PDA

View Full Version : Does Tom Brady make you feel inadequete?

Bravo
01-08-2008, 05:37 AM
?

Perks
01-08-2008, 05:42 AM
Does this still work if you're a girl? Because all football players make me feel inadequate.

Silver King
01-08-2008, 05:44 AM
Only because his jerking throwing arm is stronger than mine.

robeiae
01-08-2008, 05:45 AM
Only when he's dressed in clothes that fit his body type.

BenPanced
01-08-2008, 05:49 AM
Who?

Perks
01-08-2008, 05:53 AM
Actually, I have to amend my earlier statement. Almost all football players make me feel inadequate. Yesterday, I ran across two who I shall forever point and giggle at. Behold:

Whimper (http://www.nfl.com/players/guywhimper/profile?id=WHI006874)

and

Askew (http://www.nfl.com/players/b.j.askew/profile?id=ASK283611)

sassandgroove
01-08-2008, 06:00 AM
No. He and the Patriots cheated, so as far as I am concerned he is a nonentity. The NFL should have done more that slap them on the wrist. They should have forfeited the game and not let them be in the playoffs. But noooo....there is too much money at stake. And as far as him being everybody's baby daddy, that just makes him loathesome.

Silver King
01-08-2008, 06:11 AM
No. He and the Patriots cheated, so as far as I am concerned he is a nonentity. The NFL should have done more that slap them on the wrist. They should have forfeited the game and not let them be in the playoffs. But noooo....there is too much money at stake. And as far as him being everybody's baby daddy, that just makes him loathesome.
Upon further review, Sass is right. Fifteen yard penalty, at the spot of the taping foul, starting from the second game of the season. In addition, the spreading of Tom's seed without due course deserves a game misconduct penalty.

So the Pats start 0 and 2. They're still in good shape by this time of the season.

maestrowork
01-08-2008, 06:20 AM
I don't follow TV reruns. Never watched any of the Brady Bunch shows.

robeiae
01-08-2008, 06:21 AM
I don't follow golf.
Because the ball is too small?

poetinahat
01-08-2008, 06:26 AM
Maybe, but the decision's been made, the punishment was meted out, and the Pats have paid what was asked.

I think if they'd thought the transgression was really on a PacMan Jones, Shoeless Joe or Pete Rose level, the League would've made the punishment more severe. I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

[ETA: I think cheating is an especially heinous thing to do, and the event has made it a lot harder for me to think of the Patriots as good winners.]

Jersey Chick
01-08-2008, 06:35 AM
I'm with Sass. He's a pretty boy cheater. There should be an asterisk next to the Patriots that's the size of Barry Bonds' head if they go on to win the Super Bowl and have a truly perfect season.

I also don't think he's at all attractive. But then, I've got a girlie crush on Eli Manning (he's just so cute! Makes up for his less than stellar on-field performance.) :)

Silver King
01-08-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm with Sass. He's a pretty boy cheater. There should be an asterisk next to the Patriots that's the size of Barry Bonds' head if they go on to win the Super Bowl and have a truly perfect season...
I agree, since no team before this year has ever taped another team's signals. Ever. It just never happened. Thank goodness it's been nipped in the bud now so we'll never have to discuss this side of sports again.

ZannaPerry
01-08-2008, 06:47 AM
I don't like the man. Simple as that. And don't go yelling at me saying I don't know him, because I don't, and wouldn't want to waste my time.

Jersey Chick
01-08-2008, 06:47 AM
I certainly hope not. Between that and steroids in baseball, American sports are falling apart... sigh...

sassandgroove
01-08-2008, 06:49 AM
do I detect a note of sarcasm, there, silverking?

Silver King
01-08-2008, 06:56 AM
do I detect a note of sarcasm, there, silverking?
Not just one note, but an entire symphony. ;)

Jersey Chick
01-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Argh... I didn't pick up the sarcasm. My blonde is showing.

Either way, the difference is, no one can prove or disprove any other team has done it. I'm sure they have, the only difference is the Patriots got caught.

poetinahat
01-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Actually, I think the Pats may have previously caught the Jets at it, but not said anything about it.

I can't back that up with a link right now, but I'll try to find one. If I'm wrong, I'll correct this post.

robeiae
01-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Yes, that’s right – I said “used to”. :D
Obviously, she's going to great lengths to not make you feel "small"...

robeiae
01-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Reward her. Take a vacation by yourself.

rhymegirl
01-08-2008, 08:41 AM
I <3 Tom Brady.

louisgodwin
01-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Does Tom Brady make me feel inadequate?

Ummm, no.

I remember one of the NY Giants said that he couldn't stand Brady because he walks around everywhere smiling and waving like he's Prince Charles, and that's about how I feel about him. He looks like the type of guy who should be singing in Broadway musicals rather than throwing passes.

He just looks like such a girlie-boy.

Go Jaguars!!!
Kill him!!!
Kill him!!!
Kill him!!!

Foinah
01-08-2008, 09:38 PM
I agree, since no team before this year has ever taped another team's signals. Ever. It just never happened. Thank goodness it's been nipped in the bud now so we'll never have to discuss this side of sports again.

you sure about that? All sarcasm aside ;) (I feel the love, SK, I really do!)

I still adore the Pats, regardless of all of the hullaballoo and sour grapes. Their skills have carried them beyond the taping incident -- let me just say that it's a hypocritical stance of some coaches that taping was cheating. Why do you think coaches hold clipboards up in front of their faces while they call plays? eh? Having it on video rather than just lip reading makes it worse??? Mangini (sp? ha cleaned up so I don't offend anyone) is a whiny little (BEEP) who didn't squeal from some sense of moral outrage...think about it.
Next thing you know Baseball will jump on the bandwagon -- any player on second base caught sending the catcher's signals to the batter will be summarily executed!!!! Do not pass go, do not collect $200...

Sigh.

TOM BRADY IS THE MAN!!!! And the Pats are the sandwich....

sassandgroove
01-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Bravo - I should have said yesterday- You are a better person than TomBrady. :) Indeed, better than many.

Why do you think coaches hold clipboards up in front of their faces while they call plays? eh?Um- to prevent cheating. How is that hypocritical?

C.bronco
01-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Who is Tom Brady? Is he Oliver's cousin? Do people really watch football?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/livoenline/images/celebritology/oliver_l.jpg

quickWit
01-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Wow, Oliver! What ever happened to that little dufus?

C.bronco
01-08-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't know. I may have to google him.

quickWit
01-08-2008, 11:06 PM
I don't know. I may have to google him.

Hey! Take it easy, this is a family forum.

scarletpeaches
01-08-2008, 11:07 PM
I've never heard of this chap, but I can spell 'inadequate', so I don't feel such, no.

Jersey Chick
01-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Trust me, SP, you ain't missin' a thing.

Instead of executing the guy on second, the pitcher should be allowed to hit him with fastballs (from the neck down) until the guy on second passes out. Then the fans can throw popcorn and beer on him - sure, some would really have to stretch to cover the distance, but think of the action! :D

C.bronco
01-08-2008, 11:24 PM
It appears that eggplant has the most effect on self-esteem. Similar issues have been explored here: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60378&highlight=monkey+butts

Jersey Chick
01-08-2008, 11:25 PM
All hail (or fear) the eggplant.

sassandgroove
01-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Trust me, SP, you ain't missin' a thing.

Instead of executing the guy on second, the pitcher should be allowed to hit him with fastballs (from the neck down) until the guy on second passes out. Then the fans can throw popcorn and beer on him - sure, some would really have to stretch to cover the distance, but think of the action! :DExcept that he plays football.

Jersey Chick
01-09-2008, 01:26 AM
No - I meant the proposed change to the baseball rules if the guy on second base is caught stealing the catcher's signs. Sorry about that - I should've clarified a little better (guess that one needed a rewrite :D)

When the Pats play the Jets at the Meadowlands, I'm sure everyone but the teams gets covered in beer. I went to a Jets/Dolpins game once (rooting for the Fins) and almost drowned.

Foinah
01-09-2008, 02:00 AM
No - I meant the proposed change to the baseball rules if the guy on second base is caught stealing the catcher's signs. Sorry about that - I should've clarified a little better (guess that one needed a rewrite :D)

When the Pats play the Jets at the Meadowlands, I'm sure everyone but the teams gets covered in beer. I went to a Jets/Dolpins game once (rooting for the Fins) and almost drowned.

I understood ya just fine ;)

davids
01-09-2008, 02:22 AM
I have to admit, when I first saw this question I laughed because I can relate to it and I debated answering it. But I figured we’re all adults here and I can be honest and everyone knows I’m good for a laugh, so here goes.

I’m currently seeing a woman who used to go on and on and on about Tom Brady.

Yes, that’s right – I said “used to”. :D

I am dating a woman who used to be Tom Brady-great set of bazookas-what an arm!!!!

Bravo
02-04-2008, 07:07 AM
so close, tom.

so close.

:(

louisgodwin
02-04-2008, 07:11 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

That poor boy just looked so frustrated.

Bravo
02-04-2008, 07:15 AM
good looking people should never have to face disappointments like this.

:(

Serenity
02-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Where's the "HELL NO" option? :D

Jersey Chick
02-04-2008, 07:46 AM
tom who?

perfect what?

;)

sassandgroove
02-04-2008, 09:01 PM
It was like the Hammer of God was coming down in the Pats in the form of Eli! Whoot!

Robert Toy
02-04-2008, 09:43 PM
?
Sounds like a self-image problem.

The only person that can make you feel inadequate is yourself.

badducky
02-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Let's put this all in perspective:

I'm 28. My book comes out tomorrow. My best days of work and fame and glory are always hiding in the next word document I open. My words will shape the hyperreal that shapes the world.

Tom Brady is about my age. He is getting piledrived by very large, scary men. He is on lots of pain medication. His best days - increasingly - fall into the past. When he is forty, he will be unable to move the way that I will be able to move. He will retire into an announcer's booth to glorify the youth and fame that is no longer his. His glory is as fleeting as the cartilege in his knees and back.

And, as a matter of fact, I have dated models before, and I have to say that I am glad I no longer have to hold entire conversations about the intricacies of swimsuit cuts and lighting on butt curves.

Jersey Chick
02-04-2008, 10:38 PM
lighting on butt curves - okay, it's official - i think i've heard it all :D

jannawrites
02-04-2008, 10:40 PM

The only person that can make you feel inadequate is yourself.

I know. I KNOW. *hangs head in shame* I'm still working on it.

Shadow_Ferret
02-04-2008, 10:43 PM
No, he doesn't make me feel inadequete. I've never dumped a pregnant girlfriend. I have a stronger moral code then he does.

jannawrites
02-04-2008, 10:54 PM
No, he doesn't make me feel inadequete. I've never dumped a pregnant girlfriend. I have a stronger moral code then he does.

Ooh, burn!

Bravo
02-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Sounds like a self-image problem.

that's not something i'm capable of having.

trust me.

maestrowork
02-04-2008, 10:57 PM
And, as a matter of fact, I have dated models before, and I have to say that I am glad I no longer have to hold entire conversations about the intricacies of swimsuit cuts and lighting on butt curves.

Amen, bro. So what if he's good looking (so am I)? So what if he dates models (so have I)? So what if he's rich (I'm not rich, but I'm comfortable and self-reliant)? And so what if he's good at sports (I'm good at many things... like writing! And I play a mean game of basketball)? He's just another guy to me. Good for him to making it. But like you said, my best days are still ahead. There's nothing to be envious about.

Word.

Robert Toy
02-04-2008, 11:05 PM
that's not something i'm capable of having.

trust me.
Is that supposed to be news?...:tongue

Jaycinth
02-04-2008, 11:10 PM
"Does Tom Brady make you feel inadequete? "

No. Why should he?

Nelson Demille makes me feel inadequate...Steven King makes me feel inadequate...

When I see Tom Brady....

I realize .................:D

I have time to go to the bathroom.

Bravo
02-04-2008, 11:12 PM
p.s. there's a difference between dating models and dating supermodels.

hmph

Jersey Chick
02-04-2008, 11:17 PM
isn't it only about 3 IQ points? ;)

Robert Toy
02-04-2008, 11:54 PM
p.s. there's a difference between dating models and dating supermodels.

hmph
Sure does, it all has to do with the size of your... bank account.

Jersey Chick, 3 IQ points? That's being generous!

Jersey Chick
02-05-2008, 12:06 AM
I'm still in a good mood from the Super Bowl - don't worry, I'm sure it'll pass soon... :D

sassandgroove
02-05-2008, 12:10 AM
My husband is in the best mood I've seen him in for months.

He and his best friend were jumping up and down and yelling when the Giants scored with 35 seconds left on the clock. It was a beautiful thing.

Jersey Chick
02-05-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm trying to talk my husband into going to the parade tomorrow. I kinda wish it was being held at Giants Stadium again, since I'm much more comfortable getting in and out of there, as opposed to Manhattan, which I don't navigate all that well.

We'll see...

sassandgroove
02-05-2008, 01:47 AM
I'm getting a Giants shirt. I promised during the game that if they won I would. :D

billythrilly7th
02-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Amen, bro. So what if he's good looking (so am I)? So what if he dates models (so have I)? So what if he's rich (I'm not rich, but I'm comfortable and self-reliant)? And so what if he's good at sports (I'm good at many things... like writing! And I play a mean game of basketball)? He's just another guy to me. Good for him to making it. But like you said, my best days are still ahead. There's nothing to be envious about.

I love great sarcasm.

Well done.

Jersey Chick
02-05-2008, 02:18 AM
I went out and bought 3 hats - I was amazed to find any... :D

nancy sv
02-05-2008, 02:34 AM
Who in the he!! is Tom Brady?

jannawrites
02-05-2008, 02:44 AM

Go easy on her, guys. She spends her time traversing the lands on her bike, not in front of the t.v.

:)

Hillary
02-05-2008, 03:06 AM

This is, I believe, the most accurate thing ever written about Tom Brady. It was from wwtdd and was posted just after he dumped the actress Bridget Moynahan and before(?... who knows about that, really) he began shacking up with Gisele.

This chick might as well go gay because no dude is gonna wanna follow Tom Brady. He won the Super Bowl three times, he's richer than most countries and he looks like a damn model. I made a list of the guys who have more to offer a girl than Tom Brady:

1. Bruce Wayne

And that was pretty much it.

I'm helpful.

Rolling Thunder
02-05-2008, 03:09 AM
I blame everything on Marsha. Marsha Marsha Marsha!