PDA

View Full Version : Those Annoying People at Work

Gina M
01-12-2008, 03:54 AM
You know the ones who keep spewing the same word or catch phrase hoping it takes - or they use a common word and force it to fit into an unrelated topic. They'll just keep using the word over and over until eventually you are brainwashed into believing it is acceptable.

These people are responsible for 'thinking outside of the box' or 'reinventing the wheel' they use so much 'verbiage' that you could vomit.

So, the other day I am sitting in a meeting and the word 'architecture' keeps coming out of someone's mouth - (he's the VP so I can't tell him to shut up). Not a bad word, I actually like the word, however, you know this is going to become the next catch phrase. Although a great word, it didn't really need to be said a million times, over enunciating it each time.

Well dammit, since that meeting I swear everytime I turn around, someone at work is saying architecture.

Either he is incredibly influential or this pee -on has very low tolerance :(

My 2c.

SpookyWriter
01-12-2008, 04:13 AM
I was just thinking the same thing. I was taking a poop the other day when the guy in the next stall blurted out "Brilliant architecture."

I have no idea what he meant at the time.

Now I understand.

Thanks for clearing up that mystery.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-12-2008, 04:24 AM
Ahhhhh... how I miss the ol' days when 'synergy' and 'synergistic' and 'transparent' and 'Leadership through Quality' and 'Demming' were the buzz words!

Not.

:D

SpookyWriter
01-12-2008, 04:28 AM
Ahhhhh... how I miss the ol' days when 'synergy' and 'synergistic' and 'transparent' and 'Leadership through Quality' and 'Demming' were the buzz words!

Not.

:DDon't follow the Politic forum much, do we?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-12-2008, 04:29 AM
No. We don't. And that's just one of the reasons why!

Jersey Chick
01-12-2008, 04:34 AM
Reminds me of the movie Mean Girls where the one character keeps using the word "fetch" to mean cool. Someone finally tells her it's the stupidest thing ever and will never catch on.

Totally fetch, man.

i miss working in the outside world :(

SpookyWriter
01-12-2008, 04:35 AM
i miss working in the outside world :(There is an inside world?

Jersey Chick
01-12-2008, 04:39 AM
yes - it's the asylum and i live in it. i miss conversations that don't revolve around cartoon characters or Drake & Josh or iCarly....

i need a happy place.

scarletpeaches
01-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Y'all need some lessons in scarletpeaches linguistics.

Repeat after me:

"I'm sorry, I don't speak twat. What are you talking about?"

Aaaaand we're done.

choppersmom
01-12-2008, 04:43 AM
Let's "table" this idea for now, mmmkay??

BenPanced
01-12-2008, 05:48 AM
FYI.
FYI.
FYI.
FYI.
FYI.
FYI.
FYI.
FYI.
FYI.
FYI.
FYI.
FYI.
STFU!!!

melaniehoo
01-12-2008, 05:58 AM
Reminds me of the movie Mean Girls where the one character keeps using the word "fetch" to mean cool. Someone finally tells her it's the stupidest thing ever and will never catch on.

Totally fetch, man.

i miss working in the outside world :(

That reminds me of Never Been Kissed with Ms. Drew when the girls say he's crunching on her. Grr, and there's another word that the cool kid makes popular and now I've forgotten it.

ETA: I knew I'd remember as soon as I posted. Rufus. Everything's totally rufus.

Gina M
01-12-2008, 06:12 AM
I was just thinking the same thing. I was taking a poop the other day when the guy in the next stall blurted out "Brilliant architecture."

I have no idea what he meant at the time.

Now I understand.

Thanks for clearing up that mystery.

Ha ha - to me that sounds like you stood on the shoulders of giants to achieve your smart goal (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely)
Talking about you getting it - not your poop.

Silver King
01-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Ridiculous.

It used to mean exactly what it says: Absurd and freaking stoopid.

Now it's cool.

"Did you see those ridiculous pants? They're so great how they hang off that guy's hips and show his crack. I love it!"

WTF?

Maybe I'm not hip or cool or whatever, but don't ever call me ridiculous!

LIVIN
01-12-2008, 09:01 AM
I was in a meeting once, or, it was more like a presentation. I wasn't really presenting, but I was aiding in the presenting, we'll say... anyway, I used the word "paltry" and half the room suddenly burst out with, "Great word."

Totally freaked out.

Cranky
01-12-2008, 09:32 AM

Not.

:D

Don't forget "paradigm shift".