PDA

View Full Version : The editor called ME!

Rose
03-11-2005, 02:43 AM
Warning: I'm feeling especially desperate for affirmation and positive feedback this afternoon (it's been a tough week, writing-wise)...

So here's my unveiled attempt to solicit an AW pat on the back: an editor just called me to make an out-of-the-blue assignment!! This has never happened before in my writing career, which is now all of 7 months old. I'm thrilled! So what if it is low-paying and due in three days? She said she likes my work (based, I guess, on the clips I sent and the query she accepted a couple weeks ago) - and my little writer ego really needed to hear that today.

Thanks for indulging me!

TemlynWriting
03-11-2005, 02:59 AM
Warning: I'm feeling especially desperate for affirmation and positive feedback this afternoon (it's been a tough week, writing-wise)...

So here's my unveiled attempt to solicit an AW pat on the back: an editor just called me to make an out-of-the-blue assignment!! This has never happened before in my writing career, which is now all of 7 months old. I'm thrilled! So what if it is low-paying and due in three days? She said she likes my work (based, I guess, on the clips I sent and the query she accepted a couple weeks ago) - and my little writer ego really needed to hear that today.

Thanks for indulging me!

Woo Hoo!!! *pats Rose on the back* You deserve that!

I myself am in somewhat of a funk. I've sold a few filler articles on a few sites in the last 2 weeks, but the last few days I've felt like writing *nothing.* You'd think that would be affirming to me (and it is), but I feel completely unproductive, and don't feel like writing. I need to write, but I just don't feel like doing so.

Sometimes some positive feedback and really help, so I hope this encourages you! :)

Rose
03-11-2005, 03:07 AM
Thanks, TemlynWriting...here's to DE-funking ourselves!

awatkins
03-11-2005, 03:48 AM
That's great, Rose. You must be so excited! Congratulations. :)

rhymegirl
03-11-2005, 04:22 AM
Glad to hear your good news, Rose,
I'm happy as can be,
A writer needs to celebrate--
Here, have a drink on me! :Cheers:

sthrnwriter
03-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Congrats Rose! :Hug2: to ya.

Melina
03-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Rose!

What excellent news! Thanks for sharing it with us!

:hooray: :PartySmil :partyguy: :Trophy: :TheWave:

Keep it goin', Idahoan!

Melina

LRFarley
03-11-2005, 06:16 PM
From out of low-paying short turnaround jobs come good-paying longer turnaround jobs come high-paying short turnaround jobs come...you get the idea. Now get out of here and get to work writing!

Bob/lrf
From tiny seeds are mighty oak trees grown

Rose
03-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Ahhh, you are all so nice! Thanks!

Arisa81
03-12-2005, 03:27 AM
Rose,
Congrats, that is wonderful news. Good luck to you !

Kudra
03-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Way to go, Rose! We're all so happy for you. :partyguy:

jdkiggins
03-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Congrats! You're on a roll. :)

Joanne