Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Hairy Italian men abound on both sides of my family. My dad's the Missing Link. (I won't post a photo. You can thank me later.)

A few years ago, one of the women's TV channels was doing a wedding series, and they used my cousin's wedding. He's a Broadway musician, his wife is a model. Part of the "day before the wedding" montage showed him and his best man (his brother) getting massages at a chic NYC spa. When they were on their tumies on the table with towels tastefully draped over their butts, the cameras zoomed in on the masseuse's technique.

This is what we saw: delicate hands rubbing oil into BACK HAIR!!!

We were watching it during dinner and both my kids chorused, "Eww!"

We gleefully told them: "Guys, that'll be you when you grow up."

"EWW!"

(My DH has some back hair; not much. Doesn't bother me. Probably the Italian genes in me. :) )

zenwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I have no problem with a fuzzy man. Keeps me warm during all those cold Canadian winters. The hairless, skinny look currently in favor with male models is sort of a turn-off for me – too pre-pubescent, too un-masculine. Men are supposed to have hair – at least some hair. But it really is the guy that counts. I'd date someone smooth and hairless (or fuzzy) if he was great and smart and made me laugh. I will avoid guys who wax their backs just because some woman tells them to and also men who have a hang-up with their hair. A man who is confident in his own skin (no matter how much hair that skin has) is always the better choice for me.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I love chest hair but I'm not into back hair at all. My husband is part american indian so I have about three hairs on his chest. I enjoy all three.:D

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
We were at the cabin, DH's cousin shows up with her very hairy hubby. He pulls off his shirt to go swimming, and my youngest son, the nature nut, runs up, rubs the hair on his chest and back to make sure it was real and says, with great awe, "Wow, you could have a whole ecosystem living in there."

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Chest hair and leg hair is fine, but if the back is hairy, he needs to go in for some manscaping.

mum23

Registered
Reaction score
Website
hownottobeastepmum.blogspot.com
Ok, this is whatI got so far. Does it make sense?

Now, I don’t know what it is about hairy chests. I like them, I liked Neil’s although isn’t particularly hairy, but one thing I certainly don’t “do” are hairy backs. Even if Orland Bloom had a hairy back, I’d ask him to shave it! I know quite a few women that are turned on by hairy men however...like they associate it with more 'manliness' or something along those lines. And it’s not like there’s a range of back-hair products that makes it stand up and glisten. You would have noticed that hairy-backed men haven’t taken to wearing scoop-backed-t-shirts to show off their hirsute manliness. It really wouldn’t be nice if a man took off his shirt to reveal he had been wearing a jumper.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend of many years that has the Italian hairy back. He is very proud of it as it matches his hairy chest. In fact it looks like he is wearing a shirt of hair.

When I told him that I bet it turned off alot of women he found that a surpirze. (He might check his track record. That might be one reason he has short lived relationships...lol.....)

I can not stand that much hair. I don't mind some on the chest, but not the back.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
My husband's half Cherokee, half Spanish. He's got the furry front (at least he did, until his surgery, when they shaved his tummy smooth - but it's almost grown back), but his back... well, it seems the Spanish and the Cherokee are duking it out. He's a got a few fly hairs (ICK!!!) and that's about it. I've been bugging him for 15 years about waxing, but he just tunes me out. I try not to think about it.

mum23

Registered
Reaction score
Website
hownottobeastepmum.blogspot.com
I've just looked at that pic again and I can't decide which is worse, hairy backs or the hairy shoulders and arms. It's totally gross.

I found this:
The reason I ask this question is because, being a female, I am required to shave for the sake of the male species' pleasure. Don't get me wrong, I prefer to shave as I do derive my own pleasure from the comfort it lends me, but society has imposed the idea that if I were not to shave I would become less appealing to the oppositesex. Men become 'grossed out' at the slightest view of a woman's leg that has gone unshaven, and for this reason I do feel that we, females, are required to shave in order to appear attractive.

Men obviously don't really care.

Noob

Registered
Reaction score
Personally i prefer men with as litel body hair as possible. I dont think its offending to say that out load, or to a hairy guy.
Why? Dont most women shave under their arms, legs++. Some men dont care if their women have lots of body hair, while other would puke.
Its all about once personal taste.

Azure Skye

Huh?
Registered
Reaction score
Total turn off. *shudder* I prefer as little body hair as possible. Natural though. None of this waxing stuff.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
In general I don't really have a preference, but I love my fuzzy husband! Sometimes he gets annoyed because I keep petting the fur on his back. :) Also, the favor is returned. I don't shave my legs (gasp!) unless I'm planning on going swimming, and he couldn't care less. I loves my man!

ETA: On the other hand, with our combined genes, our natural children are going to look like monkeys.

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
ETA: On the other hand, with our combined genes, our natural children are going to look like monkeys.

My B-I-L used to work at the zoo. They had a baby orangutan, Buffy, that needed major mothering, so he took it home to M-I-L. She feed it, cleaned it, dressed it, and loaded it into the baby carriage to take for a walk. People intown actually thought it was her grandchild!! The whole family (except DH) has tons of bright red hair.

**Note: They first told me that story and then showed me pictures when I was pregnant -- it was the cause of MANY sleepless nights!

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
I have no problem with a fuzzy man. Keeps me warm during all those cold Canadian winters. The hairless, skinny look currently in favor with male models is sort of a turn-off for me – too pre-pubescent, too un-masculine.

Hey, I'm not "pre-pubescent," I'm Asian. No way in hell I'd pass for a model either--but, I've big muscles and a tremendous singing voice.

zenwriter

Registered
Reaction score
No offense meant, Tiger. I have no doubt that you are indeed manly.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
I dont mind a little hair on a guy. Without getting too terribly graphic about it, the hair on a guy helps to buffer the friction between his body and a woman's. When both male and female are shaved clean as a whistle--they will indeed whistle! The friction of skin-on-skin causes that "fart" sounding noise when they get rubbing together. I had that problem with one of my very first boyfriends. He had no hair on his chest and I was a teenager whose breasts weren't well develped yet (I was very flat-chested), and the noise of our two flat and naked chests rubbing together made us stop and laugh and then he had to get out of bed and very humorously sprinkled some baby powder on his chest to try and alleviate it. But the presense of hair keeps things nice and quiet.

The back hair and the shoulder pads is pushing it though as far as my own personal tolerances.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Beyond the chest grosses me out. Specially if I start seeing hairs in places there shouldn't be hairs...my sink, pillows, my sheets, etc.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
I've just looked at that pic again and I can't decide which is worse, hairy backs or the hairy shoulders and arms. It's totally gross.

I found this:
The reason I ask this question is because, being a female, I am required to shave for the sake of the male species' pleasure. Don't get me wrong, I prefer to shave as I do derive my own pleasure from the comfort it lends me, but society has imposed the idea that if I were not to shave I would become less appealing to the oppositesex. Men become 'grossed out' at the slightest view of a woman's leg that has gone unshaven, and for this reason I do feel that we, females, are required to shave in order to appear attractive.

Men obviously don't really care.
Men care too. I know a few (names withheld to protect the innocent) who shave or trim their body hair with a beard trimmer. Smooth is very nice, but then again, so is Sean Connery.
Here ya go:
austin_powers_l.jpg

Last edited:

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
None taken... Sorry, I should have dropped in a little smiley.

Well, there are hairy Asians too. Try Okinawa.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Hairy men?

Hmm on the head - must be nice and long, I'm a sucker for long hair. A nicely trimmed goatee is cute too, on the right guy

On the body - er no, not really. My hubby naturally has no hair on his upper body! But for those that are hairier, I don't know that I want a guy who spent more time in a salon getting waxed than I do, so as long as it's a) natural and b) doesn't poke above the collar of a shirt, or c) make him look like an Afghan Hound when he takes his shirt off, I'll cope.

As for the sack wax ----ewww I don't want to look at the last turkey in the shop!