I have another radio interview for January 9, 6AM EST

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
(ETA: It's for January 10)

This interview is kind of a surprise, last minute thing.

I got an email from the producer for the 55 WKRC (AM) morning show in Cincinnati. It's a talk station, and on Wednesday morning they got on the topic of the new streetcar proposal for Cincinnati and the old subway built in Cincinnati. The producer somehow remembered me and my first book and emailed me and asked if I could call in Thursday morning and answer some questions on the air.

Of course my answer is yes!

Tonight I'm doing quick research to re-familiarize myself with the pros and cons of the streetcar proposal as well as Cincinnati's current traffic problems.

So, if you're up at 6AM EST, please tune in. Hopefully we can get the title of my first book announced. We're talking tens of thousands of listeners.

I'm just hoping I don't sound like an idiot. :)

allen

Last edited:

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Thank you! Since I had to do the interview from work, and I didn't have quick access to a land line, I had to take the call from a cell phone.

The interview was going great. He got all my book titles in, called me a "transportation expert," got my website in. He was asking good questions, I was trying to give intelligent, thought-out answers. UNTIL he said, "Allen, we have to cut this short, your cell phone is breaking up too much."

And that was that.

ARGGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate my job!

But at least I was on the radio for five minutes or so talking about my books and local transportation history.

They also put a quick mention of it on the host's blog. See it here.

allen