PDA

View Full Version : Queen of Swords

cethklein
01-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Anyone ever watch this show? It looks good. I know it had Peter Wingfield (Methos) in it. I need another action adventure show now that everyone is telling me Roar isn't that good.

ChaosTitan
01-12-2008, 07:48 PM
I've never seen it. Wasn't it one of those syndicated shows like Xena and Jack of All Trades? The first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was our forum member of the same name. ;)

Serenity
01-12-2008, 07:52 PM
I watched a few eps because Peter was in it, as well as Valentine Pelka. It was bad. Bad acting in some cases and bad scripts in most cases, just bad. Although I do give it points for location. The sets were beautiful.

cethklein
01-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Wow that's bad because Wingfield is usually a pretty good actor (at least in Highlander, my only major experience seeing him act.) Oh well. I'm glad I ask these things here before tracking down DVDs of these shows.

Serenity
01-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Oh, I loved Peter Wingfield. But sometimes even great actors can't rise above a bad script. David Abramowitz was an exec producer, which is probably how they got him and also Valentine Pelka (a repeat guest star on Highlander) to sign on. It just wasn't a very good series, which is why it only lasted 15 eps.

cethklein
01-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Of course look at Highlander. They ended up butchering it too from what I'm told (I haven't seen The Source for the reason that so many people have told me how horrid it is). I do wish they had fleshed out the Methos character more than they did instead of some of these movies.

Serenity
01-13-2008, 01:10 AM
Don't even get me started on what they did with the Highlander universe in that movie! :tongue It turned everything (even more so than the second completely awful movie) on its head and then some.

But that's a whole other thread...

BlueLucario
01-13-2008, 01:47 AM
I hear Heroes is a kickass show.

cethklein
01-13-2008, 04:58 AM
Ok I just dug up a clip of Queen of Swords on YouTube. Wow you weren't kidding, it's horrid. It was a fight scene and one of the girls was using a dragon-head katana identical to Duncan's. So apparently they even re-used props!. (because we all know there were tons of katanas with carved dragon handles floating around in the American west.)

But yeah Highlander The Series is one of my favorite series. Even Endgame left a bit to be desired.