Does Tom Brady make you feel inadequete?

Well does he?

• Yes, and the fact that he breeds worries me

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Yes, most men do actually

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, everyone knows being the star quarterback, & dating supermodels doesn't really matter

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No, but orlando bloom does

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Eggplant makes me feel inadequete.

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Actually, I have to amend my earlier statement. Almost all football players make me feel inadequate. Yesterday, I ran across two who I shall forever point and giggle at. Behold:

Whimper

and

Askew

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No. He and the Patriots cheated, so as far as I am concerned he is a nonentity. The NFL should have done more that slap them on the wrist. They should have forfeited the game and not let them be in the playoffs. But noooo....there is too much money at stake. And as far as him being everybody's baby daddy, that just makes him loathesome.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
No. He and the Patriots cheated, so as far as I am concerned he is a nonentity. The NFL should have done more that slap them on the wrist. They should have forfeited the game and not let them be in the playoffs. But noooo....there is too much money at stake. And as far as him being everybody's baby daddy, that just makes him loathesome.
Upon further review, Sass is right. Fifteen yard penalty, at the spot of the taping foul, starting from the second game of the season. In addition, the spreading of Tom's seed without due course deserves a game misconduct penalty.

So the Pats start 0 and 2. They're still in good shape by this time of the season.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe, but the decision's been made, the punishment was meted out, and the Pats have paid what was asked.

I think if they'd thought the transgression was really on a PacMan Jones, Shoeless Joe or Pete Rose level, the League would've made the punishment more severe. I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

[ETA: I think cheating is an especially heinous thing to do, and the event has made it a lot harder for me to think of the Patriots as good winners.]

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I'm with Sass. He's a pretty boy cheater. There should be an asterisk next to the Patriots that's the size of Barry Bonds' head if they go on to win the Super Bowl and have a truly perfect season.

I also don't think he's at all attractive. But then, I've got a girlie crush on Eli Manning (he's just so cute! Makes up for his less than stellar on-field performance.) :)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with Sass. He's a pretty boy cheater. There should be an asterisk next to the Patriots that's the size of Barry Bonds' head if they go on to win the Super Bowl and have a truly perfect season...
I agree, since no team before this year has ever taped another team's signals. Ever. It just never happened. Thank goodness it's been nipped in the bud now so we'll never have to discuss this side of sports again.

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like the man. Simple as that. And don't go yelling at me saying I don't know him, because I don't, and wouldn't want to waste my time.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I think the Pats may have previously caught the Jets at it, but not said anything about it.

I can't back that up with a link right now, but I'll try to find one. If I'm wrong, I'll correct this post.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Does Tom Brady make me feel inadequate?

Ummm, no.

I remember one of the NY Giants said that he couldn't stand Brady because he walks around everywhere smiling and waving like he's Prince Charles, and that's about how I feel about him. He looks like the type of guy who should be singing in Broadway musicals rather than throwing passes.

He just looks like such a girlie-boy.

Go Jaguars!!!
Kill him!!!
Kill him!!!
Kill him!!!

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I agree, since no team before this year has ever taped another team's signals. Ever. It just never happened. Thank goodness it's been nipped in the bud now so we'll never have to discuss this side of sports again.

you sure about that? All sarcasm aside ;) (I feel the love, SK, I really do!)

I still adore the Pats, regardless of all of the hullaballoo and sour grapes. Their skills have carried them beyond the taping incident -- let me just say that it's a hypocritical stance of some coaches that taping was cheating. Why do you think coaches hold clipboards up in front of their faces while they call plays? eh? Having it on video rather than just lip reading makes it worse??? Mangini (sp? ha cleaned up so I don't offend anyone) is a whiny little (BEEP) who didn't squeal from some sense of moral outrage...think about it.
Next thing you know Baseball will jump on the bandwagon -- any player on second base caught sending the catcher's signals to the batter will be summarily executed!!!! Do not pass go, do not collect $200...

Sigh.

TOM BRADY IS THE MAN!!!! And the Pats are the sandwich....

Last edited:

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bravo - I should have said yesterday- You are a better person than TomBrady. :) Indeed, better than many.

foinah said:
Why do you think coaches hold clipboards up in front of their faces while they call plays? eh?
Um- to prevent cheating. How is that hypocritical?