PDA

View Full Version : If you have any spare positive vibes, I could use a few

skelly
01-08-2008, 07:31 AM
My wife and son were following me on my way to take my truck to a place to get it fixed. They were in an awful crash that--thank God--only resulted in minor injuries. van was totaled, tho. They were taken to the hospital in an ambulance and I followed.

That thing I was going to have fixed? Yup. Truck croaked. Walked about a mile, found a pay phone, finally got to the hospital. Like I said, they're all right.

Here's the weird thing, as bad as losing both our vehicles (one permanently) screws up my whole life, all I can think about is the way I felt when I heard the crash and looked in the rear view mirror, and the fact that my heart did not beat once for the ten seconds that it took to shut my truck down and run back to her van, not knowing what I would see. All I can think about is seeing my son's terrified face and him asking me "Daddy, am I gonna die? Am I gonna die?"

I've never been so scared in my whole life.

Oh, and seat belts work. I have proof. Use them.

dolores haze
01-08-2008, 07:35 AM
OMG, Skelly, I'm so glad they're OK. What an awful experience for all of you.
Sending a few tons of positive vibes your way.

Susie
01-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Sure sorry that happened to your family, Skelly, but so glad they'll be aok and that you weren't hurt physically is great. Sure sorry too, about your truck and car, but your right about seat belts. They definitely do work. Praying all will be well. :Hug2:

poetinahat
01-08-2008, 07:36 AM
God love ya, Scott. I'm glad you and your family are okay.

I can't imagine how you must have felt, but there can't be anything more frightening than that first sight.

I hope everyone heals quickly, and that you're mobile again soon.

wyntermoon
01-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Oh Scott. I saw your post title and hoped it had absolutely nothing to do with your family. :( Thank goodness everyone is all right! And you're right about seat belts - I would have been dead 20 years ago if I hadn't clicked mine in a minute before we flipped.

:Hug2:
Stacey

Williebee
01-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Skelly, the title of the thread is misleading (and I'm very glad it is.)

You don't need positive vibes. You just gave us an example of an abundance of them.

I'm very glad your family is well. All the rest is just stuff.

I got reminded of that myself this holiday. For Christmas we were told that DB -- Darling Bride had a tumor. For New Years they took it out and told us it's benign, and removed.

The surgery and hospital stay is going to cost more than both my vehicles and most of a year's house payments. I'll scrape together the money, and write every one of the checks happily.

(Ok, probably not ALL of them.)

Hugs to both them, my friend!

Mel
01-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Lots and lots of good vibes heading your way. And :Hug2:for all of you.

brokenfingers
01-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Wow, definitely sending good vibes your way and I'm glad that everything's okay for you and your family. It's true that material items don't matter at all in the true scheme of things.

reigningcatsndogs
01-08-2008, 08:08 AM
I cannot even begin to imagine the terror!

Count on whatever positive vibes I can send to you and your family, and yours as well Williebee. Hug them and hold them close.

CACTUSWENDY
01-08-2008, 08:14 AM
OMG....Wow. Talk about a blessing. Am so glad you and your family are okay. The cars can be replaced.....I bet this gives you a new way to look at life. Again, am so glad you are all okay.

skelly
01-08-2008, 08:22 AM
I can't begin to describe how uplifting it is to hear some kind words and encouragement. You people are wonderful and I love you all very much. Thank you. :)

nerds
01-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Cars are cars. They get us around, they cost money, they cause trouble when in the wrong hands, once in a while they make us really happy. If the world was laid out with some sense we wouldn't be so damned dependent on them.

Family is everything and always. You're short two vehicles but you have them, that's all that matters. Godspeed.

JennaGlatzer
01-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Wow, Scott. My heart stopped beating for a few seconds, too, and I'm not even you. ;) That must have been terrifying. So sorry about the two vehicles, but so glad your family is OK.

louisgodwin
01-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Glad your family is okay. Good vibes en route.

JLCwrites
01-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Sending you copious amounts of good vibes. What a terrifying experience and I am so relieved that everyone is alright. Be sure to give your family, and yourself, some big hugs from me. As long as they are ok, everything else will fall into place.

Cassiopeia
01-08-2008, 11:36 AM
My heart goes out to you and your family. It'll be okay. Try not to relive those moments as much as you can. Go hug them...listen to them talk to you. The sound of their voices and the look in their eyes when they see you will erase the horror of it soon enough.

I wish I could hug you but this will have to do. *BIG HUGS*

Bartholomew
01-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Namaste, friend.

Writer???
01-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Thank God they're going to be okay! I'm so sorry you all suffered this emotional shock. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. And you too Williebee.

Mandy-Jane
01-08-2008, 01:05 PM
What an awful thing to have to see. I can only imagine how horrific it must have been for you. Thank God they're alright. I hope they and you recover from it as quickly as you can.

Angelinity
01-08-2008, 01:36 PM
scott, my heart goes out to you. i can only image the terror of those 10 seconds -- one of those moments in life when time itself hiccups and literally stops... the 10 seconds must have felt like and eternity...

it's these crossroads moments -- and thankfully they are rare and far apart -- that often brings the essence of our lives into focus... what really matters, what keeps us grounded, what keeps us going really, suddenly becomes so clear and simple, doesn't it.

bills and taxes and school fees and speeding tickets and business losses and if only i could afford that fade into the background at these times. and somehow we are strengthened and empowered by them.

may your loved ones recover quickly so you can sooner enjoy the blessings of your togetherness.

skelly
01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
I hope my boss is as understanding and kind when I call and tell him I'm not going to be able to make it in to work until I can find some transport :)

I hate to keep bumping this up, but I have to tell you guys how much it lifts my spirits to read your kind and encouraging comments. It really helps. Thank you all.

Stew21
01-08-2008, 03:22 PM
hugs to you, Scott. I can't imagine that horror. I'm so sorry, but so very glad the injuries were minor.

Voyager
01-08-2008, 03:27 PM
OMG, your poor baby boy. I remember when my son was three, refusing to sleep and telling me he didn't want to die for a few nights following a particularly bad asthma attack. It is the single most heart breaking thing to hear from your child. I'm so glad and happy and relieved for you that you can tell him, no baby, daddy's here and you're going to be fine. Good thoughts to the three of you.

cletus
01-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Good vibes coming your way.

kikazaru
01-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Sure puts life in perspective doesn't it?

You can always get another car, but family and loved ones are irreplaceable. So glad for you that your family is safe and sound.

Jersey Chick
01-08-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm so glad everyone was ok - here are more good vibes for you all. And :Hug2: while I'm at it.

quickWit
01-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Good vibes coming your way via FedEx. Should be there by 10 am.

Glad you and your family are OK. :)

truelyana
01-08-2008, 05:32 PM

That's happened to us before, we about just glided past another car so quickly that I jumped out of my seat and fell forward, banged head(wasnt wearing seatbelt). At the time my dad started laughing and so did I, so the situation wasn't as threatening as it was made out to seem.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-08-2008, 06:41 PM
You and your family must've been wrapped in good vibes before you ever asked for 'em! What an experience! So glad to hear all is going to be well.

Here's another vibe or two or a thousand, just in case! :D

Perks
01-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Wow, skelly, what a trial. I'm so glad the story has a good, if expensive, ending.

nancy sv
01-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh my gosh!! I am sooo glad to hear they are OK!!! A few months ago I was riding my bike when a car pulled out in front of me. I was right in her blind spot when she turned out - and I knew I was going down. I had those few seconds when I knew it was inevitable, but there was NOTHING I could do. It was awful.

But you know what? As I lay there on the ground all scraped up (nothing serious, thank God) I kept thinking about how I was so thankful it was me and not my boys!

Give your wife and son a big hug for me -'kay??