you mentioned that!

Aquarius
02-11-2010, 05:56 AM
Since I'm in class, I'm forever destined to miss Supernatural in the mornings. I was annoyed at one point that they had even decided to put there but once I remembered that they used to have other supernatural shows in that time frame (Angel, Charmed, etc), I let it go. Then again, I could be thinking off another network.

As for Season 6, I'm all for it and I really hope that they go back to the intimate type of shows like they had back in Season 1 and 2. As much as I adore the current mytharc and the addition of Castiel, it's starting to become a little bit out there for me.

It also doesn't help that I hope that the Destiel goes down in a bunch of flames with the conclusion of the entire thing. Wincest all the way, baby!!! :)

sthrnwriter
02-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Since I'm in class, I'm forever destined to miss Supernatural in the mornings. I was annoyed at one point that they had even decided to put there but once I remembered that they used to have other supernatural shows in that time frame (Angel, Charmed, etc), I let it go. Then again, I could be thinking off another network.

You're thinking of TNT. They still show episodes of Angel and charmed. MTV has started airing reruns of Buffy.

I figured SyFy would be the one to pick up Supernatural but not too surprised it was TNT.

K. Taylor
02-12-2010, 04:14 AM
"My Bloody Valentine" official description:

Castiel helps Sam and Dean to hunt down Cupid on Valentine's Day after townspeople start to kill each other for love. However, after Cupid tells them he is innocent, they discover Famine, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, has arrived in town.

Warning for those with weak stomachs: Writer Ben Edlund said it's the grossest, goriest ep they've ever done and he couldn't believe they filmed his ideas from the script.

Calla Lily
02-12-2010, 07:09 AM
The opening sequence was a bit much, even for this horror writer, but--five stars for this ep. Excellent. Great humor, great drama, great ending, and Bobby's coming back! Loved it all.

sthrnwriter
02-12-2010, 08:48 AM
The beginning was a bit out there. Makes me want to turn vegetarian. Castiel eating raw hamburger meat didn't help either.

Parametric
02-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Loved this episode. Hilarious but very dark. :LilLove:

Was that the Big Yes from Dean?

Calla Lily
02-12-2010, 10:34 PM
I don't think so. He said "Help me." I think he's looking for God to show, b/c he still doesn't trust any angel except Castiel. Even tho Famine tried to plant the idea that Dean's empty (soulless? heartless?) and therefore saying Yes won't displace anything of importance, I think it was a red herring.

K. Taylor
02-13-2010, 12:55 AM
Yeah, the point is that Dean's broken and he can't just keep pretending that it isn't bothering him. Now with the lack of appetite, wanting to go have fun, etc., he's showing enough of his depression for Sam to notice. He's feeling hopeless, but it isn't in his nature to give up, so he's stuck feeling like this until something changes it, cuz he doesn't know how.

sthrnwriter
02-13-2010, 03:04 AM
Poor dean. It was bound to catch up with him sooner or later. I hope the writers throw him a bone though. After everything he's been through he deserves it.

When I think of the final showdown, I keep wondering why they haven't brought up the gateway to hell. You know the one in Wyoming, I think, that can only be opened with the colt. I figure if you can't kill him throw his tail back in.

Calla Lily
02-13-2010, 03:19 AM
When I think of the final showdown, I keep wondering why they haven't brought up the gateway to hell. You know the one in Wyoming, I think, that can only be opened with the colt. I figure if you can't kill him throw his tail back in.

I think you're about to get a nasty letter from the writers for outing the climax of the last ep! :D

Aquarius
02-13-2010, 03:55 AM
Oh, man, I just remembered why I CANNOT watch gory horror movies. From the beginning sequences of the two lovers eating each other, to the dude sticking his head/hand in the deep fryer to get the fries and Castiel eating raw hamburger, I just wanted to puke big time.

Dean just broke my heart at the end with his " Help me." I knew logically that ever since Hell, that he wasn't quite all there but to hear Famine say that he was just so broken, so dead inside that he wouldn't be affected just made me cry hysterically. For a heart-stopping moment there, I really thought that he was going to say yes. :(

As for Sam, I actually really adored Sam in this episode. Yes, he drank demon blood and yes, he used his powers but he had TRIED, he TRIED so hard to stay clean. He had asked Dean for help, he knew he was in trouble that he couldn't fight the craving and he asked for help, he trusted Dean. If he had only done that last season instead by being lead around by the nose by that demon bitch Ruby, we'd be in a completely different place right now. I have really regained a lot of the respect that I had lost for him.

sthrnwriter
02-14-2010, 08:41 AM
I think you're about to get a nasty letter from the writers for outing the climax of the last ep! :D

Hey I welcome it. If that's suppose to be a secret, it's not a very good one. :)

Dean just broke my heart at the end with his " Help me." I knew logically that ever since Hell, that he wasn't quite all there but to hear Famine say that he was just so broken, so dead inside that he wouldn't be affected just made me cry hysterically. For a heart-stopping moment there, I really thought that he was going to say yes. :(

OMG! I thought he was saying yes. I thought that was what it was all building up to until the screen went dark and the credits rolled. He's come so far to give up now.

sthrnwriter
02-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Santa must have gotten my letter. 10 hrs of nonstop Supernatural on TNT. I'm in heaven :e2cloud9:

Grrarrgh
02-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Santa must have gotten my letter. 10 hrs of nonstop Supernatural on TNT. I'm in heaven :e2cloud9:

Shoot!!! Stupid job.....

K. Taylor
02-16-2010, 11:40 PM
The Vampire Diaries has just received an official early pickup from our friends at the CW, along with another season order for Gossip Girl, Supernatural, America's Next Top Model and 90210.

E! Online

Grrarrgh
02-17-2010, 01:58 AM
E! Online

I just saw this, too. Maybe they're going to make the big yes the finale, then next season will be the Dean/Sam showdown??????

sthrnwriter
02-17-2010, 03:05 AM
Party time! :PartySmil

Calla Lily
02-17-2010, 04:54 AM
:hooray:

K. Taylor
02-17-2010, 06:13 AM
Well, Kripke has been saying the whole time that season 5 would end the Lucifer apocalypse storyline whether they're renewed or not, so I doubt they'll stretch it now. The writers have been talking about going back to smaller stories, the monster of the week deal.

Calla Lily
02-17-2010, 06:40 AM
*puts on Psychic Hotline turban*

I predict the following:

3rd ep from the end, near the halfway point, Dean says Yes. At end of that ep, Sam says Yes, planning to use Satan (as opposed to Satan using him) to get Dean back.

Final 2-parter, part 1: Bobby, Castiel, and Chuck get together to be the Three Musketeers fighting to keep Sam and Dean alive through the battle. Ep will end with battle plans being drawn and perhaps Castiel tricking the Trickster into revealing where God's been hiding.

Part 2: Both Sam and Dean will turn out to be stronger than Satan and Michael, and during the climactic battle will slowly/quickly reveal their own selves through Satan and Michael. Castiel and God arrive. God bitch-slaps both M and S and they exit Sam and Dean, but God will pull an Alanis Morrissette from Dogma, and answer zero questions from anyone. Castiel stays on Earth b/c he's still conflicted and joins with Bobby, Sam, and Dean to keep fighting demons.

sthrnwriter
02-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Here's what I don't get. If there are dozens of hunters out there, why don't they call for reinforcements? I'm sure Bobby knows a couple that are trustworthy.

willietheshakes
02-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Last I checked, the Winchesters were on the outs with the other hunters -- to the point that many of the other hunters want them dead. They don't have a whole lot of friends...

Calla Lily
02-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Yeah, that whole "Sam started the apocalypse" thing doesn't get them many party invitations. :tongue

willietheshakes
02-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Yeah, that whole "Sam started the apocalypse" thing doesn't get them many party invitations. :tongue

It started before that, I think, with the opening of the gate to hell a couple of seasons ago...

sthrnwriter
02-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Yeah but not one is willing to put their grudges aside for the sake of saving the world? Seriously?

willietheshakes
02-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Yeah but not one is willing to put their grudges aside for the sake of saving the world? Seriously?

I think a mitigating factor might be the Winchester's knowledge of the sheer pragmatism of the hunters. One of the easy ways to make things better? Off the Winchesters...

dirtsider
02-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Another problem is that Bobby ended up in a wheel chair and Jo and Ellen ended up dead. So I'm sure the others would be even more leary about working with the Winchesters.

Kweei
02-24-2010, 03:51 AM
I can't believe we're in another hiatus.

I've enjoyed reading your thoughts on the show. I'll have to remember to post more often. Tis my fave show.

Grrarrgh
02-25-2010, 12:58 AM
I'm still conflicted about the new season. On the one hand - :partyguy: Obviously.

On the other hand, though, I really don't want them to keep making it just for the sake of making it. I can't wait to see what they come up with for season 6, but I can't imagine going back to killing random monsters once they've at least battled and possibly defeated Satan. That would be like Buffy defeating the First then going back to killng random street vamps. Which I guess she did, based on the comics, but it still seems a little like going backward. Although I don't think Kripke will have them actually defeat Satan. I don't know what to think. But I'll definitely be watching it.

Kweei
03-01-2010, 02:22 AM
Without bringing spoilers into the mix, how do you all think this arc is going to end?

sthrnwriter
03-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I don't think they'll kill Satan. If anything, they will find a way to send him back to Hell. It would be cool if God made an appearance. I know nothing really tops Satan, but what about that kid Jesse? Him or someone like him would suffice as a Monster of all monsters for Season 6. I'm sure they didn't introduce his character for nothing.

KDexter
03-02-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm still conflicted about the new season. On the one hand - :partyguy: Obviously.

On the other hand, though, I really don't want them to keep making it just for the sake of making it. I can't wait to see what they come up with for season 6, but I can't imagine going back to killing random monsters once they've at least battled and possibly defeated Satan. That would be like Buffy defeating the First then going back to killng random street vamps. Which I guess she did, based on the comics, but it still seems a little like going backward. Although I don't think Kripke will have them actually defeat Satan. I don't know what to think. But I'll definitely be watching it.

My thoughts exactly! I'm afraid the old routine might seem lackluster after two seasons of apocalyptic action.

sthrnwriter
03-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Saw the photos of Jared's wedding. It looked beautiful. I hope they have a long happy marriage.

Brukaviador
03-09-2010, 05:21 PM
One of the major reasons I like the show so much is plausibility. I always had a minor problem with shows like Buffy where all the worlds worst monstrosities all seem to conveniently occur in Buffy's hometown of Sunnydale. The neat thing about Supernatural is how the brothers do research into events that look suspicious then drive around the country going to where the trouble is. Seems to make a bit more sense to me. Evil doesn't want to be found, to make it easy on you to stop it, you've got to go root it out.

I also really like the interaction between the brothers. The teasing, the banter, the disagreements, the minor pranks and the ability to put aside all differences to get the job done during the crunch times is a good, solid dynamic. I often find myself thinking: "Yep, that's exactly what a brother would do." They're great, well written characters.

Grrarrgh
03-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Does anyone know what Eric Kripke is doing for the sixth season? I know that he originally wanted the show to be 5 seasons - will he stick around?

Kweei
03-13-2010, 02:14 AM
Does anyone know what Eric Kripke is doing for the sixth season? I know that he originally wanted the show to be 5 seasons - will he stick around?

He's leaving as showrunner to work on another project. Sera Gamble will be taking over as showrunner.

However, he will stay on as producer and will be heavily involved in the story. We may or may not feel the impact. At least Sera has been on since the beginning.

Not sure what we're looking at for S6 yet. They have an idea what they're doing, but haven't really said anything other than how do you follow up with a story after the apocalypse? You go small. So supposedly it may be similar to S1.

K. Taylor
03-13-2010, 04:10 AM
He'll also still be a writer.

Grrarrgh
03-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Well, that makes me feel a little bit better. I guess we won't really know what kind of impact it will have until we get there.

rhondawrites
03-15-2010, 07:35 PM
I really love this show. I've followed it from the beginning. But I've gotta say the addition of a 6th season makes me a little nervous. The whole story arc was set for five seasons and they build up to this big showdown with the devil to end it all and suddenly we're not ending it like we planned but going on one more season. I know its all about the money. Supernatural's ratings have never been better and the CW wants to cash in as long as they can. I'm just hoping this sudden change of direction doesn't ruin the integrity of the show. I'd rather see them go out on a high note than with a bunch of mediocre episodes.

K. Taylor
03-26-2010, 04:14 AM
Hiatus ends TONIGHT!:hooray:

Calla Lily
03-26-2010, 06:15 AM
Opinionated opinion follows:

:( Meh. A bridge episode. The last one was great and dramatic and heart-wrenching. The next one looks to be terrific with Evil Angel mindgames. This one seemed to exist solely to get us from one place to the next. Bobby's so tame now. (Not just b/c of the zombie wife; it seems like a different writer's been assigned his character.) It was way short, too.

The only good parts were all the great nods to the original Night of the Living Dead. Oh, and Dean's fourth wall line: "Zombies. Must be Thursday."

K. Taylor
03-26-2010, 07:02 AM
This episode is written by Jeremy Carver. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1912955/filmoseries#tt0460681

He's written 10 eps since 2007.

Calla Lily
04-02-2010, 06:14 AM
>WARNING--SPOILERS!!!<

Not bad. I enjoyed seeing Ash and Pamela again. Grim overall, but excellent black moment for Dean and Castiel. Interesting to see how they're going to get past this as they head for the end of the season.

Pterofan
04-03-2010, 06:54 PM
To hell with all this farting around. I think the boys should launch a pre-emptive strike. Storm Heaven, whack both Michael and Lucifer, kick God in the keister and take over. Why not? I'm sure a lot of fans already believe that Dean Winchester is God.

Calla Lily
04-03-2010, 09:54 PM
:roll: