Write Naked

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriteRight

Registered
Reaction score
Getting into the right (write) frame of mind to create on paper is one thing. But does it help to "dress for the occasion"? My old jeans and T-shirt do the job for me. And perhaps a quiet tinkle on the old acoustic helps as well. :Guitar:

How about you guys? ;)

rich

He sat,

A modern, figless Adam

Stiff fingers hovering above the keyboard

Two fleshy mounds of skin

Sunk in cold leather

Shoulders cowering from the drafty room

Toes carressing the warmth of the

Power strip beneath his desk.

He writes his first line,

"2) PLAN 'B'..."

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I think this goes to the point that it's important to have a place to write where one can be comfortable enough to sit and write for a good stretch of time. If your back and arms are gonna be aching then it will be hard to write for very long. Same goes for comfy clothes. Due to space restrictions where I live I'm currently set up at the dining room table and it's really sub-optimal. When my oldest finally moves out (he's nearly 20 so don't think I'm too cruel) his room becomes my office.:thankyou:

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
first thing that's gotta go when it's time to write--the over the shoulder boulder holder, then the shoes.

Shawn

Wandering Sensei

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Shoes go off as soon as I'm in the house. I do wear clothes when I write. Old, torn tee shirt and similarly old, torn shorts. The cats like to jump up on me and the tabby likes to crawl around--lap to shoulder, shoulder to shoulder, shoulder to arm. If they're going to stick their claws into something, I'd rather it be old cloth, rather than me.

Besides, I sit in a vinyl kitchen chair and if I'm not wearing clothes, I stick to it. A real office chair is on my list. Right after the new computer, digital camera, laptop, new vacuum, new sewing machine, new futon cover....

HConn

Whore for genre
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.harryjconnolly.com
I wear a leather hood when I write, because it confines my field of vision to the monitor. To keep myself from snacking or chatting with people, I wear one of those gags with the red ball that fits in your mouth. My black vinyl boots, pants and jacket keeps me warm during the winter months, except it doesn't cover my neck. I have a yellow feather boa for that.

Also, I write at Starbucks.

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
HConn said:
I wear a leather hood when I write, because it confines my field of vision to the monitor. To keep myself from snacking or chatting with people, I wear one of those gags with the red ball that fits in your mouth. My black vinyl boots, pants and jacket keeps me warm during the winter months, except it doesn't cover my neck. I have a yellow feather boa for that.

What a picture--FOMC,LMAO,SP (Falling Off My Chair, Laughing My A** Off, Sputtering Pepsi)

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :hooray: :hooray: I needed a good laugh.

Shawn

Last edited:

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
HConn said:

I think I've been to that Starbucks. Needless to say I swore off coffee forever.

Anatole Ghio

Ironic Paranormal
Registered
Reaction score
HAA!

I love this idea. I normally get cold hands and feet, so I have to dress in warm clothes while writing... however, first opportunity I get to try this out, especially if I get stuck and need a trick to try to free up my mind, I will try this.

Thanks for the idea!

- Anatole

WriteRight

Registered
Reaction score
HConn said:

We don't have Starbucks in South Africa, but I have heard all about them from my brother-in-law who lives in London and spends most Saturday mornings at the local franchise.

I will tell him to keep a lookout for the strange, hooded characters drinking coffee...:Coffee:

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
HConn, that was a hoot.

I wear whatever I happen to find that morning. One weirdish addition lately is a fingerless glove on my right hand. I think it's probably because of my post-StupidHeartAttack meds but my hands, especially the right one, nearly always feel cold.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Caution

maestrowork said:
I am naked right now.

We know.

Please, be very careful when you close the desk drawer.

Maryn

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
Maryn said:
We know.

Please, be very careful when you close the desk drawer.

Maryn

:banana: Good one, Maryn! Ray writes naked, uh- wow!

And I typically can write in anything comfortable. Jeans and a t-shirt - or shorts.

Last edited:

Rainy Day Woman

In sunny South Africa, what you wear depends on the weather... Summer means I wrap myself in a soft sarong (and only a sarong!) while winter sees me wrapped up in a nice, comfy duvet. The downside of that is that it's ever so tempting to migrate to the bed and have just a little snooze for quite a few hours!:sleepy:

Status
Not open for further replies.