Isn't She Wonderful...

Writer???

Because EYE said so!
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share how wonderful my wife is with you all.

She walked in today and for no reason whatsoever, handed me a Columbia Anthology, "The Top 500 Poems", edited by William Harmon, AND, "T.S. Eliot - A Collection of Critical Essays", edited by Hugh Kenner.

Isn't she great? She is always looking out for my interests. And a fantastic deal too of course. She got these for $2.00 each, and they were tucked away in the corner of a little country store she stoped at today.

The Essays are in chronological order of Eliot's life and I can't wait to get into it and see what others had to say about him.

The "500" is chock full my favorites and many more I've been wanting to read.

It's amazing how the little things, just having someone think about your hobbies or interests when they happen to be out, can make you feel so loved. :Hug2: :heart: :LilLove: :e2kissy:

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
That woman knows you, keep her :D

ddgryphon

King of Sloth Town
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
She is indeed.

I always thought that the amazing miracle was that my wife married me, but as the years have gone on I came to realize that as great a thing as that was, the fact that she remains with me and cares about me and my interests is the true miracle.

You've got a great wife--be sure to tell her and show that appreciation.

padnar

Registered
Reaction score
Hi ,
Glad to know that there is a guy who appreciate his wife 's love
and not take it for granted
padma

Teena

Bennie's Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to know there are spouses like that. When I'm in my home office pounding away on poetry or the novel, my husband takes that as a sign that I'm available for chores since I'm "not doing much." About the time my writer's block gives way and I get rolling, he'll interrupt to tell me it's my turn to clean the cat box, or something less important.

Keep her, Writer -- better yet, buy her diamonds!! :D

bylinebree

Still Seeking the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.breedavison.wordpress.com
Your wonderful wife truly IS wonderful. My hubby is, too, but he would be clueless about buying any type of poetry for me. He did, however, give me a book about Knights in Spain...a wonderful gesture even though the knight of my novel is only FROM Spain and the time period isn't the same. But he did try, and I cherish that.

Teena, I made a door-hanger for my studio (used to be "office" but now it sounds much more artsy to say "studio") out of pink flourescent poster-board, just a hook-shaped tag scribed in black marker. I tried locking my door, at first, but tired of getting up constantly to open it -- and talk to my various family members, including my hubby.

One side says: "Knock & You May Enter...Maybe*" (*I may growl and say 'no'!)"
The other side says: "Do NOT Disturb!" Period. They know when this one is up, if they bother me someone better be bleeding, or willing to risk my wrath!