PDA

View Full Version : Cookies!

katiemac
03-11-2005, 04:07 AM
I've only done this once before, but now of course, I'm forgetting.

How do you clean out all your cookies?

rhymegirl
03-11-2005, 04:08 AM
Put them under some running water.

Pthom
03-11-2005, 04:16 AM
How do you clean out all your cookies?In Internet Explorer, go to Tools on the topmost menu, click on Internet Options and in the middle section, Temporary Internet Files, click on the button labeled Delete Cookies. Be forewarned: doing so will likely remove helpful items, such as automatic log in passwords, etc...before deleting all cookies, make sure you remember user names, passwords, etc, to your favorite sites.

Alternately, you can go searching your hard disk for where the cookies are stored and delete them manually.

CindyBidar
03-11-2005, 04:17 AM
In Internet Explorer, click Tools>Internet Options. On the "General" tab, click Delete Cookies.

You should probably delete your temporary internet files while you're in there.

ETA: Or what Pthom said. :tongue

rtilryarms
03-11-2005, 06:58 AM
go to [start] then [search]

In the criteria box, type cookie*

erase all hits.

Next advice: Cookie Index

JennaGlatzer
03-11-2005, 07:02 AM
Drat! I thought this thread was going to be about our favorite kinds of cookies. I came here all prepared to talk about chocolate chippies.

katiemac
03-11-2005, 07:47 AM
All right, so just for Jenna:

I love those E.L. Fudge cookies that come in the little shapes of those elves.... mmmm good. And Oreos.

sthrnwriter
03-11-2005, 09:57 AM
I was too. I love chocolate chip cookies but oreos are good too. Now i have a craving for cookies and there isn't a single one in my house. This is hopeless.

Pthom
03-11-2005, 01:16 PM
I have a big plate of lemon creme-filled Swedish ginger thins if anyone wants some...

Nivvie
03-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Yeah, that was my line of thinking.

I was going to say if you want to clean out your house of cookies GIVE THEM TO ME!!!!

awatkins
03-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Thin Mints. mmmmmm......................

Richard
03-11-2005, 05:33 PM
In Internet Explorer, go to...

You mean, of course, "In Firefox, go to Tools, then Options; click on Privacy and then the 'clear' button next to Cookies" ;-)

Randomly - white chocolate chip: Mmmm.

biotales
03-11-2005, 05:50 PM
hummmmmmmmmm fav cookies.... of course it is Scottish Shortbread... the best on the planet... and oh yes.... those damnable girlscout mints....
Techie question here- If your putter has cookies... can you dunk said putter in milk? That always works for the shortbread ones... ???????

rhymegirl
03-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Yes, rather than cleaning cookies, I'd rather eat them.

Favorite kind....hmmm....I guess chocolate chip by anybody.
But since I don't have any here I'll have to eat popcorn. :popcorn:

Nivvie
03-11-2005, 06:51 PM
hummmmmmmmmm fav cookies.... of course it is Scottish Shortbread... the best on the planet... and oh yes.... those damnable girlscout mints....
Techie question here- If your putter has cookies... can you dunk said putter in milk? That always works for the shortbread ones... ???????

Oh God, I was driving between Glasgow and Edinbrugh a while back and the smell of shortbread hit me. I stopped the car, got out, and stood outside the factory sniffing the sweet air for longer than was probably normal.

JenNipps
03-11-2005, 08:27 PM
I love those E.L. Fudge cookies that come in the little shapes of those elves.... mmmm good. And Oreos.

OOoooooh, yeah. And there's some Oreos in the kitchen now that I've been trying to ignore for a couple days.....

ChunkyC
03-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Did someone say COOKIES?!

http://rubidium.negative273.com/images/cookiemonster.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. Kinda like with cookies. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

biotales
03-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Oh God, I was driving between Glasgow and Edinbrugh a while back and the smell of shortbread hit me. I stopped the car, got out, and stood outside the factory sniffing the sweet air for longer than was probably normal.

Nivvie............ MY NEW BEST FRIEND NIVVIE...........
how much to send me some... they are hard to find here in Nashville.......

Nivvie
03-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Nivvie............ MY NEW BEST FRIEND NIVVIE...........
how much to send me some... they are hard to find here in Nashville.......

No charge.
An internet stranger once sent me a CD free of charge so you know, karma and all that.
PM me your address, unless your scared I might stalk you...Mwuhahaha!

AncientEagle
03-11-2005, 09:54 PM
I love every type that has been mentioned (except the ones in my computer). I have found that low-fat Vienna Fingers are great, too. I can eat them by the dozen. Unfortunately, while they are low in fat, when you eat only two of them, you have just consumed 160 calories. Question: Is it okay for me to take in 3200 calories at one sitting as long as I only get 60 grams of fat?

rhymegirl
03-11-2005, 10:31 PM
CC,

Thank you for that picture of Cookie Monster. I needed a good laugh and that made my day! :) :)

ChunkyC
03-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Yer welcome. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif He's my fave muppet of all time. Though I'd have to say the Swedish Chef comes in a close second.

MacAllister
03-11-2005, 10:39 PM
oooohhhh...I don't have much of a sweet tooth--but those Girl Scout Samoa(sp?) cookies...yum!

And it's that time of year, too! :D

awatkins
03-11-2005, 11:28 PM
Question: Is it okay for me to take in 3200 calories at one sitting as long as I only get 60 grams of fat?

Of course it is. Just make sure you're washing them down with a diet soda. That will counteract the calories, you see. :ROFL:

JanaLanier
03-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Of course it is. Just make sure you're washing them down with a diet soda. That will counteract the calories, you see. :ROFL:

If the cookies are broken, then they're less caloric. I think that's been scientifically proven. Mmmm hmmm.

My girl scout cookies are being delivered this weekend... I can't wait to eat Thin Mints right out of the freezer... waiting is so hard to do....

:faint:

awatkins
03-12-2005, 12:20 AM
If the cookies are broken, then they're less caloric. I think that's been scientifically proven. :faint:

Doh! I can't believe I forgot that part! Thanks for the reminder. :roll:

Hey, not only is this a writer's board, but it's also a source of dietary information! (or something...hehe)

Wandering Sensei
03-12-2005, 01:03 AM
I've only done this once before, but now of course, I'm forgetting.

How do you clean out all your cookies?

I admit, I just eat them. Then they're gone.

WVWriterGirl
03-12-2005, 07:44 AM
Oh, man, I've had Girl Scout cookies since 3/7...on the first night my husband ate a whole box of Tagalongs himself. I bought $21 worth and I don't think they'll last much longer...

WVWG

katiemac
03-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Chunk, you always make me laugh!

Hmm... I never thought about just eating those cookies! So simple! So pure!

.... So fattening. :(

Compton
03-12-2005, 08:09 AM
http://www.recipezaar.com/img/recipes/67/35/2/thumbs/67352.jpeg

Empire Cookies.

AncientEagle
03-12-2005, 08:33 AM
Just make sure you're washing them down with a diet soda. That will counteract the calories, you see. :ROFL:

I wash everything down with a diet soda. No, it doesn't counteract the calories, but it does reduce the total number of them by around 100. Every little bit helps. After a while, you learn to like the taste better anyway. And you can eat an extra cookie or two.

sthrnwriter
03-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Oh i love those. In my hometown, the girl scouts would set up a table in front of the K-mart selling cookies. I never could resist buying a box of Samoas everytime I went there. Too bad i didn't have a little sister.

katiemac
03-12-2005, 08:50 PM
A couple of friends once bought a deep-fryer as a joke (I believe it was a $7 corndog and twinkie maker from Wal-Mart) but we ended up having a ridiculous time frying everything in the house.

Deep-fried somoas? Surprisingly tasty.

(But the fried Eggo waffle.... heaven.)

JennaGlatzer
03-12-2005, 11:53 PM
We have a shortage of Girl Scouts in my area, apparently. Not one has visited my home in 5 years. Do they not realize what a goldmine I am? TAGALONGS... mmmm... I once found the Girl Scouts website, wrote to them, and asked them to send me a scout. They did! Maybe I'll do it again this year.

William Haskins
03-12-2005, 11:57 PM
jenna:
when you choose to live in a house like this, you can't expect people to send their young daughters to the door.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/gallery/2002/photos/194PN1.jpg

jdkiggins
03-13-2005, 12:16 AM
:roll: Jenna,

I expected the same and ran to get my recipe for Neiman-Marcus Cookies.

In 1999 someone sent an e-mail around stating h/she paid $250.00 for the Neiman-Marcus recipe and decided to send it across the internet. If you're not familiar with this cookie, it's made with oatmeal, chocolate chips, nuts, and Hershey Bars. Much better than :popcorn:

Joanne

Birol
03-13-2005, 09:26 AM
They were selling Girl Scout cookies outside the Wal-Mart this afternoon. I should've bought a box.