PDA

View Full Version : A commercial INSIDE a commercial!

Plot Device
01-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Unbelievable!

I don't have a link for you, I'll just describe it for you.

Just a moment ago I saw the first few introductory seconds of a commercial for the upcoming film Jumper. I wanted to pay special attention to the commercial because I have a passing interest in this film. So I was quite alert and not just glazing.

Well, after about ten seconds of the announcer guy explainng the plot and showing how the movie characters have the supernatural abilty to jump through time and space, they showed ONE of the characters sitting on his sofa, watching TV, and then on his TV set an ad for HP computers came on. And then the movie character jumped into the commercial for HP computers. And so we then watched the entire HP computer commercial with the movie character sort of "infiltrating" it. And then, when the HP ad was done, the movie character jumped out of the TV, back to his sofa again, and the the rest of the TV ad for the movie Jumper resumed.

Weird!!!

Fox The Cave
01-11-2008, 06:42 AM
I think Grif said it best in an episode of Red Vs Blue.

"That's totally, totally lame.

And not at all surprising.

Which is also, totally, totally, lame."

Calla Lily
01-11-2008, 04:33 PM
I saw that! I had the sound off and was totally confused. Guess I would've been just as confuesd with the sound on. :D

I was toying with the idea of shelling out $8 to see this, but now I'm having second thoughts. Too much hype.

Plot Device
01-12-2008, 01:19 AM
I never saw Red vs. Blue. Heard it was really cool though.

I will say this ad made me pay attention.

Plot Device
01-12-2008, 01:20 AM
I saw that! I had the sound off and was totally confused. Guess I would've been just as confuesd with the sound on. :D

I was toying with the idea of shelling out $8 to see this, but now I'm having second thoughts. Too much hype.

They do seem to be trying pretty hard with this one.

katiemac
01-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Just saw it. Weird.

Williebee
01-12-2008, 09:13 AM
I had to go find it. Here
(http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=227&task=videodirectlink&id=450)

very strange/lame/unfortunate